New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Sorcerous Origin based on Borderlands

Sorcerous Origin: Siren
    The powerful sirens are some of the most dangerous people in the galaxy. All female, all with different powers, and only six ever exist at a time. Little else is known about them. This sorcerous origin represents Lilith and her phase-walking ability.

Phase-walk
    When you choose this sorcerous origin at first level, whenever you cast a spell or cantrip using your action, you may use your bonus action to become insubstantial and invisible until the end of your turn, allowing you to move undetected and unaffected by obstacles and drawing no attacks of opportunity. This ability recharges on a roll of 5 or 6 on a d6, made at the beginning of every turn after you use it.

Fiery Soul
    Also at first level, you gain resistance to fire damage and add your charisma modifier to the damage of cantrips or spells that deal fire damage. It is added to one die, not every die of damage.

Radiant Soul
    In addition to your chosen metamagic options, at sixth level you gain the ability to spend one sorcery point to change all damage for a cantrip or spell that deals fire damage to radiant damage. You also gain resistance to radiant damage.

Energy Wings
    At 14th level, you may use a bonus action to manifest wings made of energy. Armor and clothing are not affected by your energy wings and do not need to be made to accomodate them. They last for one minute per level of sorcerer you have, and each use uses up at least a minute of duration, but they do not need to be used all at once.

Elemental Burst
    Beginning at 18th level, when you use your Phase-walk ability, you may expend sorcery points to create a burst of different energies at the point you re-enter reality. If you use your phasewalk to move at least ten feet, you deal damage to every creature within 5, 10, or 15 feet (your choice) of your ending location. The damage is 1d6 fire, 1d6 acid, and 1d6 lightning per sorcery point spent, up to 5 but no higher than the level of the spell that triggered phase-walk.
    Last edited by sengmeng; 2020-10-18 at 04:02 PM.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.