New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

Things look grim as Sarris and Oghash are both bleeding heavily from the savage claws of the scaled were-orc hermit, his power and strength massive in his part crocodilian form! Then as prayers to dark Gods are answered luck turns. Grumble arrives, the massive ogre striking at the were-crocodile forcing it onto the defensive even as another arrow from Salem strikes deep into its leg, the force staggering it.

With Grumble and the arrows distracting it Sarris and Oghash fuelled by Adrius's powerful chants moved in and with a pair of savage blows from axe and sword the beast slowly toppled down, even its unnatural resistance unable to sustain such ferocity as it fell face first into the mud, the maddened cannibal still chopping at it!

Grumble looks down at the pair of dead crocodiles, a dumb smile on his tusked face, a stuttering, "Grumble eat lizard...? Lizard good. Lizard big, fill Grumble belly..."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Nearly passing out from his wounds as the music fades, Sarris gives a flippant response. "Hopefully we did not damage the hides too much. Like I said, I could use a nice new pair of boots. Also, I think the werecroc's head would look good on my wall as a fitting trophy. Any of you good with skinning animals? If not, I may be able to salvage something. Potions would be nice too." As he says this, he hacks away at the werecroc's neck until it's head is severed from its body.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    If nobody steps up, Sarris will attempt to skin the croc, leaving the meat for the ogre, but possibly claiming some for later, possibly to make jerky. Not sure if I can take 20 (nothing big is threatening us currently). If I can, the result is 24. Otherwise, the roll is (1d20+4)[12]

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

While her companion begins speaking as he beheads the were-gator, Oghash continues to scream, spit, and all-but froth at the mouth as she hacks at the creature with her axe, blood and gore splashing in her insane violence on the corpse. Only once the head falls to the wet earth does she let up, her breathing heavy and her eyes wide and manic. As she realizes that Grumblejack and Sarris have been talking she stares for several long breaths as her brain catches up. "I will help, Grumble. Do you want to cut it, or tear it?" she asks the ogre as she drags the mangled body to a drier spot out of the water. She then turns back and drags the two gator corpses to the same place and says, "There is plenty of meat here for several of us. When I can't get better, animal meat has been good enough. Their tails have lots of muscle..."

The half-orc woman takes out her blades and starts helping to harvest the three creatures' bodies, showing signs of experience with such work. "If we want to smoke the meat we need a fire - are we far enough from the road?"

Show
    Survival (1d20+5)[9] or take 2 for a 25 to harvest some meat from the three dead enemies.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

Ahkmathi watched his companions finally fell the crocodilians, although in retrospect the fight seemed a close thing. Perhaps blindly rushing forward to attack wasn’t always the correct answer. Of course this lot may never learn that lesson. In practical terms, it meant the Mage would have to find a way for his more powerful spells to aid them; controlling the battle space was all well and good, but if his allies simply ran through fog, grease and illusory images there was little point in wasting his time.

Of course, there were other ways to empower the martially minded ...

He raised an eyebrow as two of the warriors chatted in the aftermath of combat but Oghash continues to rage away. He would have smirked, but first, she did not seem the type to laugh at herself, and second, this was additional confirmation on her style of battle. The real question - was the bloodlust compulsory or by choice?

Putting the wand away, Ahkmathi made his way closer to the group, taking great care to avoid slipping in the wet. ”Well done. But before you consume him entirely, perhaps we can search his remains. I might also suggest one of you outdoors-types might look for tracks; I am guessing this fool had a lair, and it might provide an out of the way place to perform your culinary wizardry ... and rest, if you are so inclined.”

As he spoke, he seemed completely disinterested in what the others decided, as if the decisions were either unimportant ... or beneath him.
    [hr]OOC - Sorry for the delay, but we should loot ... and if it’s evening, a cave might be a good idea to hide in. And search for moar loot!
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

The grip on his blade loosening, Adrius watches the others bandy about swamp dining with an easy, boyish smile on his face. Going from Sarris to Oghash and Grumblejack, he claps all three of them on the arms and shoulders with aplomb.

"Well fought, all of you!" he exclaims. "Let me be the first to admit that I was of little help, but I confess that I deeply enjoyed watching you all carve us up some dinner. When we get our fire going, I humbly suggest that you get the choicest cuts of the meat."

Wiping a hand through his sandy blonde hair, the young performer turns his winsome grin on Ahkmathi and Salem. "And the two of you were equally instrumental with your support. You know, when we were first breaking out of Branderscar, I was already of the mind that we all make quite a team. Now, though? Now I’m starting to think that the Markadians made a colossal mistake in locking us all up together."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2020-10-24 at 07:21 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #36

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    ”Well done. But before you consume him entirely, perhaps we can search his remains. I might also suggest one of you outdoors-types might look for tracks; I am guessing this fool had a lair, and it might provide an out of the way place to perform your culinary wizardry ... and rest, if you are so inclined.”
    Oghash looks up from her grisly task and listens as the elf speaks. With a growl she nods and says, "That is wise - I will look," she answers as she gets up, cleans her weapons briefly (only spending enough time to really clean the blades that go in sheaths - her axe is developing a nasty-looking bloodstain that she doesn't seem inclined to prevent), and then starts looking around for the signs of the reptiles' trail.

Show
    Survival: (1d20+5)[17] or Take 20 for a 25, if allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Going from Sarris to Oghash and Grumblejack, he claps all three of them on the arms and shoulders with aplomb.
    Oghash jumps at the sudden contact, turning and snarling at Adrius for a moment before realizing his touch wasn't threatening but...friendly? Her reaction is much like a stray dog who has never had kindness shown it that is suddenly touched by a person. She's clearly uncomfortable with it but not sure how she should behave in response.

When she her brain realizes she shouldn't actually bite, claw, or swing her axe at Adrius, the half-orc woman looks embarrassed very briefly before scowling and returning to her efforts to find tracks. "Don't touch me without warning - next time you might lose that hand..." she threatens half-heartedly.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

When Oghash starts and shows a bit more of her inner beast, Adrius does not flinch. Rather, he dips his head slightly in a gesture that could imply respect, or perhaps admiration, and his eyes do not leave hers.

"A risk well worth taking, to congratulate you on a job well done," he replies, "I suppose that I'll make sure to be more deliberate with my touch next time."
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Salem strode up to their dead foes with an arrow still nocked. "Warned you, you dumb beast." He spat on the corpse of the were-croc before he set about retrieving as many arrows as he could.

"I can heal two of you by Infernal blessing. That's all I can manage until the following dawn. I can help look for the beast's lair but I doubt we'd find much beyond some swampy pit and maybe more of these things."

9. - Top - End - #39

NecromancerGuy

Though she doesn't go asking for healing, Oghash clearly needs some medical attention.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Oghash is going to be very superstitious about magic (as long as it isn't hers). She needs 14 HPs to be topped off.

As he player I am asking for healing. I promise she won't bite (hard enough to do damage).

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi nodded absently to Adrius' comments, his eyes narrowing as the man turned to gush over the others. It was difficult to tell if the man meant well, but for anyone involved with a plot against the crown, it was likely he was as false as he seemed fair. Raging brutes were one thing to deal with; manipulative plotters were another. However, the man did have a point - they were better as a team than as enemies.

To Salem, he shook his head in mock disappointment. ”The purpose of finding a lair is two-fold. One, we remain off the road for a bit. Given we saw riders heading to the prison, it is probably best we stay far from the normal traffic routes. Second, it gives us a place to rest and perform any preparations we need to accomplish this evening, away from prying eyes, but in a place that is likely already safe. Finding contraband would simply be a bonus.

However, if you'd like to interrupt our companions field dressing of the fallen with a better plan, then by all means. Action, however, is preferred to indecision.”

Wandering over to Oghash, Ahkmathi slipped out a potion. "We found this in the prison - it should help. Of course, I can't speak to the quality of its make …"

OOC - forgot I claimed a potion … giving it up to the beast woman.
    Show
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Last edited by Starbin; 2020-10-26 at 04:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

It doesn't take long to find the hermit's hovel. As predicted its a crude hut buttressed by rotting trees and made of daub and swamp grass. But inside the thick mud walls insulate the hit well, and once one gets used to the strange leathery smell there is dried mosses in thick piles to act as beds. A pair of strange earthen hums also result in a clutch of (tasty) eggs that can soon be added to the low fire that is still hot, even as it burns with almost smokeless peat and moss, although it will be wise to extinguish the fire come dawn.

The furnishings are non existent bar a few scraps of clothing, some smattered pictures daubed on the walls and cheap and broken basic survival tools. The only thing of note is a suite of fine Mithran chainmail, gold links at the collars and the neck indicating something of a rank and importance. The chain is accompanied by once gleaming battle axe. Not tarnished by rust and verdigris. Although, as a finger is run down the edge it shows it still maintains a razor edge, where it wasn't nicked from being used as a simple wood axe

Spoiler: Loots
    Show

Chain mail +1
    Battle axe +1

The crude dwelling does at least appear a safe place to spend the night and hidden under some rags at the back you find 3 small barrels of ale to act as a fine accompaniment to the grilled crocodile and poached eggs that you can feast one

Anyone setting a watch as night draw in? What healing is happeing?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

With a quick prayer, Salem healed Sarris and Oghash as best he could. "That's all our master has seen fit to grant me 'till dawn. I can keep an eye out tonight, but best for me to do it after dawn."

Spoiler
    Show

Sarris heals (1d8+2)[4]
    Oghash heals (1d8+2)[4]

13. - Top - End - #43

NecromancerGuy

Oghash looks at the potion offered by Ahkmathi with a puzzled look. "What am I supposed to do with that? I have water - get out of my face!" She then returns to her search for the were-gator's trail.

When Salem comes up a moment later to offer healing she flinches away, her teeth bared as she barely stays her hand from the axe at her side. When Oghash's wounds knit closed and the pain eases slightly she looks at the healer suspiciously. "What have you done to me? I got these marks," she gestures to the tattoos on her body and the brand on her face, "from magic. I won't be kind to you for using your tricks!" Oghash yells the last words, her expression and body language full of pain, betrayal, and bewilderment.

Show
    Oghash will eventually be taking the Superstition Rage Power. She already doesn't trust magic, but gains no mechanical benefits or drawbacks from this distrust (yet). Much of this comes from her violent, abusive father - the orcish shaman who kidnapped, raped, and eventually killed her mother. He was not a gentle father and used his magic to "make her stronger" until Oghash killed and ate him and most of the rest of the tribe.

So no offense, OoC. Even in-character she appreciates the lessened pain, but she has no idea how to respond to kindness. If it helps, think of her as an abused dog who is used to being in pit fights and earning whippings when she loses. It would be similar psychology.

Oh, and please keep healing her! She needs it and won't actually strike back in response.

When the party finds the hut Oghash looks satisfied with herself and finds a spot to sit out of the damp swamp. She carefully removes her armor and pokes at her wounds before rinsing them with clean water and then wrapping them up with strips of cloth. The half-orc is paying no attention to the others as they search, so she doesn't see the magical weapon or armor until someone holds them up to examine. Everyone there can see that the chain would be an improvement over hers. She also carries a one-handed battleaxe, though none of the party have ever seen her use it instead of the two handed greataxe she seems to favor.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show
    Oghash would wear the better armor or take the weapon or both, but honestly someone else should take the axe. Also, she is going to generally tank her AC for a while, so if anyone else would use the armor, they should take it instead of her. She might argue, weakly, but will give up if they mention that it is enchanted.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

"If you'd been scarred by a sword, would you then refuse to wield one?" Salem returned Oghash's outburst with stone-faced stoicism. "This is the favor of Asmodeus, whose favor got us out of Branderscar, if you recall."

15. - Top - End - #45

NecromancerGuy

Oghash just stares sullenly back at Salem, a sub-vocal growl her only response.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi looked askance at Oghash’s response, then shrugged. ”It is, as you say, water to wash away the blood. I shall keep it for later, then.” However, when she nearly lashed out from the healing, his eyes narrowed. Here was an opportunity to control this mad dog through her fear of magic. However, cultivating that would limit the ability to enchant the woman and send her into battle. And the tattoos she pointed to spoke of more than simple tribal markings - there was something arcane and primal about them.

After a moment, he approached Oghash and spoke softly. "You seem a savvy warrior. If you wish to defeat the Mitrans, you will need every advantage, to include magic. Rest assured they will use it against you at every chance. We cannot afford you flinching or attacking each time one of us casts a spell to help you."

A bit louder, he spoke to include the others. "Let us agree we shall let you know the spells we might cast you, and you agree to maintain your composure and use it to slay our enemies. Agreed? " Ahkmathi inclined his head, arms folded beneath his robes as he spoke.

When they found the weapon and chain shirt, the elf focused on them for a moment, then sniffed dismissively at the items. ”An enchanted blade and suit of armor - perhaps those who are not uncomfortable with enchanted items might find use in them ...”

OOC - Keeping the potion..
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

NecromancerGuy

Oghash stares at the elven man distrustfully as he speaks to her, silently thinking about what he says. As she slowly seems to realize the truth in his words she frowns and looks away. With a huff she nods once, apparently confirming her willingness to cooperate. As he directs everyone to warn her of magic use she looks around with eyes full of emotions - anger, pain, fear, and more. "I won't hurt you unless you hurt me, or try to control me," she agrees. "Before now power like that always hurt. What you did," she looks at Salem, "...didn't. It hurt...less...?" For a moment there is a hint of wonder in her voice, as if she had never imagined such a thing before.

With a violent shake of her head she bares her teeth again, but doesn't growl or direct her hostility towards anyone there. "I will kill our enemies! If your...magic...will help, you may use it. What all can you do with it?"

Show
    Oghash is literally asking what spell effects she should expect. We can have this conversation in-character or behind the scenes. Surprise effects may not elicit good reactions from her, though...

I am really enjoying this, by the way! I appreciate all the effort to work with her particular brand of crazy!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

"The armor's a bit noisy for me. One of you ought to take it, then you won't need as much patching up. As for the axe, I'll take it if no one else wants it, but I favor the bow and I've already got a sword for close encounters."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek[/url], Elven Conjurist

Ahkmathi shrugged slightly. ”Much of my magic will affect the world around you, but not you directly. Could it hurt you? Perchance ... should you walk into an on-going effect. For example, summoning slippery grease upon the ground will affect you as much as the enemies; just as a cloud of fog would impinge everyone's vision. The more likely spell I would use upon the warriors of this group is one that enlarges your form, granting strength and size over speed and agility. I am unaware of any pain in the transformation, but I admit I have never cast it upon myself.”

Ahkmathi thought for a moment, rubbing his chin before speaking up again. "I suppose there are a number of cantrips I might use, to enable us to whisper across a distance or cast light, mask scents etc. However, these seem minimally impacting to anyone, and certainly not painful to anyone I know."

OOC -Convo continues
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

NecromancerGuy

As she listens to Ahkmathi the half-orc woman ignores the discovery of enchanted gear. Oghash looks to be struggling to imagine the effects he describes, but when he mentions her growing larger she looks interested. "How much bigger?" Oghash asks, before gesturing to Grumblejack. "Could you make me as big as an ogre? If you can, I think it would be...good...?" she says, her voice ending in an unconfident high note as she tries to think of the best word and fails. "What is a 'cantrip?' Will it make someone fall?"

Show
    Oghash will eventually (at level 4 and beyond) automatically enjoy the effect of Enlarge Person when she rages. Exploring that magic frequently before she levels up to 4 would be great!

As a bloodrager she also doesn't get Cantrips, so she really doesn't understand the concept. Feel free to RP it or not as she continues to ask questions. With her Intelligence of 8 I suspect she won't be that interesting as a conversationalist, so it probably won't entertain Ahkmathi any, but she won't stop asking questions about this until she is either bored or something interrupts them...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"My whole view is the best defense is a good offense. If they're on the ground bleeding to death, no need to block or dodge their attacks. Unfortunately, if I can't bring them down fast enough, I have problems. While I am not against extra protection, it slows me down considerably. I need to be able to move. So, if one of you wants the armor, have at it."

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing their new accommodations, the skald makes a point of walking around them to visibly inspect the area. His face, when not directly speaking to any other member of the group, instantly drops its smile and adopts a more pensive, thoughtful expression; his eyebrows narrow slightly together, and full lips become pursed in thought. As such, he does not appear to be paying too much heed to the discussion on available magic. He does, however, interject a few times to extol his own capabilities.

"Beyond the... particular effects that my voice has on warriors, I have a few spells at my disposal. I can conjure up false images out of the air, insubstantial things to give vision to the foolish." The half-elf gives Akhmathi a nod. "I can also emulate our conjurer friend here in that I can make the ground slick and inhospitable to our foes. Finally, I can sharpen my own senses or call upon litanies of fate to weaken companies of our enemies."

Adrius shakes his head gently when the issue of spoils is brought up, and nobody among their number chooses to take part in being first to make their claim. "I may yet make use of this armor," he says to the group when it comes to him, "but only because it seems as though nobody else cares to do so."
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

The rest of the night passes in relative peace, and soon a cool dawn greets you all with a murmur of midges and the dull croak of the bullfrogs in the marsh. Grumble lurks in the corner, the massive ogre smiling as he still chews upon the limbs of one of the crocodiles and grunts a greeting to you all. "Sun up, little men in blue will scurry in swamp look today for us..."

Even as he speaks, there is a faint "toot" of a hunting horn, although from the sound of it you can tell its many miles away so not an immediate concern. Surveying the land around you, Oghash (with a good survival check) realises that there are two main ways to cross the marsh, the lower road with more cover as you can push through the thick bogs and reeds hugging the valley bottoms or a faster route, sticking to the shrubs and weeds and running up and over the undulating hills... It would be faster but if you are being pursued would leave you more exposed to any sharp eyed pursuit!

1. Low, damp and slow OR
    2. Higher, faster, less hidden?

remember to heal overnight, Get HD+Con mod back, or twice that if someone was healing with the heal skill

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi nods to Adrius, then responds to Oghash. ”Cantrips are smaller spells, not a play on words. As for size ...” He glanced over at Grumblejack, musing. "You would likely be as large, or larger. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to study. I will leave you to your cooking."

Ahkmathi found a quiet spot and pulled out the spellbook they had obtained from the fool at the prison. Fortunately, I will put more use to it than that incompetent monkeigh ...

The next morning, Ahkmathi rose, ready to proceed. Given the warning by Grumblejack and the resulting horns, the mage pointed towards the swamp. "If they have hounds, let them try to find us hidden within these smelly bogs. We can always hasten our steps later, but not if we are back in prison."

OOC - Not sure if I can spend some time working on spells, but Ahkmathi would attempt to scribe mount, shield, magic missile, and alarm to his spellbook. Deciphering should be free w/read magic, so if we have 4 hrs to complete, I'd take 10 on each spellcraft check to make sure I can knock them out.

If I have to roll, then
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mount - (1d20+11)[30], Shield - (1d20+9)[27], magic missile - (1d20+9)[29], alarm - (1d20+9)[16]

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2020-10-29 at 05:31 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

NecromancerGuy

As the odd party wraps up the evening, Oghash eventually notices the magical armor and axe. She inspects them both, weighing the axe versus her own and considering the armor suspiciously. "What does it's magic do?" she asks the more intelligent and magically knowledgeable villains. When they explain it only makes the armor better she shrugs into it and says, "I will take this, then. Singer - you take the axe, I don't want it." Looking at the old chainmail she had been wearing she asks, "Shall we bring this with us? Or leave it here?"

The cannibal stays up late, cooking and preparing the meat she can and standing first watch. When Grumblejack wakes the party in the morning she nods and looks at the possible paths. "We can go high or low. High is faster, low is sneakier," she reports. When Ahkmathi suggests going low, she nods in agreement. "Yeah, I don't mind the wet either. Don't want to die in jail, though..."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Still nursing his tender wounds from the crocs, Sarris responds almost sullenly, "I'm normally the first to jump at the bit and ignore hiding for the quick and dirty solution. Unfortunately, I took a bit of a hit. While, no doubt, Oghash can take a few down, if they cut through him, what are the rest of you dandies going to do? If any of you fall, what's to stop the ogre here from indiscriminately chowing down on you? So, yeah, I'll concede that bogging through this marsh a bit, giving us time to recover, may be a bit more survivable."

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

The cool autumn air does nothing to ease the slog through the marshes as you set off apace through the bogs, reed beds and kneed deep mud. Every few steps clouds of midges and other biting insects rise from the fetid waters and soon many of you are spotting itchy red spots where you've been bitten. The marshes are a thoroughly miserable affair! Even with crocoilde (relatively well cooked!) to chew on the water you have available is brackish and unpalatable to the taste

After a few hours of wading through the valley bottoms, Sarris, Oghash and Salem all recognise the rotten smell of sulphours and warn the others, a timely warning as a few vapours of steam sift from the bog marshes and as you crawl and drag yourself through the tangled logs and rotten shrubs on the side of slope there is faint hiss of gas before a column of boiling swamp water and acidic fumes erupt from within the pool that you now skirt! Only the dark gods know what may have happened to you if you had been there when the geyser blew!

Another couple of hours see's you late into the afternoon and by Salem and Oghash's estimates probably now only half a day from the vague directions the mysterious Tiadora had given you but a stout river now blocking your path. The muddy streams you've been following now winding their way into a decent sized river that now stretches some 40ft across from the muddy and bush covered banks. Pausing to drink from the cleaner water Salem and Ahkmathi both catch sight of a stout stone bridge crossing the river maybe 1 mile upstream, but a small bright blue flag emblazoned with a sunburst rising from a small stone building by the end of the bridge and a thin curl of smoke in the sky suggests that the bridge is far from deserted....

You avoided the dangerous bogs an didn't get lost. Try your hand at swimming or investigate the bridge?

28. - Top - End - #58

NecromancerGuy

Oghash takes her spot at the back of the line, obscuring footprints in the mud and hiding their trail as best she can. It takes her longer to hide the signs of Grumblejack's passage, but everyone is moving so slowly that she doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up. When they avoid the dangers of the swamp she nods in satisfaction, but doesn't make any vocal sign of approval.

At the river she grunts unhappily. "I don't want to swim that in armor - let's go kill some more Mitrans at the bridge. That should cheer us all up," she votes after the bridge is pointed out by the lead criminal. "We can't let any escape, though. How can we stop anyone running from the other side?"

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why don't you just take the armor off, then swim across? We don't know how many are down there, and attacking across a bridge is dicey. Even if we win, one might get away to spread the warning. And even if we kill them all, our direction will be noted when that lot fails to report."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Gritting his teeth, Sarris simply places his hand over the hilt of his sword, waiting expectantly, seeing either option as flawed, but necessary. Not up to fighting condition, he nonetheless knows it may be required. He waits for the others to decide.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim