New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What If Xykon had taken Jirix along instead of Redcloack

Quote Originally Posted by DaLucaray View Post
    Also, lets be honest, I'm sure 99% of the evil population would be more fun for Xykon to keep around than Redcloak, he clearly looted a paladin's +1 Stick of Up The Rear a long time ago. At the latest during the invasion of Azure City
    I mean.....when you think about it, Redcloak isn't THAT different from a paladin. He is devoted to a cause greater than himself and a god who gave him that cause, he has beliefs associated with that cause that he is incredibly stubborn about holding to, and is willing to make sacrifices for that cause. he is even a walking inverted color scheme of the Sapphire Guard. (though that might just be the general evil color scheme of this world, Empire of Blood and the vampires like red and black to.)
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMist View Post
    I don't know what Frostmourne or Soul Edge are, but doesn't Daedric Armor require you to kill demons that are essentially living embodiments of evil?
    Frostmourne is the Lich Kings sword from Warcraft, which possesses your soul when you wield it. Soul Edge is one version of the sword from Soul Edge/Soul Calibur, which... Possesses your soul when you wield it. But it has an eye.
    Daedric Armour doesn't require you to kill Daedra (who aren't embodiments of evil, but embodiments of all alignments ranging between 'Pure Evil' and 'Sort of Okay'), especially as you can't kill Daedra, only destroy their meatsuits/dissipate their energy. Daedric Armour pieces are minor Daedra bound to a specific form by something stronger than them. When you summon Bound Armour/Weapons, you're temporarily borrowing enslaved Daedra, while physical equipment is the result of a more powerful conjuration/blacksmith.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Xykon believes he can boss around Redcloak as much as he wants, he's not gonna kill him unless he really needs to. Because to kill him would be to some extent admiting that his gambit didn't payed off, and that Redcloak wasn't as spineless and easy to control as Xykon made him out to be. I feel both of them struggle similarly with admiting to themselves they did a mistake in thinking they could control each other.