Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XIX: Toss a Coin to your Goblin

[But the Cat Came Back]

Dena smiles at that last comment. "I'm not saying that you're wrong, but VIGIL is more of a military force than a law enforcement so I don't think they'd hesitate to call them or any other vigilante every time there's a demonic invasion without any moral conundrums. Beating up demons is easy if you're strong enough. Trying to make them obey the law though? That's a lot harder." Sounds like she has some experience with that.

"But Malechnar wouldn't even need to be elites to be suspect, their whole aesthetic just screams 'evil'. However, as long as they keep to our guidelines I don't mind taking money from them. There could be worse people in charge of the city, like AMEN or those dragon-people in southside."

Then she turns her phone to take another look at the picture featured in the article. "But... not to come off as insulting or anything, I was just under the impression most superheroes dressed like this? Either little in the ways of clothes or super-tight spandex." She gestures at Reina. "You did point out how good Magtok's butt looked in it."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-04-09 at 04:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

[Fairy Investigation]

"You're looking pretty good too. I like a sharp-dressed man," Olvisin says as she takes his arm. "Close to the sea? Just like home, then. Lead on."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Dragonpeople?" Reina hadn't heard of them. Then again, she's not that in touch with Riverside politics. Sure, the big invasion hit the news, but that was about it. "What exactly are our guidelines anyways?" Dipsnig was a little light on the orientation!

"Pfft. PLEASE." Reina scoffs and sputters. "My costume is a work of art. There's nothing wrong with looking good on the job. And I said nothing about Magtok's butt. I'd never look at it." Reina crosses her arms defiantly. "Spandex just makes you look good. Try it on sometime. Ambush Kirk in spandex, see how he reacts."

"... You two still a thing right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #334

[But the Cat Came Back]

Dena raises two fingers. "I can summarize our gudielines by two principles. One, don't work with anyone keeping slaves. Two, or anyone with a really awful reputation. And I mean AMEN bad here, someone who would drag our own reputation through the dirt by association. Like say, working for literal demons or other embodiments of evil or whatever they're supposed to be."

She shrugs. "As for Kirk, he and I got a open relationship. I don't want to stand in the way of his grand ambitions after all." A grin, Reina getting a glance at her fangs. "But speaking of which, you got a picture of that costume of yours then? Since I don't think I've seen it. I certainly didn't say that I minded sexy costumes, or clothes in general for that matter." The gorgon taps her chin. "I mean, one of your clones certainly seemed to appriciate my dance clothes."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

Reina nods slightly, though aren't those two principles... the same principle? She blinks a little, wondering if she's hearing double. She hasn't had that much to drink in the last twenty minutes. God, it's been so long without a drink. You think Dena would offer her some of whatever the gorgon's keeping hidden under the desk.

"A picture? Not... that I can share. And all the newspaper shots are blurry and black and white." Honestly, who hires teen interns for important newspaper camera jobs? "I could always just put on the costume if you want to see. I'm sure there's some advantages to MERC having a superheroine on payroll."

She taps the arm of her chair with her finger. "You dance?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #336

[But the Cat Came Back]

"I can think of a few advantages, yeah." The fact Reina had her costume on her was a surprise at first but upon further consideration that was superheroes deal, wasn't it? Had their costume at hand at all the time and she apparently still considered herself as one.

She probably just had it up some hammerspace that Dena couldn't see, like her pocket. Or underneath her normal clothes, that had to get warm though.

Either way though... "But of course I dance, you didn't know?" She stretches out her legs underneath her desk again. "It's actually a fighting technique where I'm from, as it always involves a sword, but it can be adapted to all sort of purposes. These days I mostly use it for those other purposes, but it's a good way of keeping fit."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-04-12 at 08:14 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

Cats like the warmth quite a bit. Perhaps Reina is indeed wearing the outfit right now under her regular clothes.

Reina shakes her head. "No. Had no idea. You'll have to show me some time. I can't say I ever had the time to learn out to dance. Well... I mean, I guess the stuff I learned for superheroing is kind of like dancing? Ish? Not really. But at least I can throw a punch if I need to." Which is more than the other Reins! "So are you good with swords too then? I don't think I've ever seen you with a weapon."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

8. - Top - End - #338

[But the Cat Came Back]

"I don't commonly see the things you carry around in your hammerspace either." Dena points out as she gestures at Reina's pockets, or at least where her pockets might be. "Assuming you still use one of course. I do and that's where I'm keeping my weapons. The sword is not something I use much these days though. I mean, unless you're Wenomir you don't bring a sword into a gun and/or magic fight. Not unless it's enchanted out of the wazoo that is, which is a project I'm still working on." She grins and holds out her arms. "But I am armed right now, and I don't mean just my literal arms. You just can't see it. Wouldn't be much of an adventurer, retired or otherwise, if I wasn't at all times."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"You should just steal enchanted swords. People with deep pockets and not a lot of common sense nor skill are usually the ones who make them after all." Easy marks.

Reina stares at Dena for a moment, before bursting with laughter. "Dena. Dear. You have SNAKES on your head. No one's ever going to consider you unarmed and defenseless." Except perhaps, for a mongoose-person. Like an Ermine.

She shakes her head and starts to stand up. "Anyways, was there anything else you needed? Should I show you my costume now or surprise you some time?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #340

[Entrance]

Fade just returns from his last mission. His clothes are dirty by what he found in the sewers. He might need to find away to wash his clothes and find some replacements. Usually he wouldn't care, but he noticed that the people around him don't like the smell. He wonders if there re any MERC Uniforms he could lend for the time beeing.

Either way he got something else to do as well. Maybe he can find another member or one of the higher ranking people. He did noticed that his current skills and weapons aren't suited for fights like they had down there. Especially those far away. Who could help him?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

11. - Top - End - #341

[But the Cat Came Back]

Dena was about to insist that she already had an enchanted sword when Reina brings up the snakes on her head. She looks almost annoyed at first but then she laughs along, if somewhat less enthusiastically. "They're hardly practical as weapons, y'know?" Nor was her gaze, too much chance of collateral damage.

"But yeah, go ahead. Show off that costume of yours. I wanna see if you can beat this gal." She gestures at the news article, or at least the one that should have been there as her phone entered screensaving mode a long time ago.