New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

Gripping his sword tightly, and bringing it to bear against the hopefully oblivious soldier, Sarris puts as much muscle as he can behind his swing, hopefully with better results than his initial assault.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Power Attack vs the soldier that the ogre did not attack, hopefully unaware of Sarris' location for an element of surprise (and possibly lower AC).

Attack roll (1d20+6)[24]
    Crit? (19-20) (1d20+6)[8]
    Damage (1d10+9)[14] slashing
    If crit add (1d10+9)[18] slashing damage

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

As the first guard is crushed by the huge ogre and the second is effortlessly cut down by Sarris and his razor sharp sword play the last guard throws his bow to the floor, a great cry "By Mitra, I surrender, please don't kill me. Take you want, I won't tell the inquisitor which you went. Please spare me...."

His tone grows more high pitched at the end as watches Grumblejack reach down, tear off a piece of the downed guard and pop it in his mouth, bones crunching in a horrific manner. THe guard wails with terror, as he looks at the blood stained Sarris and Grumblejack. The ogre, chewing slowly looks to Sarris, "Grumble eat noisy blue man squawk like swamp turkey?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 4, Oghash's Status
    Show
    Oghash ("Fiendclaw" in Orcish)
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP -7/24, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 13, Touch 9, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Greataxe +7 (1d12+12, 20/x3)
    Chainmail, (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 Charge)
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Dying

"..."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Oghash is unconscious. If she were conscious, she would not show mercy to the cowardly soldier - he'd be next on the menu.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

With the fight won, Ahkmathi raises a hand to Grumblejack and the others. ”Hold one. I think we can spare this pitiful excuse for a soldier. He may serve us well as a source of information. Subdue him and perhaps he will earn his life later. Now, why don’t we ‘tidy up’ a bit and collect any resources we find. Oh, and for those with a mind to indulge their baser appetites, I believe I heard females within earlier. ”

OOC - Ahkmathi is not recommending mercy, but to keep this man alive for the purposes of interrogation, torture, and eventually death. But for now, knock him up and take him with us. Then loot the building. We could probably set fire to it and make it look like a drunken fire, if someone were so inclined to set that scene.

PS - any healing spells in the group to rouse Oghash?

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

"Get his weapons and restrain him. We got any rope?" Salem asked without looking up from Oghash, as he continued to tend to his wounded comrade.

Spoiler
    Show

Cure Light Wounds on Oghash: (1d8+2)[8]

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

The man sobs with (possibly misplaced) relief as a bedsheet is shredded and with some tack and harness from the horses is used to bind and restrain him. Searching around the small hut you find some plentiful and hearty rations with several loaves of bread, a large ham and fine looking mustard. Also present (although probably not supposed to be there) is a stout corked jug of strong looking brandy and bag marked with Mirtra's sunburst that has 3 potions of minty blue cure light wounds, a potion of remove disease and a vial of holy water.

7. - Top - End - #97

NecromancerGuy

Oghash unconsciously groans, her breathing steady but shallow. The healing potions found would surely help get her back on her feet...

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Salem finished healing Oghash back to consciousness and turned his attention towards their captive. "Right then, when's the next patrol due?"

Spoiler
    Show

One more Cure Light Wounds (might as well save the potions since anyone can 'cast' them, unless someone intervenes by administering a potion before Salem can cast the next spell)
    (1d8+2)[8]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

As Salem walks in and asks a question, the young prisoner looks at him and shakes his head. "Not for a few days. We woz told to patrol the swamp, they expect us back at the prison in three days to report." He points to a horse outside. "The Patrol leader, Heinreich, he had a signal rocket in his eblt. The Inquisitor gave it him. Said we could use it if we spotted the prisoners." Looking at the dead man man on the floor, an arm know torn off and being casually gnawed upon by the ogre hunched over the chair he shudders. "No-one will miss us for a few days. Take the rocket, it'll be days before I could warn anyone if you let me go."

10. - Top - End - #100

NecromancerGuy

Oghash comes back to consciousness with a start, sees Salem standing over her and growls quietly. "Is the Mitran who stabbed me dead?" she asks as she sits up and looks around. Seeing the corpse of the man nearby she walks over and deliberately hacks at the body with her ax in broad, overhead swings. She's not deliberately quiet, but she's not screaming in rage either. When there is little to identify the mass of flesh as ever having been a man she stops, wiping her bloody face with one arm and scowling at the mess.

"I will be right back - need to wash this blood off..." she mutters as she trudges down to the river and begins washing off the gore patiently.

Once clean enough to not offend her allies she walks to the guardhouse to look in on the situation there. Seeing Grumblejack eating she looks around and sees his grissly meal. "Mind if I join you?" she asks the ogre, more politely than one might expect, before sitting down next to him and lopping off the leg of the dead guard. "I like them cooked, but I'm hungry enough to eat him raw today..."

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris chimes in, "I thought I heard women carousing with the guards earlier. Is there anybody else here?"

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

When Sarris spoke up, Salem quickly nocked an arrow to his bow and checked outside for anyone who might have been hiding, and could now be fleeing.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Sarris and Salem kick over the small cots and underneath oe of them there is a sudden pair of screams, as hiding under the cot, wrapped in a pair of blue cloaks a couple of clearly local harlots freeze in terror staring in horror at the Ogre and Oghash devouring the guard. Both pale, one fainting, the other screaming "PLease don't me eat me my lord. We ain't doing nothing wrong. We just come to visit the lads..."

14. - Top - End - #104

NecromancerGuy

"We can take them with us - if they work hard we don't eat them. If not, they're fresh," says Oghash without looking at the frightened women. "If they keep quiet..."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+6)[15]

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Both the man and woman scream in terror at the cannibal and the ogre. Words bubbling out of their mouths as they promise not to cause trouble and the like. Eventually both are quiet and stop blubbering giving you all some peace.

OOC
    Do you rest here for the evening?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi let the others interrogate the guard, instead focusing on searching the bodies for notes or warrants or other items of interest. When Sarris asked about others, he rolled his eyes, muttering inaudibly, ”Didn't I mention the women earlier ...?” He winced slightly when the women were found and predictably started screaming. Shaking his head, he searched the one called Heinreich, looking for the signal rocket. After a moment, he turned to the last soldier. "I would like to know more about this inquisitor. Who was he? What was his name? Describe him in detail. Or join your friends as the evening stew. Your choice."

After the group was done asking the prisoners any questions, and they were tied up, blindfolded, gagged and place out of earshot, he spoke with the others. "I suggest we stay the night, clean up, gather whatever gear we like, then head out in the early hours tomorrow. We can arrive at our benefactor's residence less like ragamuffins and more like forces to be reckoned with. Bring the prisoners if you like, but it seems we have some time before we need to depart.

Of course, it might warrant some additional effort to ensure that man was not lying. It would be a shame to awaken to the Inquisitor and his patrol in the morning."

OOC - I think we are good to go ... Ahkmathi will take the signal rocket and the remove disease potion. Recommend the melee folks split the other cure light wounds ... and someone take the holy water.
    PS - any healing spells in the group to rouse Oghash?

Show
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9

17. - Top - End - #107

NecromancerGuy

"With the other Mitran soldiers so nearby that seems dangerous. I think we need to either kill them or disappear back into the swamp," growls Oghash with a glance in the direction of the other camp of Mitrans that the party skipped to get to the bridge (here). "If they send relief to the bridge watch we could be in trouble...and the Inquisitor would be even worse..."

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

"Question 'em for what they're worth, then kill 'em all. No reason to do anything else." Salem pointed out coldly, out of earshot of the prisoners. "In fact, we ought to do that, loot what we can, and leave as soon as possible, then bed down somewhere hidden for the night. Creature comforts can wait."

19. - Top - End - #109

NecromancerGuy

"Wouldn't our...what do you call it when someone helps you? Wouldn't they like some slaves? That seems like something I would like if I was powerful..." says Oghash with a frown as she tries to think of the word 'benefactor' and fails. She glares at the helpless captives and continues. "We can use them as shields if attacked, too. Better they take a hit than us."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"We could always use a few pack-mules to carry some supplies, as these guards seemed to be partying it up. I would caution against any "recreational" interaction with the women, though, as it is an unnecessary risk, and I suggest one of us keep watch over them at all times, possibly binding them together somehow, so they are in one place at all times. As for the guard, well I don't see much of a safe way to take him along unless we cut out his tongue and remove his hands, but then what use would he be? I'm sure one of you can think of something to do with him, but that is my two coppers."

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

21. - Top - End - #111

NecromancerGuy

Ohgash shrugs as she listens to Sarris' concerns. "Either way, what are we doing about that camp? I don't like leaving them nearby and alive," she says, sullenly.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

The night passes easily enough and in the morning the terrified and thoroughly cowed prisoners are only too happy to be laden with the supplies and help pull the horses (as an alternative to being eaten!) and you are able to continue in the morning. The terrified guard quickly confides that the renowned inquisitor and Witch Hunter "Van Harsling" was in the local town and was fast to react to the sending from the Master of the Prison's familiar. He had gathered up some of the local milita and head to the swamp to and roads sending a wide net of men out to catch the lot of you whilst he and the bulk of the men pressed on to the prison to see what had transpired.

Its a long two hours of walking before you all see a tiled roof in the distance and realise that that the map given to the group upon the strange magical veil that had enabled your escape by the mysterious Tiadora lies ahead of you!

The place shows little sign of habitation. Old but well-appointed, the house is large, imposing and alone on its roadside hill. Painted a dark green and surrounded by barbed wrought iron fencing, nothing about this place seems inviting or a sanctuary. Still, it is your destination. Where will you go, if not here? Alone and hunted, you would not survive long, much less escape this isle. You have an appointment to keep. Best not to keep your nameless benefactor waiting...

23. - Top - End - #113

NecromancerGuy

Oghash spends the night restlessly, tossing and turning as she sleeps and nervously prowling the area around the guard shack during her watch. In the morning she is outright abusive to the new slaves, striking them for imagined slights or not moving fast enough, threatening them with worse, and generally being truly vile in her treatment of them. Only once they are thoroughly terrorized and cowed into frantic-obedience the half-orc seems to let up a little bit. "If you want to keep your tongue and all your toes and fingers, you'd better keep working hard and keep quiet!" she spits as they are tied together to get the little company underway. "I'll kill each of you before I kill anyone who attacks us - the only way you live to see tomorrow is by silence. No rescue will come for you!"

From her position at the back of the line the monstrous cannibal obscures their tracks and isn't watching as they approach the old manor house. Once everyone has stopped to look at it she bares her teeth in a feral grin. "Welcome home, you worms. Let's go see the master and put you all to work properly - I'm sure there's work to be done..." she growls as she strikes the last of the captives in line to get them moving forward. Whether she is unaware of her own danger or simply doesn't care, Oghash seems to not be thinking about it, instead intent on getting everyone inside the house and away from the eyes of anyone that might see them.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

"You heard her, move it!" Salem hissed. He tried to hide his excitement at finally reaching their destination—he didn't yet know, after all, whether the house was still occupied, let alone if its occupants were friendly. He kept his bow at the ready even as he approached the door, in case of ambush by (for example) the infamous Van Harsling.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi ignored the newly captured slaves, letting the others abuse them as necessary. He showed no more concern for their welfare than he would a pile of used furniture. Instead, he studied the apellbook he had taken, and focused his n his spells. In the morning, he arose and ate a few bites of the retrieved food before he readied himself for travel.

When they arrived at the house, Ahkmathi straightened his robes and stepped forward. [i]”Best we present ourselves quickly, least our benefactor presume we failed or gave up. Grumblejack, if you would be so good as to knock on the door ...”

OOC - Local - (1d20+10)[28] or History - (1d20+10)[14] for any info on the Inquisitor.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"Hopefully our benefactors have a nice warm bed and some decent food. I could use some rest to heal and recover. Who knows, maybe we can get some form of payment for these slaves here too. It'd be nice to upgrade our gear a bit and plan a reprisal against our pursuers, something to put them down and allow us to take the offensive."

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Swinging the iron gate open, you approach up a cobbled path through an overgrown garden, towards the manor's door. As you approach the porch steps, the door swings open, revealing the green-eyed woman, Tiadora. No longer attired in dark funeral wear, she wears a diaphanous white gown that makes her look almost angelic - an illusion quickly dispelled when she spoke.

She looks at Sarris, a cruel grin on her face. "Dearest Brother, you took long enough," she says, pitilessly. "We were beginning to wonder if you'd ever make it. Oh, and you brought friends. The master commands all of you to appear before him but before that, you must be made presentable. Slaves!" She claps her hands. As you step inside, a dozen young attractive men and women all wearing very traditional servant's livery appear quickly, their heads bowed.

Tiadora looked disapprovingly past you all, to the Ogre lurking behind the rest of you, "You seemed to have gained a pet too, dearest," she says, snidely.

"Grumblejack not pet. Grumblejack fearsome monster! Grumblejack comrade-in-arms!"

"A monster? Hah! Get in my way, little ogre, and I'll show you what a real monster looks like. Now, my slaves will show you to your rooms. And maybe we'll even find a place to cage up your pet ogre." Tiadora stepped aside, turning to her servants and allowing you entry into the entrance hall of the manor, dominated by a grand staircase.

"These people are our guests," she commands imperiously. "See them to their rooms. I want them cleaned, dressed and refreshed. Quickly." Something about the last word makes it sound like a threat. Certainly, the slaves take it like one, hustling to perform their duties, silently leading you all to a set of joined rooms at the rear of the manor's second floor - comfortably appointed, each room has a small pile of perfectly sized and tailored clothing suitable for its occupant, a hot bath and a platter of piping hot, delicious food and a jug of fresh, clear water.

OOC

Feel free to engage Tiadora in conversation or make S.motive checks to sense the oddity of the slaves

28. - Top - End - #118

NecromancerGuy

Oghash waits until Tiadora finishes giving her orders before speaking. "We bring gifts for the master - more slaves. They aren't broken yet, but they are fresh," she says, her stance confident as her eyes remain downcast. "Grumblejack did help during the escape and trip. He wants to be more powerful...I think the word is 'ambitious.' He can learn." The last bit is said as a gentle challenge but with deference to the woman who so obviously has power in this situation.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Oghash is trying to do several things here, though probably not really well.

1. Establish that the party is not coming entirely as beggars - they have some strength, as demonstrated by the new slaves to be delivered.
    2. Show respect to Tiadora.
    3. Show strength, not weakness, to Tiadora.
    4. Touch upon how Grumblejack especially, but the party as well, are showing ambition, one of the key facets to faith in Asmodeus. She hopes that will help to smooth their (including Grumblejack) entrance into the Master's organization.

If Tiadora takes any of this poorly Oghash won't back down, but also won't start a fight with her. I'm not sure what social check makes sense in this case, but I think they all have the same modifier (untrained): (1d20)[17]. (Please add the appropriate bonus, taken from my character sheet. I am posting at work and don't have access to Oghash's stats right now.)

When ushered into the lavish room with luxuries beyond any Oghash has experienced she suddenly looks uncomfortable and (maybe) self-conscious. It takes gentle but firm guidance from the slaves to help her get presentable for the Master, during which time she acts much like a wild animal that has never bathed or had nice things before. In the end she knows better than to damage anything owned by the Master - including the slaves - but is definitely not quiet or cooperative in the process.

She does enjoy the good food and water, especially after their trek through the swamp. "What is this meat?" she asks the slaves attending her, intent upon their answer as she continues to eat ever last bite of the meal.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Upon meeting Tiadora, Ahkmathi inclined his head in acknowledgement, keeping his hands folded within his robes. He felt something rang false about the woman, but could not yet penetrate the illusion. The confident way she mocked the ogre, as well as the abject lack of concern or fear regarding the newcomers, spoke of a hidden power within. He nodded in slight agreement to Oghash’s comments, but his own response was more pointed. ”The message relayed to us said your master sought individuals possessed of power and evil conniving. I assure you, our assembled group have both those qualities and more in abundance. If you feel your master’s hospitality is insufficient to provide our companion with a suitable living space, perhaps we can all avoid any embarrassment by sharing our collective quarters a with him.”

It was a gamble, but Ahkmathi was in no mood for games this early. Of course, the wizard was certai. That this was as much a test as was their escape and journey. He would consider everything from the moment they escaped their cells as part of an ongoing interview and continued testing. It would require razor focus and attention to detail, but what else could you expect from this hidden canal on an island full of dedicated faithful of that simpering fool of a god, Mitra?

When the slaves arrived, Ahkmathi gazed at them all, wondering what secrets they held ... and whether it was fear, love, or sorcery that commanded their obedience.

OOC - I don’t want to roll ... but if I have to Dip - (1d20)[18].
    Sense Motive - (1d20+1)[11] or Perception - (1d20+3)[11] vs slaves
    Arcana - (1d20+12)[20] or Spellcraft - (1d20+9)[16] to pierce any magical secrets nearby

Show
    Last edited by Starbin; 2021-01-08 at 01:38 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris eyes their hostess skeptically, keeping his hand near his sword. "Such a warm welcome, all for us? I'm flattered. Why all this fanfare? It seems like a lot to invest in a rabble like us. Don't get me wrong, we're good, very good, but how is your master familiar with us? He is certainly showing a lot of faith in something he has yet to test out himself."

Spoiler: Skill Checks
    Show
    Diplomacy to coax something a bit more straightforward and open from Tiadora (1d20+7)[9]
    Sense Motive on Tiadora (1d20+5)[19]
    Sense Motive on slaves (1d20+5)[12]

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim