New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars [IC]

1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Star Wars [IC]

OOC Thread

You find yourself on Xeres Prime. A temperate world, though wracked by intense storms, it's a reasonably popular destination for thrillseekers and daredevils.

Ghix is here quite possibly for that reason. Hover-diving during a Xeres storm is supposed to be an adrenaline-pumping experience, and one everyone should try at least once.
    Lily is here with Ylenic, delivering cargo. The Republic has sent a small shipment of food and supplies through Ylenic on a humanitarian effort, and while the job isn't the best paying, it's for a good cause.
    Fino is here on her own. Not on a mission for once, or looking to collect a bounty, she's instead found a cold trail from what was supposed to be a promising lead.

The first to arrive is Ghix, followed not long after by Lily, into a dive bar in the capital. Ylenic is not present, as he told Lily he had to see an old friend on his own. The bar is crowded and brightly lit, with music pumping just loud enough to make it hard to hear. Fino is the last to enter, and does so just as the music enters a soft section, leaving her metal limbs clanking on the floor quite noticeable. Ghix didn't get any looks. Lily got a few-a droid on their own being a touch odd. Fino gets the whole bar staring.

What will you do?
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars [IC]

Fino tries to hiss, a noise usually made by passing air through her spiracles.
    But she doesn't have spiracles. So instead she simply states, in a somewhat robotic voice: "any eyes I see in five are my lunch." And she then moved up to the bar, her legs stabbing into the floor as she went.
    "Meat," she said simply. "I require meat."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Ghix was alone at his table, enjoying the anonymity provided by his travels far from the core worlds, where he would have been certain to garner more looks from the locals. Out here, people still knew his name. But his face?
    The man could kick back and relax. The last few days at home had been particularly awful, what with the new Senator Palpatine at the head of the Senate. His parents had been strong proponents of the man and they had spent the last days celebrating 'their' victory. Which doesn't sound inherently awful, but when the wealthy of Alderaan 'celebrate' it means that they attend formal dinners where they have empty conversation full of flattery and niceties. 'Tedious' couldn't even begin to describe it.
    He had accepted to attend a few - because he needed his dad's money for his next venture - but had finally gotten away from all that bantha crap.
    He sighed in relief: 'this was the life,' he thought. Surrounded by thieves and thrill seekers, weirdoes, twilek entertainers and... Wow... Killer robots?
    His eyes stopped (as everyone else's) on the metallic creature that entered the bar. He could only raise a brow when it spoke to demand meat. He felt a familiar pang in his stomach, the one he usually felt right before something good was about to happen. Was it a bounty hunter sent after him? He had made a few enemies during his travels and it wouldn't be the first time someone tried to off him. But in this place? He doubted it.
    He had an urge to stand and greet the thing, but he decided to simply keep an eye on it for now - he had a feeling things would get interesting and he wanted to wait for the perfect moment to jump in.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-18 at 07:29 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Fino tries to hiss, a noise usually made by passing air through her spiracles.
    But she doesn't have spiracles. So instead she simply states, in a somewhat robotic voice: "any eyes I see in five are my lunch." And she then moved up to the bar, her legs stabbing into the floor as she went.
    "Meat," she said simply. "I require meat."
    The crowd hurries to look anywhere but at Fino. She can still tell some people are trying to look without being noticed, but they're at least being subtle about it.

The woman behind the bar, looking quite nervous, says "Erm... I can have the chef get some meat ready, but it will cost a few credits... Do you want it cooked at all?"

Show
    Show

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"No," Fino said, and her one robotic eye opened up to her trade code. She transferred the credits needed and with a quick glance realized two things:
    One, there were no free tables.
    Two, that guy (Ghix) was looking right at her.
    Fino spiked up to the table and locked her mechanical legs into place at a crouch in lieu of taking a seat.
    "Is it polite to stare where you are from, stranger?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #6

Flumph

The man sighs: 'Oh... It's absolutely impolite. But where I'm from, every darn thing is and I just can't right now. That's why I'm here, actually - to get away from it for a while and just be myself.' he hesitates for an instant, then extends a hand: 'Ghix. And you are?'
    Ghix sounds very dramatic when he speaks and he gesticulates a lot.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-18 at 11:46 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

When Lily entered the bar, she found a nice wall to stand by and parked her silver plate colored body there. She would have sat at a booth, but the place seemed rather busy with sounds and people. She kept herself company by talking to herself in her own head. The noisy cyborg Yam'rii's entrance caught her attention and seemingly the rest of the bar's attention. She tried not to stare, though that is sometimes hard without eyelids. After the cyborg walked off, Lily walks up to the bar and asks in a female voice, "Would you like my assistance? I am programmed to assistant in etiquette, customs, and languages." She offers the nervous women, "I could bring the tall one's order to her." She was trying to help the women avoid a potentially difficult situation, and she was curious about the Yam'rii, an usual sight.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Fino looked at the hand and twitched her long, toothy claws. "I am Fino Lessio Siathra. A Yam’rii warrior." A spark lit up in her beck and she swore, doubling over for a second before regaining her composure.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9

Flumph

Ghix half-smiles and retracts his hand, all the while thinking this creature had spotted and approached him far too easily and quickly for his taste: 'Well, I say, 'tis a pleasure to meet you. Having problems with your tech? I have a great droid back at my ship - cutting edge, truly, state of the art. It can probably take a look at that for you, if need be. Now, if I may be so bold - what brings you here, to Xeres, Fino Lessio Siathra? Are you a, uh, bounty hunter, by any chance?'
    As he finishes his sentence his hand instinctively moves towards the hilt of his vibrorapier and the muscles in his legs tense slightly, ready to pounce at the creature if he detects hostile intent. But his face and demeanor remain perfectly calm - indeed, only an expertly trained eye could detect his slight nervousness right now.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-18 at 04:09 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

"My tech was designed by chitinless incompetents hiding in a lab instead of fighting their wars like an arthropod would. There is much that is poorly done."
    Also, they never actually finished.
    "I am a bounty hunter, Ghix. Why do you ask?" If Fino noticed Ghix’s nervousness, she didn’t show it as she looked back to the bar. "How long does it take to not cook meat!?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

"Right away!" the woman says, and practically runs back to the kitchen. You can see, through the doorway, an irate-looking chef, who takes one look at Fino, grabs a slab of uncooked rib meat, and sends it her way while ducking into the safety of the back.

Show
    Show

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Zerra walks into the bar, The Force having guided her here. Sometimes the Force was like a hound, tracking down scents that even she couldn't see. It did nothing to diminish her academic view of it. Let mysticism and wonder be a thing for the monks. She dealt in matters more practical. The Luka Sene didn't exactly know how the Force knew when someplace would be important or why certain people would turn out to be important, but it was always right in some form or manner, but not always in the ways one expected. The Jedi just said it was "destiny", but for her it was more interesting to speculate on other possibilities. But the How is not important right now, what matters is that she is here, the place that was important for her to be here. She cast her gaze around: to her the bar was mostly black and white, shades of grey. Most of the people were those shades of white and grey that were just normal people, not bad not good, just decent. The ones who catch her gaze are Ghix and Fino, they had that important look about them Ghix being more clearly blue and therefore of the light Fino.....more of a darker grey but not bad, and that droid, Lily....well it looks like a moving object to her: black with white lining. No Force. But still important. It had been strange to get used to see the presence of droids, these mechanical moving voids where previously the closest thing to them she knew of were repulsorlifts.

Yes, she had found the individuals that were important. For what she did not know. But that was what she was here to find out. The white haired woman with a blindfold over nonexistent eyes will walk over at the same table as Ghix and Fino.
    "Hello, mind if I sit here? You three seem like interesting individuals. Hello, I'm Zerra Nil. What are your names?"
    She will order some local ale and sit idly, relaxed. She has a lightsaber on her belt, but she isn't advertising it or anything.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

13. - Top - End - #13

Flumph

Ghix had to shake his head in disbelief... First he is approached by a metallic warrior, then the 3PO unit that brings raw meat to the creature decides to stick around and lastly a... Jedi?! just decides to sit down at their table and have a casual chat. He couldn't believe all this was happening here, on Xeres Prime. What were the odds?
    Then again, odds were always in his favor - or at least most of the time - but in this case he didn't know if he should applaud or simply run away. In any case, judging by her response, he didn't suspect Fino of being after him anymore and having a Jedi around meant he was well protected anyways. He felt a bit more at ease; by default, she would probably defend him against any enemies attacking in plain sight... speaking of sight: was the Jedi blind? Out of curiosity, while he answers, Ghix waves his hand before the woman's eyes, just to see how she would react.
    'The name's Ghix. Pleased to meet you, Zerra. This is Fino - we just met - and our metallic friend is... Come on, don't be shy. You're sticking around, so you might as well introduce yourself. Take a seat.' After the droid responds he turns his attention back to Zerra: 'Neat weapon you have there. You know, only the Jedi wear those - or someone who could kill one. Which one are you, tell me? And what brings you out here?'
    He slicks his mustache as he ends his sentence.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-19 at 05:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

As soon as the conversation begins properly, it's cut short by four black-clothed men. They rush into the bar, blasters ready, and shout "Everyone on the ground!"

One has his blaster aimed at Ghix, while the others keep their's level against the crowd. The one who's been focusing on Ghix seems to take notice of Fino, but keeps his blaster steady, not cowed by the mere sight of the cyborg.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Seconds Earlier...
    Show
    At the mention of "someone who could kill a jedi," Fino nearly winced. It was a painful process, but so were most movements.
    Fino decided to pay more mind to the 3PO unit. Those were rare, and she might even be able to have a private talk if it spoke...
    With a hiss more metallic than Fino would have liked, she greeted the 3PO unit in Yam'rii.
    <I am happy to meet you, if only so that I can say my true name,> Fino said before letting out another low, long hiss that, were it not for her mechanical pieces, would have blended into the rustling of tall blades of grass, a peaceful sound... a sound that comes before massive claws close around you.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I have just decided that Grievous (Qymaen jai Sheelal) with only one lightsaber at this point (whichever color of blue or green Zerra happens to have unless she wants a different one) is the one who actually defeated Fino and brought her to the scientists.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-08-19 at 05:39 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Zerra opens her mouth
    "Hey now, I know you don't know any better but-"
    Then the guys in the black burst in
    "Really?"
    She wonders to herself. The Force had better not brought her here just to deal with these guys. She reacts supernaturally fast, her lightsaber flying to her hand and deflecting the blaster shots that comes flying towards with its yellow blade as she rushes like a ninja towards the assailant closest to her to cut them down, to kill if they are red/darkside, to merely cut their blaster the knock them out with a chop to their neck if white/neutral to her vision.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Fino does not get on the ground, but makes no move to fight the newcomers. She was in no rush to leap into the path of a laser sword.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

The shots are, unbeknownst to Zerra's sightlessness, a mottled blue instead of the normal color of a blaster. But they deflect all the same, two going straight up and punching a light out, and the other zapping back at an angle and knocking the hinge off a door.

Zerra's senses show these hostiles as a dim grey, with shades of red. Certainly not good people, but perhaps not as sinister as their actions might make them out to be.

Show
    While this is freeform, I would like to mediate with dice rolls to some extent. I'd like to use a d100, though if you feel like rolling something else, totally fine. High good, low bad.

In this case, while these aren't total schmucks, they're not elite assassins either. So I'll roll a die to see how well they defend against Zerra, with each full 20 points of the roll leaving one of them conscious.

(1d100)[66]

The first assailant has his blaster sliced in two by Zerra's lightsaber, and is swiftly knocked prone by her. The other three, though, bring their blasters around and she is forced to focus solely on defense while a withering stream of blue bolts comes her way.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2021-08-19 at 05:46 PM.

Show
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Fino took a bite of meat. "You're doing very well!" She told the jedi, shredding the food outside of her head to swallow it.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Zerra doesn't look at Finno. She is too busy defending herself. She just says in response.
    "Surely you wouldn't mind handling one then."
    While she blocks the blaster fire with one hand, she uses her left hand to telekinetically throw the leftmost gunner at Finno's general direction so she can focus on blocking the other two blasters.

21. - Top - End - #21

Flumph

As the action breaks out, Ghix kicks over his table and ducks behind it. He draws his DC-17 hand blaster and takes careful aim. As soon as Zerra knocks the first opponent prone, he immediately shoots to stun, taking them out of the fight.
    As she pushes a second one aside with the force, Ghix hesitates, but noticing Fino doesn't react, he quickly takes down the second one, too.
    'Bah! Too easy, when a jedi is involved...' he thinks to himself.
    Wanting in on the fun, Ghix hops over the table and draws his vibrorapier, which activates with a characteristic electrical hum.
    The noble feels like he's seen these specific blasters before. He can't exactly remember where they are from, but he knows they don't spell anything good.
    He spreads his arms as he walks towards the two remaining assaillants, more trying to distract them and create an opening with his taunt than anything else:
    'You must be here for me, yes? Who did I piss off this time?'

22. - Top - End - #22

One of the remaining goons snarls out "You'll find out soon!" as he tries to land some shots on Ghix.

The other one turns tail and starts to run.

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Fino snaps into attention hearing Ghix talk about all his enemies. If he was worth a bounty, she would need to wait for the Jedi to leave. And that wouldn’t happen until...
    She raked her massive claw, shutting it on the arm of the one aiming at Ghix.
    "Tell us now before I become hungry for a left hand, as well."
    Spoiler: Star Wars
    Show
    We got our first hand-chopping done.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Sorry! I didn't realize the meat was given to Lilly! I thought the bartender was delivering it.

Before Fight:
    Lily halfway turns around toward the pc's table when Fino shouts for meat. She turns back to the bartender as she answers in turn. Her sensors make mechanical noises as she focuses her eyes on the irate chef in the back. Her head follows the bartender as she leaves the kitchen, and Lily reaches to accept the plate. She says to the bartender, "I will deliver this food," and says a casual, "Thank you." She holds the plate with two hands and turns to walk to the pc's table.

Lily brings the plate with raw meat to the table and serves Fino. Her vocabulator hisses back in Yam'rii, "Hello. I lack the biology for a traditional greeting, but I offer my sincere greetings to you," and she adds Fino's real name to the exchange. She switches back to basic, "I am lll3. I go by Lilly." She takes a step back and sticks around. She eyes Zerra's lightsaber. In fact, she will eye all their belongings as she stands there.

Action:
    Lily startles and recoils in response to the men pulling blasters on everyone. She panics as a fight immediately breaks out and makes a frightened noise in droid binary. She sees Zerra ragdoll a person towards the table, and Ghix stun them. She swears she sees him still moving, probably the stun still taking hold, but in a panic she will pick up the nearest drinking glass and join in on ganging up on the man to try to smash the glass on the guy's back.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Zerra will reach out to telekinetically grab the fleeing goon with her left hand, pulls the goon to her then knocks him out with a kick snapping straight to the head then turns to hold her lightsaber at the ready to defend from the final one.
    "Looks like you four walked into the wrong bar...I'd recommend giving up."
    She comments wryly.

26. - Top - End - #26

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    One of the remaining goons snarls out "You'll find out soon!" as he tries to land some shots on Ghix.
    Ghix nimbly tries to avoid the blaster shot, rolling to the side to take cover.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-20 at 08:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

The goons are all thoroughly incapacitated or ready to surrender. The ones that are still conscious drop their blasters.

The one missing his hand howls in pain, and you see the hand on the ground shift from a tanned Human appendage to a Clawdite's hand.

Meanwhile, the patrons of the bar are staring at the incident. Given the display of violence that just went down, they're still on the ground, a few standing with great hesitation, but still quite worried.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Fino, noticing that her interrogation wasn't getting any answers besides "ow, my arm," impaled one of the blasters on her claws to lift it up into view of her camera to scan its origins.

Show
    I assume the higher the better? (1d100)[77]
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Show
    Correct.

Her examination is thorough, and Fino learns a few details.

First off, the blaster is illegally modified for stunning with pain, as Ghix knew from the color of the bolts.
    Second off, it appears to have been modified with materials from the Xeres system-not the Prime world itself, but Torsion, a much harsher world that is the source of a large amount of the drugs the Xeres Conglomerate deals with.
    And finally, it's been illegally modified in a second way. In the Xeres system, all blasters are required to be hardcoded to a user, usually using fingerprint or genetic match. These ones have been jailbroken, and can be used by anyone-if one were to search through the mechanism for hardcoding it, though, you could likely find the original user.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Flumph

Ghix rises and dusts off his expensive looking white robes. He holsters his blaster and sheathes his blade. With a dramatic 'A-hem' he tries to grab everyone's attention and shouts: 'Sorry about that everyone. Not sure what those ruffians wanted but, uh, have a drink on me - the lot of you!'
    Then, he steps towards Fino and addresses her with his indoor voice: 'I've seen such blasters before - the blasts stun, but also cause excruciating pain. Nasty affair, truly. Have you learned anything in particular from your inspection?'
    Having heard her answer, he simply says, with a serious expression: 'How quaint! Let's do that. But first I need some answers here.'
    He grabs one of the unconscious thugs by the collar, pulls him towards the closest table with a bench, painstakingly sits him on it and orders two drinks. Once the drinks arrive, but after the person who brought it leaves, he pulls out his blaster and presses it against the unconscious beings stomach. With his free hand, he takes a long sip from one of the glasses and then proceeds to throw the second ordered beverage into the unconscious thug's face, with the hopes of waking them up.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

I realize this posts is happening over the course of a few minutes, so feel free to add any actions your characters might do during all of this. I can even modify some details of the sequence if your own actions interact with mine
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2021-08-20 at 02:00 PM.