New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1354
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XIX: Toss a Coin to your Goblin

[Hope For Babies]

"I'm not really much for any of the above, but if you think it'll help, dear," Trick says, frowning. This is getting more awkward by the moment.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Something Spicy]

"Appreciate the offer, but Evil Villains can't just have their rich girlfriends bail them out. It looks lame." Once that precedent starts it becomes far too easy to keep using it again and again. "And the special project I'm working on is too big to sneak through customs right now anyways. Not to mention Inside is far too lawful for a villain like me to do anything more than a brief visit and Riverside has historically been far more dangerous than Skyside's ever been. Honestly, I don't see how anyone keeps living there. It's like asking to get killed."

Plus Raven can't risk swapping to another city and then having Rose still avoid her because that would tell her something far too important to ignore. She can't risk learning that it had nothing to do with Skyside.

"Don't worry. I'm Raven Ebondark, Empress of All! Soon, all the houses will belong to me anyways. Nyahaha!" Evil laugh, but a small one. "Anyways, I gotta go. This stuff won't pack itself. I'll talk to you later, ok?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Something Spicy]

Well. There goes Rose's plan to get Raven into a monitored space for a few weeks under the guise of playing sugar mama for her. Admittedly, it was sort of a shaky plan.

"All right. I'll let you get to it. Love you~♡" Rose giggles and hangs up, dropping into the bed with a sigh.

All things considered, that went pretty well. Raven's looking forward to seeing her again and is willing to stay in contact; motivated to, even. That's the outcome she really should have expected, but she had enough room for doubt to check.

cakeeater68 posted media. Tap to download.

Just one more nosebleed for the road.
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

"Yeah, well... alright. Sorry," Fettina says. She should have known they'd at least do the professional thing, even if not the most responsible thing. "If you two are both good with this, then... I guess it's cool." She kind of wanted to ask Kirk if he was really okay with having another kid who didn't know him, but that did not feel like a conversation for today.

"I'm happy for you, Dena. I know you've wanted this a long time." Getting rid of her dangerous eyes, not the baby, of course.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silent Seething Cyborg

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [Horrible Hobble Home]

Pania is grateful for the water, sipping at it and letting it ease her parched throat. She probably shoulda drunk more water throughout the whole training session but she kinda got carried away. She did bristle at the 'for Pania's sake' comment, but at this point she didn't bother fighting it. She had already slumped over down a wall, not much point in trying to conserve what remains of her pride in front of these two. That ship had well sailed. Still, she hated appearing vulnerable like this. Letting others see your weaknesses was just asking for trouble.

Regardless of how she felt about showing her vulnerabilities, she wasn't gonna turn down the help of Reina when offered. She pulls herself up with the catgirl's help, waited as she did the same for the cyborg, before awkwardly beginning their hobble back to her room. "Thanks." she said to Reina, quite brusquely. Seems that maybe politeness and displaying gratitude isn't the psychic's strong point. She did mean it though.

Magtok just gets quiet again, his pride bruised by what he insists is entirely unnecessary concern for his wellness (it's just Pania who needs the help, honest!), but unwilling to say something about it for fear of saying something needlessly rude and upsetting. None of this is a big deal, none of it is worth making a big damn scene over; and there are at least five whole people in the Nexus it'd be worse to be pulled along by than Reina. Just shut up and behave for once, Mag; nobody cares that you think you're invincible and able to push your limits and carry on without anyone's pity or concern.

"Honestly I wasn't a hundred percent sure this plan had any potential at all, with how so many people have powers specific to their home setting that don't share any of the same energies, methods, or principles as anyone else's," he finally remarks between swigs of water, trying out a change of subject to keep himself from saying something about how he doesn't even need to walk because he can just hover like the technologically advanced posthuman supergenius that he is, and you dirty animals should stop assuming he has the same pathetic limitations you do. That would be really uncalled for, even if he did say he was fine a moment ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

6. - Top - End - #1116

[Dena's Office]

"No need to apologize, Tina. You're just concerned about that little bab. Perfectly natural. I still don't really get how the gorgon thing is solved by having one but yeah... seems like I've finally found the solution I've been looking for." She gestures at herself. "Now if there only was a way to get rid of the snakes." Her 'hair' let's out a low hiss. "No offense meant, guys."

[Hope For Babies]

Astrana catches that look of discomfort in Trick's eye. Better cut this short. "Alright, I'm going to go and change into my ritual uniform then. If you want to use that time to undress or getting yourself ready I'll give you the time."

She will then leave them alone for an amount of time.

((If they want to exchange some words they should probably use this time to do it as well as generally getting ready. The ritual will commence in my next post as I don't think that much will be said.))

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

[Something Spicy??]

Raven is many things. Apparently a frequent communicator and good girlfriend are two of the things she is not. For the next few weeks, Rose won't hear from her again. There's no reply to phone calls or texts, not even a 'KittyQueen has read this message' receipt.

If Rose musters up the courage to check out the Black Abyss Body Shop with a personal visit, she'll find it barren of all but the rotting corpses of destroyed mechazombies left strewn about haphazardly. Like a bull ran through the place. There's not a lot of structural damage at least, so the fighting must have been contained somewhat. Though there's scorch marks and dried bloodstains that weren't there the last time Rose visited. No evidence of Raven or the hero who smashed the place.

Twenty eight days later, Rose gets some texts quite suddenly and all at once, suggesting they got backlogged somehow.
    <KittyQueen> Hey.
    <KittyQueen> So so sorry for the ghost. Been super busy. And some stupid cow fried my phone.
    <KittyQueen> It's been a real batch to repair and recover the data with everything else going on.
    <KittyQueen> Autocorrect.
    <KittyQueen> Anyways, we should talk. I got something to show you and I'd really like to catch up.
    <KittyQueen> At your hotel.

[Soft Support Kitty]

Reina can float too Magtok, surely you haven't forgotten about that one- well, maybe best not to bring it up. And once Pania has a better grip on her psychic powers, surely she will be able to naturally float as well in a display of how she's gotten closer and closer to pure godhood. Magtok isn't so special!

He's just gotta get used to Reina's excuses to physically hold onto him.

Finally they manage to deliver Pania to her room. "Right. Here you go. See you when we pick this up in a couple of days. Get some rest and thanks again." She understands Pania's reluctance to thank the catgirl earlier. No one likes the feeling of being indebted. But Reina still demands that Pania rest up! Or else she'll have to sic Sophi- oh wait she's not in GLoG anymore. Hmmm... sic Olivisin on her? Doesn't quite feel the same.

Well whatever. Once Pania is safely sequestered, she pulls away from Magtok. He's gotten enough support for the day. "Well... that's that. I'm off to take a shower." The catgirl lingers yet, staring at Magtok, a thousand things to say and none of them being said.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1118

[Coming Down]

cakeeater68 is typing...

<cakeeater68> *happy rose noises*
    <cakeeater68> ohmygod! ive been so worried about you! it's been a month since we talked!

Way to state the obvious, Rose. But then, emotionally compromised people tend to do that, so facade maintained.

<cakeeater68> you want to go to a hotel first thing? i wouldnt have objected to a little wine-and-dine first, but ill applaud your forwardness. ♡
    <cakeeater68> lucky you, ive had time to get this all sorted out

cakeeater68 posted media. Tap to download.

No saucy pictures this time. Just a PDF containing instructions for their meeting. They'll be spending the night at a place called the Inn of Isokay, where Rose has taken some security measures to ensure her safety, both from external threats and Raven's more psychotic tendencies.

Outside, Rose has hired out a pair of bodyguards (who may be other MERC members or generic NPCs, depending on who responds well to "answering a booty call, mind making sure I don't die?"), whose job in the early part is mostly going to consist of walking Raven through the procedure and making sure she doesn't bring any mecha-zombies into the hotel (if she does, they're to scrub the meeting, and Raven will be informed of this).

Said procedure will be simple, but potentially nerve-racking. Raven will be led into the room and politely asked to strip to the skin, her clothes taken and locked in a trunk in the closet (with assurances that Raven will recieve the combination to open it again once her girlfriend leaves the hotel). Any accesories that have the potential to be weaponized will be similarly confiscated and locked up. After that, the guards will commence a full body search for any hidden weapons (they'll be equipped with technology to prevent this from being too physically intrusive, but standing around naked while the guards wave wands over Raven's junk will likely still be horribly uncomfortable).

With that done, the guards will leave Raven to her own devices, guiding her to another closet, this one full of scalpel-free outfits at the catgirl's disposal should she want to dress up before Rose arrives; said clothing ensembles range from "more conservative than an emo nun" to "where's the rest of it?", in colors going from "blacker than midnight" to "I guess you can call that a grey". The room's mini-fridge will also be fully stocked, if Raven decides she wants something to eat or drink before Rose arrives; no alcohol, but plenty of basic snack foods and soft drinks. And of course, the television works, and Rose has paid for the whole package, including restricted channels.

If Raven cooperates with the guards, Rose will arrive in the room about half an hour later, dressed casually in a dark green t-shirt, jeans, and fur-topped boots. In one arm, she's carrying a bouquet of red-and-black roses and a heart-shaped box, presumably filled with candies. In the other, a bottle of wine in a bowl of ice; a good vintage, she's been told. She'll give Raven an ecstatic smile, delighted to see her again.

If Raven doesn't comply, Rose'll take longer to arrive, and the guards will be having words with the empress...

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ogre in the Playground

[Coming Down]

It doesn't take long for Rose to get a reply after sending instructions.

KittyQueen is typing...

<KittyQueen> Not a hotel.
    <KittyQueen> YOUR hotel. In Skyside.

That is a bit different. That would be the building Rose claimed she owned on their first date.

<KittyQueen> I finished my project.
    <KittyQueen> I wanted you to see it.

<KittyQueen> I really think you'll like it. It's going to change everything.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

10. - Top - End - #1120

[Coming Down]

cakeeater68 is typing...

cakeeater68 is typing...

<cakeeater68> oh.
    <cakeeater68> ok thats my bad
    <cakeeater68> might have gotten a little wrapped up in wishful thinking haha

An awkwardly long pause, even for a text conversation, interspersed with notices of "cakeeater68 is typing...", implying Rose is truly at a loss for words, before she finally settles on something.

<cakeeater68> i sold that place when i left skyside. i didnt think id really need it anymore
    <cakeeater68> but more importantly
    <cakeeater68> Raven, honey
    <cakeeater68> you know i cant come back to skyside
    <cakeeater68> its way too dangerous
    <cakeeater68> i dont want to get shot in an alley somewhere and have my niece grow up to wear a bat suit and punch people
    <cakeeater68> especially since shed probably punch you since i wont be around to tell her not to
    <cakeeater68> thats a tangent isnt it
    <cakeeater68> but my point is, i cant be sure ill be safe...
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-01-25 at 06:40 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

[Hope For Babies]

Sophie simply moves to hug Trick tightly. Not very long before they have the pregnancy they want. She's ready.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

[Coming Down]

KittyQueen is typing...

<KittyQueen> Well this iteration can't be moved.
    <KittyQueen> So... forget it I guess.
    <KittyQueen> Don't worry about it.

Maybe Raven can convince that cow hero to come around and show off her evil project to her instead. Ugh, but then the project would get wrecked right away. Maybe just let it run its evil course and laugh maniacally at a successful scheme at the end of it all. Yeah. Sure. It's just... not flashy enough to really do that with though. Raven's going to have to rethink this. Still do the evil, just... rethink the presentation. Hmm... maybe just use it to enable other more evil more presentable projects. Yeah, yeah. That's the way to go. This will propel her to the top for sure!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ghost in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Silent Seething Cyborg

Magtok just gets quiet again, his pride bruised by what he insists is entirely unnecessary concern for his wellness (it's just Pania who needs the help, honest!), but unwilling to say something about it for fear of saying something needlessly rude and upsetting. None of this is a big deal, none of it is worth making a big damn scene over; and there are at least five whole people in the Nexus it'd be worse to be pulled along by than Reina. Just shut up and behave for once, Mag; nobody cares that you think you're invincible and able to push your limits and carry on without anyone's pity or concern.

"Honestly I wasn't a hundred percent sure this plan had any potential at all, with how so many people have powers specific to their home setting that don't share any of the same energies, methods, or principles as anyone else's," he finally remarks between swigs of water, trying out a change of subject to keep himself from saying something about how he doesn't even need to walk because he can just hover like the technologically advanced posthuman supergenius that he is, and you dirty animals should stop assuming he has the same pathetic limitations you do. That would be really uncalled for, even if he did say he was fine a moment ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Soft Support Kitty]

Reina can float too Magtok, surely you haven't forgotten about that one- well, maybe best not to bring it up. And once Pania has a better grip on her psychic powers, surely she will be able to naturally float as well in a display of how she's gotten closer and closer to pure godhood. Magtok isn't so special!

Finally they manage to deliver Pania to her room. "Right. Here you go. See you when we pick this up in a couple of days. Get some rest and thanks again." She understands Pania's reluctance to thank the catgirl earlier. No one likes the feeling of being indebted. But Reina still demands that Pania rest up! Or else she'll have to sic Sophi- oh wait she's not in GLoG anymore. Hmmm... sic Olivisin on her? Doesn't quite feel the same.

Well whatever. Once Pania is safely sequestered, she pulls away from Magtok. He's gotten enough support for the day. "Well... that's that. I'm off to take a shower." The catgirl lingers yet, staring at Magtok, a thousand things to say and none of them being said.

[A Fugitive's Frank Farewell]

"Yeah well, lucky you found me then." Pania responded. She better be getting paid well for this, as her head was killing her and there was almost certainly worse to come once they resume again. The training also... reminded her of some unpleasant testing of her psionics in her past. The only reason she had pushed through it this time is because she wasn't being forced to do it, because she was getting paid, and because well... having a stronger grasp on her powers was a rather nice plus. Even if, for now, it was in service to someone else's plans, the ability to resist others like her and influence control over an opponents mind was invaluable.

As for floating, well, maybe she'll get there someday.

When they reach her room, she extracts herself from Reina before eagerly stumbling inside. She turns, lingering in the doorway for a second, deciding to at least try her hand at being polite. Reina was her coworker after all, and it seems she was gonna still be working for Magtok again in a couple of days, so... it was probably wise to try to be on good terms with then. Yeah, thanks. See you then. You two uh... have fun." There. That was something, right? She gave a nod, and closed the door to her room, promptly collapsing onto her bed and leaving the cyborg and catgirl to do whatever they were gonna do.
    Last edited by Meowmai; 2022-01-26 at 04:34 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1124

[Coming Down]

Rose frowns. Hold on, wasn't Raven's project giving Bruce an upgrade? She could see it taking this long if Raven was giving him some sort of full-body workup, but... if he can't move, doesn't that constitute a failure? And surely Raven wouldn't be so eager to show off one of those...

...So she must be talking about a new project.

Having that realization, and having it promptly followed by Raven telling her not to worry about it, makes for a pretty good reason to be worried.

<cakeeater68> weeeeeeeell
    <cakeeater68> since it means so much to you
    <cakeeater68> i can come up to skyside one more time
    <cakeeater68> a quick visit to check up on my girlfriend's evil empress-ing
    <cakeeater68> ill just have to remember to pack my pepper spray, ha

Though it's really more "prepare in advance" than "pack".

<cakeeater68> so we'll meet on top of my old hotel then?
    <cakeeater68> anything else i should bring? champagne, hard hat, sunglasses?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

[Coming Down]

KittyQueen is typing...

<KittyQueen> Really?!
    <KittyQueen> I mean, yeah cool. No big deal.
    <KittyQueen> The front door will be fine.
    <KittyQueen> Hard hat might be most appropriate.
    <KittyQueen> But I don't wear one.
    <KittyQueen> They hurt my ears.

So it must not be that necessary. Raven hadn't considered extras. Should she have hard hats readily available from now on?
    ... Nah. It'd be a neat costume prop for some evil drill based caper, but definitely a one of thing and she doesn't want to clash too much with her aesthetic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #1126

[Coming Down]

<cakeeater68> nothing a couple cuts with the right tools couldnt fix. i think ill bring you one anyway. if you dont like it, i can always scrap it.
    <cakeeater68> and champagne. i dont think i need to explain that one lol :p

Rose stands up from her bed and grabs her Hotbox from her nightstand, tapping out one last message to Raven before she gets dressed, giving her sleeping partner a little peck on the forehead before she leaves.

<cakeeater68>be up there in about an hour. ill see you then ♡

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Coming Down]

<KittyQueen> I have my umbrella.
    <KittyQueen> That more or less functions as a hard hat, right?

It probably does given the different things it seems capable of doing.

<KittyQueen> See you soon~
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #1128

And Then There Were Two

Spoiler
    Show
    [Soft Support Kitty]

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [A Fugitive's Frank Farewell]

"Yeah well, lucky you found me then." Pania responded. She better be getting paid well for this, as her head was killing her and there was almost certainly worse to come once they resume again. The training also... reminded her of some unpleasant testing of her psionics in her past. The only reason she had pushed through it this time is because she wasn't being forced to do it, because she was getting paid, and because well... having a stronger grasp on her powers was a rather nice plus. Even if, for now, it was in service to someone else's plans, the ability to resist others like her and influence control over an opponents mind was invaluable.

As for floating, well, maybe she'll get there someday.

When they reach her room, she extracts herself from Reina before eagerly stumbling inside. She turns, lingering in the doorway for a second, deciding to at least try her hand at being polite. Reina was her coworker after all, and it seems she was gonna still be working for Magtok again in a couple of days, so... it was probably wise to try to be on good terms with then. Yeah, thanks. See you then. You two uh... have fun." There. That was something, right? She gave a nod, and closed the door to her room, promptly collapsing onto her bed and leaving the cyborg and catgirl to do whatever they were gonna do.

Magtok shoots a glance at the edge of the door, to be sure Pania's shut it, and isn't hiding behind the door, nosily eavesdropping on business that isn't hers. I think we would feel a swell of impish giddiness if she was doing anything like that, though, and the only feeling radiating from that room is the relief that comes with flopping onto a comfy bed after a hard day's work of sweat and struggle. What a strange thing, to do the opposite of reading people's emotions. Was she made that way so she'd be easier to monitor and control? And seriously, why isn't she a panda girl or something with a name like that? Her powers aren't even associated with bread (pan in spanish), either. So bizarre...

Quote Originally Posted by Reina View Post
    "Well... that's that. I'm off to take a shower." The catgirl lingers yet, staring at Magtok, a thousand things to say and none of them being said.
    "Obviously I can't stick around for that," Magtok points out (not that anyone was offering) with a wry grin and then a quick glance at the door to be sure it's still as closed as it was a second ago. "But hold on one moment. I was lucky that the both of you were here today, but there's no guarantee you'll both be here the next time if I just hike up the mountain unannounced. It'd be a real pain to come back here only to find out you're out on some magical treasure quest to solve your health issues. Do you have a phone number or something so I can check in and find a day we're both-" Did he misspeak or was that 'both' intentional? Also, doesn't the Nexus usually work out schedule conflicts like that on its own? "-when all three of us are free?"
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dena's Office]

"No need to apologize, Tina. You're just concerned about that little bab. Perfectly natural. I still don't really get how the gorgon thing is solved by having one but yeah... seems like I've finally found the solution I've been looking for." She gestures at herself. "Now if there only was a way to get rid of the snakes." Her 'hair' let's out a low hiss. "No offense meant, guys."
    [Dena's Office]

"I think we've all gotten used to the snakes." Kirk remarks with a bit of humour. You can really only get so used to snakes, but at this point it hardly phases him anymore.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Two Makes Three, Sometimes Four]

"That wasn't obvious to me..." Reina's voice a sultry tease as she turns to walk away, her hips swinging wide until he tells her to wait. She glances back with raised eyebrow, wondering if he'd actually be so bold. Ah no, just a phone request. That's good. She won't have to scratch his eye out for seeing something forbidden.

"I'm always on a magical treasure quest. 335-4639." The magical treasure quest never stops, but the phone number quest seems to have come to a satisfactory conclusion. She doesn't linger further to drag out the goodbye. She already knows she's toeing the line far closer than she should, pawing at it mischievously. Besides, if she stalls any further, she can't guarantee he's not watching her as she leaves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #1131

[Dena's Office]

"Aw, you wanna try to get rid of the snakes?" Fettina pouts. She sounds genuinely disappointed. She has very different feelings towards the little serpentine miscreants. "But they're such wholesome little guys. I know they can't always be comfortable to have on your head, but..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #1132

[Dena's Office]

"They're snakes, Tina. People tend to be afraid of 'em even if we are in the nexus. We've just gotten used to the weirdness over time." Dena replies though she honestly couldn't muster much conviction.

As she had just said, she too had gotten used to the snakes at this point. How had her usual hair even felt like? She had it for much longer than the snakes but it was still hard to recall for some reason. Perhaps that was just another part of the curse.

"...anyway, regardless, now you know the situation and what I'm going to have to endure for these next months. But then it's all going to get better as long as you can overlook things like mood swings and such."

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hope For Babies]

Astrana catches that look of discomfort in Trick's eye. Better cut this short. "Alright, I'm going to go and change into my ritual uniform then. If you want to use that time to undress or getting yourself ready I'll give you the time."

She will then leave them alone for an amount of time.

((If they want to exchange some words they should probably use this time to do it as well as generally getting ready. The ritual will commence in my next post as I don't think that much will be said.))
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hope For Babies]

Sophie simply moves to hug Trick tightly. Not very long before they have the pregnancy they want. She's ready.
    [Hope for Babies]

Trick hugs Sophie back, glad for the chance to do this, even if it's extremely awkward. Nothing for it now but to get ready for the ritual.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

24. - Top - End - #1134

Final Feline Farewells

Spoiler
    Show
    [Two Makes Three, Sometimes Four]

"That wasn't obvious to me..." Reina's voice a sultry tease as she turns to walk away, her hips swinging wide until he tells her to wait. She glances back with raised eyebrow, wondering if he'd actually be so bold. Ah no, just a phone request. That's good. She won't have to scratch his eye out for seeing something forbidden.

"I'm always on a magical treasure quest. 335-4639." The magical treasure quest never stops, but the phone number quest seems to have come to a satisfactory conclusion. She doesn't linger further to drag out the goodbye. She already knows she's toeing the line far closer than she should, pawing at it mischievously. Besides, if she stalls any further, she can't guarantee he's not watching her as she leaves.

No no no. Not now, and definitely not here, Mag reminds himself. He might be on good terms with Dipsnig at the moment, but that could change in a matter of days, especially if the Hegemony cuts off funding and he suddenly has to call off all his business deals with MERC (or more likely, keep them going for as long as he can get away with before the goblin gets tired of working for free). Doing anything that could be recorded for blackmail purposes or otherwise weaponized against him has to occur off-site, with as few MERC witnesses as possible. He gets a good look at everything Reina wants him to see as she walks away, and sends a text just to be sure that number is real. After that, he's heading down the mountain and not coming back for a while. There's some more stuff he needs to take care of before the psychic experiments can progress.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Dena's Office]

"Aw, you wanna try to get rid of the snakes?" Fettina pouts. She sounds genuinely disappointed. She has very different feelings towards the little serpentine miscreants. "But they're such wholesome little guys. I know they can't always be comfortable to have on your head, but..."
    [Dena's Office]

"They're snakes, Tina. People tend to be afraid of 'em even if we are in the nexus. We've just gotten used to the weirdness over time." Dena replies though she honestly couldn't muster much conviction.

As she had just said, she too had gotten used to the snakes at this point. How had her usual hair even felt like? She had it for much longer than the snakes but it was still hard to recall for some reason. Perhaps that was just another part of the curse.

"...anyway, regardless, now you know the situation and what I'm going to have to endure for these next months. But then it's all going to get better as long as you can overlook things like mood swings and such."
    [Dena's Office]

Kirk leans back in his chair and folds his hands together. He doesn't have anymore to add right now, and he finds it best not to add commentary about Dena's appearance at this point.

26. - Top - End - #1136

[Dena's Office]

"They're cute! People give them too much crap," Tina protests. "I'm just wise and reasonable enough to see their true value. It'd be a shame for them to just disappear. But it's your body. They're just along for the ride."

"Speaking of which, yeah. I feel for you. I really do. I certainly don't wanna swell up like that," she sticks her tongue out. "I think we can handle some mood swings. Right Kirk? Dena's a reasonable person. What's the worst that could happen?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #1137

[Dena's Office]

Dena's eyes noticeably twitch as Tina says 'what's the worst that can happen?'

"Tina, if you wanna be an adventurer then you owe me a health potion right now since tempting fate is against the Adventuring Code." She holds out her hand as if expecting Tina to hand it over right now. "Pregnancy is already ripe with complications and this is not any ordinary child being born either. I had it explained to me in detail just how messed up gorgon pregnancy can be in addition to all the usual stuff."

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

Kirk keeps his lips wisely sealed in this moment. Tina's on her own on this one.

29. - Top - End - #1139

[Dena's Office]

"A health potion? Uh, I got, like..." Tina reaches around herself for her purse and pats on it. She reaches in and pulls out a tiny brass flask. "I mean, this is closest thing I got to a potion for your health, and I don't think it's good for pregnant ladies." She looks at it and sighs. "Not much good for angels, either."

"Wait, messed up? Like, how? It's not gonna, like, burst from your chest and kill us is it?" Fettina holds up her hands with her fingers curled into claws, giggling.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #1140

[Dena's Office]

"Only if I aim my bloated belly at you, Tina." Dena replies in a deadpan tone. "But if you're actually curious I got some notes written down here." A beat. "Since I told Kirk all this already I suppose you deserve to know too." It just felt weird telling Tina about the pregnancy but she half expected her not to be particularly curious.

Nevertheless, she puts a list on her desk in case Tina wanted to read it.