New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rater's Ridiculously Rambunctious Random Ranter #229

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    *Transgender, not that other one.

Also hey I'm trans. Be aware of me? Just like, in general?
    It's nearly twelve. I;m allowed to slip up (was less acceptable when I talked about it with my girlfriend a couple of ahrs ago, but is now near twelve).

And sorry, I had to be aware of three others today, I might be able to fit you in tomorrow
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    It's nearly twelve. I;m allowed to slip up (was less acceptable when I talked about it with my girlfriend a couple of ahrs ago, but is now near twelve).

And sorry, I had to be aware of three others today, I might be able to fit you in tomorrow
    That's fair. Also hey, I forgot to say but congrats on that. I'm glad you're at the comfortable point where you feel confident calling her that.

It's okay I'll always be here, looming, with books and videos waiting to be observed. Like a proton getting ready to activate (I'm bad at science).

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

I think my most likely game to stream would be Oh Jeez, Oh No, My Rabbits Are Gone!!!, because A: that title, and B: looks interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

*Transgender, not that other one.

Also hey I'm trans. Be aware of me? Just like, in general?
    Awareing.
    That's fair. Also hey, I forgot to say but congrats on that. I'm glad you're at the comfortable point where you feel confident calling her that.

It's okay I'll always be here, looming, with books and videos waiting to be observed. Like a proton getting ready to activate (I'm bad at science).
    Awareing of poor science.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

5. - Top - End - #515

The closest thing I can think of is that you are in multiple locations, or no location, until we observe you.

So, basically, you're a cat in a box.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you. It's weird though, dating three people and trying to keep the terms they prefer straight.

As one of my siblings pointed out, I make no sense. I'm farsighted but often take my glasses off to read, I'm a creative who's heavily focused on rules, and I managed to get into multiple (stable?) relationships at a time where most people can't go on a single date. I must have at least one of quark, strangeness, and charm.

Considering my height almost certainly looming.

I don't think protons activate. Unless we count dissolving into their component quarks? Although the jury's still out on if that's a likely scenario. My science knowledge base is a bit overly broad. I think quark is one of the things that attracts people?

But what is a proton but another name for a hydrogen ion?

One thing that I've wondered about for years, but never actually looked up, is what would you get if you tried to make protons and neutrons with Strange and Charm quarks, or Top and Bottom ones.

Or just how badly the universe would be messed up if I changed the speed of light (according to a doctor of photonics, very).

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ettin in the Playground

One thing that I've wondered about for years, but never actually looked up, is what would you get if you tried to make protons and neutrons with Strange and Charm quarks, or Top and Bottom ones.
    You either get rare Hadrons, most of which don't have individual names, and which act like "normal" protons and neutrons, but heavier... or you get Strange Matter.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #518

You don't want strange matter, btw.

A property of strange matter is that any matter that comes into contact with strange matter collapses into strange quarks.

If strange matter were to be created on Earth outside of a vacuum in large enough quantities that it's mass is enough to be affected by gravity? That's it.

It would float around, touching molecules and atoms in the air until the mss of strange matter became big enough to be affected by the Earth's gravitational pull and begin to fall. The second it touches the ground, the planet itself will start melting into strange goo.

There's no stopping it: Build a barrier and it'll just convert the barrier into more of itself.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #519

I think the thing we can all agree on is that I am at the very least made of atoms, and that I'm tall and have a published novel.

Also yeah um, is everyone in that situation aware of it, AnonWizard? If yes than obviously it is fine, but be careful if not. I would recommend not dating multiple people at once if they're not comfortable with that sort thing.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    You don't want strange matter, btw.

A property of strange matter is that any matter that comes into contact with strange matter collapses into strange quarks.
    almost any matter it touches. There's one thing that's immune to strange-matter. It's also the only thing with a higher density than strange-matter.

If strange matter were to be created on Earth outside of a vacuum in large enough quantities that it's mass is enough to be affected by gravity? That's it.

It would float around, touching molecules and atoms in the air until the mss of strange matter became big enough to be affected by the Earth's gravitational pull and begin to fall. The second it touches the ground, the planet itself will start melting into strange goo.

There's no stopping it: Build a barrier and it'll just convert the barrier into more of itself.
    Strange Matter is so dangerous that a nearby(-ish) black hole makes things marginally safer because that's the only way to dispose of it.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Also yeah um, is everyone in that situation aware of it, AnonWizard? If yes than obviously it is fine, but be careful if not. I would recommend not dating multiple people at once if they're not comfortable with that sort thing.
    From what they've said before, it sounds like everyone is - and they don't seem like the type of person to juggle people unknowingly.

Also, gasp. A Zodi, appearing from nowhere, as I've not had awareness of her before now.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

I think the thing we can all agree on is that I am at the very least made of atoms, and that I'm tall and have a published novel.
    I can verify one of those things, but for all I know you could be made of bits and live in a computer.

Yeah, at least two of the relationships are explicitly open, the third I haven't had that conversation with yet but they're already dating the other two.

Like why would I want nonconsensual multiamory? That just seems like a way to create bad feels.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-11-14 at 03:15 AM.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Troll in the Playground

I can verify one of those things, but for all I know you could be made of bits and live in a computer.
    Those aren't things that could happen!

...who've you been talking to?
    >.>
    <.<
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Those aren't things that could happen!

...who've you been talking to?
    >.>
    <.<
    Look, HAL gets a bad rep, but he only went mad due to conflicting orders.

Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

To continue a joke: Witness me!
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

16. - Top - End - #526

Yeah, at least two of the relationships are explicitly open, the third I haven't had that conversation with yet but they're already dating the other two.

Like why would I want nonconsensual multiamory? That just seems like a way to create bad feels.
    I have witnesses to my being six foot one or two, so I can absolutely confirm that one if needed.

That's good! Sorry if this was weirdly prying but I wanted to make sure. Polyamory isn't for me but if it's working it is working, so good on you *thumbs up*

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    You have been witnessed! I am looking respectfully *eyes*

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Geez, all these people randomly appearing out of thin air. You must all be ninjas or something.

18. - Top - End - #528

On some days, I just feel like that day would be a good day to be a living tank.

You ever feel like that? On some days you just wish you had six inches of high-quality steel armor and a big ass gun that shoots huge exploding shells?

It's not even a "this would be useful in a fight" or "I am so pissed off" or a "plz no bulli" thing.

It's just, sometimes I wish I was a tank.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Well. I have now streamed! And this makes me more certain than ever: I do not like my voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My dog passed away today, so yall get uninspired poetry. He was a rescue dog we found 8 years ago, he was locked outside for several years before we got him and had been beaten.

Spoiler
    Show
    A poem to Dargo

In the cold we found you, tiny and thin
    With forced wagging tail and self defacing grin
    Your fur was mangy, your rotting ears a monument to human sin
    Sometimes it seemed like your breath even smelled like gin

Your one eye was cloudy, your other so bright
    The way you would simper and beg so polite
    You feared to be alone, left out for too many nights
    Your steps were uneven, your tread far too light

For eight years you lived with us, growing redolent and fat
    Your grin became confident, then bowed with that
    wrinkled weight of ages, that presses straight backs down like a cats'

I loved your long snuggles, the fights for bones
    The abuse that you faced I always felt I had to atone
    For even in laughter you would give me a glance and a groan
    The fear always present that we would leave you once more alone

And now the day has come and as usual I'm not ready
    Even writing these words my hands aren't quite steady
    and my rhyming skills as you know have never been heady

Your fur has gone cold as those rivers you swam
    Your eyes have gone dull, nose no longer sniffs for ham
    You may not be alone anymore, but I am.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #531

First, my condolences to Tvtyrant.

Second: I just found out that the "baby Yoda" puppet used in the filming of The Mandalorian cost five million dollars to make.

How the *streak of curse words deleted* do you spend that much on one puppet?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    My dog passed away today, so y'all get uninspired poetry. He was a rescue dog we found 8 years ago, he was locked outside for several years before we got him and had been beaten.

Spoiler
    Show
    A poem to Dargo

You have my condolences, if that's any help. As to the poem, I teared up a little at the last line. We clearly have very different definitions of uninspired.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    You have my condolences, if that's any help. As to the poem, I teared up a little at the last line. We clearly have very different definitions of uninspired.
    Thank you.

You too Rater202.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

24. - Top - End - #534

My dog passed away today, so yall get uninspired poetry. He was a rescue dog we found 8 years ago, he was locked outside for several years before we got him and had been beaten.

Spoiler
    Show
    A poem to Dargo

You have my condolences Tyrant. Nothing is harder to lose than a best friend, and a dog is always a best fried.

First, my condolences to Tvtyrant.

Second: I just found out that the "baby Yoda" puppet used in the filming of The Mandalorian cost five million dollars to make.

It's fully animatronic and looks real as **** I thought it was CG until you said this. I genuinely thought that the Werner Herzog interview where he explains that seeing the baby yoda made him fall genuinely, truly in love with art, and become forever devoted to the little gremlin was him looking at CG or a model or something, not a full real puppet.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-11-16 at 01:58 AM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Very late to the party on some of these, sorry. I've been out of state for a bit.
    In D&D rules, a Warlock is under no obligation to obey their patron, and the patron can't take the powers back.
    Similarly, a patron is under no obligation to give any further powers regardless of how much XP the Warlock gets.
    Considering that Warlock literally means "liar" or "Oathbreaker, " you could argue that you aren't a "real" WArlock unless you tricked a divine or infernal being into giving your power without you having to do anything meaningful on your end to get it.
    You could, but it would be a bad argument. It'd be like if I said that I have a summa cum laude Bachelor's from NYU and a doctorate in education from Columbia. Those are literally true statements that I can make, but still misleading as all get out.
    What if I want to YouTube but don't have a camera or a decent PC for editing?
    Something something blue triangle in love with a red square and if you know how to tell a story, won't be a dry eye in the house. Jan Misali is a fantastic example of how you practically need nothing visually to still make a youtube channel work; the visuals are still there, but they're effectively ancillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    I realized yesterday that it'd been at least three years according to patreon. So, yes. Time flies.
    When in good company, the passage of time seems both too short and also so long that you can't really recall what it was like before.
    There's a reason I'm a published author and not a professional comedian
    Why limit yourself? Both can pay nothing if you do it right!
    I have lived with cats for more or less my entire life.
    I knew there was a reason I liked you.
    I've gotten decently good at feline communication, me thinks, but I still can't tell the difference between the "slave, I demand belly scritches" pose and the "come near me and you'll lose a finger" pose.
    Not to brag (ok, maybe absolutely to brag) but I've never had a cat that did me dirty like that. They have always trusted me completely and let me give them belly scratches without so much as a mark on me. Except Erebus, who would sometimes get a bit too enthusiastic about playing, but whenever he did I could just stop moving and put barely enough pressure on him to hold him down and he knew that meant he was going too hard and just pause; as soon as we started moving again, his "scratching" and "biting" would be near-unnoticeable if you didn't see it.

I still miss Erebus.
    On some days, I just feel like that day would be a good day to be a living tank.

You ever feel like that? On some days you just wish you had six inches of high-quality steel armor and a big ass gun that shoots huge exploding shells?

It's not even a "this would be useful in a fight" or "I am so pissed off" or a "plz no bulli" thing.

It's just, sometimes I wish I was a tank.
    I've never thought about that before, but now I wish it at all times.
    Oh jeez, I'm so sorry. I know that pain, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
    I just found out that the "baby Yoda" puppet used in the filming of The Mandalorian cost five million dollars to make.

Uhh.... don't look into joining the 501st. I wouldn't want you to go into shock at what even simple costuming costs, let alone incredibly lifelike animatronics.
    It's fully animatronic and looks real as **** I thought it was CG until you said this. I genuinely thought that the Werner Herzog interview where he explains that seeing the baby yoda made him fall genuinely, truly in love with art, and become forever devoted to the little gremlin was him looking at CG or a model or something, not a full real puppet.
    Fun fact! They debated doing CGI instead of the puppet, and Herzog convinced them otherwise rather elegantly.

After a take using the puppet, the crew got ready for another take without the puppet “in case they decided during postproduction that the puppet wasn’t convincing enough and a digital version had to be substituted.” Herzog had a reaction that is instantly iconic: “You are cowards,” the director said. “Leave it.”
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-11-16 at 10:34 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

26. - Top - End - #536

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Why limit yourself? Both can pay nothing if you do it right!
    Oh trust me, I know

Still need to sell 69 (nice) books to recoup costs caused by getting manuscript evaluations, then I'll be makin' a profit!

27. - Top - End - #537

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I've never thought about that before, but now I wish it at all times.
    An alternative fantasy is being a dragon.

Or like, a centaur but with an ATV instead of a horse.

It probably says something about me psychologically that most of my fantasies have something to do with being big, being a powerful piece of machinery, being heavily armored, or having serious firepower.

Sometimes I wonder how much of the person I am can be blamed on the media I consume. I have to think that Digimon Tamers was a major influence because my reaction to the "Biomerging" thing(Or Matrix Evolution, if you prefer subs) was "oh my god that was so cool" and that involved turning into a flowing androgynous spirit and then fusing with your best friend to turn into a divinely Empowered Night, a literal deity(censored to "Shaman" in the dub,) a Big Ass Robot with all of the guns, or a Superhero.

All individually with enough power to casually wipe out a city, becuase Digmon's power scaling is ridiculous. In the first series the main characters' partner got literal(albeit implicitly very low powered) nuclear warheads as a basic attack halfway through and that's implied to be average.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

My twitch channel officially has an "Other M Mode".

I'm terrified of when it'll be activated.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

29. - Top - End - #539

My twitch channel officially has an "Other M Mode".

I'm terrified of when it'll be activated.
    This is a good joke!

As someone who actually likes Other M and feels the hate it gets is mostly unwarranted it bugs me, but eh.

30. - Top - End - #540

This is a good joke!

As someone who actually likes Other M and feels the hate it gets is mostly unwarranted it bugs me, but eh.
    Other M makes more sense when you take some things into account.

1: Samus is emotionally compromised at the time: This is like, two months tops after the events of Super Metroid. Depending on how fast Federation Cloning Tech works and some other details, it could be as little as a few weaks.

Which means that Samus hasn't had any time to rest and recover from her failed attempt to save the Baby, who she had an emotional bond with comparable to a mother and child.

This, combined with the fact that Samus is like, 19? Maybe twenty at the time? It makes sense that she would defer to a familiar authority figure, even in situations where she is under no obligation to, if only to try and draw some comfort or stability.

(Samus is a Child Soldier. AFAIK she is never canonically depicted at an age where she could legally consume alcohol in the modern united states. She's a strong, beautiful badass young woman who kicks all kind of ass, but she can't be that all the time, right? Trying to be that 24/7 in all circumstances would drive even the strongest willed people insane. For all of her augmentations, all the mutagens she's been exposed to, and so on, Samus is still psychologically human.)

2: There's a manga that establishes that Ridley is a huge PTSD trigger for Samus. Presumably, she's only able to stay composed when fighting him becuase she knows he's out there and is prepared for the possibility of running into him on any given encounter with Space Pirates. She froze up in panic when she ran into him for the first time, and he taunted her with the knowledge that he probably ate her mother's corpse, and Samus panic attack in Other M is a deliberate reference to that.

And this is anywhere from a few days to a few months after she freaking killed his ass.

Every other encounter with Ridley, she can maim him, she can drive him off, but she'd never been able to do something that would last. At worst she forces him to rely on prosthetics for a little bit. She goes months or years without encountering him, too.

In Super Metroid, she killed him, confirmed the kill, destroyed his body, and then the planet he was on blew up without any way of getting the pieces of his body off to bring him back in any way before the kaboom.

If you had 100% definitively killed the person who murdered everyone you know and loves when you were three or four, some of them right in front of you and haunted your nightmares ever since and then a little later there the freak he is again with no explanation? You'd be terrified too, no matter how strong you are.

I've got no explanation for why she continues to follow orders when it makes things unreasonably harder for her but...

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks