New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Converting an A4/Letter sewing pattern to a larger format I can send to a print shop

So, long story short, I bought a sewing pattern off etsy, but it only came with a format for just printing off a load of normal sized sheets and tiling them together.

Is there a way to convert them into a larger format so I can get them printed on one big sheet?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Converting an A4/Letter sewing pattern to a larger format I can send to a print s

You could combine them in Inkscape.

In File=> Document Properties you can set print page size and orientation.
    Add all the sheets individually to one drawing (or two or more, if they won't fit on one sheet at your desired page size), and arrange to taste.
    You can add them by just dragging them into the Inkscape drawing window, or File => Import (Ctrl-I)
    Then File => Save As a .pdf file.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2020-10-09 at 01:16 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: Converting an A4/Letter sewing pattern to a larger format I can send to a print s

I'm thinking a professional printshop should be able to do that for you? Provided there isn't some very specific way it all has to go together that only you can do. So e.g. number the files 1-9 they are added to a larger page in that order like numkeys on a keyb shouldn't be beyond the ability of a printshop. Like so:

1-2-3
    4-5-6
    7-8-9

or whatever works. Maybe call them and ask? They will better be able to tell you what they can do after all.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Luckily I woke up this morning to a reply from the seller with a large format file, so, that solves that.

I'd just about managed to assemble the pages in GIMP (asking the print shop to assemble them wouldn't have been an option because the sheets are designed to overlap when they're put together).
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)