New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

As the mist envelops Stvari and his blood is drawn out misting in the air he brutally kicks the orb over, the blow sending tit flying across the room shattering on the brick wall. Sudden lamp light floods into the room and you can see the coppery red mist filling the air around the dwarf absorbing the iron rich blood! It hisses, a low savage sound and whirls to face you all, its "head" grimacing in the light.

OOC

The orb smashed, all the lights are now working
    THe mist is between you ad Stvari so ~10ft from the door

Last edited by DrK; 2021-02-15 at 09:02 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Oghash, Round ?
    Show
    Oghash ("Fiendclaw" in Orcish)
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 24+6/18+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 18, Touch 11, Flat-footed 17, CMD 19, Fort 5, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +6, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Masterwork Greataxe +6 (1d12+6, 20/x3)
    Chainmail +1, Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition None

"That is nasty! Do we need magic to kill it?" Oghash asks Ahkmathi as she holds back to stay beside the elf. "I will stay beside you, try to distract it..."

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Oghash will move with Ahkmathi , trying to stay adjacent or between the mist and the spellcaster. I doubt an attack will matter here, and Oghash has no splash damage options, but if an attack matters: MW Greataxe to hit (1d20+6)[23], (1d20+6)[24] (20/x3), (1d12+6)[16] slashing damage, (2d12+12)[23] critical strike damage

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    "That is nasty! Do we need magic to kill it?"
    Stvari, on the other side of the thing, doesn't pick up on body language suggesting Oghash's question is more direct. "Seems -kkritikat- likely!"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

Ahkmathi cleared his throat slightly, tapping his chin thoughtfully. ”Technically, I do not believe Spellcasting is the only option, although I would not be surprised if magic would be the most efficient mechanism to deal with the threat. However, given the ‘lesson’ associated with this room, it seems that mundane fire will work as well as the magical variety. Perhaps if we had reviewed the tenets from which these lessons are born, I might have been able to prepare the appropriate spells.

Instead, we shall rely upon the alchemical world. ”

Pulling forth one of the lanterns with a mage hand, he brought it to Oghash. ”While we could throw this wildly at the most and hope it is sufficient, an alternative approach would be to anoint a weapon and set it alight.”

After a moment of consideration, if Oghash looked uncertain, he repeated, Light your blade with the oil from the lantern. Then slash the most.”

OOC - Trying to think outside the box, since I don’t think any of us bought alchemical fire, nor memorized fire spells. Would creating a ‘flame’ weapon work temporarily? Any skill check required? Or is our best plan to hick the lantern and hope?

KS - (1d29)[29] to id this thing ... +12 if magical or planar; +10 if undead, aberration or (un)natural...

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

"I don't bring torches because I can call our Infernal Lord's light. And I'm sure it won't work in there—we're meant to figure this out with what we're given." Salem replied to the dwarf with some irritation. Nevertheless, he whispered a quick invocation and his sword lit up with a white light somehow far harsher to the eye than its modest illumination suggested.

Spoiler
    Show

Salem casts the Light cantrip on his sword.

At the Elf's sly jabbing, he began to lose his temper. "And perhaps a towering intellect like you ought to have known 'infernal' means 'fire'," Salem spat. "****'s sakes. Like we would have guessed it would be so literal," he trailed off muttering as he prepared to brave the darkness.

Spoiler
    Show

Salem will likely go in to heal the Dwarf while Oghash tangles with the mist creature.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

As Oghash runs in, the creature feels like hitting water, but the axe tears a great gash into it spilling blood and strange viscera on the floor. Despite its mist like appearanc it can still be hurt with weapons! It whirls around seeking to envelop the half orc and absorb her blood to repleneish itself!

Spoiler: Mist
    Show

Attack Oghash
    (1d20+7)[24] vs touch dam (1d3)[1] CON and bleed 1d6 on your round

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

The Dwarf blinks, equally taken aback by the fact that Oghash hurt mist with an axe and the fact that he's not immediately forced to defend himself further. That's about all the pause he grants the questionably ephemeral enemy, before lashing out with a furious two-handed slice.

Spoiler: Stvari, round 2
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (Maneuver Master), Level 2, Init 2, HP 12/18 11/17, Speed 20
    AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 21 ****, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Unarmed Strike +5 (1d6+4, x2)
    Temple sword +5 (1d8+4, 19-20, x2) (trip friendly)
    Flurry of Trip/dirty trick +6/+6 (-, )
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 14 12, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 6
    Condition Hardy, Stability, Dimdweller, Shadowhunter, Evasion
    Ki pool: 1/1
    Stunning fist: 2/2

I think moving is involved.
    two-hands on the temple sword:
    (1d20+5)[21] (doesn't count flaking since you said it doesn't apply. Not rolling crit damage for the same reason)
    (1d6+6)[11] damage?

8. - Top - End - #218

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Oghash, Round 2
    Show
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 23+6/24+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 15, Touch 9, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    MW Greataxe +7 (1d12+12, 20/x3)
    Chainmail, Heavy Steel Shield (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Rage)
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 12, Con 20/21, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bleeding 1
    Bloodrage (1/8 Rounds Used Today)
    Power Attack

"GRRRAAAAHHHHHHH!" screams Oghash as she flies into a furious rage, slashing at the vampiric mist as she bleeds from its attack.

Show
    (1d6)[1] Bleed Damage

Bloodrage, Power Attack, MW Greataxe (1d20+7)[17] to hit, (1d20+7)[18] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[20] slashing damage, (2d12+24)[37] critical strike damage

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Sorry, asleep at the wheel

"Finally, something I can hit." Sarris brings his sword to bear, a maniacal grin on his face. He charges the mist, swing his blade in a scything arc.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Charging power attack at the red mist.
    Attack roll (1d20+9)[16]
    Crit? (19-20/x2) (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage (1d10+9)[19] slashing
    If crit, add (1d10+9)[13] slashing damage[/roll]

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

With a strangled scream of rage, axe, sword and fist tear into the mist and with a faint tearing sound, unable to hold its form together the mist dissipates leaving a bloody smear on the strange pock marked ground. The room, now with lighting in it is more or less bare, the shattered dragon glass orb fragments still wreathed in lingering shadows. The heavy bars on the two doors are obvious now in the light

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi watched with an exasperated look as Oghash rushed in without the oil and flame. Letting his mage hand carry the lantern, he followed the others into the room once the mist was gone.
    ”It would seem that infernal anger works as well as a flame. I recommend we search the room for additional tricks, or aid, before we attend to the next door.”

OOC - The low level mage is sooooooo useful ...
    Show
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari breathes heavily, still bleeding significantly. He immediately begins applying pressure, even while complaining loudly.. "Anyone able to heal? I really don't want to bleed to death on the floor of this cave..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Forgot to roll damage last turn: (1d6)[3] Presumably there will be at least one round more before healing can happen.

In case it comes down to himself: (1d20+5)[18] ((1d6)[4]), (1d20+5)[7] ((1d6)[3]), (1d20+5)[25] ((1d6)[2])

Keep trying until dead or succeed at DC 15

Edit: handy first roll Stvari is at 8/17 HP

13. - Top - End - #223

NecromancerGuy

Oghash appears to deflate as her rage ends, breathing heavily and visibly slumping. With a lethargic nod to Salem she mutters, "He can heal - I need some too, Salem. What have you got for us?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

"We get only so much. Make it last."

Spoiler
    Show

One Cure Light Wounds for each:
    Stvari: (1d8+2)[8]
    Oghash: (1d8+2)[7]

One spell left, and he can also use Fervor for 1d6 a pop.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Wounds are healed and bleeding stopped, but the orc and the dwarf look a little paler than they had done previously. Their blood splattered on the floors. Listening to both doors reveals nothing! Neither doors are marked, but opening them both a crack reveals the north door leads some 15ft to another door, and, unsurprisingly another inscription "“Cruelty is a tool not a pastime. Be ruthless to thy enemy but reward those who serve thee well.”" THe eastern door vanishes into a 60ft long corridor that heads north before turning right (east) though what lies beyond is anyone's guess

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

"Well, we should keep going, assuming you two can still pick yourselves up. It seems it took quite a bit out of you."

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

"Hideous magical creatures will do that," Stvari mutters. He starts at the northern door, and frowns when he sticks his thick, bulbous head through the eastern portal. "Well that's suitably unclear. This other way has more instructions, but I'm not sure I want to make any assumptions about whether or not that's a good thing...." He looks between the two options for another heartbeat or two, before cursing aloud. "Well awrina u infern! Fine. This way."

Without waiting to make sure the others are following, he prowls into the dark past the eastern door.

Show
    If opposition is voiced, Stvari will hold off. Otherwise:
    (1d20+11)[20] perception (limited to 60' dark vision)
    (1d20+9)[16] stealth

18. - Top - End - #228

NecromancerGuy

Oghash shakes her head as if to clear it and growls sullenly, not speaking but glaring at the back of the dwarf's head as he goes into the eastern door. She gestures with her head, indicating an unspoken question - "do we follow him?"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

"Unless the hallway has a trap with a hidden bypass, but we already had one of those. Keep an eye out regardless."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

With the tough dwarf leading the way the party creep up the 60ftblong tunnel that at the end turns sharp right to face another door. This time the message cheers up Oghash, The chosen are revealed by their might. The weak deserve no sympathy".

As Stvari pauses to listen he can sounds from beyond that sound like claws scraping on stone and a deep heavy breathing.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari steps back down the hallway a few paces to reconvene with a little more space. His first comment is directed at Oghash, with a smirk. "Think it's time to prove your worth with that axe of yours, monster. Between the inscription and the sounds from beyond, we might be in for a fight. If it's the same to you, I'll be right behind ya."

He turns to the rest of the group, and raises his voice only slightly. "Brace yerselves for a fight. Might even be a good one."

Show
    I'd like to do something like have Stvari open the door for Oghash's charge during an (assumed) surprise round. Regardless, he'll head into the room and try to trip whatever it is for the slaughtering.

22. - Top - End - #232

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 1, Oghash's Status
    Show
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 24+6/24+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 13, Touch 7, Flat-footed 12, CMD 15, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Bloodrage, Power Attack Greataxe +7 (1d12+12, 20/x3)
    Chainmail, (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 Charge)
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (2/8 Rounds Used Today)
    Power Attack
    Charge

Oghash's grin is not friendly - more like that of a predator that likes playing with their food. With a crack of her neck as she stretches it to the left and right she readies herself to burst through the door and lay upon the expected enemies on the other side...

Show
    Upon Stvari (or someone else) opening the door, Oghash will activate bloodrage and charge the nearest enemy.

Charging with MW Greataxe, during Bloodrage: (1d20+9)[27] to hit, (1d20+9)[21] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[21] slashing damage, (2d12+24)[37] critical strike damage

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris raises his blade, ready to fight.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

The dwarf yanks on the door and it swings wide, a fusty animal stink pouring forth. The room beyond is another bare stone room some 40ft square, lit by a flickering lantern in each corner. Filth covered straw lines the floor and a mangled body dressed in the grey silks of a house servant lies near the door partially eaten. On the far side of the room lies a mass of fur and teeth.

The dire wolverine growls in rage, and snarls loudly as Oghash rushes in, her axe striking down in a welter of blood! The wolverine howls in rage, flying into a frenzy..

OOC

Svarti and Oghash have gone. All others get a suprise "action"

Then.... Round 1

Sarris, Salem,
    Wolverine
    rest of the party

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi quietly followed the others. They seemed less than interested to n his inputs for right now, the rager aside. Instead, he tried to consider the lessons and anticipate how they might present themselves. While he would have preferred to go the other way, nothing said this was a linear challenge - and the instructions at the next door proved that out.

He nodded to himself at the idea there would be a fight. But as he thought to provide Oghash with an enhancement, the dwarf flung open the door and she rushed in. Blinking, he shook his head wondering if it were for the best. He had limited resources, so better to wait a few moments before expending them without consideration or need.

OOC - The low level mage is sooooooo useful ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

After all they'd seen, Salem was downright surprised to see that their next obstacle was neither a blood-spirit nor a deadly trap, but just a furry critter-albeit a large and angry one.

"Down, you mangy beast," Salem growled as he lined up his bow and shot at the wolverine.

Spoiler
    Show

Rapid Shot

Attack: (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[2]

Attack: (1d20+6)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[3]

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris takes a moment to process the random animal, but recognizes its potential danger. He takes a swing at it with his blade.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Power Attack (1d20+9)[14]
    Crit ?(19-20) (1d20+9)[20]
    Damage (1d10+9)[12] slashing
    If crit, add (1d10+9)[16] slashing damage.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

THere is an explosion of blood, fur and gore as Sarris and Oghash run into the room. The wolverine roars in rage, exploding into a muscled ball of rage as Oghash buries her axe in its shoulder, followed seconds later by Sarris's blade carving a deep gouge in its snout and one of Salem's arrows lodging in its back. The wolver growls, the sound reverberating in the cramped room and claws and bites with feral savagery seeking to rip the two offending villains into bloody chunks!

Spoiler: Wolverine
    Show

"Rage"

Vs Oghash claw (1d20+8)[9] dam (1d8+6)[13]
    Vs Sariss claw (1d20+8)[15] dam (1d8+6)[8]
    Vs Oghash bite (1d20+6)[25] dam (1d6+3)[5]

Go go party, any order and I'll sort it out

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari charges through the door just a few paces behind Oghash and Sarris. He saves his effort for the fight, leaving his normally impolite remarks unspoken for now.

Spoiler: Stvari, round 1
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (Maneuver Master), Level 2, Init 2, HP 12/18 16/17, Speed 20
    AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 21 ****, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Unarmed Strike +5 (1d6+4, x2)
    Temple sword +5 (1d8+4, 19-20, x2) (trip friendly)
    Flurry of Trip/dirty trick +6/+6 (-, )
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 14 12, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 6
    Condition Hardy, Stability, Dimdweller, Shadowhunter, Evasion
    Ki pool: 1/1
    Stunning fist: 2/2

If possible, Stvari will charge the wolverine:
    (1d20+5)[15] attack (not counting +2 for charge nor any potential flanking opportunities)
    (1d20+5)[19] CC (24+, x2)
    (1d8+6)[9] damage (1.5 str for using the sword two-handed)
    (1d8+6)[11] crit bonus

30. - Top - End - #240

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 1 (?), Oghash's Status
    Show
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 19+6/24+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 15, Touch 9, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Greataxe +7 (1d12+12, 20/x3)
    Chainmail, (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Rage)
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (3/8 Rounds Used Today)
    Power Attack

"DIE DIE DIE DIE!" screams Oghash as she swings her greataxe in violent, overhead chops!

Show
    5-ft step to flank, if possible. Rolls do NOT include a flanking bonus - please apply them if it's possible.

Greataxe (w/Power Attack): (1d20+7)[19] to hit, (1d20+7)[23] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[23] slashing damage, (12d12+24)[115] critical strike damage Edit - OOPS!