New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The LA-assignment thread IX: I have no mouth and I must S,V,M

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Gotta be honest; I was really hoping you'd want to take over. Your breakdowns have been invaluable. Though for that same reason, your vote of confidence means a lot.

Okay, fine then. I'll give it a few days for others to chime in; but if there are no objections, I'll be taking us forward with Libris Mortis.

New year, new book, new guy at the helm, same old broken monsters.
    If this comes to pass, Id like to suggest the next thread (whenever it happens) is titled "Under New Management"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think I know enough of the rules to play 3.5, but this has been one of my favourite threads to read on this forum. Thank you for your work Inevitability.
    mew

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Question Re: The LA-assignment thread IX: I have no mouth and I must S,V,M

Quote Originally Posted by Remuko View Post
    If this comes to pass, Id like to suggest the next thread (whenever it happens) is titled "Under New Management"
    Speaking of, what's everyone want to do on that front? On one hand; I'm under the impression that Playground Etiquette for receiving the torch would be to start a new thread so this one would be entirely Inevitability's. On the other; the "I Have No Mouth" thread title and its supporters have been patiently waiting all this time, and this thread that finally got it in is less than ten pages in. It almost feels like pulling the rug out from under them. (Though that may be the wrong way to phrase it, as that sort of implies trickery as opposed to just rotten luck.)
    Last edited by Debatra; 2020-12-27 at 01:46 PM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Speaking of, what's everyone want to do on that front? On one hand; I'm under the impression that Playground Etiquette for receiving the torch would be to start a new thread so this one would be entirely Inevitability's. On the other; the "I Have No Mouth" thread title and its supporters have been patiently waiting all this time, and this thread that finally got it in is less than ten pages in. It almost feels like pulling the rug out from under them. (Though that may be the wrong way to phrase it, as that sort of implies trickery as opposed to just rotten luck.)
    Nah, I think it's okay to start a new thread: this thread will be immortalized in the archives anyway. But on that note, if we're continuing under new management, I guess that means you'll have to start a new archives thread, right?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Alternately, we're mouthlessly screaming over the tragedy of losing Inevitability.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

I want to chime in as someone who mostly plays Pathfinder, with my exposure to 3.5e almost entirely being these forums. These threads have been entertaining to follow, even though they'll never impact me or my play group. This seems like a good time to thank Inevitability, as well as everyone posting in these threads, for providing a good, entertaining read.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you so much Inevitability. I use these threads in nearly every game I'm in, and really enjoyed the pbp you did for a short while too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    I feel like telling the ghost of Gary Gygax to hold your beer is a good way to suddenly stop being the GM, but I have to admit that this would probably be remarkably effective. At what, I dunno, but effective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombulian View Post
    I am continually astounded by how new you are here in contrast to how impressive your mind is.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Barbarian in the Playground

You might wanna get in touch with Inevitability to make sure you can post in the archives and have co-ownership over that thread, in order to stop it from being locked or any trouble from happening.

That being said, I know I almost never posted or really helped at all, but I hope everything goes smoothly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quarian Rex View Post
    Sometimes you need more than well crafted crunch. Sometimes you need well crafted crunch that is playable in the game.
    Steam: Papa Palpy Palpatine
    Pesterchum: mysticUmbra
    YouTube: Noctus Does Things

Black(Blue and Green) or Sultai is my khanate, and my colour alignment.

The Rest of my Signature
    My Hombrew

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks everybody for the kind words, it means a lot to me! I'll be on for the next while to make sure everything transitions smoothly, and will probably drop by every once in a while. Happy new year to y'all!
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Last edited by Debatra; 2021-01-01 at 03:06 PM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.