New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XIX: Toss a Coin to your Goblin

[But the Cat Came Back]

Reina shrugs. "I don't know anything about our current employers, so I couldn't shay. VIGIL maybe? They sure do like to police things." Her tail flicks dismissively.

"Sorry. I've been tied up raising five kids. Damn useless fox doesn't know a good thing when its wrapped around him every night." The catgirl scowls, shaking her head. "So when it comes to current events I can find out, but I just don't know much of anything yet. Like... like that!" Reina points directly at Dena's snake. One of them. She thinks. They're a little blurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Right." Dena reaches down into a drawer and pulls out a pamphlet. "Here, catch." She gently throws it to the catgirl. It appears to be a informative pamphlet covering some sort of scientific research company called 'the gateway foundation' who apparently are into dimensional stuff.

That's at least what she can get from a glance.

"They're researching fey since they believe they're connected to dimensional travel, which makes sense I suppose. The contract also mentioned demons though which is why I was open to this whole Sekhmet deal. There do seem to be an abundance of both demons and fey in the nexus so there's plenty for us to find, especially now."

That got them into the subject of current events though, at which point Reina accusingly point at Dena's snake(s).

At first, she seems confused. "...like what?" Then she quickly seem to realize what Reina is pointing at. Great, this was not a subject she wanted to discuss with a drunken Rein(a). "Oh. The snakes? That... happened a long time ago. I killed a gorgon, got a curse in exchange. Not as big a deal as it seems as long as I got these on." She taps her sunglasses. "I also have goggles just in case so there's nothing to worry about."

3. - Top - End - #273

Subway Train

"Erm, no, not at the moment at least," Leis answers, a little puzzled but still rather intrigued to hear where Astrana's going with this. "And no, you're not being too intrusive! I mean, like, I'm an open book."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #274

Subway Train

'Open book'? Astrana wasn't sure if Leis actually knew what that expression meant.
    But she glances at the subway display, still a few stations to go so she supposed...
    "Well, perhaps it's best if I explain where I'm coming from first. My perspective if you will. Erm, so how much do you know about tieflings? Since there are a few variants in the nexus, but I can't help but notice that you look relatively similar to me." Astrana gestures at Leis horns. "As in... well, the horns, the tail, the red skin. So I suspect we might at least be a closely related variant."

5. - Top - End - #275

Subway Train

"I know there's almost always some manner of diabolic heritage with us, sometimes demonic too I guess? Depends on how you define it I suppose. But uh, yeah, I know there's a few types that exist out there. And mine's kind of unique, since the traits manifested later in adolescence instead of at birth." Leis chuckles, her tail waving slightly; "I uh, imagine that detail kinda narrows it down for you?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #276

Subway Train

Very interesting as that happened to me too, right until I turned about fifteen I looked completely human then things happened quickly. Wasn’t exactly pleasant but I don’t think I need to tell you that. I was constantly hungry.”

In more than one way.

Astrana gestures to Leis. “If it was anything like that for you, you got my sympathy, Leis. It isn’t easy being red or at least it wasn’t for me. But if we indeed are the same kind I’m sure you know of the other kind of hunger that hounds you during your teens, yeah?” She raises an eyebrow.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-03-07 at 07:02 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

Reina fumbles the catch, being just a little tipsy, but picks the pamphlet from the ground and looks it over, tsking a little.

"Really? I've never connected fey to interdimensional travel. Fey are more nature attuned things, grounded in... the ground aren't they? Remember the Weald? Maybe some of the weirder ones I guess... but demons and elementals would make way more sense." The catgirl shakes her head. Well, it was the Gateway Foundation's choice.

She blinks at Dena's explanation. "Gorgons DO that? Huh. Well that explains why they survived despite there being so few of them. Reproduction through curses... fascinating." One dies and another is born/cursed! A perfectly stable, unchanging population of snake ladies. "Sorry that happened to you." Reina still glares at Jerry with obvious suspicion. Jerry being the second snake on the left. At least according to Reina.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2021-03-08 at 12:53 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #278

Subway Train

The hue in Leis's cheeks darkens. "Er, yeah - I think I know exactly what hunger you mean. It was... strange to adjust, though I think I got off pretty well all things considered." The tail in particular took getting used to, with just how much motion it had and how it changed her balance. Not to mention the requisite wardrobe alterations.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

9. - Top - End - #279

[But the Cat Came Back]

"I was always told that fey lived in these fancy other dimensions where they were throwing parties and looking down on everyone else. But maybe that's just where I'm from." Dena shrugs, she didn't claim to be an expert on fey but she had heard a lot of stories about them as a child.

Then they switch topics. "The one I killed did at least. It's not a especially common trait from what I can tell. I mean, there mostly seem to be female gorgons so what would happen if a guy killed her? I figure most of them reproduce the unusual way... or something. Being one doesn't make me an expert on gorgon's either actually. All I know, and I know you might ask this." Considering her intoxication. "Is that I don't have snakes 'down there', so now you don't need to ask." Dena smiles smugly. "But yeah, no need to be sorry. It's been rough at times but I'm alright and it's not like it doesn't have benefits too."

Subway Train

Astrana looks rather relived. "Ha, so someone finally understands then." She chuckles. "No need to blush, I know that feeling all too well. Anything you did, I probably did too so it nice to know someone who shares that experience. The tieflings back home had generally been raised by other tieflings so few of them understood what it was like to grow up among not-tieflings."

But suddenly she clears her voice. "Erm, but to get back to the point I was trying to make. My, erm, nature makes it difficult to keep any sort of traditional wedding oaths. So while Val and I fully intend to marry our relation is, and while remain, open. The reason I want to tell you this is... well, I can't claim I know your relationship with Val but whatever happens between you two I wanted you to know that I'm cool with it."

10. - Top - End - #280

Subway Train

If anything, Astrana assuring Leis there's nothing to be embarrassed about makes her blush just a little more for a second - she can't help but briefly picture the other woman in the kind of experiences they supposedly share. But what comes next seems to take her by surprise.

"O-oh! I uh, didn't know you two were together! I-I mean I kinda had a slight guess, it just never came up in conversation. But uh, that's- that's good to know!" Leis looks a little flattered, maybe even a tad hopeful. After all, she thought Valerie was pretty cute, and maybe something she'd said was what made Astrana want to bring this up.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

11. - Top - End - #281

Subway Train

Astrana blinks. Oh.

"Oh, I thought since you were in my office together... guess she never told you, huh? I mean, there were pictures of her and our children in my office but I probably shouldn't have assumed you got a glimpse of them." She pauses. "So... that was really what I wanted to tell you. I must be coming off as extremely presumptious here but when you entered my office I figured it was as good time as any and... tiefling culture being what it is might have made me made a few assumptions."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Dena's Office]

The scholar nods as she glances back at Dena who just smiles at Kirk and shrugs at her.
    "That's as good a reason as any, thank you." She remarks as she opens her tome and makes a quick note. "That's everything I wanted to ask. I of course assume that you're alright with me telling the child who you are when that time comes?"
    [Dena's Office]

Kirk gives her a skeptical look, but then shrugs. "As long as 'that time" is old enough to understand that I'm not anyone's father, then I imagine that would be fine."

13. - Top - End - #283

Subway Train

"I mean I probably should've; my eyes were just focused on, uh, other things at the moment," Leis assures, rather innocently assuming Astrana will know she's talking about grimoires and catalysts and failing to realize any other interpretations. "But yeah I getcha, it's a reasonable misunderstanding! Though I can't really say I know too much about how our culture is, to be honest."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

Reina gives Dena a 'really?' look. 'REALLY?' "I'd imagine that a guy would get cursed just like anyone else and turn into a female gorgon." For some reason guys can get cursed and turn into girls. Who'd have thought.

The catgirl blinks in complete surprise as Dena details something unexpected. "Wh-WHAAA!?!" Reina looks taken aback. She wasn't even thinking about that! She didn't even know she could think about thinking about that! In all her past and present interactions with gorgons, knowledge of them, and tales of them, she didn't once wonder about such a thing! Nor has she met anyone who has done so out loud! This is so far from left field, Reina is genuinely left speechless.

A pretty impressive accomplishment, considering how much Rein(a) likes to hear him(her)self talk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #285

[But the Cat Came Back]

Hey, a lot of things could happen!
    Maybe he'll become a male gorgon or maybe his or a relatives next female child will become one? Or maybe one will spring from his forehead? Curses aren't always so straight forward you know!

Dena could of course point that out but Reina's next reaction makes her laugh out loud.

"Sorry." She says after a moment after collecting herself. "But that's an idea that I've learned to live with now. People can assume the weirdest of things, I'm sure you know, being a catwoman and all."

Meanwhile, 'Jerry' the snake have started to stare back at Reina. It seems oddly curious of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Subway Train

"I mean I probably should've; my eyes were just focused on, uh, other things at the moment," Leis assures, rather innocently assuming Astrana will know she's talking about grimoires and catalysts and failing to realize any other interpretations. "But yeah I getcha, it's a reasonable misunderstanding! Though I can't really say I know too much about how our culture is, to be honest."
    Subway Train

'Other things'?
    Maybe Astrana should follow up on that one. Considering what they've been talking about it seemed to odd to her that Leis would be talking about anything else. Her own mind caught the lewd implications of almost anything.

Was she actually saying she was checking out Val's butt? She couldn't exactly blame her but she wasn't sure if Leis would be that forward or not yet. "I wouldn't call it 'our' culture considering we weren't raised in it and honestly, 'tiefling culture' is also a bit of a misnomer in itself. More accurately I'd call it 'Haithan tiefling culture', which is the name of the region that I'm from. That said, I imagine most tiefling cultures must be rather open sexually. I've heard about one that went in the completely opposite direction but that doesn't seem healthy at all. So... that being said, are you saying that it was Val's hot bod that was distracting you?" The warlock smiles widely.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-03-09 at 10:54 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Subway Train

Leis seems about to respond when that last question hits her right out of left field. "W-what? N-no! I mean, yes! I mean, uh-" She blushes profusely as she tries to stutter out an answer, grasping for the right balance of wording that denies any lingering gazes without suggesting that she isn't into Valerie.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #287

Subway Train

Astrana raises and displays her palm. "Relax. Let's wait until we get to that cafee before we continue this particular conversation any further. Looks like we're almost at your stop anyway." She gestures at the screen. "Don't want to miss that, do you?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Wh-what are you looking at?" Reina asks Jerry, collecting herself after that... fiasco. Her tail twitches, matching the serpentine pattern of one of the snakes, but Reina looks away as she shakes her head at Dena.

"No. I can't say I've run into that a lot. But I haven't been out and about in years. I was domesticated very quickly after becoming a catgirl. So it's less that it hasn't happened and more that it hasn't happened to me yet." Reina shrugs. "Though off the top of my head I'm not sure what assumptions you'd make of me that wouldn't be true." To be fair, thinking creatively isn't the easiest for Reina right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #289

[But the Cat Came Back]

'Domesticated'? That was certainly one way to put it. Made her sound like some kind of animal.
    "What do you mean, 'domesticated'? Like, how did you even become a girl in the first place? Was that also some weird curse?" Dena doubted that Rein had killed a cursed catgirl though.

The less that could be said about the assumptions that could be made about the assumptions about catpeople the better though so Dena wasn't going to touch on that subject. Instead, in case Reina hadn't gotten sufficiently distracted by her other question she gestures at 'Jerry'. "And don't mind the snakes, they have a bit of a mind of their own sometimes. Won't bite you though."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Dena's Office]

Kirk gives her a skeptical look, but then shrugs. "As long as 'that time" is old enough to understand that I'm not anyone's father, then I imagine that would be fine."
    [Dena's Office]

Ambrosia raises an eyebrow. "I'll see what I can do." Then she waves her hand dismissively. "But that should be enough. I've learned what I want." Looking between the two she concludes. "I'll be out your hair now then. Unless you had any more questions for me, I'll leave you to discuss the peculiars. You can call me once you feel ready to go through with the ritual."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-03-11 at 04:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

Subway Train

"E-er, yeah, probably wouldn't wanna do that." Having to try and pass the time on a train is enough of a task, she'd rather not have to do it at a platform as well. "Looks like it's the next stop, actually."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #291

Subway Train

"Looks that way." And so shortly afterwards they get off.

"So show me this coffee shop of yours then. I could use a drink actually, and something to eat." The scene might move to Inside now.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

"I think that'll be everything until we're ready, yes." Kirk looks at Dena to confirm.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"If you say so..." Reina points two fingers at her eyes and swishes them around towards Jerry, then back at her eyes, then back at Jerry. She's watching you! But her attention slowly pivots back to Dena's face.

"As in, I got stuck in a domestic home mom situation. It was great... for awhile. Then it turned out that I hate doing the same thing over and over again for years on end." Oops. That's ok! She made it through. She's a free woman, until the kids drop out of college, or any of the breaks and holidays happen. "I... guess it was a curse? More like an unexplained magical phenomenon that rolled through Good League of Good. Pro-tip, avoid breathing in any strange floating golden colored clouds of magic dust. Caught me while I was sleeping on my sunning rock. The local succubus wasn't able to fix it, but she was able to give me a different male form. I just sucked it up and went on living. It wasn't the first time I had to get used to a different center of gravity."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #294

[But the Cat Came Back]

'Jerry' blinks in response and then continues staring at her as Dena talks.

"You just accepted it, huh? Somehow, changing genders seem worse than turning into a gorgon to me but I'm the one that got, uh, clouded so what do I know? The fact that weird spontaneous effects like that exist around the nexus makes me worried though. Especially if they can't get reversed." She gestures at Reina's belly. "I mean, if you had children you have to agree that it's more than a change of 'center of gravity'. Gender matters big time, especially back home as I'm sure Kirk would tell you if you'd ask."

[Dena's Office]

Ambrosia nods to Kirk, moves up to the door and then turns to them to make a bow. "Until we meet again then, farewell."

Then she will leave.

Dena waves half-heartedly as she closes the door and then let's out a deep sigh. "Well, this is a mess." She remarks as she can hear Ambrosia walk off. "Making a child is one thing with all the dangers it entails, but now we gotta deal with the underfolk too." A local name for fey. "Almost makes me want to call the whole thing off." She leans back in her chair and gestures vaguely towards Kirk without really looking at him. "Make me feel better." Dena commands.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-03-12 at 09:02 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Well after checking for easy fixes," Reina says with a slight frown. "I mean, sure there have been some changes, but outside of the bedroom it hasn't been nearly as different as I would have imagined. Not for me anyways." The catgirl shrugs a little, not sure what else to say about it. "No offense to the drow or you, but they put too much emphasis on gender if you ask me. People are people. Their chest size shouldn't matter."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #296

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Don't people switch genders since they're uncomfortable with the one they got? I'm hardly an expert on the subject but we employ at least a few of them and that makes it seem pretty signifiancant to me." Dena shrugs. "But you're probably right on the drow part though. Though I'd also that it being different in bed makes a huge difference too." A pause. "But if you don't mind me asking, I'm more curious what you thought about motherhood. Must have been quite an experience, how many children did you have again?"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

Kirk gets up from his seat and moves behind Dena's chair. He leans over her shoulder, putting his good arm around her front and nestling his chin in on her shoulder. "Just think about the goal. A little risk, a lot of inconvenience, but that in exchange for a lifetime."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2021-03-17 at 11:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"If it's significant to them, then it's significant to them. But their experiences are different than mine. For starters, they made a choice in the matter and I did not." Actually that's more or less the whole of the issue, so starters isn't a strong word. "Having shapeshifted multiple times in multiple ways before this I really didn't see the change as much else, except with a longer term. And I already excluded bedroom! That difference is pretty obvious."

"Remember, I starts as an Alikil-err, cat. Becoming a biped was a much bigger change for me. I'd imagine you'd get that, what with the sudden reptilian predilection." She still sees you there Jerry.

"Now MOTHERHOOD, that's an entirely different story! I had four. At the same time. That was... a very awful day and then a very amazing day." Reina tilts her head, thinking back and smiling at how cute they all once were. "It was... no IS a big commitment, even now. Like yikes, I didn't realize how much time they'd take up. I had to cut my naps in half. I think I was a disaster at first. Hah. Probably longer than that. But... there's such a deep connection I've never felt with anyone before. I do very truly love them, even if they have all run away from me to be actual people now." Reina reaches for her phone and starts drunkenly fiddling with it. "I have pictures somewhere on here..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #299

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Well thankfully I didn't actually lose my arms, or legs, when I got these." Dena remarks with a gesture at the snakes on top of her head as commentary to Reina's ramblings.

She looks shocked when the catgirl mentions that she had four babies though. "Wow."

Absentmindedly scratching the mass of snakes again as she tries to imagine having that many babies at the same time. "And... didn't you have babies while you were a guy too? Or was that afterwards?"

[Dena's Office]

"I don't know about 'little'. I bet you 500 bucks that those fey are going to throw a wrench into our plans. Didn't your moms raise you with proper fear for them, eh?" Dena asks as she turns to Kirk and gently puts her hand on his neck and gives him a gentle squeeze.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

[But the Cat Came Back]

"Ah-ha!" Reina holds up a picture of her on the couch, surrounded by four kids, about three. They must have all worn themselves out because they've all fallen asleep in different positions, two of them stealing her lap, one of them leaning on her arm, and the other propped up on the foot of the couch, sitting on the floor. Reina doesn't seem immune to this either, head hanging forward, clearly asleep herself. "Not my most flattering, but at least Tobias can take a good picture." Especially since it was a 'Before' pic. Reina doesn't show off Toby's 'After' pic.

She blinks for a moment when Dena mentions losing limbs. "That... happens?" What a curse!

"Ok, so... everybody kinda knows about the first one. After that it gets complicated." Complicated enough that Reina skips the second one entirely. Mostly because she doesn't want to talk about that one. "Skip ahead many years. I get turned into a catgirl, but at this point, I've established my clones and... subtle, honestly imperceptible homoerotic tones with Tobias. He gets jealous that I turned into a girl and turns himself into a girl, Tovia. I'm a little fuzzy on his reasoning, but after he turned back, he's all romantic and stuff towards me. But the dynamic's been changed right? Cause now Reinholdt and Tobias aren't a thing anymore, It's Toby and Reina. So he uses forbidden druid magic and gives himself a stroke for some reason making Tovia an actual clone instead of a passing previous incident." Reina just shakes her head at questions. The less known about Toby logic, the safer for Dena's sanity.

"So Reinholdt and Tovia take up living together in Riverside while I stay at GLoG with Tobias. Toby and Tovia push for kids, and we're ready cause we both want to retire from adventuring altogether. Most people don't even know about the Rein in Riverside I think, that's how far off the map we disappeared for awhile. Anyways, they have triplets while we have quadruplets. All born around the same time. But since it all happened after the split and I've chosen not to share memories with the collective, I personally don't have those experiences of fatherhood." Only what she's heard from word of mouth.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast