Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 81
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Juli mulls over her choices for a minute.
    For talents, I’ll take Energy Splash, Detect Psionics, and Flickering Light.
    Powers, hmmm. Astral Construct for sure, and then Psionic Minor Creation and Entangling Ectoplasm.


    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    I don’t see a spot on my sheet to record powers known.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Sorry, I meant to add that to your sheet. I added it and went ahead and recorded your powers known too.


    The very moment you select your final power known, your vision goes completely black, and you feel a intense sensation of vertigo which passes quickly.

    You feel something cold and hard on your back, the air around you damp and cold.

    You are surrounded by silence, broken only by the sound of your own breathing.

    You realize that you are lying on the ground, your eyes closed.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Well. That was... an experience. No turning back now.

    Juli feels the coolness in the air around her and shivers a little, though whether it was due to the temperature, her anxiety, or her excitement, she couldn’t tell. Opening her eyes, she attempts to stand up and take a look at her surroundings.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    You find yourself laying on the floor in a darkened cave. The chamber is roughly round and about 10 feet across. Though clearly stone, it's too smooth to be a completely natural cavern, as if something hollowed it out to make into a burrow.

    Near the center of the chamber in a shallow depression is a small pool of liquid. You'd call it water, except that the faint light that barely illuminates the cave seems to be emanating from the fluid.

    A dark tunnel short enough that you'll need to stoop to walk through is visible in the wall opposite where you awakened.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Alright, we’ve got glowing water. Let’s analyze it and see what we learn. If it’s not harmful, maybe I want to try a sip.
    Juli will make concentration checks until she achieves psionic focus, then expend focus to manifest Detect Psionics, analyzing the water and the room around her. After the power expires, she’ll regain focus.

    Assuming that she doesn’t learn that the water is harmful in some way, she’ll gather some up with her hands and drink it.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    You detect nothing. Literally nothing. As far as your power is concerned, the room you are in does not exist.

    Or perhaps it's simply stopped by some force that blocks divinations. That could also be a possibility.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-10-27 at 03:03 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Well, nuts. I would’ve thought glowing water would have shown up as *something*, but I guess not. At least that means it’s probably safe to drink?

    Juli takes a sip of the water, and if nothing bad happens, she drinks a couple more mouthfuls.

    Last thing before I leave— maybe there’s something under the water?

    Juli has Aja make a Search check for (1d20)[11] to try and find anything under the water.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    The "water" is cool and has a slight fizz to it that tickles on the way down. It is incredibly pleasant, even though it continues to be a bit prickly in your belly for a few seconds after swallowing.

    After drinking enough to quench your thirst, a glowing gold buff icon shaped like an open book appears in the top left of your vision.

    Sacred Water
    You gain 25% increased Experience.
    (23:59:58)

    The puddle of water is approximately 1 inch deep and 10 inches across. You can find nothing hidden within it.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-10-27 at 03:28 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Alright, well, I think that’s all I’ll be getting out of this room.

    After checking the buff, Juli walks through the passageway.

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Do I have low-light/darkvision?
    Chaotic Good, probably

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know. Do you? You haven't noticed anything just happen with your vision.


    You duck and enter the tunnel, which travels about 10 feet before turning sharply to the left, travels another 20 feet, and then ends in a blank wall. The ceiling, however, rapidly rises, and you find yourself able to stand. About two inches above the top of your head is what appears to be a stone door set into the ceiling of the tunnel.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-10-29 at 11:56 AM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Alright, so I’m definitely underground. I should check everything over before I go any further.

    Juli opens and looks over her character sheet, stopping when she notices two abilities that she hadn’t seen before.

    Huh, I wonder what “Hearthstone” and “Resilience” are. I thought the game was supposed to inform you of new abilities... this all seems very strange.

    Mentally, she asks the game what those abilities do. Assuming it’s nothing that would immediately affect her, she opens the doors above her and manifests Detect Psionics again (and regains her focus), scanning whatever she can see.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-29 at 12:03 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    You find that your system menus are significantly different from what you have experienced previously; however, there are enough similarities that you find yourself able to intuitively navigate through them without difficulty.

    Unfortunately, there appear to be only 3 tabs: Character Sheet, Inventory, and Experience. There do appear to be several additional tabs beyond those, but they are heavily greyed out and insubstantial.

    You are able to see a description of the Hearthstone ability by mentally clicking on it. When you click on the ability, you also feel a mild mental pull back towards the room where you started.

    When you click on the "Resilience" ability, the resulting system message is blank.

    Spoiler: DM Note
    Show
    Character Sheet and Inventory are condensed to a single sheet on the spreadsheet but are considered different menus in the game world.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Does Juli/Aja notice anything when she used Detect Psionics again?


    “Wait, really? I missed something in my spawn room? Guess I’ve gotta be more careful.” Juli wonders out loud. She then crouches back and inspects the room thoroughly (taking 20 on Search, Spot, and Listen checks).
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-29 at 02:49 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Detect psionics still detects absolutely nothing, you don't even get a confirmation of there being no auras. it's just... nothing.

    As you return to the cave, you notice a small obelisk about six inches tall on the ground near the entry to the tunnel. It's the same color as the stone of the cave, with the exception of a pale purple gem of nearly flawless quality embedded in the side facing he tunnel.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Well, not sure how I missed that. I guess I should... touch it? It doesn’t look like I can take it with me, in any case. Detect is still wonking out, but they wouldn’t put a trap in spawn, right?

    Juli has Aja walk over to the crystal and touch it.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-30 at 10:08 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Hearthstone Discovered
    Do you wish to bind your soul to this hearthstone
    to be revived here upon death?
    | Yes | No |
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Uh, yes. Not permanently dying sounds great.

    Juli selects Yes.

    After doing so, assuming nothing earth-shattering occurs, she heads back through the tunnel, opens the doors she had seen, and crawls through them.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-30 at 10:36 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    The purple gems flares with a bright light, causing the obelisk to glow as brightly as a torch, and you feel relaxed, filled with the comfort of home.

    You open the door and climb through, finding yourself surrounded by rubble. Bits of stone, plaster, and rotting wood, are piled up around you roughly near where the walls of a building once stood.

    You look around a bit and realize that your are in the middle of rolling farmlands. To your right, you spot a small village about a 10 minute walk away.



    You can see a massive forest surrounding the village on two sides, forming a natural barrier that stretches for miles.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Wow, a spawn near a town? Must be my lucky day. There’s probably loot in the forest too, but I should be careful.

    Juli begins to inspect the area around her, taking 20 (for a total of 21) on a Search check. She also attempts to recall information about where in the world she might be with a Knowledge: Geography check, and what the name of the town is with a Knowledge: Local check. She also looks over whatever equipment she might have in her Inventory tab.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Geography: (1d20)[17] for information about the area
    Local: (1d20)[3] for information about the town
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-30 at 12:06 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    You find some rubble, mostly smaller pieces of rock about the size of your fist.

    This land seems pretty good for farming. The climate seems temperate, and the gently rolling hills show evidence of plenty of rainfall but little flooding.

    You definitely remember this place. Noobtown.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Ah, so *this* is Noobtown. Well, it doesn’t seem like I’ve got much— I don’t think I have any money, even.
    Juli ponders her options for a minute.
    Let’s go check out the forest, shall we? Finding my way back shouldn’t be too difficult, especially if I’m not too dumb about it.

    Juli is going to head towards the forest, looking for any enemies. She’s going to head in a straight path away from the village, and scrape her foot in the ground as she goes to leave a path.

    As she travels, she also inspects her avatar, seeing how lifelike they are and what equipment and items they spawned with.

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Search and Spot checks to find encounters if needed:
    Search: (1d20)[14]
    Spot: (1d20+1)[18]
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-30 at 12:51 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Your inspection reveals that you have only one item in your possession, something labeled as a Starter "Robe" which reminds you of a hospital gown, albeit made of slightly thicker material than the paper used in most hospital gowns.

    Spoiler: The Starter Robe
    Show

    You find absolutely no other items on your inventory page.

    As you approach the forest, you see a large number of rabbits gathered in the direction of the town between the trees and the cultivated farmlands.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Okay, so all I’ve got is just a hospital gown. This game really doesn’t like giving me stuff, does it? Juli wonders as she trudged towards the forest.

    She stops when she notices the rabbits, trying her best to not make any undue amounts of noise.

    Alright, what do we want to do here? A straight-up attack would probably just cause them to flee, but I don’t think there’s much else I can do. A thought flashes through her mind. Oh! I can summon a construct too. I can at least try to get two kills that way.

    Juli prepares to attack.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Juli approaches the rabbits as quietly as possible, stopping 55 feet from the closest rabbit. She then spends one power point to summon an Astral Construct, which lasts for 1 round. She then moves 30 feet towards the rabbits and manifests Entangling Ectoplasm on the closest one. Her construct charges, attacking a non-entangled rabbit that is adjacent to another rabbit. If it hits, it attempts to use Cleave on an adjacent, non-entangled rabbit.
    Move Silently (if needed): (1d20)[20]
    Hide (if needed): [/roll]1d20[/roll]
    edit: whoops, rolled in dice thread. Got an 8
    Initiative (if needed): (1d20+2)[3]
    Ranged touch attack for Entangling Ectoplasm: (1d20)[11]
    Entangles for 5 rounds on hit
    Melee charge attack for Construct: (1d20+4)[22]
    Deals (1d4+3)[4] B on hit
    Cleave attack for Construct: (1d20+2)[16]
    Deals (1d4+3)[4] B on hit

    Construct: level 1 Astral Construct with Cleave and Celerity from the A menu
    Edit: if possible, I’ll apply Lesser Metaphysical Construct instead of Celerity. Not sure whether you allow Mind’s Eye stuff. I don’t have Advanced Construction regardless.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-31 at 03:40 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Spoiler: DM
    Show
    That's 3.0 psionics stuff. I don't typically allow that, even if it appears compatible. I do allow most of Mind's Eye, but only from 2004 or later, i.e. articles that postdate XPH publication.

    If you roll elsewhere, please provide a link to the roll. Otherwise, you can roll on the discord in the dice roll channel without posting a link, as that's pretty easy for me to find.

    You summon your astral construct and then sneak towards the rabbits.

    The rabbits are clearly aware of you, but other than moving just a bit to maintain at least 5 feet of distance, they don't seem to care that you're there and continue munching on a bit of clover.

    Your ectoplasm splashes harmlessly into the ground and dissipates.

    Your construct charges, kills two rabbits, and then also dissipates. The two remaining rabbits in the group bound away and quickly disappear from sight.

    Encounter Notice
    Enemies Defeated:
    Enemies Dispersed:

    Experience Gained:
    2
    2

    90
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    That worked well. Shame I wasted a power point, but it is what it is.

    Juli opens up her character sheet, noticing that her Experience page was empty. “Hey, game? Do I have to fill out the experience page myself, and do I have to calculate experience bonuses too?” she asks out loud, only half expecting an answer. If nothing happens, she fills it in herself, assuming that the 90 XP does not include her bonus from the Sacred Water.

    Juli will then go hunting for more rabbits.
    Spoiler: Rabbit hunting
    Show
    Juli is going to wander around looking for more rabbits until the sun starts to set or she gets to 1 power point. Her strategy is thus: if she finds a group of one or two rabbits, she’ll manifest Energy Splash - Fire by expending focus until the rabbits are killed or driven off. If there’s at least three in a group, she’ll also summon an Astral Construct with Cleave and Celerity, commanding it to attack two adjacent rabbits. Every time she finishes combat without focus, she meditates until she gets focus back.

    She’ll also gather the rabbits cooked up by her Energy Splash and bring their meat with her, gathering up however many rabbits she thinks she can eat before they will start to go bad.
    (Prof: Chef check to determine how long it will take a cooked rabbit to spoil: (1d20)[9])
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-11-05 at 11:58 AM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Figured I should probably include some rolls too!

    Energy Splash attacks (all doing 2 fire damage):
    (1d20)[15] vs touch
    (1d20)[6] vs touch
    (1d20)[1] vs touch
    (1d20)[8] vs touch
    (1d20)[2] vs touch
    (1d20)[18] vs touch
    (1d20)[16] vs touch
    (1d20)[19] vs touch
    (1d20)[18] vs touch
    (1d20)[3] vs touch

    Construct attacks:
    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d4+3)[6]

    (1d20+2)[3]
    (1d4+3)[4]

    (1d20+2)[20]
    (1d4+3)[5]

    (1d20+2)[19]
    (1d4+3)[6]

    (1d20+2)[13]
    (1d4+3)[7]

    (1d20+2)[16]
    (1d4+3)[4]

    (1d20+2)[16]
    (1d4+3)[4]

    (1d20+2)[4]
    (1d4+3)[7]

    (1d20+2)[22]
    (1d4+3)[5]

    (1d20+2)[7]
    (1d4+3)[7]
    Chaotic Good, probably

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Rabbits Groupings
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[1]
    (1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[2]
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Actually, you're already down to a single power point. With a base of 3 and spending 1 each on entangling ectoplasm and astral construct, you're down to your last point.

    As you almost trip over your own feet at this realization, you see an apparently human woman approaching you.

    "Nice day for hunting rabbits, isn’t it?"
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    In4Dimensions's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Frozen Hell
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    Juli’s annoyance at herself for wasting a third of her daily resources is brushed aside by the presence of the other (presumed) player. “Uh, yeah, I guess” Juli says, startled and just a little peeved. “I take it you’re a player too? I haven’t seen anyone else yet, though I think my game glitched out. Had to remake my character and everything, but oh well.”

    Juli waits a moment for the other woman to respond.

    “Did you wanna go hunt rabbits together? I’m out of most of my power points, but I’ve still got an attack talent and my tail as a natural weapon. Also, I’m only level 1, so I might not be too helpful if you’re a higher level.”
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-11-05 at 04:58 PM.
    Chaotic Good, probably

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Rizban's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aldhaven
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

    The System seems a bit sluggish in responding to certain events as you suddenly receive what appears to be a delayed notification.

    Achievement: Killed a Monster
    You have killed your first Monster. Gain 10 experience.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •