New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Fluff Discussion XVII: Call Necrosius, The Old Thread Is Dead!

Let's not let a silly joke send us off into The Female Space Marine Discussion.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Fluff Discussion XVII: Call Necrosius, The Old Thread Is Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    This seems supported by the few novels I've read that include Primaris - they're far less grim and more talkative than Firstborn Marines, apparently closer in mentality to what I've seen in the early Horus Heresy novels...
    More accurately, Joss Whedon, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer ruined an entire generation of writers.

Remember your ABCs of writing:
    Always.
    Be.
    C Quipping.

That being said; that was mostly at the start of the Indomnitus Crusade - over 100 years has passed since then and Primaris have now been made not just in the image of their parent Chapters by actually by those Chapters, so likely they have started to conform more closely to what we would expect from a Loyalist Marine.
    As the 8th Ed. Codex stated, the full-Chapters of Primaris Marines, created by Cawl on Mars - the Ultima Founding - are not the same as the Primaris Marines created by the individual Chapters during the Indomitus Founding. A lot of Chapters outright rejecting the Marines made by Cawl.

...This fluff is not present in the 9th Ed. book.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-12-17 at 09:52 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    "How do we make heroic power fantasy for boys?"
    Ten seconds later GW recreates 2000 A.D.-in-space.
    Ten seconds after that GW revamps 2000 A.D.-in-space, into a mash of Star Wars and Dune.
    Don't forget Judge Dredd
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #184
    Colossus in the Playground

As the 8th Ed. Codex stated, the full-Chapters of Primaris Marines, created by Cawl on Mars - the Ultima Founding - are not the same as the Primaris Marines created by the individual Chapters during the Indomitus Founding. A lot of Chapters outright rejecting the Marines made by Cawl.

...This fluff is not present in the 9th Ed. book.
    More distrust than outright rejection - I don't know of any incidents where they outright turned away the reinforcements and refused to let them onto their Chapter Planet or Fortress Monastery or whatever. If anything else, the Custodes would have prevented that.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

5. - Top - End - #185
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Don't forget Judge Dredd
    2000.A.D is the comic book in which Judge Dredd appears. He was the break-out character who went on to have other comics and movies named after him, but he still has stories there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear
    More accurately, Joss Whedon, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer ruined an entire generation of writers.
    Yep, sounds like War of Secrets to me. I got a couple of chapter in and gave up because the newly recruited Primaris Marines just wouldn't shut the **** up with their stupid oo-rah style banter, then complaining about why the firstborn Dark Angels didn't like them very much. The story had an interesting premise too, but the incessant "jarhead marines" really turned me off.

Although that being said, War of Secrets is a good example of what hamishspence just mentioned. The Dark Angels allowed the new Primaris Marines to join the Chapter, but that's it - they weren't initiated into the Circles and it was made clear that they would never be allowed to progress beyond their starting rank, because only 'true Dark Angels' would be allowed to learn about the Unforgiven. They were kept around and used as grunts, but otherwise were completely rejected from Dark Angels' culture and tradition until one Primaris in particular stopped being such a brat, started to prove he deserved to be there and wasn't - for want of a better term - a stooge/spy for Guilliman.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2020-12-17 at 07:33 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The Dark Angels allowed the new Primaris Marines to join the Chapter, but that's it - they weren't initiated into the Circles and it was made clear that they would never be allowed to progress beyond their starting rank...
    Gabriel Seth rejected Cawl's Marines outright. He had absolutely zero desire to see 'Red Ultramarines' in neither his, nor in Dante's Chapters.

Pedro Kantor didn't want Primaris Marines in his Chapter, because they don't know about the rest of the Chapter's History. Primaris Marines have no ties to Dorn, and Kantor was even worried about the modern Crimson Fists being united, because the new Primaris Marines 'Weren't There' on Rynn's World. Why is the Crimson Fists' strength of Brotherhood so damned strong? ...Because of a Thing that happened that Primaris Marines couldn't possibly understand.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #187
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

It is very 40k and very Gabriel Seth for him to turn down a chance to rescue his chapter from inevitable extinction he's been desperately trying to slow the pace of for hundreds of years. Because he just hates Guilliman that much.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    It is very 40k and very Gabriel Seth for him to turn down a chance to rescue his chapter from inevitable extinction he's been desperately trying to slow the pace of for hundreds of years. Because he just hates Guilliman that much.
    But also Cawl is not a good dude, and his Primaris Marines are very...Not good. Again, the Dark Angels are not fans of the originals.
    Gabriel Seth took the method making his own Primaris Marines, pretty sure every Chapter did. It's just Cawl's Originals that people don't like.

"Your brainwashing is not as good as my brainwashing. The ones you brainwashed don't fit in with the ones I brainwashed."
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-12-18 at 01:04 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

9. - Top - End - #189

Griffon

I can see it as a matter of Seth's pride and how seriously he takes his position as Chapter Master and inheritor of Amit's legacy, too. *He* has to save his Chapter, not let someone else - Cawl, Guilliman or Dante - step in, show him for being a failure, and then 'replace' it with something else. He'd rather die, just like he's proven many times before.

It's not necessarily the smartest choice, but it is the honourable one - a description that befits Seth himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear
    Why is the Crimson Fists' strength of Brotherhood so damned strong? ...Because of a Thing that happened that Primaris Marines couldn't possibly understand.
    Somewhat hypocritical of him - if 'You Don't Know, You Weren't There' is his basis for recruitment, then he can't honestly accept Firstborn recruits either, because they also Weren't There.

As an excuse to stick it to Guilliman it's fine, of course, which is the whole point. It's an easy and obvious one to call out, though.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I can see it as a matter of Seth's pride and how seriously he takes his position as Chapter Master and inheritor of Amit's legacy, too. *He* has to save his Chapter, not let someone else
    Dante approves this message.
    Gabriel says what Dante can't.
    Proud of you, son.

Somewhat hypocritical of him - if 'You Don't Know, You Weren't There' is his basis for recruitment, then he can't honestly accept Firstborn recruits either, because they also Weren't There.
    Ah, but you see, child, he can tell them the stories, and they'll pay attention in wide-eyed wonder.
    Grown adults don't care, and even when you tell them, they'll think it's lame.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, but you see, child, he can tell them the stories, and they'll pay attention in wide-eyed wonder.
    Grown adults don't care, and even when you tell them, they'll think it's lame.
    Aka indoctrinate them when it works best.

12. - Top - End - #192

Gabriel Seth rejected Cawl's Marines outright. He had absolutely zero desire to see 'Red Ultramarines' in neither his, nor in Dante's Chapters.
    Not going by the description in 9E Codex Blood Angels.

Page 28:
    With his chapter's Primaris reinforcements, Seth makes great use of Assault Intercessors and Impulsor transports, supported by Inceptors plummeting into battle from above to slaughter foes at close quarters. Bladeguard Veterans anchor his line, the resolute warriors bedecked with relics that remind their brothers they are heirs to beauty as well as fury.

Page 29:
    To Seth, the Flesh Tearers' rage was an inherent part of who they were, and he believed the Greyshields to be a calculated effort to dilute his brotherhood's defining characteristic.
    With great suspicion, but little choice, he accepted his new warriors, subjecting them to arduous trials and thrusting them into the fiercest fights to prove their mettle.

To the shock of every Flesh Tearer, the Greyshields that joined them were no less susceptible to the Black Rage. The curse within their gene-seed lay deeper than any knew. Doom was only postponed.

Pedro Kantor didn't want Primaris Marines in his Chapter, because they don't know about the rest of the Chapter's History.

Similar principles apply to Kantor. He may not have been entirely happy with the Greyshields Primaris reinforcements he got - but he accepted them and did not refuse to be reinforced.

Although that being said, War of Secrets is a good example of what hamishspence just mentioned. The Dark Angels allowed the new Primaris Marines to join the Chapter, but that's it - they weren't initiated into the Circles and it was made clear that they would never be allowed to progress beyond their starting rank, because only 'true Dark Angels' would be allowed to learn about the Unforgiven. They were kept around and used as grunts, but otherwise were completely rejected from Dark Angels' culture and tradition until one Primaris in particular stopped being such a brat, started to prove he deserved to be there and wasn't - for want of a better term - a stooge/spy for Guilliman.
    It'll be interesting to see what the 9e DA codex says, when it comes out, about the degree to which the Dark Angels accepted the Greyshields.

Are all DA Primaris Librarians recruits from after the Greyshield reinforcement, or did the DA induct Greyshield Librarians into the Deathwing?
    Are Bladeguard all recruits from after than Greyshield reinforcement, who in the space of 100 years have gone from recruit to Deathwing Primaris member?

Or did the DA lose their distrust of Greyshields, and induct the best of them into the Deathwing, where they became Bladeguard Veterans?

Given that Apharan was a Greyshield, and is implied to have gotten in:

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Apharan_(Primaris)

Afterwards, Apharan's actions led the Deathwing to initiate the process for him to join their ranks. Unbeknownst to him however, Grand Master Azrael had placed the chance of the Primaris' ever serving in the Inner Circle, on Apharan's shoulders. Many within his own Chapter and the Unforgiven did not trust the Primaris to learn the full history of the Fallen and were against them serving in the Inner Circle at all. With their strength depleted by recent battles, Azrael knew this was foolhardy, but could not ignore the naysayers' concerns, without risking a schism forming within their ranks. Thus, Azrael told them that Apharan's success or failure to earn entry into the Deathwing, would determine the matter and he would personally oversee the Primaris' trials. Apharan's later success, ended the debate for good and while some of the Unforgiven Masters still remain skeptical, their loyalty and trust in Azrael outweighs their doubts.[1a]
    I'd speculate that he opened the way for a bunch of other Greyshields to be inducted and to form the first DA Bladeguard Veteran squads.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2020-12-18 at 04:54 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193

Yeah, that's because GW realized that while having some chapters not like Primaris made sense, it meant they couldn't sell Primaris kits to people who play those chapters, so they reversed themselves on the quick.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Devastation of Baal

That is salvation, is it?’ said Seth. ‘I say otherwise. I say it is a deliberate action against our lord’s heritage, and the work of the Emperor himself.’
    ‘How can you say that?’ said Dante, appalled.
    ‘You are too noble to understand.’ Seth rounded on Dante. ‘That is not salvation, that is replacement. These new warriors will bear the colours of Flesh Tearers, but without Sanguinius’ fury they will be Flesh Tearers in name only. All my time as Chapter Master I have waged war on our rage, to wrestle it into submission and use its strength to slay our foes. We are fury! From the time of Amit, the savage lord, to this day, we have carried the white heat of Sanguinius’ anger in us. That was our gift and our burden. The flaw is what makes us what we are.’

‘We are nothing without the struggle against it. He would make us all Ultramarines in red armour.' ‘There are few of my warriors left, few true Flesh Tearers. Once we are dead, the Flesh Tearers will be no more, no matter that these abominations carry our name. It is a betrayal, not a boon. Guilliman will want us gone quickly, and his own warriors in our stead.’
    ‘Gabriel!’
    Seth waved his hand. ‘Open your eyes, Dante. These Unnumbered Sons, they are Legions in all but name. I have spoken with the newcomers. They are only too glad to tell me of the Avenging Son’s plans. Wherever Guilliman goes, he leaves his men in place. Through the codex, he gave the Adeptus Astartes their independence. He is more than willing to remove it from us. Soon, the Chapters will be free in name only. And these new Space Marines, he has the gall to interfere with the work of the Emperor. If he is willing to do that…’ Seth fell silent suddenly.
    Guilliman Arisen says the Codex is lame, and goes full Roman.
    Seth doesn't like him or his Legionnaires at all.
    Guy Haley snuck that in there way back in 2017, as 8th Ed. was coming out. Your Firstborn Marines will be subverted and overwritten. Maybe not now (2017)...But eventually (2020), the writing is on the wall.

So, once again...
    ...This fluff is not present in the 9th Ed. book. In fact I don't think it's in any Codex, because it's in a novel.

Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    Not going by the description in 9E Codex Blood Angels.
    No poop.

To the shock of every Flesh Tearer, the Greyshields that joined them were no less susceptible to the Black Rage. The curse within their gene-seed lay deeper than any knew. Doom was only postponed.
    And we will forget when GW said that Cawl was such a genius he removed the Black Rage. Only the Red Thirst was actually part of the gene-seed.
    That's why Devastation of Baal is written the way it is. Because at the time, there were going to be no Primaris Death Company because Cawl fixed it (8th Ed.). There was still going to be Red Thirst. Just no Death Company (probably 'cause they couldn't figure out how to make the models...And to be fair, they still didn't. Welcome to CAD. More Shoulder Pads than the '80s!). Guess they did a 180 on that?

Similar principles apply to Kantor. He may not have been entirely happy with the Greyshields Primaris reinforcements he got - but he accepted them and did not refuse to be reinforced.
    That's what I said...Two years ago.
    It doesn't matter what the fluff says, because GW's goal is to sell models. And every Chapter will have Primaris Marines in it regardless of the fluff. GW will justify it somehow.

Catastrophe happens. A Chapter gets down to less than 300 Marines ('sup Blood Angels, feeling Devastated?), then Guilliman shows up to save the Chapter with Primaris Marines.
    Got Marines? Even though it takes less than 50 years to create an entire Chapter from 50 gene-seeds (The 5% gene-tithe), 'We can't wait that long' because Dark Imperium is happening and Blood Angels can't wait 50 years to get back in The Long War.

So Dante will take the Primaris Marines, over the objections of his own 1st Captain, and his closest ally. Because he has no choice.
    Yeah. He 'accepted' Grayshields, alright.

It'll be interesting to see what the 9e DA codex says, when it comes out, about the degree to which the Dark Angels accepted the Greyshields.
    They did accept them. You can tell because GW has fully painted Dark Angel Primaris armies - including Librarians - in their studio.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-12-18 at 11:53 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

15. - Top - End - #195

Vigilus Defiant describes the Primaris Lieutenant that the Dark Angels send to treat with Calgar as just as uninformed as to the Chapter's actual goal on Vigilus as the rest of the council. At that time, at least, the Dark Angels were using the Primaris, but not trusting them.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

16. - Top - End - #196

...This fluff is not present in the 9th Ed. book. In fact I don't think it's in any Codex, because it's in a novel.
    The codex has no problem with "Seth hates the idea" - it mentions Seth's worries. But, his worries don't mean he simply refuses to let the Greyshields into his chapter in the first place.

Even the 8e codex makes it clear that Cawl failed to cure the Flaw, long before Psychic Awakening - Wrath of Baal came out.

Gabriel Seth took the method making his own Primaris Marines, pretty sure every Chapter did. It's just Cawl's Originals that people don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The point I'm making is that "Seth refused to let the Greyshields Guilliman was offering enter the Flesh Tearers Chapter" never happened in the first place.

He didn't like them - but he did let them in.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2020-12-19 at 01:27 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

But, his worries don't mean he simply refuses to let the Greyshields into his chapter in the first place.
    Of course not. No Chapter is going to refuse the Grayshields - or any Primaris Marines thereafter - because it's in GW's interests that they don't not accept.

The point I'm making is that "Seth refused to let the Greyshields Guilliman was offering enter the Flesh Tearers Chapter" never happened in the first place.
    Okay. Sure.
    Once again I used a word or phrase that probably doesn't fit the definition of what I might really mean, and that sparks a fun discussion where I look stupid because I'm actually agreeing with the person arguing against me. And all's we do is aggressively agree with each other.

Okay. 'Outright reject Grayshields' is the wrong phrase. What I meant was 'They deliberately shunned and resented Grayshields and made it their business to make the newcomers feel unwanted. However they did accept the process of making Primaris Marines, for the ones they made from scratch, weren't Cawl's Grayshields.'

This translates to...
    You A Chapter doesn't have to like Primaris Marines right now, but in time you the Chapter will get on board, as GW/BL will slowly transition the rules training regime of Primaris Marines to be superior to Firstborn, so that you the Chapter feels like it's actually your their proactive choice in the matter. And it wont be social engineering at all.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-12-19 at 01:46 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #198

I suspect that "Making the newcomers feel unwanted" didn't last too long in that particular case either.

After he'd put them through a few trials, going by the 9e Codex, Seth made full use of them, and the Flesh Tearers found out that even Greyshields could get the Black Rage.

Seth tends to change his mind when given the opportunity to. From Red Fury, he originally refused to tithe Marines to the Blood Angels when they were massively depleted, instead recommending that the Blood Angels be disbanded and the Flesh Tearers given Baal instead. But eventually, he changed his mind and tithed some of his men to Dante like everyone else.

The Dark Angels probably took a bit longer, until Apharan proved the worth of the Greyshields.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground

Watching this fight among/over GW's Marketing/Lore writers about Gabriel Seth and the FT lore with Primaris, as a fan of Ultramarines for 2 decades, all I can say is: "First Time?"

But seriously though, from what I remember of Seth's old, pre-8th lore, and how you all describe him now with the story excerpts, he comes off more as Commander Contrarian rather than a leader conflicted about the Primaris. So rather than sticking to the older lore of Seth trying to direct the rage of the FT towards better goals that won't get them censured by the Imperium, he is unironically presented more as an Angron Poser, as he marches up to Dante and effectively claims only the FT are proper Blood Angels, because somehow, not wanting to suffer from the Butcher's Nails The Black Rage makes you less of Marine in Seth's eyes...

Likewise, the Primaris portion of the lore reads more as desperately trying to appease all sides in the lore argument about how well Primaris would "fit in" with First Founding chapter like the Blood Angels and major successor chapter, and instead, misses the mark

The flaws which Cawl supposedly fixed returning feel more like something getting pulled from someone's rear armor plate in a desperate bid both by the lore writers to save a plot powerr/tabletop rule, and for Marketing to replace your First Born DC with Primaris DC. In attempting to do so, they end up just annoying everyone, except maybe those powergamers who didn't care about the lore anyways and just want more power for their army.

I think officially this has been the worst attempt at incorporating Primaris into the lore that I've seen.
    Last edited by Razgriez; 2020-12-20 at 08:01 PM.
    Final Fantasy XIV Dragoon custom avatar made by Iruka. Thanks Iruka.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
    But seriously though, from what I remember of Seth's old, pre-8th lore, and how you all describe him now with the story excerpts, he comes off more as Commander Contrarian rather than a leader conflicted about the Primaris.
    He is a Commander who is protective of the men under his command.
    He is a Commander who fears:
    a) At any moment, he will suffer the Black Rage and there will be no-one to replace him (there isn't), and
    b) At any moment, his men will suffer from the Black Rage and all he's done for his Chapter (all those Inquisitors that he's murdered...) will be for nothing.

So rather than sticking to the older lore of Seth trying to direct the rage of the FT towards better goals that won't get them censured by the Imperium...
    Seth doesn't give a **** about the Imperium. He cares about his men, Sanguinius (and his Sons), and the Emperor. In descending order.

he is unironically presented more as an Angron Poser, as he marches up to Dante and effectively claims only the FT are proper Blood Angels
    Sanguinius said Guilliman was wrong, and ran off to die aboard the Vengeful Spirit.
    If you aren't willing to make the ultimate sacrifice, you aren't one of Sanguinius' sons.

Whilst Dante is politicking with Guilliman, and trying to hold the Dark Imperium together. Seth is holding the Blood Angels Successors together.

not wanting to suffer from the Butcher's Nails The Black Rage makes you less of Marine in Seth's eyes...
    No. Not having to fight against The Black Rage makes you less of a Blood Angel. It's what makes you who you are, and it's what makes you strong. You wont know your strength until you are tested. And a Blood Angel is tested every. Damned. Day. If you can hold back The Black Rage, nothing else (e.g; Chaos) can break you, either. The Black Rage is necessary for Blood Angels to remain strong.

"Imperial Fists don't need The Pain Glove."
    Don't they?

There's a reason Space Marine Chapters recruit off of Death Worlds.

Likewise, the Primaris portion of the lore reads more as desperately trying to appease all sides in the lore argument about how well Primaris would "fit in" with First Founding chapter like the Blood Angels and major successor chapter, and instead, misses the mark
    No. It reads exactly like it should:
    1. Some Chapters accept Primaris Marines with open arms.
    2. Some Chapters are hesitant to accept and/or make Primaris Marines, but eventually come around when it's clear that they are generally superior to Firstborn.
    3. Some Chapters don't accept Primaris Marines into the Chapter and continue to produce Firstborn in a Galaxy that has surpassed them.

GW will mostly write about the first two kinds. All roads lead to buying Primaris Marines. Whilst the third kind will politely be forgotten about.

I think officially this has been the worst attempt at incorporating Primaris into the lore that I've seen.
    As I've repeatedly pointed out, the worst version of Primaris Marines are the Ascended.
    Take your Firstborn, make them Primaris. It has a ~10% death rate, but nobody important will die from it. Buy the new model 'cause your current one is outdated.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2020-12-21 at 02:09 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

21. - Top - End - #201

3. Some Chapters don't accept Primaris Marines into the Chapter and continue to produce Firstborn in a Galaxy that has surpassed them.
    Are there any chapters confirmed to have "not accepted Primaris Marines into them"?

In 8e, Chapters have been stated to have continued to produce Firstborn alongside Primaris, (without specifiying which Chapters do this).

But that's not quite the same as continuing to produce exclusively Firstborn.
    Last edited by hamishspence; 2020-12-21 at 12:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

This is indirectly relevant to this thread.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

TTS is always relevant!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Took me way too long to get that He-Of-Massive-Name was the Deceiver. i was thinking Tzeentch for most of the video. Also, where was Magnus?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    TTS is always relevant!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Took me way too long to get that He-Of-Massive-Name was the Deceiver. i was thinking Tzeentch for most of the video. Also, where was Magnus?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably off playing MtG. or some game that involves more magic, Stellaris isn't really good for wizard stuff.

that and half the video was basically reenacting the Horus heresy with Boy being the Horus stand in and the Deceiver being the Tzeentch stand in. to add in Magnus to that would complicate the basic plot of it, especially since there'd be no real way to simulate him playing out his role in Stellaris. The Deceivers rant of course is a bit meta: the Deceiver in TTS in some way sees the narrative of Wh40k and thus tries to keep the status quo because the alternative is progressing to inevitable doom.

also I like the fact that this is a power fantasy for the Emperor not because of the empires and conquering but because he gets to stand and have hair. Kitten meanwhile is the definition of "play lame, win game".
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probably off playing MtG. or some game that involves more magic, Stellaris isn't really good for wizard stuff.

that and half the video was basically reenacting the Horus heresy with Boy being the Horus stand in and the Deceiver being the Tzeentch stand in. to add in Magnus to that would complicate the basic plot of it, especially since there'd be no real way to simulate him playing out his role in Stellaris. The Deceivers rant of course is a bit meta: the Deceiver in TTS in some way sees the narrative of Wh40k and thus tries to keep the status quo because the alternative is progressing to inevitable doom.

also I like the fact that this is a power fantasy for the Emperor not because of the empires and conquering but because he gets to stand and have hair. Kitten meanwhile is the definition of "play lame, win game".
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought that was one of the Fab-stodes' power fantasy of being the Emperor.
    Also, Magnus could totally have just sat in the sidelines of Kitten's factions making snarky commentary.
    Also, also, it's good to see that the Celestial Shaman-Queen is fitting in. I hope Sir Wamri le Délicieux and Nrod Logarsson are doing as well.
    Forum Wisdom

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought that was one of the Fab-stodes' power fantasy of being the Emperor.
    Also, Magnus could totally have just sat in the sidelines of Kitten's factions making snarky commentary.
    Also, also, it's good to see that the Celestial Shaman-Queen is fitting in. I hope Sir Wamri le Délicieux and Nrod Logarsson are doing as well.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, was the voice of the Emperor guy one of the fabstodes? because if the voice one of them it'd explain how the guy repeated all of the Emperor's mistakes without seeing them. I thought it was the Emperor given how he powergames everything, knew the codes to start all three end times and did the "I trust you but not really" lines. but I guess the real Emperor wouldn't have time for this since he is already playing it in his actual life, technically. but one of the fabstodes could make sense, as I thought the voice was a little off but dismissed to him using a different speech thing for Stellaris.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait, was the voice of the Emperor guy one of the fabstodes? because if the voice one of them it'd explain how the guy repeated all of the Emperor's mistakes without seeing them. I thought it was the Emperor given how he powergames everything, knew the codes to start all three end times and did the "I trust you but not really" lines. but I guess the real Emperor wouldn't have time for this since he is already playing it in his actual life, technically. but one of the fabstodes could make sense, as I thought the voice was a little off but dismissed to him using a different speech thing for Stellaris.
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I think it actually is the Emperor, he's got golden subtitles. It's not tjat surprising he would make the same mistakes again, the guy has a borderline pathological refusal to admit to have ever done/been wrong.
    Forum Wisdom

28. - Top - End - #208

Spoiler
    Show
    They also commented the part of the power fantasy is "being able to stand", which only makes sense for Emps.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #209
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The best meta bit of that video is Bruva Alfabusa was officially sponsored by Paradox to make that video. Which just helps show how far hes come as a content creator. He use to do silly joke videos, then he sat down and started TTS. Now hes getting sponsorships from game companies and getting prank calls from Aaron Demski Bowdan. Yes, the official Black Library writer. This man has gone up in the world.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Are there any chapters confirmed to have "not accepted Primaris Marines into them"?

In 8e, Chapters have been stated to have continued to produce Firstborn alongside Primaris, (without specifiying which Chapters do this).

But that's not quite the same as continuing to produce exclusively Firstborn.
    Not any that still exist, as Guilliman sent the Custodes to wipe out any chapters who refused, iirc. Which feels like it should reinforce the "Primaris marines are Guilliman's agents sent to infiltrate our chapters" fear that some of them had.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.