New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XIX: Toss a Coin to your Goblin

[Inside Office]

The clerk doesn't seem to be perturbed by Carmen's behavior in the least. One gets the impression this is normal for her. She simply takes out a notebook.

"Please start with this person's name, species, description and last known location. The circumstances of your last meeting would also be helpful."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lunch Time

The tiefling's eyes seem to light up. "I did, was just about to go and grab it. I'd love to provide you a bit of company as well." She closes her book, leaving it on her desk as she gets out of her chair.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #363

[Inside Office]

"Yeah, so..." Carmen runs her teeth along her lip. Name, species, description, last known location, last meeting. Got it.

"So her name's Jo. Just Jo, that's it, nothing else," she claims. "And she's a succubus. Well, half-succubus, but same thing. Very pretty. The prettiest," she adds to empathize. "Got the prettiest wings ever. There's four of them, y'see, two on her shoulders and two down by her hips, all black, and the upper ones are feathery and have, like, claws that come up like this here on the tip at the top. And her tail, too, it's pretty long and the tip looks like a spade and a scythe. And she's got pretty magnificent horns, too, four of them too." The half-elf purses her lips and thinks. Just empathizing how pretty she is probably won't help, and it's been long enough that she's not confident in her ability to draw what her face looks like, or give an extremely accurate description. Plus, it might look different now.

"Last known location was not here in the Nexus, but there's a portal between here and there," she says, and gives a quick description of how to access that portal, "but, that place, they started to dump all their dungeons into the Nexus about a decade ago; only thing I really know was that she wasn't in the same dungeon as me."

Carmen pauses, then remembers that she forgot the last part: "Oh yeah!"
    "Um, yeah, so it was a couple hundred years ago, we were both captured by a bunch of paladins. Um...out for a picnic, y'know? Yeah. Like that."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Oh I see." Was it really limited to nexus language? Hmm... perhaps. Reina's world had few terms for adventurers and many for mercenaries.

The catgirl still doesn't know what promotions exist, but suspects it has something to do with more paperwork. She'll have to manage those compliments more carefully from now on. "Y-yeah? It probably happens a lot to new people to the Nexus, I'd imagine" Reina says with an attempted smile. She won't lie. Dena's rejection back then did hurt quite a bit and Rein found it easier and easier just to avoid his true form altogether. But it was a lot more complicated than that as well. "Apology accepted. I'll be sure to let everyone know."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #365

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Thank you." Dena remarks with a deep nod and a smile. "Also tell them that if any of them want me to apologize personally, I can do so as well. I have a feeling it might have cut deeply. I suspect this as, well..." She gestures vaguely at her snakes. "Being rejected simply beacuase of one of one of your interesting features? I think I'm able to tell how that might feel a bit better now."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-04-30 at 02:49 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Ahh. I'm sorry that happened to you," Reina says sincerely. The snakes would make things... well it'd feel like someone was watching all the time!
    Not necessarily a bad thing...

"There was only one of us at that time. Well not counting Prime. One of us in the Nexus. Oh, unless the Meek's still around somewhere. Or Fez Hat. Was that before or after Fez Hat? Umm... ahem. Regardless, it's not like we knew each other that well back then, right? I don't think we feel so deeply about it that you'll have a line of Reins looking for a personal apology." Reina pauses and peers at Dena.

"Unless... that's what you're hoping for?" Sneaky, flirty Dena.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside Office]

The clerk writes it all down.

"So, to clarify. You were captured by paladins and placed in dungeons, but the dungeons have since been emptied into the Nexus?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [But the Cat Came Back]

"Ahh. I'm sorry that happened to you," Reina says sincerely. The snakes would make things... well it'd feel like someone was watching all the time!
    Not necessarily a bad thing...

"There was only one of us at that time. Well not counting Prime. One of us in the Nexus. Oh, unless the Meek's still around somewhere. Or Fez Hat. Was that before or after Fez Hat? Umm... ahem. Regardless, it's not like we knew each other that well back then, right? I don't think we feel so deeply about it that you'll have a line of Reins looking for a personal apology." Reina pauses and peers at Dena.

"Unless... that's what you're hoping for?" Sneaky, flirty Dena.
    [But the Cat Came Back]

Dena chuckles. "No, I didn't expect that either. I wouldn't have the time to personally apologize to every Rein out there but I think you'd appreciate the commitment at least. I mean, except you and the others you mentioned they're all very similar aren't they? Being perfect clones and all I mean."

9. - Top - End - #369

[Inside Office]

Carmen listens to the summary.
    "Um..." She purses her lips as she considers it. "I guess, yes. Yeah, that's a pretty succinct summary."

"Very simple way to put it."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Lunch Time

The tiefling's eyes seem to light up. "I did, was just about to go and grab it. I'd love to provide you a bit of company as well." She closes her book, leaving it on her desk as she gets out of her chair.
    [Lunch Time]

"Great!" Valerie leads the way to the kitchen. "I wasn't sure you took lunch at the same time, but I guess there's not really any specific time requirements on your work, huh?" She comments as she leads the way in and over to the fridge. She produces a container of what appears to be some sort of pasta at a glance.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

[Inside Office]

"We're going to need some contact information if we need more information or if we have some to deliver to you," the clerk says. "Otherwise, that would be all. I will post the job on all our channels."

12. - Top - End - #372

[Inside Office]

"Oh, of course! I completely forgot about that."

Carmen gives her contact info, noting that it's currently temporary (she's staying with some random guy she flirted with on the street) and that she'll be back and update it when it changes or when she finds someplace more permanent.

"Thanks." If there's nothing else she has to do, she leaves once everything is finalized.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

[But The Cat Came Back]

"You're... not wrong. Commitment means something. Thank you." Reina nods her head at Dena.

To being similar, the superclad superheroine shrugs a little. "Yeah, pretty much. Not sure what else people would expect from clones? You wouldn't want wild variations anyways."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #374

[But The Cat Came Back]

"Well, to be honest, I wouldn't trust myself that much as we'd be competing over the same life. Can't just double all my resouces and friends too, y'know?" Dena shrugs. "But I think we're done here now. You should get some rest and downtime, Reina. You got what we needed." She returns Reina's nod. "Unless there was anything else you wanted to talk to me about?"

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

[But The Cat Came Back]

"Oh. There's a system in place for which Reins get the premium positions. Though even in that I'm a bit of a free reign agent, being the only Reina." Reina shrugs a little.

"Anyways, no nothing else. I'd better hurry and get changed back. Don't want everyone in the base to know my secret identity after all." People whose secret identity is revealed to everyone has missiles shot at them! "Catch you around." Reina will wave, turn, and leave.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lunch Time]

"Great!" Valerie leads the way to the kitchen. "I wasn't sure you took lunch at the same time, but I guess there's not really any specific time requirements on your work, huh?" She comments as she leads the way in and over to the fridge. She produces a container of what appears to be some sort of pasta at a glance.
    Lunch Time

"No, not really. Plus the amount I have kind of uh, ebbs and flows a little too, y'know? Plenty of daily and monthly expenses, but some weeks are busier than others." Leis absentmindedly fluffs out the curls of her hair in back as Valerie fetches her food from the fridge before grabbing her own, which appears to be a footlong sandwich from Dogway.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Time]

"Oh yeah, that makes sense." Valerie pops the microwave open and puts her food in to heat. "So whatcha got for lunch today?" She asks, looking at the sub.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Office - Elf]

A visitor comes to MERC. They're wrapped in a dark purple cloak with a hood, but once it's thrown back, they're revealed to be an elven woman. Her skin is pale and her hair is shaved, except for a broad strip in the centre of her head, which ends in a small ponytail. Her eyes are oddly dark and unmoving. She approaches the front desk and politely waits to for her turn to speak to someone.

19. - Top - End - #379

Lunch Time

"Oh, just something I grabbed from the sandwich shop on the way here. It's uh, chicken, cheese and green peppers." Leis unwraps it before unscrewing the cap of an accompanying bottle of soda. "What about you?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

20. - Top - End - #380

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Office - Elf]

A visitor comes to MERC. They're wrapped in a dark purple cloak with a hood, but once it's thrown back, they're revealed to be an elven woman. Her skin is pale and her hair is shaved, except for a broad strip in the centre of her head, which ends in a small ponytail. Her eyes are oddly dark and unmoving. She approaches the front desk and politely waits to for her turn to speak to someone.
    [Main Office - Elf]

A creature called Engi, a machine lifeform in human shape with a green light for a face, calls the elfen woman to the front desk.

"Good day miss." it says. "Welcome to MERC. How may we help you?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Time]

"Nice, sounds tasty." Valerie remarks. "I managed to find enough free time to make ragù alla bolognese from scratch last night. Leftovers for lunch is the reward for my hard work." She laughs.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Office - Elf]

"I have come to hire you." The elf speaks in a quiet, melodious voice. She sounds uncertain, as if she's not used to talking about such things. "There is a great beast threatening our kingdom, one my prince is sworn to slay. But he cannot do it alone. I require the aid of your mercenaries to help my prince slay it. But he must be the one to do the deed."

23. - Top - End - #383

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Lunch Time]

"Nice, sounds tasty." Valerie remarks. "I managed to find enough free time to make ragù alla bolognese from scratch last night. Leftovers for lunch is the reward for my hard work." She laughs.
    Lunch Time

"Oh, neat!" Leis clearly has no idea what that means beyond "some manner of pasta", but she still seems a little impressed. "I don't do a lot of cooking myself, but I know that must have been a lot of work. Did you even like, make the noodles from scratch or was that a little too wild?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Time]

"Oh definitely. I think my dad would disown be if I didn't." Valerie winks. "It's an old family recipe, so you have to treat it right." The microwave beeps and she retrieves her dish. "It's not at its best reheated, but I think it's still something special, if I say so myself." She holds out the container for Leis to see.

25. - Top - End - #385

[Main Office - Elf]

The machine life form turns to his computer and types a few sentence into it.

"I may need a few more information.
    What Information do you have about the beast and the location it is?
    What is your name and contact data?
    Will the job be for MERC meber only or all licensed members?
    What will be the reward?
    "

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Office - Elf]

"My name is Talhora. I am staying in Trog's Tavern while I'm here and I can be found there." The elf holds her gaze steady and calm. "The beast does not have a name that we know. It is a great thunder-bird, a harbinger of wild revelry and madness. Wherever it goes, chaos follows. It is currently nesting in the wild reaches of our kingdom, but it won't be long before it reaches civilization. We offer this task to any people in your organization who are willing and we will pay in precious stones and jewellery. Our kingdom's heirlooms."

27. - Top - End - #387

[Main Office - Elf]

The machine types up all informations given.

"We might need a bit of the payment in advance, then I will put it on our board." he says. "Anything else we need to note?"

28. - Top - End - #388

Lunch Time

"Wow, that looks really good." She chuckles. "I guess I'll have to ask you for advice if I ever get better about cooking for myself, huh?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lunch Time]

"Well I wouldn't say I'm amazing or anything, but I know a thing or two." Valerie chuckles. "Maybe I'll have to share sometime. So you can get a taste and not just take my word for it." She winks.

30. - Top - End - #390

Lunch Time

"My, when you put in that much effort, are you sure you don't want me to earn a taste instead?" The tiefling flashes a cheeky smile. "I mean, I hear that cooking's easier with a pair of extra hands." Although with that said, she seems to realize something. "Well, uh, assuming it wouldn't invalidate any vows of family secrecy around the recipe."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show