New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XIX: Toss a Coin to your Goblin

[Mrs. Tina visits MERC]

"Yeah I'm okay, babe, I'm... fine," She shrugs her little shoulders. "Open your eyes. It's okay. Look at me."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mrs. Tina visits MERC]

Dena turns to face her but doesn't quite dare to open her eyes, still recalling what had happened last time. "What happened? Did you see them? First Kirk, now you..." She remarks with a wimper as tears start to run down her cheeks. Even if Tina sounded alright the memory of Kirk seeing her eyes was suddenly all too clear and now she was cursing herself for being so careless. She had almost killed two of the people she cared the most for now.

3. - Top - End - #153

[Mrs. Fettina visits MERC]

"Dena..." Fettina leans forward and kisses some of the tears from Dena's cheeks. She'll feel a warmth spread through her that relaxes and revitalizes. She holds her friend in a hug. "I'm okay. I'm okay. You can't hurt me. It's okay... Your eyes are beautiful..."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2021-01-18 at 03:52 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #154

[Mrs. Fettina visits MERC]

The feeling of relaxation does help a lot in a situation like this and Dena slowly opens her eyes, though at this point she seems to have some difficulty seeing as they're look sore with her tears. "This is so weird. You were actually immune thanks to all that angel stuff?" Dena asks, making a rather unfeminine snort as some snot have started to run out of her nose. She had suddenly recalled that Tina had wanted to try to test if she were shortly after she had turned into an angel but Dena hadn't wished to risk it. She should have figured she'd have that typical Tina go-happy-dumb-luck.

5. - Top - End - #155

[Mrs. Fettina goes to MERC]

"It's okay. Yeah. I guess I am," Fettina grins. She tries to hug Dena tight. "So don't be scared."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #156

This time Tina can feel Dena relaxing fully in her arms as she embraces her in the hug.
    "I'm not... scared..." Dena starts, sounding like she's starting to attempt to take control of her voice again. The snakes that makes up her hair all acting remarkably subdued at the moment. Just moving affectionally against the parts of Tina that comes in contact with them.
    "...'guess I was for a little bit." She softly murmurs in Tina's ear just a moment later as she's returning the hug, just holding Tina tightly against her for a moment. "Can you imagine..." The gorgon shakes her head as if dismissing the thought as soon as it had occured to her. "Guess we can scop it up to your legendary luck, huh?" She continues with more of her usual confidence even as she continues to hold her friend close.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-01-18 at 04:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157

"My tough girl... of course not..." Fettina squeezes her one more time before letting go. She spreads her wings and smiles... and she looks as glorious as the sun for a moment. Surrounded by a halo of lights. "Don't worry. Tina is here. All thanks to my legendary luck!"

Last edited by Murkus; 2021-01-18 at 04:26 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #158

The gorgon is dumbstruck as Tina pulls away and she get a glimpse of something she never seen before.
    The ever horny spectacle Tina-disaster, for a moment she thought she didn't recognize her at all until she realized she was looking at all those aspects of her friend that she never rarely if ever mentioned as it didn't go well with her snarky persona. Tina's endless energy, her loyalty, her way of bounching back no matter what, and most of all that ever endearing positive outlook she seemed to have despite the fact she suspect she might be depressed behind it all.

The fact that she could see all this without her sunglasses in the way made it all better even if the light made her narrow her eyes a bit.
    She nods slowly as if agreeing, her mouth left open in a half-gasp. "...yeah..." Dena starts, suddenly feeling like smiling again. "You're truly awesome, you know that right, Tina? I don't think I've mentioned that nearly enough. Like, you just gave away a light and... I'm serious. You should have seen yourself. It looked... I dunno, otherworldly, divine. Angel-like I suppose. I've just never truly seen it before until that moment and it was something, let me tell you that. Really wish you could have seen yourself."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2021-01-18 at 04:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159

[Mrs. Fettina Goes to MERC]

"Well I'm here for you if you need it, babe..." Fettina smiles. She touches her face. There's suddenly something... masculine... about Fettina's face. Slightly smoother, twinkish, slim. "Hey I feel... weird... do I look weird?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #160

"Come on, don't undersell it." Dena remarks, feeling that Tina shouldn't switch back the focus on comforting her when she had just had done something so amazing. "You did something truly angel-like there. Like I could, I dunno, see you for a moment. Like the you you. Your inner essence or whatever." She pauses as Tina touches her face, a subtle change happening. Was this another miracle? Dena wasn't sure she could properly react to another one after all that had happened in such a short amount of time.

Tina getting upset, that gift, Tina seeing her eyes and her immunity. Then that transcendant experience she just had... it all had left an emotional toll that Dena wasn't used to take. She kept herself subdued most time, not reacting more strongly than she needed to. Tina had just turned all that on its head though. "I... guess you look a bit different. You feeling okay? I should remind you that you're still staring at my eyes." Her sunglasses had fallen off at some point and Dena was suddenly glad she had locked the door. Didn't want some random member walk in and get petrified.

11. - Top - End - #161

Mrs. Fettina goes to MERC

Fettina reaches forward and touches Dena's face. "I'd rather not stop. You've got the most gorgeous eyes, Dena. I never wanna look at anything else, yeah I feel... warm... like I just got touched by an angel..." Fettina tries to lean forward and plant a kiss on Dena's mouth. And he melts... his lips are warm, his tongue is warm... and getting hotter... "Ah! Dena!" Fetty gives a start. "I can kiss you!"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2021-01-18 at 10:09 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    [Parcelgeist]

The spirit, oddly, doesn't move. Instead, the ink simply reshapes itself once more. INCORRECT. YOU HAVE ACCESS TO INQUIRE, NOT TO COMMAND. PLEASE CONTINUE WITH YOUR INQUIRIES..

Leis blinks at this. "Okay, I guess we're not out of the woods yet. But it isn't causing any havoc like this, so maybe you can keep it busy asking questions and I'll see if I can prepare a banishment spell?"
    [Parcelgeist]

"Oh." Valerie deflates a bit. Maybe she misunderstood what this one did. "Um, I'm not sure how many questions I get. How quick can you be?"

She looks warily at the spirit, wondering if not asking question will loosen her hold. Best to ask something. "Who sent you here?" She asks.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Mrs. Fettina goes to MERC

Fettina reaches forward and touches Dena's face. "I'd rather not stop. You've got the most gorgeous eyes, Dena. I never wanna look at anything else, yeah I feel... warm... like I just got touched by an angel..." Fettina tries to lean forward and plant a kiss on Dena's mouth. And he melts... his lips are warm, his tongue is warm... and getting hotter... "Ah! Dena!" Fetty gives a start. "I can kiss you!"
    Dena chuckles as to hide her nervousness. She didn’t want to linger too long on these emotional moments but now Tina was touching her face and complimenting her eyes. All while suddenly looking startlingly masculine. “Come on, you of anyone should be able to take a compliment about how great you are. You’re just-“ Then she’s kissed and left speechless for a moment as she does a double take on Tinas face. She really did look...

Dena quickly averts her gaze and looks down, only to be hit with another realization. “Holy ****, Tina, you’re a dude!” A beat. “Why’re you a dude? This doesn’t make any sense.”

14. - Top - End - #164

"Quit telling me how great I am! And... I dunno! I think it must have been that little... moment we had there!" She looks down. "And I'm feeling... really funny... like I haven't in months..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"Quit telling me how great I am! And... I dunno! I think it must have been that little... moment we had there!" She looks down. "And I'm feeling... really funny... like I haven't in months..."
    So now she suddenly didn’t want to hear that, huh? Guess she had to go back to berating her then. “‘Really funny’?” She inquires as she looks up at Tina again. This did feel oddly familiar but she didn’t look like “Tiny” now. She looked like something... more.
    “I mean, I’d also feel really funny if I turned into a guy like you keep doing. Sexes are like lovers to you, huh? Can’t stick with one of them.” Dena prods Tinas chest experimentally, yup, that was a proper washboard alright. Six-pack and everything included.

16. - Top - End - #166

[[Mrs. Fettina Goes to MERC]

"No, Dena, I think I'm like this because... of you. You find me sexy. Don't you?" Fetty leans back. He's still as gorgeous as ever and giving off that supernatural, almost divine radiance, eyes pearls, his face smooth and smug, his mouth a clever line. "I think it knew it and it knew we were... close, and it wanted to make me... the most attractive to you."

Yeah he's got a couple of twunky pecs and a washboard tummy now. Huh. Fettina's shirt clings to them.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #167

Dena let's go of Tina and steps back as to get a full view of her. While Tina definitely looked masculine now, she didn't stop thinking of her as a she even if parts of her definitely felt otherwise.
    She lets out a low whistle, feeling that Tina's question kinda answered itself once she got a chance to inspect her. "'It'?" She inquires with a raised eyebrow. "I mean... good job, you do look... good." Divine might be a better description.

If Tina's current appearance is influenced by Dena's taste she would be taller, though not as tall as Dena, and still be rather scrawny despite the added muscles.

18. - Top - End - #168

Fetty puts his hands on his hips. He's definitely still in Fettina's clothes - a tank top showing off his silvery-blue arms, a slim pair of pants, boots. He's on the scawny side alright, and he's gotten a little taller. "You really think so?" Fetty blushes a little. "I think you're supposed to think so."

"And I mean, you know, it. This curse. This thing that affects me. Why I'm... like this." He looks down at himself. "Wow I feel... different. Hot."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #169

"Hot as in warm or...?" She puts her hand on her shoulder as to see what she meant. "But can you really call it a 'curse' at this point? Seems more... neutral to me. Especially if it's doing all this. I just hope it isn't messing with your head. You're still the same Tina, right?" She pokes her chest playfully.

20. - Top - End - #170

"No, I guess... it's not..." Fetty looks at her in this odd way. Yeah, he's literally warm to the touch. Pleasantly so...

"Of course I am. I just feel... like I haven't in a while. And you're looking really good right now."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #171

"Like-" Oh, now she finally realized what was going on. "Yeah, I can see that. Yikes." She pauses a moment, taking a deep breath. Couldn't be impulsive, had to think this through. "And Cantata is fine with you... being with other people? Don't want that wedding gift to get awkward."

22. - Top - End - #172

"I mean... she knows we're not exclusive. It just hasn't come up a ton because I'm... I haven't been able to..." Fetty looks away, blushing bright orange.

"Why do you ask?" Fetty looks at her. "You... want that right now?"

And the curtain can probably fall there.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #173

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Parcelgeist]

"Oh." Valerie deflates a bit. Maybe she misunderstood what this one did. "Um, I'm not sure how many questions I get. How quick can you be?"

She looks warily at the spirit, wondering if not asking question will loosen her hold. Best to ask something. "Who sent you here?" She asks.

Parcelgeist

"Just grabbing a few supplies from Astrana's office, should take like two minutes," the tiefling answers, tail swinging behind her as she turns to go before remembering to reach out a hand and ask for the key. Once that's all said and done she'll hurry off in a burst of motion, hoping not to let Valerie down.

It doesn't end up taking much time for the spirit to answer this question, the ink simply forming into a single word this time.
    UNKNOWN.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

[Parcelgeist]

"Okay. Uh, hurry." Valerie turns her attention back to the spirit. "Then what were you doing here?" It just seemed like general messing with things, but maybe there was a method to it."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside Offices]

A green ork arrives here, though perhaps dork is a better word given his rather tacky tweed sweater and the way he wipes his bald, sweaty head with a handkerchief. Regardless, he is a customer in waiting with a job he needs to discuss. Preferably discretely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

[Riverside Offices]

The ork will be greeted by a half-ogre clerk, who will lead him to a separate desk away from the main reception area upon his request for discretion. He then gets ready to hear about the details of the job, notepad in hand.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #177

The Parcelgeist

”Accessing... files,” the poltergeist answers simply, floating before Valerie. Leis still hasn’t made it back yet, but it shouldn’t take too much longer.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Parcelgeist]

That's actually really concerning. Is this some kinda plot to steal info from Merc. "Were you taking files? Copying them?"

[Dragon Scholar Update]

Kirk arrives back in the evening. It's likely Dena's not in her office at this point, so he messages her to ask where she is before heading to meet her.

29. - Top - End - #179

Parcelgeist

A single word forms in the floating ink as Leis peels around the corner and hurries back, a bundle of objects and herbs in her arms. "COPYING"

"Okay! I think I got the things we need to banish this thing!" The accountant announces as she comes to a stop, out of breath. "Some serpent's bones and Gorgonroot to try and cast a spell, a bundle of sage, rosemary and bay to burn if that doesn't work, and a rod of iron in case that doesn't work either." It might sound like she's being super prepared, or like she just grabbed anything she recognized as a component in any sort of banishing ritual or spell.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #180

[Dragon Scholar Update]

"I'm just in my workshop, Kirk. The door's open." Dena says as he calls her.
    Sure enough, her workshop which is right next to her office, there's even a door between them, is open. Dena is sitting bent over her forge table with small form of welder in her hand and a visor covering her face. Looks like she's been using the welder to weld in runes into metal rod.
    As he opens the door she stops and turns in her chair to face him Dena flips up the welding visor to reveal that she's wearing her goggles underneath it. "How did it go?"