Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 196

Thread: Left 4 Dead 3

  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    D2 Interim Vote Count:
    - rogue_alchemist (3): The Outsider, Captain Cap, Caerulea
    - Captain Cap (3): Caerulea, PartyOfRogues, rogue_alchemist, JeenLeen
    - PartyOfRogues (0): Valmark,
    - Caerulea (1): Valmark
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Caeruela, like ra said, if you think alchemist is likely to be a wolf and Cap has even odds, why are you voting for the latter?
    Now I'm even more curious as to why you didn't vote rogue_alchemist immediately.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Land of Dreams
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Now I'm even more curious as to why you didn't vote rogue_alchemist immediately.
    I wanted to see how Captain Cap would respond.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

    You may use whatever pronouns you like when referring to me.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    I wanted to see how Captain Cap would respond.
    Mmm... Makes sense. You did get a hefty reply out of it.

    I'm going to put my vote on rogue_alchemist too for the reasons previously stated.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-20 at 03:21 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    @JeenLeen I was rereading your comments and there's something that is leaving me perplexed.

    Here you say that your intention was to draw the wolves attention on yourself to protect more important townies (like the Spy):
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I lied D1, figuring it would help protect the more important townies (e.g., seer, real Spy--though sad about gac3). Wanted to get a network started, with me as a target for the wolves.
    But in your claiming post, at the end you write this:
    Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    If there is another Spy/Conspiracy Nut, and you'd rather try to lead the network, feel free to claim if you think it's wise to, since my real life stuff doesn't make me ideal.
    If you wanted to protect the Spy by claiming the role in their place, why did you invite the real Spy/Conspiracy Nut to reveal themself? Wouldn't that have made your attempt pointless?

    Now that I think about, it's quite strange that no one targeted the only claiming 10/10 Survivor tonight (except me, as I used my Detection power on you).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait a second, no one targeted JeenLeen! There's no way the Paranoid protected him!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PartyOfRouges View Post
    According to JeenLeen, he is the watcher and targeted Cao, which we already know killed Apogee1. And even if they could prove watcher, that doesn’t mean they’re town. Suspicious for now, but we can’t lynch them today anyways since I am the Paranoid
    Holy hell! I was so concentrated on rogue_alchemist that this completely went over my head!

    Rogue_alchemist is lying! Except me no one targeted JeenLeen tonight, definitely not him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unless the voided me, but why would they have targeted me?

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    @JeenLeen I was rereading your comments and there's something that is leaving me perplexed.

    Here you say that your intention was to draw the wolves attention on yourself to protect more important townies (like the Spy):

    But in your claiming post, at the end you write this:

    If you wanted to protect the Spy by claiming the role in their place, why did you invite the real Spy/Conspiracy Nut to reveal themself? Wouldn't that have made your attempt pointless?

    Now that I think about, it's quite strange that no one targeted the only claiming 10/10 Survivor tonight (except me, as I used my Detection power on you).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait a second, no one targeted JeenLeen! There's no way the Paranoid protected him!

    - - - Updated - - -


    Holy hell! I was so concentrated on rogue_alchemist that this completely went over my head!

    Rogue_alchemist is lying! Except me no one targeted JeenLeen tonight, definitely not him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unless the voided me, but why would they have targeted me?
    ...wait, I'm lost. Shouldn't PoR be lying?
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Did you mean that PartyOfRouges is lying? Because that's what I took away from that post.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-10-20 at 02:24 PM.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Also you're claiming or did I miss something? What exactly?
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Land of Dreams
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Wait a second, no one targeted JeenLeen! There's no way the Paranoid protected him!

    - - - Updated - - -


    Holy hell! I was so concentrated on rogue_alchemist that this completely went over my head!

    Rogue_alchemist is lying! Except me no one targeted JeenLeen tonight, definitely not him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unless the voided me, but why would they have targeted me?
    Are you claiming watcher? That's what I'm getting from your post. If you are, do you mind posting exactly the result you got?
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-10-20 at 02:22 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

    You may use whatever pronouns you like when referring to me.

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Three quotes that you may find interesting. One by me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Partyofrogues, apropos of nothing in particular. Obviously there's nothing really to go on. Luckily, we have the chance to network by giving up our votes, I suppose. I'm not sure whether or not people should make it obvious whether they're doing that or not, mind. Certainly I see that knowing which votes are real and which ones aren't makes it easier for the wolves to avoid suspicion, but they can always tell which of each other's votes are real. Everyone else can be argued to lose out by not pressuring the wolves into making their networking public. On the other hand, I can see the problems with this. Few conclusions will be possible just from who's networking. Fewer still will be possible without knowing who they're networking with. It's easy to argue that you're just inviting the wolves to kill the people you're trying to network with. Can town use the information as well as the wolves can? Eh. Really, I'm not sure either way.
    ....one that I got via quicktopic from AvatarVecna...

    "JeenLeen was targeted by gac3, PartyOfRouges, and Unavenger."

    And one that I do not believe from Captain Cap:

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Holy hell! I was so concentrated on rogue_alchemist that this completely went over my head!

    rogue_alchemist [I think he means PartyOfRogues] is lying! Except me no one targeted JeenLeen tonight, definitely not him.
    So, I claim that I am police officer and always have been and Captain Cap is a filthy lying carrier.

    EDIT: Goddammit Caerulea.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-10-20 at 03:57 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    I'm gonna have to read the first letter of every single post from now on, just to see if I can spot hints.

    There's two options here. One is that Captain Cap is a wolf who just made the biggest of goofs. The other is that they got voided, and if that's the case, the voider should really speak up now to help clear this up.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  11. - Top - End - #101
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    @AvatatVecna: does a voided player with a Detection power get any feedback? (Assuming they were using their Detection power). Does it vary from Detecting somebody who hasn't been targeted by anybody else?
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I'm gonna have to read the first letter of every single post from now on, just to see if I can spot hints.
    That just means I'll have to mix up my cryptograms so they're less obvious at a glance.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    That just means I'll have to mix up my cryptograms so they're less obvious at a glance.
    Meanwhile, my mind's blown.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Caerulea's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Land of Dreams
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Can there be two town police officers?
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not a humanoid. Come not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

    You may use whatever pronouns you like when referring to me.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Can there be two town police officers?
    The answer is theoretically "Yes" but I regard this as unlikely enough (notwithstanding the fact that he'd have to be voided and voiding would have to work a specific way) that I'm assuming he is in fact bad.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    @rogue_alchemist, did you void Captain Cap? Because Outsider and Caerulea would have said so if they did (since they already posted) and I think everybody else but me and you claimed? And I'm no Voider.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    I was in a hurry, I wrote by mistake rogue_alchemist instead of PartyOfRouges.

    I'm the Jack of All Trades and I used my Detection power this night.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    Are you claiming watcher? That's what I'm getting from your post. If you are, do you mind posting exactly the result you got?
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    I was in a hurry, I wrote by mistake rogue_alchemist instead of PartyOfRouges.

    I'm the Jack of All Trades and I used my Detection power this night.
    Can you reply to Caerulea's question?
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    This is the message I got from AvatarVecna:
    You learn nothing.

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    @JeenLeen I was rereading your comments and there's something that is leaving me perplexed.

    Here you say that your intention was to draw the wolves attention on yourself to protect more important townies (like the Spy):

    But in your claiming post, at the end you write this:

    If you wanted to protect the Spy by claiming the role in their place, why did you invite the real Spy/Conspiracy Nut to reveal themself? Wouldn't that have made your attempt pointless?

    Now that I think about, it's quite strange that no one targeted the only claiming 10/10 Survivor tonight (except me, as I used my Detection power on you).

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wait a second, no one targeted JeenLeen! There's no way the Paranoid protected him!

    - - - Updated - - -


    Holy hell! I was so concentrated on rogue_alchemist that this completely went over my head!

    Rogue_alchemist is lying! Except me no one targeted JeenLeen tonight, definitely not him.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unless the voided me, but why would they have targeted me?
    Yea he isn't the only one to confuse to two of us, but this looks pretty bad to mix up me and PoR, when we have both been active and you are quoting text about this directly.

    Anyways, I am not a voider, though I would prefer not to claim just yet if I don't have to, as I can be of some help. PoR looks pretty suspicious right now. I'm going to switch, though CaptainCap needs to have a close eye kept on him. Vote PartyofRogues
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-10-20 at 03:27 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    Anyways, I am not a voider
    This implies that Captain Cap is not, in fact, telling the truth, and that PartyOfRogues does not look suspicious in particular, so I'm a little confused by the vote?

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    This implies that Captain Cap is not, in fact, telling the truth, and that PartyOfRogues does not look suspicious in particular, so I'm a little confused by the vote?
    Why does that imply I'm not telling the truth?
    If I wasn't voided, no one apart from me targeted JeenLeen, thus PartyOfRouges is lying.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    Why does that imply I'm not telling the truth?
    If I wasn't voided, no one apart from me targeted JeenLeen, thus PartyOfRouges is lying.
    It implies you're not telling the truth because I know PartyOfRogues targeted JeenLeen and you didn't because I'm the police officer.

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    It implies you're not telling the truth because I know PartyOfRogues targeted JeenLeen and you didn't because I'm the police officer.
    A police officer can be a wolf.

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Aug 2019

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    I was under the impression that Caerulea was the voider. But the sentence that gave me said impression has been edited out of their 3:21 post. I'm going to tentatively put my vote on Captain Cap since no voiders have spoken up, but let it be known that the edited post makes me a bit sus.
    Last edited by The Outsider; 2020-10-20 at 04:29 PM.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.


  26. - Top - End - #116
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    So, if CC is a wolf, good.

    If they aren't, we have Unavenger and PoR as wolves. Seems easy enough.

    Captain Cap.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-20 at 04:20 PM.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  27. - Top - End - #117
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    A police officer can be a wolf.
    Yes, it's possible that we're both wolves, and I just happened to crypto a role that by sheer coincidence turned out to be useful to me the day after I cryptoed it. It's also possible that you're a lying wolf. What's more likely?

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I was under the impression Caerulea was the voider. But the sentence that gave me said impression has been edited out of their 3:21 post. I'm going to tentatively put my vote on Captain Cap since no voiders have spoken up, but let it be known that the edited post makes me a bit sus.
    Can you quote which post it was? "3:21" doesn't mean much with different timezones.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? The Thing currently recruiting!


  29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    SwashbucklerGuy

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Tuscany, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Yes, it's possible that we're both wolves, and I just happened to crypto a role that by sheer coincidence turned out to be useful to me the day after I cryptoed it. It's also possible that you're a lying wolf. What's more likely?
    I'm not doubting you're the Police Officer, I'm doubting you're a Survivor: you could have cryptoed it either way, given either way you would have been a Police Officer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    So, if CC is a wolf, good.

    If they aren't, we have Unavenger and PoR as wolves. Seems easy enough.

    Captain Cap.
    Fine by me.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Gender
    Intersex

    Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    I'm not doubting you're the Police Officer, I'm doubting you're a Survivor: you could have cryptoed it either way, given either way you would have been a Police Officer.
    Yes, so you're insinuating that I just happened to have a role that I could use to make town lynch you today, and that I'm willing to 1v1 you as wolf which is a stupid idea when I have no votes on me and am generally under no suspicion, and as noted, will be lynched tomorrow if you're town? It takes a leap of faith.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •