New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

Default TT Curse of the Crimson Throne

Each of you have had an issue with Gaedren Lamm who has caused his fair share of trouble across the city. As you go about during your daily activities each of you has found a special card for no apparent reason. There is a message on each card.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I know what Gardren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done."

It is currently high noon. You may act as you choose.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...Crimson-Throne
    Last edited by TerrickTerran; 2023-06-06 at 07:22 AM. Reason: OOC added
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: TT Curse of the Crimson Throne

By the time Bahauru had finished reading the note, the messenger lad (perhaps 12 or 13, if he guessed rightly) had faded back into the crowd. He looked back down and read it again, frowning in thought; apparently he had not been as subtle in his inquiries as he had hoped, but Lamm had also drawn more attention than was wise for a crimelord. Well, that, or this was a trap from Lamm himself. Taking one last sweeping look across the busy street, Bahauru confirmed that the messenger was gone, and turned North, returning to the Bent Hammer. It wasn't a particularly nice inn, even by the standards of North Point, but Daerin, the old dwarf who owned the place, always gave a fair price (and better, if you had a story for him) and had clean beds, if not floors.

As he walked back to the inn where he had been staying since his homecoming, Bahauru kept his eyes sweeping the crowds and alleyways, wondering if whoever sent the message had someone watching right then. He shook his head, deciding that if it was a trap, they would wait to see if it worked before trying another method, and walked in to Daerin's place to the scent of sawdust and slightly sour ale which had not been adequately cleaned.

Spoiler: Further actions
    Show

From here, Bahauru would ask Daerin a little about Lancet Street and any related news without revealing the specific address or the existence of the note. I don't expect any information back, just explaining what I would do. From there, he would have a bit of a late lunch of the establishments unremarkable fare, and begin making his way to Lancet Street. He would bring his horse, Dobbs, walk him past 3 Lancet Street to demonstrate the location and find somewhere nearby to hitch or stable him. Dobbs is a member of his collective (the only other member at the moment), so he can give somewhat more detailed instructions than is usual for a horse. Dobbs is left either loosely enough hitched or in an unlocked stable stall so that he can free himself and come cause a ruckus if Bahauru calls him telepathically. All told, Bahauru probably arrives about 40 minutes early and attempts to covertly observe the address until his appointment. I figured I would spoiler this so you would know what would be going on without a need to RP it if you wanted to get to the party meeting up.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Maybe they has some news on my twin sister?" Rose ponders as she slips the note into her belt pouch.

In the mean time she finds a little spot in on e the busier squares and starts busking. As much as some more money would be helpful she was really trying to see if she can hear any rumors or news from chattering crowds. She does this until an hour before sundown then moves off to stated address.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

After getting the message Asami walks to the place listed. Once there walking around looking the place over for potential traps, and obvious quick escape exits from the house.

When satisfied the place is not an obvious trap walking to the door, then knocking, when opened speaking to whom ever.
    I am here about Gaedren Lamm
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-06-05 at 02:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lewis Blackheart
    Tiefling Magus Psion
    AC: 22 (22 T/10 FF)
    DR: 2/-
    HP: 47/47
    Perception: +12
    Conditions: --

"Wonderful. I've only been here a few days and my intentions have already become so obvious?" - the tiefling speaks softly under his breath after examining the note. At first, Lewis feels a certain annoyance. Accustomed not to flaunt both his emotions and his actions, he has not betrayed himself since he said goodbye to the guards of the Academae and returned to the area of ​​his childhood. However, after thinking a little more, he realized that really sophisticated individuals might have access to a variety of ways to find out about someone's actions and intentions, up to the use of divination magic. So, not excluding the possibility of a trap, Lewis goes about his usual daily businesses - mostly walking around the area, studying what had changed in it in recent years, and wondering who else was invited to the evening meeting. Lamm managed to harm a lot of people, and many might be eager to take revenge on him.

So, about a couple of hours before the appointed time, the magus goes to the mentioned place. He is in no hurry to appear in the open, preferring to conduct reconnaissance for escape routes and possible traps. And, of course, he wants to watch the entrance. Having chosen a place with a good view, Lewis takes a position and hides.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Abyssinia Coelacanth
    Human Sneaky Gunmage
    AC: 16 (14 T/12 FF)
    HP: 55/55
    Perception: +11

Nights hunting for Gaedren Lamm to enact righteous vengeance upon the lowlife leaves Abyssinia tired, and rare to rise before noon and rarer still to be out on the street before late evening. When she awoke in the depressingly empty house that she had shared with her wife until recently, the sun was already near to its zenith, and she soon found the card as she went about preparing herself for another half-day and long night seeking the man out. She stared at it for several minutes, reading and re-reading, her eyes going cold and hard as sapphires. Crushing the card in her hand, she went about her daily ablutions and cleansings, her brain on fire. Checking over her spellbooks in a nicely appointed dining room over a light dinner, she selected several spells to memorize; if the day was at hand that she would put a bullet through the scum's skull, she was going to be prepared. Bullet or spell, it made no difference to her, so long as at the end of the day he lay dead with his gray matter scattered across the pavement and his life's blood staining the streets.

After she had finished memorizing her spells, she dressed; nothing too formal, nothing she would miss if she later burned it to rid herself of bloodspatters. Old tunic, breeches, both fitted to her proportions, some solid old boots and then her darkleaf armor. Ammo pouch on her belt, revolver holstered on the opposite hip, a tattered and old backpack slung over one shoulder containing her maintenance kit and her spellbooks, and she was out the door well before sunset.

She paced herself through the city with the gait of one who had memorized the streets and pathways to avoid arriving either too early or too late and committing a social faux pas, arriving at the aforementioned address just as the bottom of the sun touched the horizon and striding boldly up to the door, raising a delicate hand to rap the knocker, her other resting on her loaded revolver. Were this a trap, she would simply shoot first and ask questions never.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2023-06-05 at 04:06 PM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

7. - Top - End - #7

ClericGuy

Dealing with organics has been conflicting, ... and rather infuriating. Their behavior is nothing but illogical most of the times, even when they recognise the optimal solution, more often then not, they refuse to act accordingly.

His problems with Lamm arose from such behavior, and from the irrational humans R.3.N.D. has met, Lamm was the worst specimem so far. The man seems to turn into an infant when being denied anything, in this case, R.3.N.D.'s services.

"At least my former singularity has a reason to be so destructive, a bad but logical one." Lamm was simply too dangerous to not be dealt with and R.3.N.D. knew he would have to deal with this sooner or later, or risk being "dealt with" instead and possibly hurting other people in the process.

"This man sows trouble and reaps enemies. I guess it's sooner rather then later." R.3.N.D. looks at the sun almost reaching the horizon, then at the note again and runs a few scenarios in his head "there's chance this is a trap, but it's acceptable".

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bahauru Ni'Toth
    Elf Tactician Commander
    AC: 20 (14 T/16 FF)
    HP: 37/37
    PP: 40/40
    Perception: +9

"Those two may have received the same invitation" - Bahauru thinks to himself before beginning his own walk to the door. He gives Dobbs' neck a gentle scratch and a mental reminder to be ready as he passes. Approaching the door, Bahauru has his card ready to present and knocks twice, briskly - "I believe I am expected."

9. - Top - End - #9

MonkGuy

Rose of the Ally
    Human Innocent Seductress
    AC: 15 (13 T/12 FF)
    HP: 36/36

"S-So am I." Rose states demurely as she arrives behind the gentleman in military garb. Even while standing still her foot tabs a rhythm and head nods to a tune only she can hear.. She seems to always be scanning the surroundings.

"I go by Rose." she says.
    Last edited by DarkTogashi; 2023-06-06 at 08:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Asami Kurama
    Kitsune Warrior
    AC:19 (14 T/15 FF)
    DR:-
    HP:45
    Perception:12

Ahh Company, seems several of us got this message Actions: None
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-06-06 at 07:07 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

MonkGirl

You find your way inside the small humble home which consists of a single cozy chamber. The room is filled with a fragrant haze of flowers and strong spice. You notice that several ticks of incense are smoldering in wall-mounted burners with a look of butterfly-winged elves. The smoke gives the room a dreamy feel. The walls are draped with tapestries, one showing a black-skulled beast juggling human hearts while another shows a pair of angles dancing atop a snow-blasted mountain. A third tapestry has a tall, hooded figure shrouded in mist holding a flaming sword with a skeletal hand. Several brightly colored rugs cover the floor but the room's only furnishings are a wooden table covered by a bright red throw cloth and several elegant tall-backed chairs. A basket covered by blue cloth sits under the table.

Who enters first?
    Minister of sarcasm and pragmatism of the Grayview fanclub.

No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lewis Blackheart
    Tiefling Magus Psion
    AC: 22 (22 T/10 FF)
    DR: 2/-
    HP: 47/47
    PP: 21/21
    Perception: +12

After some observation, Lewis did identify a few more visitors. As the appointed time approached, there was no point in hiding any further, and the tiefling gently stepped out of the shadows, joining the others, - "I guess we're all here for the same reason? Oh, pardon my manners. My name is Lewis."

After introducing himself, Lewis approached the door and entered. The house seemed to him very unusual both in its decoration and smells. Of course, Acadamae, where he spent his last years, had enough unique premises of the most different kind, but this house was definitely connected with some mystery and magic. This feeling forced Lewis to check the surroundings with his arcane sight. And after he examined the walls, the ceiling, the floor, and especially the tapestries, he made a step inside.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Detect Psionics - for examining the surroundings
    (1d20+12)[18] - Perception (if necessary)
    Last edited by Xav; 2023-06-06 at 05:47 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bahauru Ni'Toth
    Elf Tactician Commander
    AC: 20 (14 T/16 FF)
    HP: 37/37
    PP: 40/40

"I am Bahauru" - he says by way of introduction to the others gathering at the residence before stepping inside. The unsettling imagery of the tapestries has him somewhat on guard, but he lacks the background in culture and the arts to draw any conclusions about what they actually represent. Now confident that this is not a trap, he enters with no apparent concern and steps into the room with the table, taking a place beside one of the fine chairs (but not yet sitting) while the other guests make their way in as well.

14. - Top - End - #14

ClericGuy

R.3.N.D.
    Forgeborn Psion Aegis
    AC: 15 (12 T/13 FF)
    HP: 69/69
    PP: 62/62
    DR: 4/-
    Perception: -1

"And I'm Rend" - the forgeborn says right behind Baharu, also stepping inside. Glancing arround he fails to pin anyone present as the sender of the note "Assuming everyone here received the same cryptic message, It is safe to say we share a common interest. Does anyone know where our host is?"
    Last edited by Arael666; 2023-06-07 at 06:50 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

MonkGuy

Rose of the Ally
    Human Innocent Seductress
    AC: 15 (13 T/12 FF)
    HP: 36/36

"I am hoping they might know where my sister is. I had heard she was running with Gaedren Lamm's gangs but that was years ago. At any rate I wonder where our host is?" She said in a small mousy voice. She does her best to stand apart from others and flinches away from anyone that get to near.

"Lorg draoidheachd"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm casting Detect Magic using the conceal spell feat. Everyone get a perception check of DC 23 to know I've cast a spell. This is more to test out the feat then anything else.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Asami Kurama
    Kitsune Warrior
    AC:19 (14 T/15 FF)
    DR:-
    HP:45
    Perception:12

I am Asami Kurama , yes I believe we all received the same message Actions: enter house

17. - Top - End - #17

BlueWizardGirl

Abyssinia Coelacanth
    Human Sneaky Gunmage
    AC: 16 (14 T/12 FF)
    HP: 55/55
    Perception: +11

Abyssinia looks at the assembled crew, a slight frown touching her delicate features. She keeps one hand on the handle of her revolver, and the other on her broad hip, her eyes roaming the lot of them as they introduced themselves. Her gaze lingers briefly on the one who mentions a sister, but moves on soon enough. "Abyssinia," she offers as her name, letting her gaze drift through the one-room affair. "I assume we've all some grievance against Gaedren Lamm, then," she says as her eyes move back onto the others.
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2023-06-08 at 01:35 AM.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.