New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Left 4 Dead 3

1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

Honestly if there hadn't been a beast and a vigilante I would have thought there would be 4 wolves, 3 if one's a Beast- I would have never guessed 2.

And Yay for me theorically Baning correctly! I figured gac3 was the most likely target, but I didn't even think to ask if I had been Voided until later. If I can ask, what was the other mistake you mentioned?

To be fair, if there hadn't been that whole triangle between CC, Unavenger and Caerulea we could have easily lynched CC instead of ra (they were pretty even) and then worked on that and possibly let rogue_alchemist go. The wolves were still in desperately low numbers but it could have gone better indeed for them.

I was so sure ra was lying about being Corpsman xD turns out they were lying the opposite way. Their defense looked pretty sus but I was dead sure it was a lie about being Corpsman, uh (in addition to being Town obviously).

I was even starting to suspect JeenLeen because it seemed weird for them to have thought I was calling somebody a wolf when they were the ones to ask for an opinion (and so presumably red everything).
    And good thing nobody asked me about outcomes in case rogue_alchemist flipped Town or Wolf, because I realized after a while that I was drawing a blank. I don't know if I had forgotten the people tied to ra's wagon or if it had become irrelevant.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Honestly if there hadn't been a beast and a vigilante I would have thought there would be 4 wolves, 3 if one's a Beast- I would have never guessed 2.

And Yay for me theorically Baning correctly! I figured gac3 was the most likely target, but I didn't even think to ask if I had been Voided until later. If I can ask, what was the other mistake you mentioned?
    The low number of wolves.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think we just did a speedrun of WW/Mafia

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Whoa it's over? I figured at least three wolves so this confused me to wake up to. It didn't matter so no hard feelings but I do feel a tad conflicted about knowing I would have survived a zombia apocalypse.

Also I was 100% convinced when I died that Unavenger was a wolf.

I also assumed I was a fake spy because I scried Jeen as reporter after their claim but nope.

If I've learned anything it's that gac3 is a seer and wolves should kill him.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Hey, you can't plan for everything, AV.
    Any game where I'm fatally mob-stabbed is a win in my book!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Bugbear in the Playground

I would love to know how Cao chose Apogee N1, just luck? strategy? Is it generally considered good practice for the vig to randomly kill people? Kill anyone they are at least 25% sure about?

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

With 2 Town Paranoids plus other baners, that seemed a really bad set-up for the wolves. Even though one of the Paranoids ghosted. On the other hand, I could see it becoming a fun thing for the wolves as the Town did things like "well, obviously someone is lying; no way the dice favored us with so many baners!" and lynched our own baners, then lynched the other baners as obviously lying wolves.

And, yeah, I can see the what-ifs. I definitely would have accused Cao of being a wolf if he lived through N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark
    I was even starting to suspect JeenLeen because it seemed weird for them to have thought I was calling somebody a wolf when they were the ones to ask for an opinion (and so presumably red everything).
    I figured I'd be suspected sooner or later due to my D1 scheme, plus just being really distracted. I was made the manager of my team at work, and acclimating to that while working at home with little kids is difficult. These games are fun, but have a certain tension that is less fun with other stressors. I might skip the next game, but not sure yet.

--

[quote]their defense looks pretty sus[/spoiler]

What does "sus" mean? Oh... suspicious?

---

On the dice mechanic. That sounds cool, and would be so annoying to program due to the recursive nature of duplicate rolls. Still, could be a fun project, albeit it one I don't think I'll undertake for fun. (I did do a nifty program for Don't Rest Your Head, with some crazy recursive code to determine which dice pool dominates.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I would love to know how Cao chose Apogee N1, just luck? strategy? Is it generally considered good practice for the vig to randomly kill people? Kill anyone they are at least 25% sure about?
    I think most folk say the vigiliante shouldn't kill (without good reason) N1, but I admit I'd be inclined to use my power if it was "kill someone or do nothing".

I'm not sure why Cao was suspicious of Apogee, but I admit Apogee looked so wolfish in some comments that I figured he must be town. But maybe that was the beast trying to lure heat, so that (not N1 but later) he gets taken out first.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=JeenLeen;24765711]

their defense looks pretty sus[/spoiler]

What does "sus" mean? Oh... suspicious?

I think most folk say the vigiliante shouldn't kill (without good reason) N1, but I admit I'd be inclined to use my power if it was "kill someone or do nothing".
    Oh gods did I really write 'sus'? XD yes, it means suspicious. I've been watching too many Among Us videos where people accuse each other using that term, evidently.

I'm echoing Jeen- I don't think a randomly shooting vigilante is good for Town, but I'd probably do it if I was just because that's my power.
    If I had reason to suspect somebody I would definitely do it.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Oh gods did I really write 'sus'? XD yes, it means suspicious. I've been watching too many Among Us videos where people accuse each other using that term, evidently.
    I didn't notice at all lol, I've probably also been watching too many Among Us videos...
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

10. - Top - End - #190

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm mostly used to sus/NS from Town of Salem where the same lingo is used.

11. - Top - End - #191

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Maybe a little bit of both? So, I am normally super cautious and wouldn't have done that but this game Vigilantes are confirmed to be town (and I suppose would in all games). For some reason I also thought that Vigilantes were supposed to kill whenever they could, since it is eliminating suspicious people no matter which side they are on but I don't know that's accurate.

My plan was to shoot someone who I was kind of suspicious of and call my kill out to Valmark ahead of time - when two kills came up there would be a confirmed Vigilante and calling my shot ahead of time would hopefully give me townie points (plus I didn't think Wolves would go after Apogee as their kill). I thought Jeen was a Spy who could confirm my role (or I could definitively tell him he was getting wrong info) so I mostly wanted to verify myself.

Wouldn't have been the best plan if I was wrong, especially with a bunch of docs around. If gac3 lived and I picked wrong I'd probably look super suspicious.

My QT, for my going back and forth on the kill.

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/exssP9E73k6

Reason for Apogee: On day 1, the only people who left their vote as a vote were Holy-Hunter (new), rogue_alchemist (3 people "voting" him), CaoimhinTheCape (1 person "voting" him), Captain Cap (2 people "voting" him), and Apogee (0 people voting him).

Apogee risked nothing by giving up his vote for a QT so why actually vote? I assumed he was a Wolf and his buddy was in danger, so he wanted a vote out there, especially since Captain Cap seemed willing to leave his vote as a vote too. I figured if I guessed right and Apogee was a Wolf, we'd also have leads on the next wolf.

@AV Were there any fake roles in the game? Conspiracy Nut instead of spy?

I would want to play with this ruleset again, especially with the gamer role getting a chance to do thing and the opportunity for fake roles.
    Last edited by CaoimhinTheCape; 2020-10-22 at 11:17 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Also I was 100% convinced when I died that Unavenger was a wolf.
    Rude.

Any reason?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    Maybe a little bit of both? So, I am normally super cautious and wouldn't have done that but this game Vigilantes are confirmed to be town (and I suppose would in all games). For some reason I also thought that Vigilantes were supposed to kill whenever they could, since it is eliminating suspicious people no matter which side they are on but I don't know that's accurate.

My plan was to shoot someone who I was kind of suspicious of and call my kill out to Valmark ahead of time - when two kills came up there would be a confirmed Vigilante and calling my shot ahead of time would hopefully give me townie points (plus I didn't think Wolves would go after Apogee as their kill). I thought Jeen was a Spy who could confirm my role (or I could definitively tell him he was getting wrong info) so I mostly wanted to verify myself.

Wouldn't have been the best plan if I was wrong, especially with a bunch of docs around. If gac3 lived and I picked wrong I'd probably look super suspicious.

My QT, for my going back and forth on the kill.

https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/exssP9E73k6

Reason for Apogee: On day 1, the only people who left their vote as a vote were Holy-Hunter (new), rogue_alchemist (3 people "voting" him), CaoimhinTheCape (1 person "voting" him), Captain Cap (2 people "voting" him), and Apogee (0 people voting him).

Apogee risked nothing by giving up his vote for a QT so why actually vote? I assumed he was a Wolf and his buddy was in danger, so he wanted a vote out there, especially since Captain Cap seemed willing to leave his vote as a vote too. I figured if I guessed right and Apogee was a Wolf, we'd also have leads on the next wolf.

@AV Were there any fake roles in the game? Conspiracy Nut instead of spy?

I would want to play with this ruleset again, especially with the gamer role getting a chance to do thing and the opportunity for fake roles.
    Nope, the spy was the real spy.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Rude.

Any reason?
    Well some comments I wasn't sure about but the big thing was it felt like you soft claimed teacher or psychopath so I asked you which you were. I didn't get another response and then died all of a sudden. Then I had a deleted message in our QT. So I was convinced I was right about psychopath and was killed for it.

15. - Top - End - #195

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Well some comments I wasn't sure about but the big thing was it felt like you soft claimed teacher or psychopath so I asked you which you were. I didn't get another response and then died all of a sudden. Then I had a deleted message in our QT. So I was convinced I was right about psychopath and was killed for it.
    Oh, no, the message was me saying that I didn't mean that I was a sometimes-on vote-manipulation power, just that I didn't specifically claim not to be vote-manipulation at all. I'd genuinely not realised you were dead, hence me sending that message at all.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Oh, no, the message was me saying that I didn't mean that I was a sometimes-on vote-manipulation power, just that I didn't specifically claim not to be vote-manipulation at all. I'd genuinely not realised you were dead, hence me sending that message at all.
    Oh well. It all worked out in the end.