New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead 3

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Left 4 Dead 3

Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    Three quotes that you may find interesting. One by me...

....one that I got via quicktopic from AvatarVecna...

"JeenLeen was targeted by gac3, PartyOfRouges, and Unavenger."

And one that I do not believe from Captain Cap:

So, I claim that I am police officer and always have been and Captain Cap is a filthy lying carrier.
    Yea, you guys ninja'd me bad. I am having trouble keeping up with it all, but I now think CaptainCap is even more suspicious, so I am moving my vote back to him.
    Last edited by rogue_alchemist; 2020-10-20 at 06:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Yes, so you're insinuating that I just happened to have a role that I could use to make town lynch you today, and that I'm willing to 1v1 you as wolf which is a stupid idea when I have no votes on me and am generally under no suspicion, and as noted, will be lynched tomorrow if you're town? It takes a leap of faith.
    It doesn't really matter at this point, when I'll flip town you and your accomplice will be done for.

Well guys, it has been a pleasure to fight at your side. Maybe this is my right punishment for having killed the innocent Xihirli.
    Goodbye,

Captain Cap
    Last edited by Captain Cap; 2020-10-21 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo

3. - Top - End - #123
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    Can you quote which post it was? "3:21" doesn't mean much with different timezones.
    Oh yeah, different time zones. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea
    Are you claiming watcher? That's what I'm getting from your post. If you are, do you mind posting exactly the result you got?
    The part that was edited was
    I have a hunch that PartyOfRouges isn't lying on purpose.
    I can see it from the outside.
    And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

I'm an idiot- I forgot gac3 told me they were going to target Jeen tonight.

Unless they lied to me (seems unlikely, they contacted me first and offered that information out of their own will) there is no way CC's truthful.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, there is a way but in light of what we know it seems unlikely.

5. - Top - End - #125

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm an idiot- I forgot gac3 told me they were going to target Jeen tonight.

Unless they lied to me (seems unlikely, they contacted me first and offered that information out of their own will) there is no way CC's truthful.
    I was hoping that wouldn't be necessary for you to say out loud, particularly since I already knew that you were in contact and suspected that he told you (in fact I only watched Jeen in the first place to see if gac3 was lying when he told me he intended to target Jeen, never realising that the information I gained would catch Captain Cap).

6. - Top - End - #126

vote count:
    rogue_alchemist (1): (The Outsider), (Captain Cap), Caerulea, (Valmark)
    Captain Cap (6): (Caerulea), PartyOfRogues, (rogue_alchemist), JeenLeen, Unavenger, Valmark, rogue_alchemist, Captain Cap
    PartyOfRogues (0): (Valmark), (The Outsider), (rogue_alchemist)
    Caerulea (0): (Valmark)

marked out votes are in parenthesis.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

I was hoping that wouldn't be necessary for you to say out loud, particularly since I already knew that you were in contact and suspected that he told you (in fact I only watched Jeen in the first place to see if gac3 was lying when he told me he intended to target Jeen, never realising that the information I gained would catch Captain Cap).
    I figured it'd be better to say that aloud for everybody else to be convinced- but thanks for keeping it secret just in case (not that there was anything sensitive said there).

8. - Top - End - #128

SwashbucklerGuy

Now I'll go to bed. I'll just suggest you to start thinking what to do in case I'll turn town.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I actually have a somewhat crazy theory: Neither of the two conflicting parties is lying, the Alcoholic is in this game and is a wolf, and is playing the Town for saps. And since I've already given my theory on a possible candidate for an Alcoholic...

But that theory relies too much on unconfirmed details. So I'm going to keep my vote on Captain Cap, and come back to it if they flip Town. Or if Caerulea gives a solid claim.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

In all of this I'm assuming HH ghosted- otherwise it could have been them too to void, though it still looks improbable now.

11. - Top - End - #131

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I actually have a somewhat crazy theory: Neither of the two conflicting parties is lying, the Alcoholic is in this game and is a wolf, and is playing the Town for saps.
    I'd considered the possibility. Sadly, if it's true, only two people in the town will know by tonight and neither of them - me nor PoR - will be trusted. Certainly if Cap flips down I'd want to know who the voider is before anyone has a chance to hang me, although... maybe three mislynches is one too many anyway? I don't know. I can only hope that the simplest solution, that Cap is a wolf, is the true one.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

I actually have a somewhat crazy theory: Neither of the two conflicting parties is lying, the Alcoholic is in this game and is a wolf, and is playing the Town for saps. And since I've already given my theory on a possible candidate for an Alcoholic...

But that theory relies too much on unconfirmed details. So I'm going to keep my vote on Captain Cap, and come back to it if they flip Town. Or if Caerulea gives a solid claim.
    Actually, reading it now? There's only two roles that can Void, and one of them is the JOAT who CC claimed, saying they used a Detect.

Thing is, I was voided. So even if Caerulea was the Alcoholic they couldn't have voided CC.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless repeats. I forget about that.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Actually, reading it now? There's only two roles that can Void, and one of them is the JOAT who CC claimed, saying they used a Detect.

Thing is, I was voided. So even if Caerulea was the Alcoholic they couldn't have voided CC.

- - - Updated - - -

That's actually good to know. So that we can avoid confusion in the future, what exactly does being voided look like?

14. - Top - End - #134

WolfInSheepsClothing

- - - Updated - - -

Still, repeats are unlikely enough that it's just another nick in Okham's Razor and I can now safely say that if Cap flips town and we lose, it's only because of a horrifyingly unlikely series of events that happened to lead to us screwing each other over in the most convoluted way possible. I feel reasonably safe killing Cap now and will feel cheated by lady luck if Cap does flip town.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

That's actually good to know. So that we can avoid confusion in the future, what exactly does being voided look like?
    I assume it changes from role to role, but in my case I had no whatsoever feedback in my QT.

16. - Top - End - #136

BlueWizardGirl

CAPTAIN CAP WAS VOIDED LAST NIGHT EVERYONE. I AM TOWN-ALIGNED ALCHOLIC, AND I VOIDED HIM. Full post coming in a sec.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

17. - Top - End - #137

WolfInSheepsClothing

Ah, damn, I thought I had someone. Taking my vote down for now.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-10-20 at 03:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138

I am about to leave for the day, but I will try to get on one more time tonight to change my vote depending on Caerulea's post.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    CAPTAIN CAP WAS VOIDED LAST NIGHT EVERYONE. I AM TOWN-ALIGNED ALCHOLIC, AND I VOIDED HIM. Full post coming in a sec.
    You had a hunch indeed xD

...this means there are really three voiders running around? Captain Cap (one time only), Caerulea and whoever voided me?

20. - Top - End - #140

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    I am about to leave for the day, but I will try to get on one more time tonight to change my vote depending on Caerulea's post.
    Just remember the crossing-out rules in this game if you do need to change it.

EDIT

You had a hunch indeed xD

...this means there are really three voiders running around? Captain Cap (one time only), Caerulea and whoever voided me?
    Maybe, although Cap could still be lying. Cae could be lying. You coul... I don't think you're lying? But you could be for all I actually know.

This is more complicated than the open-and-shut case I thought I had, is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by Unavenger; 2020-10-20 at 04:02 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cap View Post
    This is the message I got from AvatarVecna:
    You learn nothing.
    And this, ladies and gentleman, is what a void looks like, in the case of a person who has an intelligence gathering power. How in the world Captain Cap interpreted this as nobody else targeted JeenLeen is beyond me, but it's very, very clearly a void.
    Yea he isn't the only one to confuse to two of us, but this looks pretty bad to mix up me and PoR, when we have both been active and you are quoting text about this directly.

Anyways, I am not a voider, though I would prefer not to claim just yet if I don't have to, as I can be of some help. PoR looks pretty suspicious right now. I'm going to switch, though CaptainCap needs to have a close eye kept on him. Vote PartyofRogues
    So we have an almost certainly lying wolf in Captain Cap (at least at the time this was posted) and you're just going to throw your vote away? I'm quite suspicious of this. PoR is also not suspicious, at least to me. Yes, they might become suspicious depending on how Captain Cap flips, but Captain Cap didn't flip yet, so you're just assuming one outcome instead of, y'know, voting CC to actually test it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a little concerned by Valmark's statement here, considering I know what a void looks like (CC) and this contradicts that. So either Valmark has an information gathering power, and is lying, or they have some other power. That would be Corpseman/Veteran/Baner (in which case this is the expected outcome of not blocking a kill), Paranoid/Double-baner (see baner), or Teacher/Day-Baner. The last option is that he's a lying wolf. I don't want to take a chance at lynching a potentially very important person, but I'm suspicious of him.

Leaving my vote on rogue_alchemist because I really think we should kill him, and I am pretty against killing the Captain. Captain Cap could be a wolf, but the way he reads is a townie who was attacked, and then panicked D1, and again D2 when unavenger hard accused him.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies for not posting all of this earlier, I really didn't think everyone would suddenly dogpile Captain Cap in the two hours I was practicing violin.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies for not posting all of this earlier, I really didn't think everyone would suddenly dogpile Captain Cap in the two hours I was practicing violin.
    And that is why violin is often used as background music for the death of characters :p

rogue_alchemist, back to the drawing board together with what Caerulea pointed out. I feel much better about CC, Caerulea and Unavenger's towniness based on the way they talked.

Outsider feels towny too, but I don't want to start trusting too many people all at once, thank you.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

That is perfectly fair, considering that with the advent of a new void power I don't quite trust you either.

Not to toot my own horn, but I really love being right about things. It doesn't happen too often. But before I get caught up in that, back to rogue_alchemist for my vote.

24. - Top - End - #144

BlueWizardGirl

Vote counting time. If we don't want to kill a (probably innocent) person, let's change our votes.
    rogue_alchemist (4): Caerulea, Valmark, The Outsider, Unavenger
    Captain Cap (4): PartyOfRogues, JeenLeen, rogue_alchemist, Captain Cap
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2020-10-20 at 05:05 PM. Reason: oops
    Extended Signature.

she/her

25. - Top - End - #145

WolfInSheepsClothing

I did actually cross out my vote before you posted that.

Let the record show that I'm not certain any more but my instinct is that rogue_alchemist is at least little more likely than Captain Cap.

26. - Top - End - #146

AssassinGuy

Alright, rouge_alchemist it is

27. - Top - End - #147

Alright, back to me. So I guess claim time since I don't see any other way of resolving this. I am the corpsman. I baned myself last night as I didn't know who I could trust. So I am in the wide open now for wolves. I'm 7/10 town based on opening roles, so not lock, but good odds. I don't know what other info I can offer. As I said earlier, I am getting off for the day, so I will go cross out my vote and hope the train moves on. If not, I'll be back in ~12 hrs.

28. - Top - End - #148

vote count:
    rogue_alchemist (5): (The Outsider), (Captain Cap), Caerulea, (Valmark), Valmark, The Outsider, Unavenger, PartyOfRogues
    Captain Cap (2): (Caerulea), (PartyOfRogues), (rogue_alchemist), JeenLeen, (Unavenger), (Valmark), (rogue_alchemist), Captain Cap
    PartyOfRogues (0): (Valmark), (The Outsider), (rogue_alchemist)
    Caerulea (0): (Valmark)
    not voting (1): rogue_alchemist

marked out votes are in parenthesis.

though I noticed something weird:
    Vote counting time. If we don't want to kill a (probably innocent) person, let's change our votes.
    rogue_alchemist (4): Caerulea, Valmark, The Outsider, Unavenger
    Captain Cap (4): PartyOfRogues, JeenLeen, rogue_alchemist, Captain Cap
    I did actually cross out my vote before you posted that.

Let the record show that I'm not certain any more but my instinct is that rogue_alchemist is at least little more likely than Captain Cap.
    Caerulea posted a vote count that had Unavenger voting against me before Unavenger actually posted their vote against me... I know they could be legitimately networked and Unavenger said something there first, but seems pretty strange to me.

29. - Top - End - #149

WolfInSheepsClothing

though I noticed something weird:

Caerulea posted a vote count that had Unavenger voting against me before Unavenger actually posted their vote against me... I know they could be legitimately networked and Unavenger said something there first, but seems pretty strange to me.
    I can explain that. Caerulea originally had me voting for Captain Cap, but by that point I'd crossed out my old vote - but not revoted - which they missed. In the post you just quoted, I pointed out that I crossed out my vote. Cae removed the old vote for Cap in the edit, but added the new vote - which was for you - that had actually happened in the post after the count, by mistake.

30. - Top - End - #150

BlueWizardGirl

I can explain that. Caerulea originally had me voting for Captain Cap, but by that point I'd crossed out my old vote - but not revoted - which they missed. In the post you just quoted, I pointed out that I crossed out my vote. Cae removed the old vote for Cap in the edit, but added the new vote - which was for you - that had actually happened in the post after the count, by mistake.
    This is correct. I'll be more explicit in my edit message next time.
    Extended Signature.

she/her