New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Portal to D&D IC - In4Dimensions

“And that should...” Aja mumbles to herself as she pulls up her character sheet, “pay off my EXP debt!” As she’s flicking through the sheet, she also notices that she’s still injured from her most recent fight with the not-rabbit. Not wanting to take any more risks than she’s already taking, she heads back to her cave to heal up, bringing with her the corpse of the not-rabbit she had killed, setting it by the pool. Once she’s at full health, she searches for more rabbits.

(1d20+1)[18] - charge
    (1d6-1)[0]

(1d20-1)[8] - AoO
    (1d6-1)[2]

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

You find (1d4+1)[2] rabbits in a group and manage to attack and kill one while the others scatter.(5d100)[46][75][67][62][21](271)

Encounter Notice
    Enemies Defeated:
    Enemies Dispersed:

Experience Gained:

Last edited by Rizban; 2020-12-08 at 02:02 PM.
    Spoiler: Links to my content threads
    Show
    Aldhaven - May 27, 2010 and ongoing.
    Aldhaven Rules and Homebrew (aldhaven.com)

Character Repository
    Homebrew List
    Quod tibi vis fieri, facias.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

“Huh. I guess even a 0-damage attack kills a rabbit. Odd,” Juli muses to herself. She then sets off in search of... more rabbits!

(1d20+1)[13]
    (1d6-1)[1]

(1d20-1)[16]
    (1d6-1)[2]

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: DM
    Show
    Damage can't be reduced lower than 1 from low Str. That's standard for D&D 3.5.

(1d4+1)[3] more rabbits are found.

you charge in, managing to kill one and then killing a second as they flee. The third escapes.

Encounter Notice
    Enemies Defeated:
    Enemies Dispersed:

Experience Gained:

Last edited by Rizban; 2020-12-08 at 03:20 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    I think my job tonight is to re-read the entire Player’s Handbook, possibly several times

Juli continues her hunt, though she’s starting to be a little suspicious that she’s only encountered normal rabbits for the past while.

(1d20+1)[5]
    (1d6-1)[5]

(1d20-1)[16]
    (1d6-1)[2]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    That's why monsters like the tiny monstrous spider that deals 1d3-4 damage can still hurt you!
    You charge another group of (1d4+1)[3] rabbits, failing to hit but managing to kill one as they scatter. (5d100)[99][94][74][63][91](421)

Encounter Notice
    Enemies Defeated:
    Enemies Dispersed:

Experience Gained:

You feel your stomach sink into your hips as dual screams meet your ears and a pair of knob-headed-hoppers emerge looking for blood. You, thankfully, have initiative.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-12-08 at 04:40 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, *there* they are. What a sight for sore eyes! Juli thinks as she runs away from them as fast as humanly (dragon-ly?) possible. She’ll bolt in the direction of her spawn until either she gets away or they catch up to her.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

You successfully flee for about 6 seconds before they catch up to you. You guess they're roughly twice as fast as you are...

Charging headbutts!
    (1d20+6)[18] - (1d4)[1]
    (1d20+6)[15] - (1d4)[4]

Show
    Also, congratulations on being the first player to get a bad enough randomized roll to spawn two at once...
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

“Oh, COME ON! Why does everything have to go wrong!? I was ONE FIGHT from leveling up, and now I’m going to perma-die in this stupid rigged game world!”

Already at half HP, Juli turns to face the creatures. “Well, come on! Kill me already!” she shouts as she raises her tail. She is absolutely terrified. Her spawn room is too far away for her to reach it before dying, she can’t manifest her actual powers, no one seems to be nearby, and her Hearthstone is on cooldown. She’s got no good options left.

(1d20-1)[14]
    (1d6-1)[1]

Of course I hit and deal minimum damage. Hilarious.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-12-09 at 11:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

You indeed successfully hit one of the long-eared-boffers for 1 damage...

They continue to attack with dire head bonks.
    (1d20+4)[7] - (1d4)[1]
    (1d20+4)[18] - (1d4)[2]
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, cool, it missed. Would be cooler if I wasn’t about to die!

Juli yells again as she attempts to shatter the spine of the already-injured creature.

(1d20-1)[2]
    (1d6-1)[0]

nooooooo
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-12-10 at 01:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

The fluffy-bunnykin-of-doom do not let up in their attacks!

(1d20+4)[10] - (1d4)[2]
    (1d20+4)[8] - (1d4)[3]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2020-12-10 at 02:03 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

“Not again, please, please not again!” Juli shouts. This game really did seem to have it in for her.

(1d20-1)[18]
    (1d6-1)[5]

Edit: forgot to say who I was attacking, so in the interest of fairness, I’ll go for the injured one. It’s what I would’ve said anyways.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-12-10 at 02:17 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

One bouncing-bouncer dies under your blow, but the other continues its assault.

(1d20+4)[18] - (1d4)[4]
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

With a final, annoyed sigh, Juli collapses, unconscious.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Picking this back up, as you responded in the Discord, but reading back over this, I believe you were just killed before the 12 hour recharge on your hearthstone had completed.

I think you need to start a new character, but I'm willing to just revive this one because of the hiatus. It's up to you.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Show
    Picking this back up, as you responded in the Discord, but reading back over this, I believe you were just killed before the 12 hour recharge on your hearthstone had completed.

I think you need to start a new character, but I'm willing to just revive this one because of the hiatus. It's up to you.
    Show
    I’m happy to start a new one! Char-gen is fun.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by In4Dimensions View Post
    Show
    I’m happy to start a new one! Char-gen is fun.
    You get no notifications or popups informing you that you have died. You simply never awaken again...

The End

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure, no problem. Here's your original character idea. Come up with another one, and I'll walk you through the process. We'll just keep it in this thread, so I don't have to keep track of a new one.
    Spoiler: Your Original Character
    Show
    True Name: Juli Goldblum
    Profession: College Student
    Character Name: Aja (eye-uh) Windcutter
    Character Overview: A curious, bookish erudite

Spoiler
    Show
    If Juli could be summed up in 1 word, it would be “curious”. Ever since she can remember, she’s been infatuated with the idea of acquiring new knowledge and discovering new experiences. In school, this mindset translated to a student who was very bright and intelligent, but who sometimes had trouble staying on task. Regardless, she did well enough to get into her dream college, Boston College, at the end of her senior year.

Juli adapted quickly to college life. She soon became good friends with her roommate, a Midwestern girl named Celia. The two of them could hardly be any more different; Juli spent nearly all her time in the library, doing classwork or surfing the web, while Celia was a phenomenal hockey player who practiced for hours every day.

It was towards the end of her sophomore year when she first came across the new full-immersion D&D RPG. Suggested to her by a friend, Juli tried it and instantly fell in love. The quality was top-notch, the character generation was detailed, and the world was fully fleshed-out. Thus was Aja Windcutter born; Juli loved the concept of a wizard-like class who didn’t need to rely on words or gestures, and she thought that if she herself existed in the game, she’d want to be an erudite.

She started to spend a good deal of her free time on the game, and she loved every minute of it. She didn’t really have any friends to play it with— none of her IRL friends were interested in RPGs— but that didn’t bother her. She could adventure just fine by herself, and it was easier to work towards her own personal quest— accumulate knowledge of every psionic power in existence.

Recently, she has been coming up to the end of a major quest— a buffed-up mind flayer was threatening the nearby area, and her job was to track it down and kill it. She fought through its traps, thralls, and underlings, and then finally reached the illithid. The battle was tough but exhilarating, and she triumphed in the end. Among the creature’s loot was an old and weathered scroll that radiated a psychic aura so strong it gave not just Aja but Juli a headache. As she picked up the scroll, her headache increased to mind-numbing levels of pain. She decided it wasn’t worth it, whatever it was, and started to put the scroll down. As she did so, she unconsciously translated one of the words on the scroll— an ancient inscription for the word “power”. As the word flashed into her mind, everything went white, and she ceased to feel.

Here’s my entry, Juli/Aja.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-05-16 at 04:53 PM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

True Name: Finn Auckhertz
    Profession: Trust Fund Baby/Gamer
    Character Name: Sethacht (set-hawt-tcht)
    Character Overview: A dispassionate, min-maxed druid.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Finn is the only child of Anna and Paul Auckhertz, two fantastically rich lawyers. Growing up, his parents spent almost all their time at the courthouse or their offices, while he was left either with a babysitter or just alone. His parents’ way of making sure that he still liked them was to buy him whatever he asked for, which he liked when he was younger but has now come to resent. He had few friends or social skills in school, and although he was academically bright, he nearly dropped out. His parents, though, threatened to withhold the family money from him unless he enrolled in and made it through college. Eventually, he found somewhat of a passion in working with numbers, and graduated with a degree in statistics and data.

After basically living in a basement with a bed and a PC for a couple of years, Finn found a job working as a bug tester for a company that was developing a new VR RPG. His love of numbers, he found, also extended to RPGs; min-maxing the hell out of a character was one of his favorite pastimes. The game was fantastic—the story didn’t feel railroad-y, the graphics were excellent, and the combat felt smooth. He wasn’t entirely sure why they had even bothered to hire him—the game was flawless. One day, however, he was completing a kill and gather quest, and the loot from one of the enemies seemed to have a missing texture; it appeared in-game as a floating ball of numbers and letters that seemed to change at random. He kneeled down to touch it, and pain shot through his body as his mind went black.

Here ya go!

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    True Name: Finn Auckhertz
    Profession: Trust Fund Baby/Gamer
    Character Name: Sethacht (set-hawt-tcht)
    Character Overview: A dispassionate, min-maxed druid.

Spoiler: Backstory
    Show
    Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Finn is the only child of Anna and Paul Auckhertz, two fantastically rich lawyers. Growing up, his parents spent almost all their time at the courthouse or their offices, while he was left either with a babysitter or just alone. His parents’ way of making sure that he still liked them was to buy him whatever he asked for, which he liked when he was younger but has now come to resent. He had few friends or social skills in school, and although he was academically bright, he nearly dropped out. His parents, though, threatened to withhold the family money from him unless he enrolled in and made it through college. Eventually, he found somewhat of a passion in working with numbers, and graduated with a degree in statistics and data.

After basically living in a basement with a bed and a PC for a couple of years, Finn found a job working as a bug tester for a company that was developing a new VR RPG. His love of numbers, he found, also extended to RPGs; min-maxing the hell out of a character was one of his favorite pastimes. The game was fantastic—the story didn’t feel railroad-y, the graphics were excellent, and the combat felt smooth. He wasn’t entirely sure why they had even bothered to hire him—the game was flawless. One day, however, he was completing a kill and gather quest, and the loot from one of the enemies seemed to have a missing texture; it appeared in-game as a floating ball of numbers and letters that seemed to change at random. He kneeled down to touch it, and pain shot through his body as his mind went black.

Here ya go!

Blackness. Endless blackness pervaded with a sense of numbness. Is this death?

Glowing numbers flow through your vision, though they shed no light in the black. Ones. Zeros. Ones and zeros. One one, zero zero, one zero, one. Endless binary flowing ever forward. One one one one one one zero zero zero zero one one zero. Two?

Pain lances through your brain as your synapses fry at the aberrant and insane nature of a number counted among That Which Must Not Exist.

Greetings, Player!
    You have been offered the chance to remake yourself anew!
    Do you accept this offer?
    | Yes | No |
    Spoiler: If Yes
    Show
    The popup closes, a second taking its place.

Warning!
    This action will delete your current character, forcing you to restart at level 1.
    Do you wish to continue?
    | Yes | No |
    Spoiler: If Yes
    Show
    The popup closes, as a third popup appears.

Final Warning!
    Note that this action cannot be reversed.
    Are you ready to leave your life behind and enter a new realm?
    | Yes | No |

Spoiler: If you ever select "No"
    Show
    You awake with a severe hangover, wondering just what the hell they're putting in energy drinks these days. This is the worst you've felt since the morning after that one time you were pressured into rushing a fraternity your freshman semester while also having a terrible case of the flu.

You drag yourself off the floor and back into your super comfy gaming gear with built in surround sound and rub your eyes as you check on the MMO you were playing last night. You have a popup notifying you that you've been logged out due to inactivity, which isn't surprising. You don't remember whether or not you finished that last quest line. You don't even really remember what that quest line was. Probably wasn't too important.

You decide to check you social media and quickly get caught up in giggling at memes, eventually wasting the majority of your day binge watching Numberphile on YouTube.

Game Over
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-05-17 at 01:12 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Owwww...

What the hell was that?

Finn feels groggy as a headache splits his skull wide open. That’s what it feels like, at least. Squinting through the pain, he can barely read the pop-ups that appear in front of him. He taps “yes” at each of them, hoping that the pain will fade soon.

This is a hell of a bug to find.

I hope they pay me extra.

Wait

Final warning? Is that what that just said?

What did I just agree to?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Pain courses through your entire body, pain which should be blocked or at least reduced by the game's pain filters. You have them set to minimum, after all.

The taste of rainbows fills your ears as the sensation of being turned inside out and sucked through your toes overwhelms your senses, causing you to black out.

You awake an unknown period of time later and find yourself numb, completely unable to feel your body. Your ears hear nothing, and only a black emptiness meets you as you try to open your eyes.

Thankfully though, the pain is gone. Sweet, sweet relief. You just bask in the relaxing, pain-free nothing for awhile until you slowly realize that you can't actually do anything but... exist.

Just as panic begins to set in, a popup appears. You feel sudden relief at knowing that you're still in the game. You attempt to open a menu to determine your status, but nothing happens. The popup vibrates at you, as if somehow angered that you're ignoring it.

Welcome to your New Life+
    Click below to begin character creation.
    | Below |
    You find yourself unable to do anything but interact with the popup mentally, just as you would with any popup in the game.

Spoiler: After clicking the button...
    Show
    After clicking the button, a series of numbers, symbols, and random words fly across your vision faster than you can read. You feel an almost intrusive sensation in your mind, as if someone or something is peering deep within.

Suddenly, a visual representation of dice scatter across your screen. The final result of each becoming large enough to fill your vision for a brief second.

(3d100)[126]

(3d20)[29]
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-05-17 at 09:34 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: AHEM! After clicking the button...
    Show
    After clicking the button, a series of numbers, symbols, and random words fly across your vision faster than you can read. You feel an almost intrusive sensation in your mind, as if someone or something is peering deep within.

Suddenly, a visual representation of dice scatter across your screen. The final result of each becoming large enough to fill your vision for a brief second.

(3d100)[55][17][5](77)

(3d20)[9][11][18](38)

Congratulations!
    You have received one [1] Moderate Boon.
    You have received one [1] Minor Boon.

Please choose your race.
    A representation of the major races appears standing nude in front of you. Or rather, you see yourself in front of you, slightly altered to appear as each of the major races. A hazy line of individuals stretching off into the distance, which you intuit to be subraces that would be available for selection after making your choices.

Your available choices are

Human
    __
    Elf
    __
    Halfling
    __
    Giant
    __
    Halfbreed
    Select | Information __ Select | Information __ Select | Information __ Select | Information __ Select | Information

There is a pair of buttons hovering in front of each which reads

Select Information

Almost obscured near what you would expect to be the floor, if such a thing existed, are nearly invisible buttons which read:

Apply Moderate Boon to Race
    Apply Minor Boon to Race

There is no further information about the buttons.

Before you click anything, you feel a foreboding sensation that any and all choices you make at this time will be permanent.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-05-17 at 09:49 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

“I’m back at character generation? Huh. That’s okay; I wasn’t very attached to Sethacht anyways” Finn muttered to himself.

I’ll probably keep the name though.

Looking through the race options in front of him, he frowned slightly. “Only five options? Really? There’s got to be something else here.” As he says this, he starts to tap the darkness around him, making very sure to not accidentally select one of the buttons that he can already see. Regardless of what the results of his experiment are, he also selects the Information buttons under the Giant and Halfbreed races.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Random poking! (3d100)[131]

Against all likelihood, you find a hidden button!
    You have received one [1] Moderate Perk.
    Giant
    Giant is a collection of related races that tend to run larger than the average for sapient races. When selecting giant, you will be required to choose a subrace.

Halfbreed
    Halfbreeds are born from a union of two of the common races and often have the strengths of both parents. The parent races are assigned at random.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-05-17 at 11:03 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

“Hah, knew it. There’s always something!”

Feeling pretty pleased with himself, Finn decides to select the Apply Minor Boon to Race button.

I imagine I’ll also be able to apply this to my class, but I have a moderate boon for that. I mean, who knows what these even do, but I’d prefer a powerful class over a powerful race.

After pressing the boon button, he proceeds to select Halfbreed.

Might as well try something new.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as you touch the button for halfbreed, all of the other race representations disappear.

Your parent races are randomly assigned...

(2d71)[6][19](25)

First parent race is Armand.

Second parent race is Eneko.

Your chosen race is Armeko.

You find yourself able to customize the appearance of the Armeko to you liking, including changing the sex. Unfortunately, you aren't really sure what you're looking at. You find yourself looking at something ridiculous, and the best you can figure is that some insane wizard cobbled together an ogre and an armadillo. It looks tough, but... that is one ugly dude.

Spoiler: Image
    Show
    Something like this, but without the horns.

When you're finished, your point of view shifts instantly, and you find yourself in the character you just shaped. You once again have feeling, the numbness gone. However, you still feel weightless in the black nothingness around you.

An extremely sparse character sheet appears in your vision. (Link will be sent to you via discord)

You find yourself able to fill in a few minor blanks. You also have 2 points to spend on your ability scores, increasing any chosen score by 1. However, you can't assign more than 1 to the same ability.
    Last edited by Rizban; 2021-05-17 at 11:53 AM.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

“JESUS F*CKING CHRIST!” Finn took a step back as that... thing appeared in front of him. He wasn’t sure what he had been expecting, but it definitely wasn’t that! “This is what I get for messing around, I guess” he muttered, resigning himself to playing the ugliest bastard the game had ever seen.

Show
    I’m assuming I’ll get a new sheet as opposed to reusing my old one?

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Yes, I just sent you the link a few minutes ago on Discord. I can PM it instead, if you need.
    Show

Character Repository
    Homebrew List

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Finn finishes filling out his character sheet, noting a blank space for Class and Speed. He refrains from putting anything there.