New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Durahan Vs. Sirfetch'd

Ok, I want to do a battle analysis on the two knights who will win in a fight. Durahan from the Monster Rancher anime and video game series and Sirfetch'd from Pokemon Sword and Shield Game Series. Ok, Duration Primary Stats that he has very good physical attack power, good defense, average hit points, average intelligence (intelligence is a special attack), average skill (Skill is accuracy), and very low speed. Durahan heavily relies on sword attacks because he's a knight after all. Sidfetch'd is a Wild Duck Pokemon who's considered a knight. It got Very good physical attack power, good defense, average special defense, low hit points, low special attack, low speed. Accuracy varies depending on each attack. Ok, this is how it goes down to the wired. Depending on the potential on who trains better. Durahan will use his Sword attacks such as Swing, Cut-In-Two, Rush Slash. While Sirfetch'd Will boost its attack power Sword Dance and use Leaf Blade. Keep in mind that Sirfetch'd is limit to 4 attacks while Durahan is unlimited with many attacks in his arsenal. Ok, Sirfetch'd use Brave Bird and Meteor Assault. The duration may pull his powerful attack Slash Combo and Deathbringer. I think that this is going to be a very close battle that might lead to a Stalemate because both knights got some powerful moves that also cause damages to themselves. What are your thoughts on this topic? I would love to hear your feedback on it.
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2020-10-16 at 03:53 PM.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Durahan Vs. Sirfetch'd

By stats this matchup doesnt work, since monsters in monster rancher can hit 5 digit stats while pokemon max out at 999, or just barely 4. By lore, i dunno. There isnt a famous Sirfetch'd and as such they dont have a whole lot of history. Durahan, on the other hand, has decades of history, including fighting its version of a super powerful legendary, like Moo or the Blue Phoenix. If you stick with type matchups, Durahan could be argued to be a ghost/fighting type, with an ability that gives it a third type like steel. Worse, the Durahan can be combined with other monsters like dragon or suezo, changing its capabilities dramatically. And if it can merge with beings like worm, who ends up making extremely powerful combinations, or joker, who kinda replaced worm with powerful combinations but they all have reduced life, then that changes even more. In a straight fight, durahan has too much history to lose this. But this is like putting pokemon vs digimon with the same result. The powerscaling isnt as bad but its still there

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Durahan Vs. Sirfetch'd

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    By stats this matchup doesn't work since monsters in monster rancher can hit 5 digit stats while pokemon max out at 999, or just barely 4. By lore, i dunno. There isn't a famous Sirfetch'd and as such, they don't have a whole lot of history. Duration, on the other hand, has decades of history, including fighting its versions of a super-powerful legendary, like Moo or the Blue Phoenix. If you stick with type matchups, Duration could be argued to be a ghost/fighting type, with an ability that gives it a third type like steel. Worse, the Durahan can be combined with other monsters like dragon or Suez, changing its capabilities dramatically. And if it can merge with beings like a worm, who ends up making extremely powerful combinations, or joker, who kinda replaced worm with powerful combinations but they all have reduced life, then that changes even more. In a straight fight, duration has too much history to lose this. But this is like putting pokemon vs Digimon with the same result. The power scaling isn't as bad but it's still there
    That's very interesting about the different stats maxed up in Monster Rancher and Pokemon. I didn't know that. Also, I know that Durahan got a lot of interesting combinations and capabilities. Plus Durahan got other rare and powerful forms such as Shogun, Ruby Knight, and Kokushi Muzo and the three forms are Rank A Monsters. Also, you mention that if Durahan was a Pokemon his type would be Ghost/Fighting Type plus Steel. I agree with you on that one as well. So yes I guess Durahan got a lot of interesting trick up his steel sleeve.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!