Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Aelita's Allure [IC]

OOC Thread

It's early evening, and you've finished with your classes for the day. You boot up (or just go to) your computer, and check on the project's status for IT 101. It looks like Aelita's already made a group chat-that's convenient.

Hello everyone! This will be our little chat for the IT 101 First Project. I had some free time earlier, so decided I'd get it all ready.

Her avatar for the IMing program is what looks like a sci-fi character from some videogame, judging by the 3d modeling.

Spoiler: The Avatar
    Show

But, time to get to know her.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Your first roll is starting right now!

Unopposed. DC 2 earns you 1 VP, DC 4 earns you 3 VP, DC 8 earns you 5 VP, and if you somehow manage to get DC 16, earn a nice 7 VP.
    Skill d6 or Allure d6 may be used here.
    If you use an autosuccess ability, I will treat it as hitting DC 8, not 16.

For anyone new to HSHC, IMPORTANT NOTE! Do NOT roll! Just post what type of roll you are using, and what bonuses or penalties apply. Once everyone posts, I will roll for everyone simultaneously, and award VP.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aelita's Allure [IC]

First to respond is apparently a stack of plant pots, accompanied by a delightfully weedy bush providing a dash of color.

Hi! I should probably say: I have no idea what we're actually supposed to be doing. They had me at the Department of Homeland Security during our first class.

No name seems to be forthcoming... yet.

Spoiler: Avatar and OOC
    Show
    Non Sequitur: Change the roll into Luck (for myself), and rolling with a total -2 penalty. Not accounting for any penalties others might impose, of course. If I fail, Destiny's Bond to succeed!
    Last edited by NontheistCleric; 2020-10-11 at 10:38 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

The second response comes from someone who was both savvy and confident enough to make their own face the avatar, in advance. Judging by the avatar she’s got brown hair on the shorter side, a caramel complexion, and the jersey of a sports team called The Scorpions with a little scorpion logo and a mostly black color scheme. It was a pose indicative of collectible sports memorabilia. Some of you might know that they are the schools official basketball team with the school mascot, Sammy Scorpion. They sure crushed the Bumblebees last game.

hey

It said at first. After a few minutes of uncertainty it continued.

wyd? Just chillin’ over here. Let me know what’s up with this project I’ve already got some stuff started cause I don’t have a lot of free time. GO SCORPIONS!

Spoiler
    Show
    I’m rolling for Skill. That should be Competitive Spirit for +1 on all rolls being done by everyone simultaneously.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2020-10-12 at 02:09 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Judging by the pots' reply, whoever is behind them does not know about The Scorpions, and didn't look closely enough at the picture to make a connection.

Yes! My favorite arachnid, at least on principle! But there was this spider in the library at my old school, and I got really invested when it laid eggs, so now they're my second favorite.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

A new avatar appears, of a girl with wild strawberry-blonde hair and the cutest little weiner dog! A series of short quick messages pop up:

"Hi all hope you're all having a lovely day

Had to borrow a buddy's phone, long story

Anyway I'm Morrigan.

Sorry in advance

lol

I'll try to pull my weight

and make up for stuff going weird

Inperson meetings might be good more often

Just to make sure y'all have backups of my stuff

In case something goes wrong

I can bring homemade snacks!

...usually anyway >.>"

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Skill. Using "Prepared For Anything" and "Good Cook" via the promise of providing homemade snacks. :3

Luck +1 and School Queen +2 to ace the luck check.

Prepared For Anything +2, Good Cook +2, total Skill +4.

Currently Recruiting: rogue_alchemist's The Thing.

6. - Top - End - #6

I'm pretty busy with some personal stuff, so not sure when we could meet in-person, Aelita responds. And I'm a bit surprised that you've got a favorite arachnid-most people just hate them all!

Once Chloe gets her patoot in here, we'll get down to the nitty-gritty, though.

Show
    Just a general note-I'm going to leave what the project is kinda vague, since honestly, it don't matter much.

Once I get the roll out of the way, we'll skip past a few hours of work on the project, and then focus back in on interactions.

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #7

Hey guys, sorry I'm late. I've been working on getting a google docs up. Here's the link.....

.... Wait no, don't click that! Um. Uh. This is the link. That's uh nothing.

Spoiler
    Show

Strong Allure, Doujinshi Enthusiast:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8

..favorite? Is that a joke? lol

Was a delayed reply. How could someone be confused? Have some school spirit!

that's okay.l

Riley replied to Aelita herself, then someone else posted a link which Riley quickly clicked on, of course.

And quickly closed.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2020-10-13 at 03:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Oh, how mysterious! the pots reply to Aelita. And yes, it's a little strange, but I'm not joking. My favorite animal overall is probably some kind of bird, but they all have their charm! Except cockroaches and flies. I used to fight cockroaches all the time and I almost screamed every time they flew at my face.

Shortly after, the name beside the picture finally changes from the unenlightening [email protected] to 'Timothy Wong'.

Just figured how how to change my name on this!

10. - Top - End - #10

What? Am I not allowed to have a life outside this group? :P

With that little joke and Chloe pulling up the RIGHT google doc, you start working. You've got time before the project is due, but you're all responsible enough to know procrastination is a bad idea.

About two and a half hours later, you're feeling pretty good about the progress that was made, and it's getting a bit late-not so late you couldn't snag a meal, but late enough that not everywhere would be open.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

So I'm getting hungry, who wants to get a bite to eat? Chloe asks the group.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #12

You mean together? asks Timothy. Well, why not?

...although I don't know this city very well at night yet. Is it dangerous?

He isn't exactly scared; just wanting to know if he should be combat-ready.

You know you sound ridiculous when you say things like 'combat-ready', don't you? comments a dry voice in the back of his mind.

Then I suppose it's too bad you're the only one who has to listen.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

"IME yes

but then again that's kinda my life so

im bad at gauging these things

maybe dangerous?

eh

Im good for gettin food"

14. - Top - End - #14

Afraid I can't really go, Aelita posts. Sorry all!

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Don't worry! The time will come when we see you in the flesh. One day!

16. - Top - End - #16

So we all good to go then?

17. - Top - End - #17

You agree on a place of eating, and go there. Once you get there, a bit of discussion happens about Aelita, but not too much-you've other things to talk about, after all.

Eventually, you retire to bed, since you DO have class tomorrow. Come the morning, you awaken to a message from Aelita in the group chat. A lot of messages, actually.

Hey! How's the eating? Food, and all. You know.

Sorry, was that weird? I know I can come off as weird.

[MESSAGE DELETED]

Ignore that-stupid glitches, you know.

But, um...

So, this is gonna sound weird.

[MESSAGE DELETED]

But could I... You know, could you just, do something, like... Put me on a FaceTime call at class today? I can't, um, actually show up.

[MESSAGE DELETED]

I've got a condition. I don't really want to go into details about it, but I don't... Get out. At all. And it'd be nice to have something like that? And I think that might help?

Sorry to bother you. I just... Um... Sorry.

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #18

I.... think so.... We might need to ask the teacher though. Chloe types back.

19. - Top - End - #19

Nothing wrong with weird, Timothy chimes in, and no need to be sorry. First, we ask the teacher, but if the answer's no, then we do it secretly! And secretly is always more fun.

20. - Top - End - #20

Thank you! Thank you all, so much! she types back. I really appreciate this.

Show
    So, this next roll is a two-parter.

First off, Conflict! The teacher isn't really in favor of this, so you gotta be confrontational to get 'em to agree. This is unopposed, since you're all working together to get Aelita's FaceTime. In fact, let's make it a Team Roll-you're all on the same side for this case. Whoever makes the main roll gets 4 VP on a success, but loses 1 VP on a failure. All who assist gain 2 VP on a success and nothing on a failure.
    The DC is 7.

Second off, following that (succeed or fail) will be a luck roll-opposed. This will award 2 VP to whoever is lucky enough to be the one to get Aelita on the call.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

Alright, types Timothy, then FaceTime us now. But don't say anything yet. Just show your face. Look earnest.

The doors of the lecture theatre swing open dramatically as Timothy strides through them holding a phone in front of himself, screen turned forward. Aelita's face shows on it, though Timothy walks up to face the Professor so quickly that none of the other students have time to properly see her.

"Professor," he begins, "I know what you are going to say. We all know how opposed you are to the sanctity of your classroom being desecrated by any infernal bit of electronic artifice like this FaceTime call. But look closer, Professor! The matter at hand is not FaceTime, it is your student! Due to circumstances that cannot be disclosed in this public arena,"—he sweeps a hand to indicate the rest of the class—"she is unable to attend your class in the physical sense! And yet, she so desires to benefit from your expertise—your erudition, sir, that is so scarce with parallel in this institution—that she has sought this alternate means! Sir, you are an educator. As her classmates, we beg you not to demand that we terminate this call! You would be well within your rights to. But please, do not."

He pauses, eyes still locked intensely with Professor McGilly's, the hands clasped with the phone in them almost in a gesture of prayer.

Show
    Strong Conflict roll (+1), still to decide whether this is the main roll or an assisting one.

Using Non Sequitur to change the Luck roll to a Conflict roll (for Timothy). As an opposed roll with Strength, total bonus is +1. Using Odd Roll and Foresight so that any even number is converted to 6 and any odd number is doubled. On a result of 1 (which would become 2), Sealed Power to reroll it.

I wrote Timothy as holding the phone on which the FaceTime happens, but if someone else wins the Luck roll, then I suppose Aelita actually called them and he just held their phone for purposes of the dramatic speech, returning it after he was done.

22. - Top - End - #22

Confrontational, Chloe could do confrontational.

Or she could do..... Mr.McGilly, my friend. Stack of Benjamins begs you to reconsider. She said pulling out her wallet, and passing a stack of bills right into the teacher's hand with a pat.

Spoiler
    Show

Main roll, hired muscle.

23. - Top - End - #23

Professor McGilly's head turns first towards Timothy, and then his eyes slide over to Chloe. He takes the money, and nods. "Alright. Alright, you can have your phone out. Might want to get it checked out, though-screen's a bit funny."

When you look at [WINNER OF THE LUCK ROLL]'s phone, you see it's on FaceTime, but Aelita's not there. It's just kinda full of static and white noise-along with a lot of notifications from the group chat.

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #24

Timothy checks the group chat to see what the notifications were about.

25. - Top - End - #25

WAIT DON'T CALL!

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE!

Please check the phone!

Please!

I can't!

Show
    Show

Show

26. - Top - End - #26

Oh! Well, it doesn't seem to be working, so... we have successfully failed to call, I suppose. Everything okay?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Morrigan doesn't even bother trying to convince the teacher - the others have already convinced them, and her 'helping' would do more harm than good. Instead she starts seeing if she can get her phone to work. Unfortunately, in her haste, her phone clatters to the floor at probably the worst angle. A quick check confirms that the casing has cracked where the battery is and something's gone screwy inside. "****, I think I left the burner at home..." she grumbles. Thankfully, one of her classmates was willing to lend the phone for the purposes of getting Aelita available - although for obvious reasons, they insisted on Morrigan telling them what needed to be done, rather than just handing her the phone.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Living Jinx/Murphy's Law: Even just being nearby is enough to get swept up in the Murphy Family Curse, if it's a big enough event. Three times per episode, every girl rolling in this scene must roll twice and take the worst roll, including you. If another player uses Contingency Plan, they ignore this effect; if you use Contingency Plan, the two powers cancel out for your personally, letting you roll as normal.
    When I initially wrote this ability, the intention was that it was Dazzling Display, but 3/episode instead of 2/episode, in exchange for also applying to the girl who used it. Dazzling Display has similar language to the bolded text, but I'm unsure if the expectation was that a given scene would only have one roll in it (which is usually what happens). Would "Murphy's Law" apply to both rolls, since they're in the same scene, or just one?

Conflict: weak roll -1, total -1. Autofail.

Luck: strong roll +1, accident-prone +2, school queen +2, total +5. If "Murphy's Law" only applies to a single roll, then I'm applying it to this one. If it applies to both, I'm still using it, it just also maybe trips up people's assist Conflict rolls.

28. - Top - End - #28

It takes a bit to sort everyone's phone back to the right person. Class takes a bit to start, considering the teacher is busy counting his fat stack, but soon enough, it has begun.

You leave the phone facing the teacher or whatever is needed for focus as you work on the assignments and listen to the lectures.

Once class is done, you've got at least half an hour to yourselves before your next class. What will you do?

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

So what do you wanna do?

30. - Top - End - #30

As you ponder what to do, you see a campus security vehicle pull up near you. The man in the passenger seat-a thickly built guy, with a layer of pudge over his muscles-gets out. He walks, not exactly towards you, but not subtly enough to avoid making clear that it's you all he's interested in.

Show
    Show

Show