New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

Oghash/Sharon nods at Stvari's wise plan and begins gathering the dead men, wrapping them up in their cloaks and carefully checking the area to be sure nothing is left behind to implicate the trio in the brutal murders.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Mechanics - Take 20 on Survival for a 24 to try and hide any signs of the mess we made here. If there's not time: (1d20+4)[13]

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

With the woods to move through its the work of a few moments to roll up the dead men in their own cloaks and start the laborious process of dragging them to the abandoned cabin in the woods where you can stack them easily in the shrubbery under some heavy planks of wood borrowed from the Golem's workshop woodpile. Eddarly spent much of the time weeping and pacing before listening to Ahkmathi and Sharon and nodding. "I'll go to her, but I cannot do it now. I will return to my quarters and send word to the Lord Commander that I am ill. I cannot face my men or Mott's with the soul stained with his blood." he pauses to grasp Ahkmathi and Sharon by the shoulder, "Please. I need your help in making sure I can leave with Kaitlyn. We will start a new life together her and I and live our days simplay away from all of this.". As he speaks all three of you are assured that he'll remain home. He seems badly shaken and Oghash is pretty sure he get back to his home and crawl into the nearest brandy bottle for the rest of the day.

----

Later in the morning its Ahkmathi who takes the lead in talking with your friendly alchemist. Asking questions about the shop and the ledgers and making small talk. Something the young man is only too happy to do, excited about the priest visiting on the morrow to view his greatest ever work! he is still talking about excitedly when Oghash approaching quietly from behind him swings her axe with the blade flat and buries in it his skull knocking him out with a single blow as he was describing his dream of an army of Golems defending the Watch wall. After Ahkmathi has cleaned up the mess with some minor presdigitations and the unconcious alchemist is securely boud and gagged he easily took on the appearance of the man and spent a brief half hour serving women herbs to dampen their husband's ardour and a selection of brewing yeasts to Timon for his next batch of ale. THen its time to close up the shop, borrowing the keys to be able to close up shop and flip the sign to "closed". The fact the shop is closed for a half day is not unusual as between building his golem and actually workig his lab to make stock the shop was often closed on an afternoon.

----

4 hour later, as the evening begins to draw in, the 3 moons rising in the sky casting a pale white light over the area the three anti-heroes find themselves stalking through the wood and shrubbery down to the shores of the lake. Already you can see on a small rise above the beach, a natrual hummock, clear of any dense shrubbery for some 100ft diameter with a commanding view over the lake and shore has a fire burning and a line of horses. 3 tents pitched neatly in a line and the men ofthe patrol standing by the fire prodding some sort of meat.

Assume you are ~400ft away to start. There are trees and bushes up to ~100ft then nothing as you climb the small rise. Its ~300ft from the shore if you choose to approach from the beach. Currently its early evening so ~2 hours till its get to moonlight darkness
    Last edited by DrK; 2022-09-08 at 02:52 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #633

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    [Capt Eddarly]
    Sharon/Oghash watches the broken man slink away, her mind racing with ways to further ruin him and his beloved's happiness. "If he won't be useful again, I will kill him and force Kaitlyn," (mocking voice) "to serve us in some other way. If he's worth it, I'll let them enjoy each other a little while..."

[The alchemist]
    With a self-satisfied nod, Oghash binds and gags the alchemist thoroughly, paying no heed to how tightly the ropes cut into the little man's limbs or his comfort in any way. Hoisting him up by his short hair she mocking shakes him and says, "Trussed up like a little lamb for the slaughter. I'll drop him next to the dead soldiers where we can get him in the morning," before doing exactly that.

Before trekking out to the patrol, Oghash first takes some time to enjoy a grisly meal of dead-soldier at the golem-shack. After cleaning up she returns to the potion shop and asks the "new" owner for potions or other ways to improve her combat prowess. "I'm still hurt from this morning. I don't trust this stuff much, but if you say it's safe I'll drink a potion or two before we start the hunt tonight..." she says to Ahkmathi with a grim smile.

[The Patrol]
    "Distract them and then sneak close? Or get in close first and surprise them?" Sharon/Oghash asks her companions as they look into the camp. She looks specifically for any sentries that might spot them, hoping they're lazy and distracted instead...

Spoiler: Mechanics and OoC
    Show
    Kaitlyn hasn't been as badly broken by the love-triangle-tragedy we helped make happen. Oghash has a cruel streak and cannot stand the idea that the other, more-beautiful woman could be happy at the end of all this. I'm starting to doubt that Eddarly can be reinforced enough to be useful long-term, but perhaps Kaitlyn could be turned and used to lead the prostitutes we might send south to evangelize for Asmodeus? If not, Oghash would just want to make her suffer some, out of spite.

By eating some of the dead soldiers today Oghash maintains her buffs from her Ghoul-curse.

Surely we can top off hit points and get a good buff or two before the fight at the patrol. Oghash has a couple of spells I'd like to use (Divine Favor as a buff and Barbed Chains as a distraction/BFC) to start the fight. If she has to heal herself up to full first, though, she won't have as much to offer there...

Perception check to find sentries or anything else interesting about the patrol's camp" (1d20+6)[9]

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

In the alchemist's shop, the cruelty of Stvari's wicked patron truly comes to light. Where Oghash is content to offer brutish violence, the Dwarf delicately strides along the balance between pain for the sake of itself and enough relief to highlight the man's continued torment. Unwilling (for now) to dedicate his limited magical efforts, he instead spends several long minutes in the secluded golem hut re-binding the man's wounds only to inflict new ones in the wake of such meager comfort. After a time, he leaves the alchemist, satisfied in his profane efforts and confident in the expertise that only a trained practitioner of Zon Kuthon might attain that the man won't wake- much less be able to free himself- before the next day. Maybe two.

He then dedicates what's left of the afternoon to studying the contents of the alchemist's shop more thoroughly. Using his ability to perceive magical auras, he sweeps the entire building for auras and takes as long as he can to attempt to identify them.

Finally, he follows Oghash to the site of the patrol's camp. With a pleased, wicked grin, he notes their position largely where expected, and prowls through the underbrush. "I can see almost as well in the dark as day," he murmurs, still several hundred feet away. "I'll leave the choice up to you, but the pink skins up there will struggle to overcome night blindness sleeping so close to their campfire. It'll be even worse for them if they bother to carry torches."

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

Post Duel

'Barthold' smiled sadly, patting the man on his back. Using a cantrip, he cleaned the man up and made him presentable, knowing the physical blood on his hands would remind him of the metaphorical stains all too much. "Get some rest, friend. Clear your mind. You did what you had to for love ... how can that be wrong? And as I said, your friends here were willing to ignore the tenets of Mithra and murder you were you stood, all for the crime of love. Well make sure you and your love are offered an opportunity to find peace." With that, they sent the man on his way, urging him to stay quiet for now, and send word to his men he was feeling ill.

When the man left, Ahkmathi grinned at the others. "I agree that sending him off to a happily ever after would be a waste. However, if we send him to the same city to the south we plan to establish a long term presence with the ladies of the Inn, we will have future opportunities to take advantage of this loving couple. Not only will we have eyes to monitor him, but several vassals who can ensure his path remains adjacent to our future needs. Never discard a potential solution just because you don't have the right question yet. Now, let us hide these bodies and see about renting a room in town."

The Alchemist

Ahkmathi watched as Stvari woke the hanging Caldwin up. Approaching the man in the guise of the alchemist himself, he smiled wryly. "Before my associate continues his ministrations, which I assure you will be prolonged and most painful, I wanted to share something with you. What is most ironic about your situation is that the very thing that set you apart from the town you wished to protect was the efforts you went through to create a protector. Clearly, you should have abandoned your attempts to serve Mithra with dark arts that clearly mark you as a disciple of Asomodeus ... in act, if not in admitted faith. Unfortunately, you sought acceptance of these sheep, but remained distant and awkward. If you had been more approachable, you probably would have had more friends who might miss your departure. Instead, you shall die and I shall become a better you than you could ever be. But don't worry, you're legacy will be cemented as we lay the blame for several deaths at your feet - chief among them the head priest you so desperately wanted to approval from.

Oh, and only an idiot would miss the distinctive odor of embalming fluids associated with recently deceased. I'm actually a little surprised you were able to continue your efforts unabated for so long; however, I'm certain that eventually, without our intervention, even the most lackluster of guards in this forsaken outpost would have eventually determined you were responsible for the theft of the missing bodies from the cemetery ... and you would have been burned at the stake.

So I suppose the silver lining is that you escaped such a fate. Unfortunately, you may wish for sweet release via flame before we are through.

Please continue, my friend ... he is ready for your full attention."

Ahkmathi left Stvari to his ministrations to obtain the warehouse to store additional stock and expand his support to local efforts. Afterwards, prior to their departure, he also took the opportunity to script a scroll to help with their later mission.

The Ambush

Ahkmathi crept through the woods quietly with his partners. His image now was that of Captain Eddarly, just in case someone survived to tell the tale. Anything that would keep the town from going to high alert was key, and an attack by the love-crazed, disgraced Captain was more likely to result in internal consternation than a full blown lockdown for external attacks. Before they got to close, he handed two small vials to his companions, murmuring, "These will grant you size to deal with our foes. I will lead with a spell to hopefully put them to sleep, but should that fail, two large foes should place them in an awkward position very quickly. I can ensure one of you can sneak up close without being seen, but the other will have to close on their own.

Are you ready to begin?"

OOC - So Ahkmathi will make a sleep scroll before they depart, and will give his companions each an enlarge person infusion. Recommend he try to cast sleep first, then they can attack ... he has a single invisibility for anyone that wants it.

Also taking the cognatogen prior to festivities starting ;)

KS Local - (1d20+14)[34] to determine if I think sleep will be effective against the patrol. If it isn't going to be effective, he'll cast euphoric cloud

Effects/Conditions: cognatogen (+4 Int, +2 AC, -2 Str; 30 min); enlarge person (3 minutes after imbibing); low-light vision

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 8 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 20 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 15 HP 26 Init +11 Move 30' / F +4 R +6 W +4
    Spoiler: Spells (4/3+1/2+1)
    Show
    0: detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand
    1: enlarge person, silent image, grease, color spray
    2: flaming sphere, bull's strength, euphoric cloud

Spoiler: Extracts
    Show
    (4/day)
    1: enlarge person, targeted bomb admixture, illusion of calm, enlarge person

Mutagen: 0/1 (+4 Int/Wis/Chr for -2 Str/Dex/Con, +2 AC; lasts 30 min)
    Bombs: 6/7 per day (fire), +6 / 2d6+6 / Splash 8 dam
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +15; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon +14; History/Engineering +13; Geo/Nobility +12; Spellcraft +10; Craft Alchemy +10; Perception +8; D.Device +8; UMD +5
    Teleport (‘5): 7/7
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #636
    Titan in the Playground

The Ambush

After a successful afternoon taking the place of the alchemist and leaving the man in great pain but alive and well secured for a future sacrifice you can all watch the small camp atop the hill. The men set a watch with 3 of them forming a triangle of sorts standing in the shadows some 30ft from the camp where the firelight won't overly spoil their vision, the night still relatively light with the moon and star light giving a dull silvery cast to everything. The remaining me and the Captain sit on a quartet of well used logs by the fire, the chatter of men on patrol, grumbles about horses and desires for a beer and warm inn carrying on the gentle breeze.

Ahkmathi watches them all and realises that although one or two will be susceptible to sleep, his spell is unlikley to affect a lot of them and that the cloud may be a better option for sowing mass confusion. Approaching the low mound you can easily get to ~80ft from the nearest guard, any closer and the sharp eyed guard may notice...

Surprise round, then Round 1 initiative

Round 1:
    Ahkmathi, Stavri
    Soldiers
    Oghash

i.e. after you have posted a suprise round I also need a round 1 post from Ahkmathi and Stavri

7. - Top - End - #637

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Oghash's Status, Surprise Round
    Show
    Oghash ("Fiendclaw" in Orcish)
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager/Oracle, Level 3, Init 3, HP 30/34, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 19, Touch 11, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18, Fort 7, Ref 6, Will 7, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Power Attack Reaver's Ax (+1 Greataxe, additional +1 vs Lawful) +9 (1d12+12, 20/x3)
    Chainmail +2, Heavy Steel Shield (+8 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (4/10 Rounds Used Today)
    Divine Favor (round 4/10, I estimate)
    Power Attack
    Ghoul Curse Benefit (cannibalized within 24 hours) (+1 Morale to all saves, already included in stat block)

Oghash/Sharon nods to her allies, accepting the offered vial from Ahkmathi and then waiting for him to prepare his own magic spells. Then she slinks towards the closest sentry, low to the ground and trying to move quietly in spite of her heavy chainmail. Once within range she stands and confidently prays, "Asmodeus, dark lord, reward our ambition and chain our foes!"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Before starting combat Oghash will take the extract offered by Ahkmathi and cast Divine Favor (this gives a luck bonus, which is increased by +1 due to Oghash's trait, Fate's Favored). Then she will delay her actions to allow him to set the stage (BFC) as he desires.

If allowed, she will also take an Invisibility spell from Ahkmathi, either in spell or potion/extract form, to add +20 to all of the stealth checks below...

Once that is done, she will use Stealth (1d20)[4] (15/80 ft), (1d20)[8] (30/80 ft total), (1d20)[3] (45/80 ft total) to get within 35 ft of the nearest sentry. I'm hoping that the darkness and brush will impose enough penalties (including distance penalties on Perception) to allow her to get close enough without giving herself away. Even if that fails she will move to that point and then cast her spell, losing surprise if necessary. She is NOT enlarged yet.

For the surprise round, she will take a 5-ft step and invoke Asmodeus' name to cast Barbed Chains to trip the sentry, (1d20+4)[24] combat maneuver check (vs hopefully their flat-footed CMD) and DC 12 Will save (if the trip hits) to avoid being shaken for (1d4)[3] rounds.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

As the group decided upon their final preparations, Ahkmathi held up a hand to forestall the others from leaving just yet. After handing the vials, he intoned a spell to cloak Oghash in invisibility. Then he whispered, "These men may or may not be affected by my sleep spell. However, they may find fascination in my multi-colored cloud. Let’s see how many of these fools we can catch in it. Fortunately the fog will also reduce their chance of seeing us. Once you’re ready, I can dismiss the fog and let you wreck havoc upon them. Or leave it up for those further away.

Prepare yourselves for violent delights."

OOC - Looks like we start with a mage armor spell from a scroll on Ahkmathi (lasts 1 hour)

Next, he’ll cast invisibility (scroll) on Oghash first (lasts 30 rounds or until she attacks.). We’ll let her advance closer.

Once Og is ready, euphoric cloud, centered to catch the camp and the sentries if possible; if not, we’ll just focus on the sentries. That only lasts 3 rounds, but folks affected will remain fascinated for 1d4+1 rounds (so we should have 5 rounds at least). DC 18 Will save or be fascinated. Ahkmathi will advance at bit during this time.

Then we’ll react depending on how the first rounds of attacks go.

Effects/Conditions: cognatogen (+4 Int, +2 AC, -2 Str; 30 min); enlarge person (3 minutes after imbibing); low-light vision

Show
    Str 8 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 20 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 15 HP 26 Init +11 Move 30' / F +4 R +6 W +4
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

Skills: Arcana/Planes +15; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon +14; History/Engineering +13; Geo/Nobility +12; Spellcraft +10; Craft Alchemy +10; Perception +8; D.Device +8; UMD +5

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

"Stay clear of the hill, Ahkmathi. When we approach, I will place silence atop it." He follows a few paces behind where he thinks Oghash is, carefully remaining low on the curvature of the hill.

He counts carefully, and after about 15 seconds, calls down divine silence amidst the patrol. "THEY KNOW SOMETHING'S UP! GO!" He bellows, as he begins racing up the hill.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    One move action past 80': (1d20+10)[23] stealth.

I'd like the silence to be pre-combat, though obviously the chatter suddenly ending will explicitly announce that something weird is happening. It'll also heavily complicate any coordination or orders they're expecting to have.

Surprise round: Weapon of awe on my unarmed strikes(?)
    Round 1: charge, with a trip at the end:
    (1d20+11)[20] trip attempt.
    If successful, vicious stomp:
    (1d20+6)[13] unarmed strike AoO
    (1d20+6)[24] crit confirmation
    (1d6+7)[8] damage (using destructive smite)
    (1d6+7)[13] crit confirmation

Spoiler: Stvari, round 1
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (MM)//Cleric, Level 3, Init 2, HP 25/25, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 22, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 8, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Unarmed Strike +6 (1d6+4, x2)
    (trip friendly) Spiked chain +6 (+9 for trip attempt) (2d4+4, x2)
    Flurry of Trip/dirty trick +7/+7 (-, )
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 6
    Condition Hardy, Stability, Dimdweller, Shadowhunter
    Evasion, +2 saves vs fear
    Ki pool: 1/1
    Stunning fist: 2/2
    Maneuver defense: gain AoOs for dirty trick and trip, even when usually not
    Destructive Smite: 6/7
    Touch of Darkness 7/7
    Cleric spells (see sheet)
    Weapon of awe: unarmed strikes +2 damage, crit causes shaken (3 minutes)

If another AoO is provoked, trip with a 23. https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=334

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

The three heroes of the 9-hells slowly approach the hill. Oghash advancing ahead of the others, her natural bulk helped by the shroud of light bending invisibility that Ahkmathi casts upon her. As she she gets closer the top of the hill centered on the crackling flames suddenly is plunged into silence as looks of alarm spread between the guards who's conversation falls silent before seconds later the top of the hill is swamped by a scintillating multi-hued fog that leaves two of the men standing as if poleaxed but hidden buy the fog.

Outside of the fog the closest sentry (and the only visible guard now from your side of the hill - the rest being in the mist) is suddenly upended and screams in fear as from his perspective a massive barbed chain lashes out from the darkness and tears him to the ground!

Ahkmathi round 1 to post then its the guards

11. - Top - End - #641
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

With the ambush spring, Ahkmathi let the fog continue to mask the area and turned to another spell. With a harsh whisper of power, the mage called into being a sober of flames in the middle of the camp where he had seen the soldiers gathered. He smirked his finger around, directing the sphere to roll around in expanding circles. Eventually it would hit something.

Fire dam - (3d6)[13] …DC 18 Ref save for zero damage

Round 1 - Advance 30’, cast flaming sphere into the center of camp where we saw all the soldiers, then move it around in an expanding spiral until it hits someone (hoping I can blindly put the sphere in there and have it roll around).

Effects/Conditions: mage armor (1 hr); invisibility (28 rounds); euphoric cloud (2 rounds); flaming sphere (3 rounds); cognatogen (+4 Int, +2 AC, -2 Str; 30 min); enlarge person (3 minutes after imbibing); low-light vision

Show
    Str 8 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 22 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 19 HP 26 Init +11 Move 30' / F +4 R +6 W +4
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

A great ball of fire starts rolling around the top of the hill, the sphere of fire breaking the men free from their fascinated state as one of the men screams as the fire burns him badly. The other men rolling around on the floor near where Oghash has appeared. The guard climbs up to his feet, steps away from Oghash and shoots with his bow. Within the cloud men shout and howl and 3 more emerge from the crowd drawing weapons upon seeing Oghash! One them with long hair and the golden star of a captain on their shoulder pauldrons.

Guard stands up from oghash, steps away 5ft and shoots her (1d20+5)[8] dam (1d8+2)[10]

3 more step out of the mist including the Captain

OOC:
    PLayers may post

Last edited by DrK; 2022-09-17 at 02:50 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Oghash's Status, Round...1? 2?
    Show
    (Large) Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager/Oracle, Level 3, Init 3, HP 30+9/34+9, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 14, Touch 6, Flat-footed 13, CMD 18, Fort 12, Ref 6, Will 9, CMB +11, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Reaver's Ax (+1 Greataxe, additional +1 vs Lawful) +10 (3d6+15, 20/x3)
    Chainmail +2, Heavy Steel Shield (+8 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size, -2 Bloodrage, -2 Charge)
    Abilities Str 25, Dex 10, Con 21, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (5/10 Rounds Used Today)
    Power Attack
    Ghoul Curse Benefit (cannibalized within 24 hours) (+1 Morale to all saves)
    Divine Favor
    Enlarge Person
    Charge

Unconcerned with the sentry near her, Oghash spies the Captain exiting the fog and promptly loses her mind as she allows herself to succumb to the rage fueled by her Abyssal blood. "FOOL! NOW IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO DIE!" she calls, unable to understand that the magical silence around him likely prevents him from hearing her battle shout. He does, however, see the ogre-sized half orc woman charge him with madness and murder in her expression and her axe raised above her head ready for a vicious strike...

Show
    Bloodrage and charge - Reaver's Ax: (1d20+12)[22] to hit, (1d20+12)[16] (20/x3), (3d6+15)[32] magic slashing damage, (6d6+30)[49] critical strike damage.

If anything incurs an AoO - Reaver's Ax: (1d20+10)[19] to hit, (1d20+10)[21] (20/x3), (3d6+15)[24] magic slashing damage, (6d6+30)[61] critical strike damage. Please note that her increased size provides her with reach!

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari charges up the hill, hot on Oghash's heels. He lashes out with his savagely-sharpened chain, heel, and fist with seemingly indiscriminate abandon. Concerned only with how best to cause as much pain as possible, as quickly as possible, he simply assaults the nearest guard, only moving on when he's out of the fight.

Spoiler: Stvari, round 1&2
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (MM)//Cleric, Level 3, Init 2, HP 25/25, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 22, Fort 6, Ref 6, Will 8, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Destructive Smite: 5/7
    Touch of Darkness 7/7

Round 1 was a charge that got overlooked, rolled in my previous post I'll copy here.
    (1d20+11)[20] trip attempt.

If successful, vicious stomp:
    (1d20+6)[13] unarmed strike AoO
    (1d20+6)[24] crit confirmation
    (1d6+7)[13] crit confirmation

Round 2 will depend on whether or not there's a non-prone enemy nearby. If so, we'll prioritize tripping him/them/whatever. If not, we'll attack whoever Stvari can reach.

(1d20+7)[23] trip attempt #1
    (1d20+7)[10] trip attempt #2 (this set is a flurry. If there's no legal trip target by the second attempt, we'll instead use dirty trick to blind)

If anyone gets tripped, Stvari will AOO with unarmed strike:
    (1d20+6)[12] attack
    (1d20+6)[15] crit confirmation (26, x2)
    (1d6+7)[9] crit bonus

If none of that applies, because everyone is prone I guess Stvari will just attack:
    (1d20+6)[13] spiked chain
    (1d20+6)[22] CC
    (2d4+7)[12] damage
    (2d4+7)[12] crit bonus

If anyone triggers another AoO off of Stvari's turn, it'll be a trip, followed by another punch if successful: (he gets 3 total with combat reflexes)
    (1d20+9)[15] non-flurry trip

(1d20+6)[20] unarmed attack of opportunity
    (1d20+6)[26] crit confirmation (26, x2)
    (1d6+7)[13] damage (using destructive smite)
    (1d6+7)[8] crit bonus

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi smiled as the men came out of the fog. With a mental nudge, the flaming sphere emerged as well, rolling towards the archer. Even as the sphere approached, the mage pulled forth a vial marked with the elven word for fire and launched it at the Captain, knowing the splash would hit the other men nearby, but not touch his companions.

Fire Dam - (3d6)[9] …DC 18 Ref save for zero damage

Round 2 - Direct the flaming sphere (move action) towards the archer, or one of the patrol if the archer is dead. Fire Dam - (3d6)[9] DC 18 Reflex save for zero damage

Draw and throw a bomb (standard) at Captain. Ranged touch attack - (1d20+6)[18], Fire Dam - (2d6+6)[14] with 8 splash damage to the others.

Effects/Conditions: mage armor (1 hr); euphoric cloud (1 rounds); flaming sphere (2 rounds); cognatogen (+4 Int, +2 AC, -2 Str; 30 min); enlarge person (3 minutes after imbibing); low-light vision

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

Bombs: 5/7 per day (fire), +6 / 2d6+6 / Splash 8 dam
    Last edited by Starbin; 2022-09-28 at 02:54 PM.

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

The hill top is rapidly reduce to a slaughter! The captain and 3 of his men stagger coughing out of the cloud as Oghash comes screaming into the fray near hewing the man's arm off. Seconds later a fire bomb erupts around him splashing fire onto one of the nearby guards as well who both scream. Even as the men lit up scream in pain Stavri stomps into the fray, his first lashing chain whipping the burning guard's legs out from under him and stomp to the face ending his life. A second guard also getting whipped to the ground and the follow up stomp and whip with the chain as the man tries rise ending his life

The remaining guard see's Stavri and pulls back an arrow lanuching one at the chain armed dwarf, another guard clutching his lance in both hands staggering out the mist spies Stavri and advances at him lunging with the lance with both hands from 10ft away

Bow (1d20+5)[20] dam (1d8+2)[5]
    Lance (well longspear) w/power attack (1d20+4)[24] dam (1d8+5)[13]

The captain screams in pain as his back and legs catch fire, skin blistering from the alchemical flames even as his arm and chest are laid open by the axe. face wild with horror he looks at Oghash and Stavri like demons from the abyss. Steeling himself as he hears the deaths of men behind he looks to Oghash, "So be it beast, I shall now kill you." before lunging forward with his sword slashing left and right at the raging giant Oghash as he swings with both hands

Attack w/power attack
    (1d20+7)[10] dam (1d8+11)[12]
    (1d20+2)[22] dam (1d8+11)[18]

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Threat with spear on Stavri
    (1d20+4)[9] extra dam (2d8+10)[25]

Threat on Oghash
    (1d20+2)[6] extra dam (1d8+11)[15]

18. - Top - End - #648

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Oghash's Status, Round 3
    Show
    (Large) Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager/Oracle, Level 3, Init 3, HP 12+9/34+9, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 16, Touch 8, Flat-footed 15, CMD 20, Fort 12, Ref 6, Will 9, CMB +11, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Reaver's Ax (+1 Greataxe, additional +1 vs Lawful) +10 (3d6+15, 20/x3)
    Chainmail +2, Heavy Steel Shield (+8 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size, -2 Bloodrage)
    Abilities Str 25, Dex 10, Con 21, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (6/10 Rounds Used Today)
    Power Attack
    Divine Favor
    Enlarge Person

"I LIKE THE WAY THAT IT HURTS! WON'T MISS YOU, THOUGH!" bellows Oghash as she grins maniacally at the Captain. Then she proceeds to try and tear him apart with ax and claw...

Show
    Maintain Bloodrage, activate Power Attack, and full attack - Reaver's Ax: (1d20+10)[21] to hit, (1d20+10)[20] (20/x3), (3d6+15)[24] magic slashing damage, (6d6+30)[57] critical strike damage.
    (One) Claw: (1d20+9)[19] to hit, (1d20+9)[23] (20/x2), (1d8+10)[12] slashing damage, (1d8+10)[11] critical strike damage

If anything incurs an AoO - (1d20+10)[25] to hit, (1d20+10)[14] (20/x3), (3d6+15)[19] magic slashing damage, (6d6+30)[46] critical strike damage. Please note that her increased size provides her with reach!

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari grunts as arrow and lance both draw blood. Almost immediately after, he smiles. "Zon Kuthon takes glory in your blood and mine!" he roars, as he savagely (and somewhat recklessly) pursues the lancer. "Time to die, fool!"

Without further warning, he lashes out with his chain, intent upon bringing them both to the ground.

Spoiler: Stvari, round 3
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (MM)//Cleric, Level 3, Init 2, HP 7/25, Speed 30
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Destructive Smite: 4/7
    Touch of Darkness 7/7

Priority on the lance-wielder. If Stvari can be in melee with both with a 5-foot step, he will.
    Maneuver flurry: (1d20+7)[8] to trip the lance wielder
    Second maneuver is a retry in case of failure, or a trip on the archer if successful with first and able, or a kick to sicken the prone lancer if neither of the others apply: (1d20+7)[13]

Assuming he got tripped eventually, AoO for falling prone (with vicious stomp):
    (1d20+6)[9] unarmed strike
    (1d20+6)[26] CC (26, x2) successful crit causes shaken
    (1d6+7)[11] damage (using destructive smite)
    (1d6+7)[11] crit bonus damage

If I got to trip both, vicious stomp on the other:
    (1d20+6)[26] unarmed strike
    (1d20+6)[17] CC (26, x2) successful crit causes shaken
    (1d6+7)[13] damage (using destructive smite) Let me know if I need to deduct another use
    (1d6+7)[8] crit bonus damage

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

The battle seemed well within hand, but Ahkmathi knew there were one or two more men unaccounted for - but whether they were ensorcelled within the mists, hunkered down, or trying to escape, he wasn't sure. For now, he would concentrate on those they could see. The flaming sphere continued to burn the archer, following the man as necessary, while he drew another bomb and launched it, attempting to catch as many soldiers with it as possible.

Round 3 - Ensure the flaming sphere continues to burn the archer (move action to follow, if the archer moved). Fire - (3d6)[7] …DC 18 Ref save for zero damage

Draw and throw a bomb (standard) to catch as many people as possible. Ranged touch attack - (1d20+6)[17], Damage - (2d6+6)[14] with 8 splash damage to the others (avoiding Oghash and Stvari

Effects/Conditions: mage armor (1 hr); euphoric cloud (last round); flaming sphere (1 round); cognatogen (+4 Int, +2 AC, -2 Str; 30 min); enlarge person (3 minutes after imbibing); low-light vision

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

Bombs: 4/7 per day (fire), +6 / 2d6+6 / Splash 8 dam

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Oghash and the Captain duel, one using their sword with grace and well trained skills, one hewing like a feral savage with the axe, and its the savagery that wins the day as Oghash buries the axe into the Captain's chest cleaving off his right arm, sword falling to the ground followed seconds later with a wet squelch as his body hits the ground. The two by Stavri manage to avoid the whirling chains and as they close upon the dwarf there is a sudden blast of fire as both are consumed by alchemical flames and die screaming!

From inside the cloud of smoke there is some panicked shouting as the last two men bellow and call out for assistance and their friends, but they do not yet emerge fom the smoke

22. - Top - End - #652

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Oghash's Status, Round 4
    Show
    (Large) Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager/Oracle, Level 3, Init 3, HP 22+9/34+9, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 16, Touch 8, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort 9, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Reaver's Ax (+1 Greataxe, additional +1 vs Lawful) +9 (3d6+9, 20/x3)
    Chainmail +2, Heavy Steel Shield (+8 Armor, -1 Dex, -1 Size)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 8, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (6/10 Rounds Used Today)
    Divine Favor
    Enlarge Person
    Fatigued round 1 of 4

Oghash seems to deflate slightly, seeing no living enemies and initially unwilling to enter the fog. "Let them come - Asmodeus has given us victory already. May he bless me to heal my wounds for a moment..." she says as she moves steadily towards the fog. It's clear she's coming down from the bloodrage and tired from it, but her wounds do begin healing as she goes...

Show
    End Bloodrage - Oghash will be fatigued for four rounds. She also won't Power Attack for the next several rounds unless things get really bad suddenly.

She will use a move action to approach to within 10 ft of the edge of the fog. My intent is for her to be able to use an AoO against anyone exiting, without being adjacent to the spell effect in the meantime.

AoO, if any are incurred: Reaver's Ax - (1d20+9)[19] to hit (BAB +3, STR +4, Divine Favor +1, +1 extra luck bonus from Fate's Favored Trait, +1 Enhancement bonus, -1 Size), (1d20+9)[25] (20/x3), (3d6+9)[21] magical slashing damage (large weapon, STR x1.5 for +6, +1 Enhancement Bonus, +1 Divine Favor, +1 extra luck bonus from Fate's Favored Trait), (6d6+18)[31] critical strike damage.

Cast Cure Light Wounds on herself, healing (1d8+3)[10] HPs.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari prowls forward, sparing enough time for a grateful nod to Ahkmathi. Snarling, blood on his teeth, he approaches like a wounded lion- unsure if he'll win the coming fight, but sure that death is less objectionable than surrender. "I'd take some of that, if you've got more," he groans, whirling his chains lazily as he comes alongside Oghash.

Spoiler: Stvari, round 4
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (MM)//Cleric, Level 3, Init 2, HP 7/25, Speed 30
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Destructive Smite: 4/7
    Touch of Darkness 7/7
    Weapon of awe: unarmed strikes +2 damage, crit causes shaken (>3 minutes)

Stvari will step in front/beside Oghash, content to use his blind fighting feat to capitalize on the fog, but hoping for healing first!

AoO if applicable: (1d20+9)[25] (to trip)

if successful, vicious stomp:
    (1d20+6)[14] unarmed
    (1d20+6)[18] crit? (26, x2)
    (1d6+6)[12] damage
    (1d6+6)[7] crit bonus

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

The members of the patrol who had left the fog were all dead, either hewn down or burned to the ground. Ahkmathi could hear two men inside panicking, and it brought a smile to his lips. gesturing to his companions, he indicated the fog was about to disappear right before it dissipated. As soon as the evening was clear again, the mage looked to the men and attacked with fire, directing the rolling sphere towards the closet of them, and throwing a bomb to catch one or both of them in the blast.

Round 4 - Euphoric cloud ends. Move the flaming sphere to the nearest of the remaining patrol (move action). Sphere damage - (3d6)[10] …DC 18 Ref save for zero damage

Draw and throw a bomb (standard) to catch as many people as possible. Ranged Touch - (1d20+6)[8], Damage - (2d6+6)[14] with 8 splash damage to any others (avoiding Oghash and Stvari

Effects/Conditions: mage armor (1 hr); flaming sphere (last round); cognatogen (+4 Int, +2 AC, -2 Str; 30 min); enlarge person (3 minutes after imbibing); low-light vision

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

As the fog begins to dissipate the savage bloodrager and the dwarf stand together both bloodied and battered. However as the mist starts to clear the last two guards are starting to flee, terror writ large on their faces as they spy the slaughter wrought upon their fellows.

Ahkmathi will have none of their cowardice however, a well thrown bomb sending gobbets of flesh scattering across the grass, the other man wounded before the flaming sphere changes his screams to a sizzle! Smoke from his burning body rising like a thin pyre from the hilltop

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

As the sounds of screaming died out and they were left with the sizzling of Mithran flesh, Ahkmathi slowly made his way through the camp, searching for signs of anyone who might have escaped their attention. Only after he was convinced they had caught all of the patrol did he began to sweep the place for magic and assess the best way to hide or dispose of the bodies. Knowing they had a few days before anyone traveled out here to check on the missing patrol, the mage was satisfied for the moment with the group's recent successes. A couple of wizards were dead, as well as slaying two of the Captains and compromising a third. If all went well tomorrow, the alchemist and priest would join their fellows, and the Keep would truly be on the way to its downfall.

"Well done. We have certainly done the Dark Lord's work this night, and I am pleased we will have fewer of these cursed true believers to deal with at the keep. You should heal yourselves, feast as you desire, and then we will clean up a bit. Depending on the timing, we may even return here to deal with whatever patrol is sent to check on these fools.

Now if you'll excuse me, let me see what I can find for our future use ..."

OOC - Whew, that actually didn't turn out as bad as I feared. Searching around for loot, using detect magic to check for magic items. Oghash will be large for a couple of minutes more ...

Effects/Conditions: mage armor (1 hr); cognatogen (+4 Int, +2 AC, -2 Str; 30 min); enlarge person (3 minutes after imbibing); low-light vision

Show
    Show

Show
    (4/day)

27. - Top - End - #657

NecromancerGuy

Oghash watches Ahkmathi work with obvious admiration, though she gives the elf a wide berth. As the two remaining men die she nods decisively and gathers the three villains together in a close triangle. Shrinking back into her natural form and voice, she prays, "Asmodeus - and his unholy ally...Zon Kuthon? - we thank you for war blessings tonight. May our wounds heal so that we spread your glory and someday bring your Church...es?...before the weak men of this land where you may reign forever!"

Show
    Oghash is casting Cure Light Wounds as many times as is necessary during this prayer. She has three castings available and will start with two directed at Stvari for (1d8+3)[8] and (1d8+3)[4] HPs. The last spell will go to her if Stvari looks to be above 1/2 his HPs - (1d8+3)[10]. Edit - yeah, the third spell is going to Oghash.

Once done with her praise, Oghash begins to collect bodies and discarded gear, steadily arranging everything for her companions to inspect. She helps herself to several gruesome snacks,
    going back and forth between charred and raw man-flesh, but doesn't allow herself to become too distracted. Once all the bodies are collected she begins collapsing tents and preparing to either destroy the gear they don't want or bury it nearby for the party to collect later. Then she begins roaming about, looking for signs of wild animals that might help dispose of the bodies by scavenging.

Show
    Survival checks at +4, taking either 10 or 20 as allowed to accomplish the above. If rolls are needed: (1d20+4)[19] and (1d20+4)[11].

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari makes no effort to hide his relief as the final guards fall. "Good shot, Elf," he grunts, in joking reluctance. "I'm enjoying all these dead Matrons we keep stumbling upon," he adds with a sardonic chuckle.

Without too much resistance, the squat Dwarf allows Oghash to corral him into an awkward embrace. "We live to fight again, where our enemies fall, their blood spilled on the uncaring earth. Alas, their suffering is at its end, yet more stand ready to take their place." He accepts Oghash's ministrations wordlessly, perhaps strangely sorrowful at the amelioration of his pain.

Their most immediate task accomplished, Stvari begins collecting the inexpensive mundane in a pile, and laying it atop as many dry pieces of firewood he can find. "Let's leave no evidence but that we must," he grumbles, as he arranges the pyre.

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

With the patrol dead and dismembered (and in some cases being eaten!) its easy for Oghash, Stavri and Ahkmathi to scour the hilltop for any supplies. The horse line yields 6 light war horses with riding stuff and one superior looking beast standing three hands taller than the rest garbed with fine leather barding and with the pedigree from the fields near the capital, an expenisve stallion indeed to have come to the captain.

Spoiler: Stallion
    Show

THe saddle has a worked silver thread name on it of "Bartheron" - a name that Ahkmathi and Stavri recognise as the as name of of Mitran Saint famed for his strength and loyalty. Good name for a stead.

Treat it as a light warhorse with +2 HD (with all the benefits that brings) and +4 Str/Con and +2 Dex

Searching the tents its mostly basic foods and equipments and the chain shirts, swords, lances and bows are all well made, stamped with the mark of the Mitran miltary but not exceptional. A quick looting of the belt pouches of the 6 dead guards yields some 88gp in loose silver and gold change and about 3 sets of dice and cards. The dead captain, between his tent and his person has a finely wrought breastplate with the House Varning heraldry of a red unicorn rampant, the lance is chased with gold and his sword has a gem the size of a man's eye in the hilt. Also of note is the orders from Lord Commander Daevlyn detailing his concerns about the river shore and the sightings of a mysterious boat, and the recent quietness of the North above the wall.

Spoiler: Loot
    Show

Magical mithril +1 lance
    MW Longsword
    Breastplate +1
    210gp. signet ring with gems (120gp)
    Potions [CMW x2, Bulls strength, protection from Evil]

In short order with timber from the woods, more wood from the supplies from the men and their tents etc.. a pyre is built to easily burn the bodies. The flames not that disimilar to the smoke that was already rising from the men's own fires where they had been cooking, and for Oghash there is a couple flagons of red wine to help wash down the captain and his men.

30. - Top - End - #660

NecromancerGuy

Before collecting the gear Oghash makes her way over to the tethered horses. Hearkening back to her experiences as a young half-orc in a violent orcish clan, the woman carefully approaches the animals and looks them over carefully. "Hey, look at this!" she calls as she finds Bartheron. "This is a really good horse, worthy of a great chief. I'm not a good rider, but if I had a horse like this..." she trails off thoughtfully. With a steady hand and gentleness she hasn't shown previously she pats the tall steed, inspecting it thoroughly. "The others aren't much, but we can't waste this one. One of us needs to master it - to do any less would be to reject a great boon."

Back at the camp Oghash strips the corpse of the late-Captain carefully. Holding up his breastplate the half-orc monster looks down at her chainmail and shrugs. "Not as good I don't think...and neither of them wear armor..." She puts it in a pile with the coins and signet ring, to be used in some other way.

Looking back to the horses she sets aside the lance - obviously enchanted - and the fine longsword. Then she scrunches up her expression in thought. "Maybe use it to trap the last Captain...?" she mutters as she puts it beside the lance. The potions receive suspicious looks as she smells them. Unable to tell anything from the aromas she re-stops each and carefully places them with the rest. "What are these?" she asks her companions unconfidently.

After all is done, Oghash sits to enjoy a late dinner, eating until her unholy belly is full. "So, are we heading back tonight? We should probably get back to the inn, right? How about the shop and our little friend? Hah!"