New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Rater's Ridiculously Rambunctious Random Ranter #229

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Non toasted sandwiches come to mind. I'm usually freezing cold when sick, so I like borrowing heat from the food I am eating. Though not being a fan of tomatoes and onions may make my idea not super great for you. I am mostly just thinking high vitamin values to help your immune system out.

As for the cold weather comment, I realise that winter has only just started. But I found out we didn't leak test well enough the other day when we set out into the river the other day, so I may be biased to how cold it actually is here.
    I'll be honest I forgot about the winer comment. For what it's worth you're right it was snowing today. Weather is... -4 Celsius, so barely cold.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    A fun idea, but where would I get it? I've got... little in the way of food stores.
    An accounting of infusing you have on-hand might be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Look onions are to cooking what black is to clothing: it goes well with everything!
    Seconded. Garlic also.
    I find onions to be personally quite disgusting. It's just bad mouth feel. Onion powder is good don't get me wrong, but actual onions? Bleck.
    There's an Austrian dish I love to make where you wouldn't even notice the onions, they more or less just melt in your mouth. I'm assuming your distaste is with raw or large pieces of sautéed onion?
    I'll be honest I forgot about the winer comment. For what it's worth you're right it was snowing today. Weather is... -4 Celsius, so barely cold.
    28 Celsuis here. You live in a frozen wasteland of wintry horrors.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

No big deal. I just chuckle when I think about winter discussions on here, because they boil down to:

*Someone comments about cold winter weather*

Your response: "Not saying that that level of cold isn't bad, but I needed an icepick to get out the door today"

All while Peelee looks on in absolute horror.

EDIT: I was still typing when Peelee responded.

So I have now just assumed that all winter weather is 2 categories higher up there than it is down here.
    Last edited by Mith; 2020-10-22 at 01:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    An accounting of infusing you have on-hand might be useful.

Seconded. Garlic also.

There's an Austrian dish I love to make where you wouldn't even notice the onions, they more or less just melt in your mouth. I'm assuming your distaste is with raw or large pieces of sautéed onion?

28 Celsuis here. You live in a frozen wasteland of wintry horrors.
    I have... a box of kraft dinner and a box of mashed potatoes on hand.

No big deal. I just chuckle when I think about winter discussions on here, because they boil down to:

Your response: "Not saying that that level of cold isn't bad, but I needed an icepick to get out the door today"

So I have now just assumed that all winter weather is 2 categories higher up there than it is down here.
    God right I remember that happening what the ****. That was a cold ****ing day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Trying to think of different car accessories to get.

So far the list consists of

Seat Covers
    Additional floor mats (and keeping the really old ones to get traction in snow/ice.)
    Steering wheel cover.
    I may even go so far as to be That Girl and get driving gloves.

Any other things? I already have something hanging on my mirror, so no fuzzy dice or other distractions.
    Answer my girlfriends questions! I don't know to I'm not a car human! The only thing I can think of is "pride flag for your car antenna" and I legitimately do not know if cars even have antenna any more.

5. - Top - End - #155

You get a billion internet points.

ETA:
    Spoiler: Me when someone mentions below 20C temperatures before December
    Show
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-10-22 at 02:14 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Seat Covers
    Additional floor mats (and keeping the really old ones to get traction in snow/ice.)
    Steering wheel cover.

Any other things? I already have something hanging on my mirror, so no fuzzy dice or other distractions.
    Heated car seat if you don't have one, perhaps?

Do you need Driving Gloves along with a Steering wheel cover? Perhaps you do, I have never used either of those items.

I would check to see if there are any rules about hanging things from your mirror. I seem to recall some falling under distracted driving for size.

As far as other accessories (in no particular order, just thought dumping here):

if you have no antenna, you can still get car flags to fly what ever flag you wish.

Windshield cover that you put up on the inside of the car to block the sun when it sit's in the summer to keep it from getting to oven like temperatures

Snow chains

Back up camera

automatic start allowing you to get your vehicle to warm up without having to go out and turn it on

Fancy tire rims

===================

That's all for now.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Aaah, okay.

I mean that's... god man you do you but that food item sounds heinous to me.
    You frozen barbarian, you.

I mean it's food between two pieces of bread it's a sandwich.
    No, it's not. I'm telling you, it is not a sandwich: bread, onion, cheese and nothing ontop of the onion-cheese mix. I wrote slices in plural because unless you have very large loaves, you'd make a couple.

I find onions to be personally quite disgusting. It's just bad mouth feel. Onion powder is good don't get me wrong, but actual onions? Bleck.
    I'm not even going to respond to that.

Apology accepted. Don't worry not necessarily your fault- on good days a merry go round will leave me nearly unable to walk. I'm always low key nauseous as **** so it's easy to kill me.
    Okay, I am not a doctor or a nutritionnist, so don't take what I am telling you as gospel but everyday nausea is a symptom of the (surprisingly common*) milder form of lactose intolerance. Again, I have no idea what I am talking about.
    ETA:
    Spoiler: Me when someone mentions below 20C temperatures before December
    Show
    Spoiler: Me when someone mentions above 20 °C temperatures before June
    Show

*as in, actually it's being lactose tolerant that's unusual outside of Europe.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2020-10-22 at 02:30 PM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

have not checked, but pretty sure I do.

Do you need Driving Gloves along with a Steering wheel cover? Perhaps you do, I have never used either of those items.
    Most likely, no. The steering wheel cover would be mostly set it and forget it, the gloves would just be an additional layer of protection.

I would check to see if there are any rules about hanging things from your mirror. I seem to recall some falling under distracted driving for size.
    it's a very small religious trinket, there's no way it's illegal.

As far as other accessories (in no particular order, just thought dumping here):

if you have no antenna, you can still get car flags to fly what ever flag you wish.

Windshield cover that you put up on the inside of the car to block the sun when it sit's in the summer to keep it from getting to oven like temperatures

Snow chains

Back up camera

automatic start allowing you to get your vehicle to warm up without having to go out and turn it on

Fancy tire rims

===================

That's all for now.
    Have a backup camera.

Will look into snow chains. Have some other random snow gear.

Need to put jumper cables in now that I think of it.

Automatic start is not likely to happrn any time soon.

Depending how you classify fancy, I might have them. I think they're alloy rims.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2020-10-22 at 02:39 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

Seat Covers
    Steering wheel cover.

Millennium Falcon dice to hang from the mirror.
    Din Djarin FunkoPOP installed on the dashboard (top middle).
    Imperial Cog plate on the front license plate frame.
    Boba Fett steering wheel cover.
    Darth Vader floormats in the front seats, Stromtrooper floormats in the rear seats.
    Porg with suction cup hands stuck to rear driver's side window, placed mostly sideways to give the look of holding on at high speed.
    Twin Ion Engine 3D decal on rear bumper next to actual manufacturer 3D decals.
    .5 Hyperdrive 3D decal on rear bumper next to actual manufacturer 3D decals.
    Decidedly non-political "OBI-WAN KENOBI 20XX OUR ONLY HOPE" bumper sticker (update occasionally).
    Imperial stormtrooper cupholder inserts.
    501st license plate frame.
    Battle of Hoth landscape sunshade.
    Black Sun 12" logo window cling on bottom corner of rear window.

I think that's everything I have on my car so far. I wanted the front driver's side floor mat to also be a stormtrooper but you can't mix and match to that degree and I'd rather not be wasteful. Feel free to steal my exact aesthetics (I can provide links to some of the more esoteric ones, like the 3D decals, which are awesome and gave at least one mechanic pause) or just use it as a potential list of possible areas that you can customize*. I'm also planning on getting a full rear-window graphic at some point in the (hopefully near) future, at which point I will remove the Black Sun logo.

*Subject to laws in your area, of course.

10. - Top - End - #160

Snow chains

Back up camera

Fancy tire rims

===================

That's all for now.
    I like how all of these are vaguely ice themed. I would second the driving gloves just because they're stylish an idea.

Also snow chains are fascinating to me because I've... literally never seen them before. It's a thing that isn't used up here!

You frozen barbarian, you.

No, it's not. I'm telling you, it is not a sandwich: bread, onion, cheese and nothing ontop of the onion-cheese mix. I wrote slices in plural because unless you have very large loaves, you'd make a couple.

Okay, I am not a doctor or a nutritionnist, so don't take what I am telling you as gospel but everyday nausea is a symptom of the (surprisingly common*) milder form of lactose intolerance. Again, I have no idea what I am talking about.

Spoiler: Me when someone mentions above 20 °C temperatures before June
    Show

*as in, actually it's being lactose tolerant that's unusual outside of Europe.
    Yar har har, ice in me veins and such.

Oh, I hadn't realize that.

I refuse I am not lactose intolerant. I'm just naturally very sick all the time to the point where I never even recognize it as being sick anymore. I'm the boiled frog who has gotten used to it.

I love the series of gifs because like, it's not even cold. I could go out in a t-shirt and be mostly fine.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

I have this year found rice with canned fish (sardines, tuna, etc) to be a fairly simple comfort-food made entirely from things that keep for a long time. If you haven't actually got *any* food but what you listed it won't do you much good this time, but it's good stuff to keep on-hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile I'm slowly getting convinced that the volume of rain over here is slowly increasing from 'flood warnings' to 'dry terrain warnings', which means I should double check my dingy skills.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

13. - Top - End - #163

I do not see how that is in any way related to your significantly looser definition which includes people telling me what color something is as a fitting example.
    Okay, I wasn't going to do this, but seriously: Taking my definition of gaslighting and applying it to a situation where someone isn't trying to abuse someone, or deflect accusations of abuse, let alone exgeating it to an illogical extreme, is rather fallacious argueing.

A woman responded to an accusation of wrongdoing by trying to make me question my perception of reality and making me doubt whether the wrong doing had ever happened in the first place.

That is textbook gaslighting. Just like the abusive parent in my hypothetical example reacted to accusations of wrong doing by denying reality, trying to make the child doubt their perception of reality.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #164

If you're capable of realizing you'd go mad with power, you won't. That sorta thing sneaks up on people.
    Inadvertently going mad with power sneaks up on people.

If someone tells you who they are, believe them.
    Anyway, revisiting this: As I've said previously, pretty much the only thing that got me through high school was the thought that it would spite the abusive fifth-grade teacher who said I wouldn't;t get to highschool.

I'm trying to let go... But I'm not there yet. I'm still full of resentment for every bad teacher, every bully, every banker whose screwed my family over... (There's two I can think of: My mother and I were victims of that 'banks deliberately mishandle the processing of withdrawals and deposits to make you overdraft' thing from a couple of years ago with a little bit of just flat out stealing from my account, and the bank that owned our mortgage for most of my time in elementary school abused a loophole to claim we were squatters and have us evicted a couple of years after my dad died... And kept all of the mortgage payments we've made in the interim.)

Part of me hates the surgeon who suggested that we wait and try chemo before removing my father's cancerous lung to see if they could get away with only removing part of it. Several months of several different kinds of chemo later, it's progressed to stage four and there's nothing they can do when my father might have lived if they'd just taken the lung out when they first said they were going to.

I don't trust myself behind the wheel of a car becuase I'm impulsive and get distracted easily. What possible reason do you think I would have to trust myself with superhuman strength, bulletproof skin, or lightning vision when I have a legitimate reason to Show them, show them all!

If it's just something like being able to fly, it's hard to go mad with that, but...

I'm gonna be honest, if superpowers turn out to be, or become real, I'm more likely to be The Hulk than to be Spider-Man. As much as it pains me to say, I would not be responsible with any real personal power.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #165

Ah yes, The Hulk. A character who just wants to be left alone, just wants the world to stop hurting him, a character whose entire driving factor is "my life is terrible, life IS terrible for many, and I will be that outlet, because I am still a hero even though I am rage incarnate".

I don't believe you'd go mad with power because you've made it very clear you are far more aware of yourself than you're giving yourself credit.

And as a further note- you do not owe the people who hurt you forgiveness or acceptance.

And also as a note... I fully believe that you wouldn't go mad with power for the very same reason I know I would. Because when I look at myself, comparing how I read my own self next to you.

I don't know if there would be hesitation or not. And that lack of knowing, that inability to gauge just how far I'd go, is why I don't trust myself with any major super powers. **** I wouldn't even trust myself with a page of the Death Note. Because there is no knowing how far I'd go with just one page.

(all this... minor exaggeration aside, I do believe you have a better grasp of yourself than you are giving yourself credit for. Have a hug from me because you deserve it.)
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-10-22 at 06:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile I didn't even try to wait for power before going mad.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

17. - Top - End - #167

Ah yes, The Hulk. A character who just wants to be left alone, just wants the world to stop hurting him, a character whose entire driving factor is "my life is terrible, life IS terrible for many, and I will be that outlet, because I am still a hero even though I am rage incarnate".
    Not that Hulk. He's a sweetheart. His reaction to being told that Venom only wanted to bond with him to use his strength to kill Carnage was "So? Hulk strongest there is. Strong enough for all Hulk's friends."

But that's only one aspect of the Hulk: You've also got Joe-Fixit, the mob enforcer turned king-pin who ruled Vegas and cares more about personal freedom than right and wtong.

Or the Green Scar: "Never Stop Making Them Pay"

Or, if I may: The Devil Hulk, whose goal is to destroy the Human World becuase the Human World keeps hurting Bruce. Granted, this manifests in the form of destroying predatory companies and corrupt government/military officials, but still. This is the Hulk who ripped an immortal man's arms and legs off and buried him in a mountain becuase the man's fear of Nothing After Death led him to accidentally kill his son, cover it up, and both inadvertently and deliberately kill a bunch of innocent third parties.

The Hulk who beat a man into a coma becuase the man killed a twelve-year-old girl in a robbery.

The Hulk who liquified a woman who was being for mercy becuase she was complicit in the kidnapping and dehumanization of a child who had been accidentally turned into a gamma mutate and then kidnapped to cover up the fact that Gamma Irradiated crops weren't safe.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #168

I mean all you're really convincing me of is that western comics continue to dilute themselves with nonsense, really. I've never really trucked with the idea that the Hulk is evil. Misunderstood, sad, but never intentionally harming innocents because Banner is still in there. There can be shades to the Hulk, but naw, never a villain.

Hell, it only just occurred to me recently the "hulk speech" is... not the Hulk talking in a third person... it's Banner talking through the Hulk. "Hulk won't like this" is not a sign of Hulk's "dim witted" nature, it is a sign that Banner is in there and is giving them a warning; the side of him that is the Hulk will not like this.

19. - Top - End - #169

Hell, it only just occurred to me recently the "hulk speech" is... not the Hulk talking in a third person... it's Banner talking through the Hulk. "Hulk won't like this" is not a sign of Hulk's "dim witted" nature, it is a sign that Banner is in there and is giving them a warning; the side of him that is the Hulk will not like this.
    No, that's the Hulk talking.

Banner canonically has Disassociative Identity Disorder. Each "form" of the Hulk is a different Alter.

The Savage Hulk, the simple childlike personality that most people think of is a "Child" alter with aspects of Vengeful and Protector Alters. He emerges when Bruce is angry or afraid, acts to GTHO, and in general acts exactly the way Bruce did after an episode of abuse from his father.

Joe-Fixit, the "Gray Hulk," is essentially the rebellious teenage phase Bruce never went through made manifest... Though Incoming! has Joe himself suggest that he might, in part, be a manifestation of Child! Bruce's idea of a "Real Man." (Bruce apparently used to watch Classic Gangster Movies as a kid.)

(Joe's an interesting character: He's an unrepentant criminal but he hates people who pick on the weak. He's also the only one of Bruce's personality that acknowledges that they're mentally ill and wants to Do The Work to get better.)

Green Scar who branched off of the Savage Hulk is an Avenger: He exists to right wrongs against himself and those he cares about no matter the cost.

Professor Hulk is Bruce's ideal image of himself...

And Devil Hulk? A loving, protective father through the lens of a child who associates fathers with fear and pain. He loves Bruce and the Big Guy unconditionally and takes it real personal when someone hurts them but is without a doubt a monster who can and will kill you if you piss him off by hurting Bruce, hurting another child, or being a crappy parent.

Manifested in the real World, Devil Hulk has the same look as the Savage Hulk or The Green Scar, an eight-foot-tall barrelchested brick ****house. But his powers are far more eldritch and horrifying: Savage Hulk regenerates. Devil Hulk remotely controls his severed body members and amalgamates back together into a slurry of flesh and blood that reconstitutes back into his own body around the man who cut him apart in the first place. He later describes this event as "ate a guy. He was annoying."

In Bruce's mind, Devil manifests as a ten-foot-tall humanoid serpent. (Bruce had been reading Paradise Lost the night Devil Hulk first manifested.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hulk is Chaotic Neutral. There's so many version of the Hulk that can be Chaotic Evil. Except for the intelligent Hulk. I don't think he's that Chaotic or Evil in the sense that he's rational and calm compared to the other Hulks.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

21. - Top - End - #171

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoi View Post
    Does that mean that the current MCU Hulk is the result of Banner permanently taking on one of his alternate personalities?

And if so, in psychological terms is he "cured", or has he sunk further into insanity?
    Yes and no: Integration is a treatment for DID wherein therapy is used to merge the alters back into the host personality. When successful, you get a complete person with full memories of all the alters and, ideally, only the best personality traits of each alter...

But some people are against it, suggesting that such a "cure" is tantamount to murdering the alters to help the host or even murdering the alters and the host to make a new person entirely. We really don't have enough information on consciousness and the concept of "self" to say if alters are the original person with temporary amnesia acting on differant emotions or if they're separate people in their own right, so the ethics and morality of integration are a matter of philosophical debate right now.

Banner in the MCU, assuming that his current state isn't a sitch like what led to professor Hulk(they tried Integration Therapy and screwed it up, creating a New Alter who was what Banner thought the combination of himself, Joe, and Savage would be like) is functional, but whether he's "cured" is a matter of debate.

An alternative to Integration Therapy that some people swear by is using therapy to make the Alters aware of each other, have multiple alters aware at the same time, treat each alters individual issues, and burry any alters that can't or won't work with the host or other personalities deep in the subconscious with the ultimate goal being having the Alters and Host share control and work together... I've only seen anecdotal evidence that this works, but supposedly when it's successful you get a functional person... But a very weird one.

Interestingly, right now in the comics, Bruce seems to be trying for coexistence, swapping between himself and the Hulks as needed and conferencing with the active personalities before making major decisions.

(To go back: Bruce, Joe, Savage, and Devil took a vote on whether to let Venom bond with them and fight Carnage. Bruce and Savage were for, Devil was against, Joe didn't care.)

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

I'm vaguely acquainted with a few plural systems (plurality is a broader term; as I understand it DID is specific to cases where it is actually causing problems in daily life, i.e. where it's a disorder rather than a difference). Mostly by way of Discord, plus one friend-of-a-friend who I met once to lend a hand with moving. They generally seem to be doing fine being multiple, and in general, dislike suggestions of integration as a goal unless a given personality is causing serious problems. Incidentally, as far as I'm aware, the generally preferred term seems to be "headmate" rather than "alter"? Presumably due to the shift in emphasis towards different-people-on-shared-hardware rather than variants-of-one-person.

Quite a few of those systems seem to be doing well at conscious awareness-of and cooperation-with their assorted members. Not all – but even when there's little or no shared memory, there's other ways to pass information and cooperate, especially if shifting is controllable and/or direct communication is possible (but even without that, one can write a note).
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2020-10-22 at 11:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #173

BlackDragon

Look onions are to cooking what black is to clothing: it goes well with everything!
    ...apple pie? Meringue?

24. - Top - End - #174

Not apple pie, but the original pumpkin pie was less a literal pie and more an apple and onion based soup cooked in a pumpkin shell.

I've got a recipe I want to try(got it from an episode of Good Eats) where you clean out a sugar pie pumpkin, oil dow the rind, fill it with chicken stock, peeled and diced apples, and onions, pop it in the oven let the pumpkin and the ingredients inside cook, then when it's done you pull it out, go in with a scraper to get all of the soft cooked pumpkin flesh into the soup and then take a stick blender to it make it all nice and smooth.

Traditionally it would be served in the shell and everyone would eat directly from that, but... I think I'd let it rest then partition it out into individual bowls for... You know, basic reasons of sanitation.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #175

If anyone's curious my eventually decision was to order a hawaiian cheeseburger and some curly fries from a fast food place. Thank you for all your food suggestions; they were disgusting and also lovely, and very much appreciated.

May ask my dad to try to make Chicken Carbonera this weekend though.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-10-23 at 02:05 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

If anyone's curious my eventually decision was to order a hawaiian cheeseburger and some curly fries from a fast food place. Thank you for all your food suggestions; they were disgusting and also lovely, and very much appreciated.

I hope that it was delicious, and also that you feel better!
    And also that your "balmy" weather both stays for you and away from me.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Spaghetti is always good. I've got some minced meat in the fridge, and I've been thinking of how to use it before the expiry date.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but is a Hawaiian cheeseburger a cheeseburger with pineapple, à la Hawaiian pizza? Because that sounds ... I think "interesting" is the appropriate euphemism.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

And now I want a pineapple pizza.

Show

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    I'm probably going to regret asking this, but is a Hawaiian cheeseburger a cheeseburger with pineapple, à la Hawaiian pizza? Because that sounds ... I think "interesting" is the appropriate euphemism.
    Probably.

Generally speaking, hamburgers with pineapple on them also have teriyaki sauce.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2020-10-23 at 02:55 PM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.