New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 112627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1354
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XIX: Toss a Coin to your Goblin

[Hallway ==> Infirmary]

Olvisin leads Rose to the infirmary, where she'll try to maker her lie down on one of the beds.

"Yeah, you're right. We have no idea what caused this. Which isn't entirely good news, since if this gets worse we'll have no real clue what to do. But hopefully it doesn't get worse."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Rose sees what Olvisin is trying to do and gently pushes her away. "Nuh-uh. You're being boring about this. Observe!"

Over the next few minutes, Olvisin, the infirmary staff, any other patients present, and anyone reviewing the security footage later, will all be treated to a brief show of gymnastics, consisting of Rose stepping back a few paces before cartwheeling into the bed, landing in a suggestive modeling pose.

"You see what I mean? That could have been really dull." She grins, trailing her fingers along her hip. "I mean, I know I'm high as a kite, but that's no reason why you shouldn't have a little fun."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #1053

Quote Originally Posted by Gullara View Post
    [Demands of Snakes]

Kirk nods the the spirit, his expression quite neutral. He'll turn to Dena after, searching her face. "Well? I'm ready when you are." He prompts simply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hope for Babies]

After talking through the details at home, Sophie and Trick return to Astrana's office for their appointment. Today is the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Hope for Babies]

Trick knocks on the door, her tail swishing back and forth nervously. As much as they talked over, emotions don't respond well to logic and she's still a bit worried. Despite that, she's willing to go for it, so now's the time.
    [Hope for Babies]

Astrana opens the door with a smile. She's dressed in what could be described as a dancing outfit with a multicolored top and a short skirt.
    "Welcome, I trust that everything has gone well?" She inquires as she moves aside, letting them step inside the office.
    The first thing they'll likely notice is the bed which has been moved into the ritual circle. Though neither of them will probably have a hard time figuring out what's that about. It would explain why the circle is so big if its used for these sort of things.
    "Now, I took the initiative to move a bed over here in case that's the sort of solution you prefer. Though I understand if that would make you feel uncomfortable so there's also a way to simply do it at your own. Though then you would have to invite me inside so it all depends on what you would feel work best for you." Astrana looks between them. "I can leave you alone in here for a little while if you prefer discussing it just between the two of you. But I expect that the topic has already been brought up."

[Demands of Snakes=> Dena's Office]

"I quote myself a whole lot of years ago when I say 'let's get this over with'." Dena remarks.

Dena looks between Tina and Kirk as she leans back in her office chair. "So there you have it, apparently I'm pregnant. Joy." She doesn't sound particularly joyous.
    Her gaze turns to Tina. "And I don't want you talking about this with anyone. Least of all Cantata even if I know that you want to."

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dena's Office]

There was some forewarning of this, so Tina doesn't exactly freak out, but she looks positively giddy for a moment. And then indignant. "Hey, why are you just looking at me?!"

"Gee, Dena, I'd be more excited for you if you weren't like... giving this kid away. That's still the plan. Right?" Tina purses her lips. This really seems... odd, to her. Maybe she wants to say 'wrong', but isn't willing to.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Olvisin has to admit that is pretty cool. She doubts she could pull off anything even slightly like it.

"The medical practitioner in me wants me to tell you that you shouldn't perform acrobatics while under the influence of mind-altering substances... but that was pretty neat. You should stay here, but I don't think posing is off the table."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hope For Babies]

Trick considers it for a moment, "Seems like the best way forward would be to get it over with quickly, I think."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

[Hope For Babies]

Sophie runs her hand through her hair. Both options are going to be awkward, one way or the other. So she agrees with Trick.

"Yes, I think it's best to keep it here. I'm not sure if going back to our house would help that much and it would take more time."

8. - Top - End - #1058

[Infirmary]

Olvisin has to admit that is pretty cool. She doubts she could pull off anything even slightly like it.

"The medical practitioner in me wants me to tell you that you shouldn't perform acrobatics while under the influence of mind-altering substances... but that was pretty neat. You should stay here, but I don't think posing is off the table."
    [Infirmary]

"Of course posing is on the table. It worked out great for last year's calendar." Rose quips, flicking her cheek and letting out a little pop to punctuate the statement. "Ooooh that felt weird. I think I'm slightly numb on this side of my face. One sec." She reaches up and pinches her other cheek. "Mm, never mind, both sides. Also, I should tell you, you're a really pretty shade of orange right now. I don't know how you feel about body paint, but I'd be willing to show you when my eyes settle again. It's a great look for you."

Rose lays back on the bed, reaching into her pocket and producing her phone, which she sets on the stand next to the bed. "Okay, lost some of the feeling in my fingertips- oh wait, nevermind, they taste like strawberries now. Kind of. Hm." She pokes the sheets and lets out a vaguely impressed "ooh". "Mmm. Lemons."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-12-30 at 08:11 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ghost in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    I Hope You Meant Trusting

Magtok isn't sure how to respond to that. His usual answer is to scowl and say something even more snarky back, but we're trying to make up for a lack of professionalism earlier, keep Pania in the dark regarding the duo's muddled past, and figure out a way into this catgirl's pants.

"Wenomir has never felt so powerful," he finally answers weakly, after a moment or two of just looking back at Reina, struggling to find an appropriate response.

"Reina's got it, though. It should be like working out, right? Just using the same muscles over and over in a controlled environment until they adapt and grow stronger, except this time the muscle is your brain." That is how the plebs work out, right? Magtok's never been inside a gym in any of his lives, not even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [I'm Too Tired To Think of a Terrific Title]

"This wasn't a fluke. I can and I will do it again." But yes, it would be nice to learn how to do this without the whole splitting headache and being flung across the room thing. And actually... figure out how she did it. She wasn't exactly sure, it just kind of happened. Nothing would stop her from figuring that out though. "It's always been emotions based for me." Particularly anger. Which does make her powers very useful for fighting her foes, but it's probably not healthy in the long run.

"Montage? And what budget?" She asked. Oh no, Pania's new here! She doesn't understand how to properly address fourth wall breaks! Hopefully that doesn't make things awkward.

"And like working out, you can't get any stronger without pushing yourself a little." Pania affirmed the cyborgs gym analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Moving Mental Montage]

Magtok's response manages to draw a small smile from her face, honestly lights up her features quite well. It seems sometimes mediocrity passes better than any counter.

"You know what, don't worry about it. Just keep beating your head against the thing and it'll be over before you know it..." Reina suggests to Pania.

She can be confident about this because she pulls out her phone and pulls up some psychic training montage music. Which is obviously just Persona and Psychonauts OSTs, but she won't tell the copywrite lawyers if no one else does. The music begins and, so too, does the montage...

[Training Time-skip

As it turns out, the results of the previous psychic deflection were not quite as immediately repeatable as one would hope. The next command sent her to her knees, as did the one after that. And then, she managed to resist with another psychic blast. Then another. And then she failed once more. Another successful resistance soon followed, this one with a less violent psychic explosion. The montage would have to then be put on brief hiatus as the pain became too much and finally overcame Pania's pride. The break was probably much-needed, as by that point the projected headache would have become absolutely awful for the other occupants in the room as well.

And so progress was made. It wasn't easy. It wasn't the quickest. And it hurt like hell. But as the time passed, her resistance became more consistent. More directed. The wild explosion of force became more controlled, more directed. Weakened somewhat as well, sure, but by the time the playlist was coming to an end Pania was able to resist the command and only fling Magtok back when she wanted to. Which, unfortunately for the cyborg, was basically always still. And then, finally, Pania felt ready to try something else. The montage had been grueling, her head was on fire, but she felt ready. Every time that psychic command had rang through her head, she felt how it compelled her, how it bent her own body to it's will. And she learnt from it. So when Magtok next speaks "Kneel," not only does she resist. She looked towards the cyborg, with eyes fierce and determined, one hand outstretched as she directed all her pain and willpower into that one word... "Kneel." And as she spoke that word, Magtok would feel that compulsion. It was not nearly as powerful as Prime's recording, nor was it as refined- Magtok might well be able to resist it. But it was something, and the first time Pania had been able to use her own psychic powers to bend the body of another at least partially to her will.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Do we have a calendar?" Olvisin pauses. She didn't know they did, but then again at this point Rose might believe they do regardless of facts. "Tasting things seems harmless enough. Let's hope it sticks around. Can't say I've ever considered painting myself. Between transitioning and the cybernetic arms, my body has changed plenty."

11. - Top - End - #1061

[Infirmary]

"I wouldn't know if MERC does. I was talking about ARC. You're talking to Miss August 21-something-or-other." Rose giggles, sticking out her tongue. "Little joke. Probably the stupidest thing our organization's ever put out; you'd be surprised how much appeal you lose when everyone's faces are censored. And we can't not, obviously. I don't know whose idea it was, but it was still a fun project to get involved in." She grins and shakes her head, chin buried in her palm. "Ooh, coconut."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-12-30 at 01:56 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Olvisins ears perk up.

"A calendar with people's faces censored? That does sound mildly pointless. But we don't have such requirements and we've got plenty of good-looking people. I wonder how a MERC calendar would sell."

13. - Top - End - #1063

[Infirmary]

"Probably not as well as they did back home. I mean, there, we had the benefit of all people involved being the same species... KB-gene notwithstanding. Try the same thing here, and you have to contend with the fact at least one of your pages is gonna be downright repulsive to some part of your target audience... it'd be a balancing act, to be sure." Rose scratches her chin as she ponders this out. "Unless you take another tack entirely. I could see it working if it was a collection of motivators. Imagine spending March waking up to a picture of the boss telling you you're going to kick today's ass. Doesn't matter if you like goblins or not, Dippy tells you you're awesome, you're gonna feel it, you know?"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2021-12-30 at 05:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"I don't know, I think you underestimate the degree to which people find other species hot. I mean, some humans even like goblins. And vice versa." Olvisin's ears flick up and down. "And I'm not sure if I'd consider the boss to be the most inspiring motivator."

15. - Top - End - #1065

[Infirmary]

"...Eh, maybe you're right." Rose concedes with a shrug. "There are an awful lot of humanoids here. I guess that's enough of a baseline to try that route. Although..." She gives a little smile. "Isn't it weird how most of the women here, regardless of species, have this in common?" She draws a line around her waist and points up toward her chest, indicating "everything from the waist up". "I mean, I think I've seen maybe one exception since I got here, and she was a shapeshifter, so that doesn't count. Kind of funny how that works out, and..." She stops and stares at her fingers. "...Huh. Did these always smell like styrofoam?" She gives a quick sniff and shrugs.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Olvisin looks down at her own chest.

"You're right. I could say we're all mammals, but most mammals don't have those. Curious. And many people of all genders in all species can't get enough of them."

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Demands of Snakes=> Dena's Office]

"I quote myself a whole lot of years ago when I say 'let's get this over with'." Dena remarks.

Dena looks between Tina and Kirk as she leans back in her office chair. "So there you have it, apparently I'm pregnant. Joy." She doesn't sound particularly joyous.
    Her gaze turns to Tina. "And I don't want you talking about this with anyone. Least of all Cantata even if I know that you want to."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Dena's Office]

There was some forewarning of this, so Tina doesn't exactly freak out, but she looks positively giddy for a moment. And then indignant. "Hey, why are you just looking at me?!"

"Gee, Dena, I'd be more excited for you if you weren't like... giving this kid away. That's still the plan. Right?" Tina purses her lips. This really seems... odd, to her. Maybe she wants to say 'wrong', but isn't willing to.
    [Dena's Office]

"Because I know how to be discrete." Kirk answers Tina's first question.

"The point of all this is that she won't need to cover her eyes all the time. That is something to be excited about." Kirk reminds.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Barbarian in the Playground

Perfected Psychic Pummeling

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmai View Post
    [Training Time-skip

As it turns out, the results of the previous psychic deflection were not quite as immediately repeatable as one would hope. The next command sent her to her knees, as did the one after that. And then, she managed to resist with another psychic blast. Then another. And then she failed once more. Another successful resistance soon followed, this one with a less violent psychic explosion. The montage would have to then be put on brief hiatus as the pain became too much and finally overcame Pania's pride. The break was probably much-needed, as by that point the projected headache would have become absolutely awful for the other occupants in the room as well.

And so progress was made. It wasn't easy. It wasn't the quickest. And it hurt like hell. But as the time passed, her resistance became more consistent. More directed. The wild explosion of force became more controlled, more directed. Weakened somewhat as well, sure, but by the time the playlist was coming to an end Pania was able to resist the command and only fling Magtok back when she wanted to. Which, unfortunately for the cyborg, was basically always still. And then, finally, Pania felt ready to try something else. The montage had been grueling, her head was on fire, but she felt ready. Every time that psychic command had rang through her head, she felt how it compelled her, how it bent her own body to it's will. And she learnt from it. So when Magtok next speaks "Kneel," not only does she resist. She looked towards the cyborg, with eyes fierce and determined, one hand outstretched as she directed all her pain and willpower into that one word... "Kneel." And as she spoke that word, Magtok would feel that compulsion. It was not nearly as powerful as Prime's recording, nor was it as refined- Magtok might well be able to resist it. But it was something, and the first time Pania had been able to use her own psychic powers to bend the body of another at least partially to her will.

When Magtok finally drops to his knees, there's a moment where he's not sure if it's because of Pania's voice or exhaustion finally causing his legs to give out. Getting thrown around like a ragdoll so many times takes a lot out of you, even when you do your best to brace for it each time. If his pride hadn't gotten in the way, maybe he would've asked to swap in Reina to take some of the telekinetic attacks in his place. Maybe there wouldn't be a Magtok-shaped impression in the training room mats if he had. Blugh, and maybe his head wouldn't be ringing like someone stuffed an entire church bell inside his skull.

"Oh ****," he murmurs, half to himself. He was starting to wonder if this was ever going to work, if Pania's flavor of psychic weirdness was just incompatible with what he wanted to achieve. There was never any guarantee, really. I mean, I don't think DC was ever capable of this sort of thing, was he? He blinks a few times as he tries to push himself back up, which takes two attempts before he can finally get back on his feet. Weird how the hostile, intrusive thought lingers like that even when he knows it's not his.

"I think...I think you did it, Pania. Whew. Alright, step one complete!" he exclaims tiredly. He's pretty sure this is the first and only time he'll ever be happy to be forced to kneel to someone else. Gods know it sure as heck isn't happening ever again, either. Just the thought is enough to make our cyborg's stomach turn, ick.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #1069

[Infirmary]

Olvisin looks down at her own chest.

"You're right. I could say we're all mammals, but most mammals don't have those. Curious. And many people of all genders in all species can't get enough of them."
    [Infirmary]

"...I mean, I was talking a little more generally, but yeah." Rose agrees. "Which I suppose is fortunate for me, really. Huh. Wish I'd thought of that sooner." She yawns and stretches, snuggling herself in under the covers of the infirmary bed. "Oooh, feels loud. That's pleasant." She grimaces. "Mind if I saw logs for a bit? I'm not sure if it's our mystery spice or that workout, but I'm feeling pretty drowsy..."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Sleeping it off actually sounds like a very fine idea," Olvisin says. "Maybe once you wake up you'll stop tasting your fingers."

21. - Top - End - #1071

[Infirmary]

"I hope so. The last thing I need is to be the way we learn that a certain goblin spice permanently switches around human senses." Rose smirks. "Although the scrambling itself certainly is interesting. Probably gonna give me some weird dreams, though." She gives Olvisin a little wave, officially dismissing her.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

[Kneeling Killer Kitten]

Reina claps her hands together once, just to draw their attention. Not an applause, even if she did feel like giving Pania some praise for tossing Magtok around so much. Still, she winces as she does so. Her head doesn't hurt as much as theirs' perhaps, but she's gotten a headache just from kneeling down and passively resisting from over here as she watches. Perhaps the sweat lining her brow indicates how much she has been secretly fighting too.

But now she stands back up, thankful her legs can stretch. "That's more than enough for today. I think we all need to stop and kneel," Reina says.

There is zero psychic compulsion behind the word, but given the training they just went through, Reina's concerned about the psychological response to the word now. If Pania and Magtok have been conditioned to react a certain way like Pavlov's dog without even knowing it. If muscle memory kicks in and they immediately either kneel or fight the compulsion. Because if that happens, then there's definitely been some unintended consequences.

And if it doesn't, great! That's one little test completed that was probably completely unnecessary and Reina will blow off as a joke. "Haha, sorry. Just checking to see if I spontaneously developed psychic powers. Anyways, for real though. We should break here, figure out step two, and come back in a few days. Sound good?" If every day can't be leg day, then every day can't be brain day either.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #1073

[Something Spicy]

A while after Olvisin leaves, Rose sits up in bed and sighs. The spice might have made her feel pretty drowsy, but it didn't seem to actually be helping her sleep; she was getting too hot under the covers to actually be comfortable, but was still too cold without them. She's managed a few minute-long bouts of slumber at best; not especially restful, really. She needs something to occupy her mind while she recovers.

She retrieves her phone from the stand next to the bed and starts idly flicking through it. Did she remember to install any games on this thing? Apparently not; she's got her messaging apps and not much else. Maybe she could talk to someone to alleviate her boredom.

Rose scrolls through her contacts and considers her options. She quickly rules out her old co-workers; Miranda and Klaus would both just get mad at her, and Vlad and Eun would be boring. Then there are a few MERC contacts; Olvisin, Dipsnig, Astrana, Fayyaad... all fine choices, but since she works with them, that could lead to awkwardness later. Beyond that, there aren't many oth-

Oh. There's still Raven. Or, as she's labeled in the phone, "Empress♡". Rose has sort of wanted to follow up with her anyway, just to make sure she's okay; the catgirl seemed emotionally fragile and Rose did walk out sort of abruptly, not long after she said she wouldn't (under duress, but still).

On the other hand, part of the point of today was to reset after spending all that time with her, getting back to a psychologically stable point before taking on another assignment. Their relationship was definitely of the toxic variety... if "toxic" was even an adequate description for "literally tried to murder her at the first sign of weakness".

Maybe... maybe just a few. She'll check up on Raven, and that's it. No getting sucked in or doing anything all that stupid. Right? Right.

<cakeeater68> hey raven
    <cakeeater68> raaaaaaaaven
    <cakeeater68> guess what im wearing right now

Maybe not the most traditional way to start a conversation, but it seems to be the sort of thing she won't ignore. Hopefully.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #1074

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Dena's Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    [Hope For Babies]

Trick considers it for a moment, "Seems like the best way forward would be to get it over with quickly, I think."
    [Hope For Babies]

Sophie runs her hand through her hair. Both options are going to be awkward, one way or the other. So she agrees with Trick.

"Yes, I think it's best to keep it here. I'm not sure if going back to our house would help that much and it would take more time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullara View Post
    [Dena's Office]

"Because I know how to be discrete." Kirk answers Tina's first question.

"The point of all this is that she won't need to cover her eyes all the time. That is something to be excited about." Kirk reminds.
    [Dena's Office]

"I never wanted a kid, Tina. So yeah, of course that's still the plan. Since I might as well make my womb earn its keep, right? Its about time it does something actually useful considering it only brought me pain so far." And human women would be infertile at her age.

"I don't even get why you see this as weird. I thought humans did this sort of thing as well? It's only practical." Her reservations were mainly about the recipients of the baby.

[Hope For Babies]

"Okay, then I bid you to take your seat as I will have some additional questions." Astrana sits down behind her desk and gestures for them to take the other seats. "Of course, given the nature of these questions you don't need to answer them if you want to decline. These are just offers that my other clients have found helpful in this situation."

The warlock looks between the two. "First of all, do either of you think this would be made easier with an aphrodisiac? It's something I've had requested to me before and what people use even outside situations like this. I've several types with various degrees of effect that are by no means harmful to either you or the offspring."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-01-06 at 06:43 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

[Hope For Babies]

Sophie breathes out, managing to keep composed even if the suggestion takes her off-guard. It's a reasonable one, she has to admit. Even if she'd rather not rely on it now.

"I think I'm fine without one. Unless you'd prefer we used it, dear." If it helps Trick, she'll go for it.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hope For Babies]

"I'm fine without. This wouldn't be the first time I've done a carnal ritual," Trick says bluntly, though that isn't something she's actually told Sophie before.
    Last edited by Halae; 2022-01-06 at 12:36 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

[Something Spicy]

A pause. An interval. A moment.
    Nothing. Was Raven going to text back?
    A minute longer.
    Had she seen it? Did Raven turn off her read receipts?

No one would blame Rose for putting the phone away. To plop it down with a frustrated sigh. Flick the power off. Or even more drastically, send further messages.

On the cusp of Rose's decision, three dots appear. Anxiety is replaced with tension of a different sort.

The three dots disappear.

The three dots reappear.

Rose's text sound finally blurts out of her phone.
    <KittyQueen> An Evil Uniform?

What consists of an evil uniform? Something stylish? Potentially very tight? Lots of leather maybe? Which kind of evil uniform is Raven imagining? She doesn't exactly have her mecha-zombies dress up in minion regular.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2022-01-07 at 01:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #1078

[Something Spicy]

Despite their relationship being built on a gigantic lie on Rose's part, she lets out a giddy squeal when she gets a response. Part of her was worried Raven would be too upset to even answer; clearly, she was worried for nothing.

cakeeater68 is typing...

<cakeeater68> limbo
    <cakeeater68> lmao*
    <cakeeater68> dammit autocorrect
    <cakeeater68> but no, sorry. did not get a job at magdonalds when u weren't looking :p

That would meet the criteria, right? The uniform for a corporation headed by an evil overlord would be evil by extension, yeah? Although, if they had the kind of uniform Raven was picturing, going in for a burger and fries would definitely be an interesting experience.

cakeeater68 is typing...

<cakeeater68> besides, knowing me, im surprised u guessed anything at all ;)
    <cakeeater68> hows my favorite evil empress holding up? did u get the flowers i sent?

Asking the real questions here.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

[Something Spicy]

KittyQueen is typing...

<KittyQueen> Ugh.
    <KittyQueen> Please don't.
    <KittyQueen> Burn down every Magdonalds you see. Trust me.

Nothing could be less sexy than bringing up Magdonalds to Magtok's daughter. Rose loses five affection points!

KittyQueen is typing...

Pause.

KittyQueen is typing...

<KittyQueen> I did.

KittyQueen is typing...

Pause.

KittyQueen is typing...

<KittyQueen> Just working on a very special project.
    <KittyQueen> You're going to love it.
    <KittyQueen> I mean, was working on.
    <KittyQueen> Packing away all the important things right now.

Those real questions weren't answered very thoroughly. It's unhealthy to not communicate fully!
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1080

[Something Spicy]

Rose's smile drops a little when she reads the messages. The way Raven framed them made her meaning somewhat ambiguous. Did she mean she burned down every Magdonalds she saw? For anyone else, Rose might assume she just read it in the wrong context, but Raven... well, she could very well mean that.

Rose sighs and shakes her head. For the purposes of this conversation, it'd be better to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she was talking about the flowers.

Then there's the matter of this "project". Last time Raven presented her with a surprise she was going to "love" like that, it turned out to be a scalpel across the neck. She can only assume Raven's planning to set a heart-shaped section of the city on fire or something.

But again, benefit of the doubt. Raven could go either way, really.

cakeeater68 is typing...

<cakeeater68> oh really?
    <cakeeater68> is it a surprise? it kind of sounds like its meant to be a surprise
    <cakeeater68> come ooon. cant i have just a tiny little hint?
    <cakeeater68> i might be able to make it worthwhile ;)

<cakeeater68> although, full disclosure: im high as [curtains] right now
    <cakeeater68> whoops

Raven's shown some reluctance to let Rose in on her schemes before, and this sounds like something she wants to keep a conspicuous secret. Hence the extra persuasion.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-01-07 at 05:36 AM.