New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default [Starfinder] Rings of an Exiled Star Reboot IC

The ship shudders slightly as it makes its way through the Drift towards Absalom. You first entered the plane two days ago, expecting to arrive in less than 24 standard hours.
    The accommodations are little more than a collection of bunks and closets within conspicuously clean, metal hallways. Several voices are heard grumbling as the captain of the Lightning's gruff voice reverberates through the halls.
    "-... engineering crew one, head down to the engine room and fix whatever it is you overlooked... Again. Nap time's over you lazy bums. *ahem* Passengers, this is your captain speaking. We've run into an unexpected delay while en route to Absalom. Our engineers will soon have the problem fixed and we'll be on our way. In the meantime, we'd like to invite you to the mess hall for a complementary meal while you wait. We apologize for the inconvenience. Now get me whoever plotted this course, they've got some explaining to do for- *kzzt!*"
    The announcement abruptly cuts off as the captain attends to other duties.

The mess hall is reasonably large for a ship of the Lightning's size, capable of comfortably fitting a dozen or so beings. A handful of engineers are already in the mess hall, finishing up their meals while a sour-faced human fishes out a credstick and tosses it to a grinning lashunta.
    "Shoulda known he'd find a way to mess up a jump to Absalom of all places."
    "Had a feeling he would!" chuckles the winner as she checks the credstick.
    It isn't long before she notices you and waves you over as the rest of the engineers move over to give you room.
    "Come on over all of you! It's not often the captain gives out a free meal so it's best you enjoy it while you can! The engineers here are all top-notch so you don't have to worry about being stranded in the Drift!"
    She laughs at this last bit as a few of the engineers give an exasperated sigh.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2020-10-17 at 12:09 AM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Starfinder] Rings of an Exiled Star Reboot IC

Aegon Vaeleris, Knight Captain of Golarion, Starstone Oath
    Energy Armor Class: 20 | Kinetic Armor Class: 22 | Combat Maneuver Armor Class: 30
    Stamina Pool: 63 | Hit Point Pool: 53 | Resolve Pool: 6
    Current SP: 63 | Current HP: 53 | Current RP: 6
    Passive Perception: 18 (Auditory: 20; Visual: 18) | Passive Sense Motive: 19
    Active Effects: Solar Weapon (Photon Shard).
    Conditions: None.

A voice, low, sonorous, echoed dully from the XC-M Lightning's walls.

I will learn the weight of my sword.
    Without my heart to guide it, it is worthless—my strength is not in my sword,
    but in my heart. If I lose my sword, I have lost a tool.
    If I betray my heart, I have died.

The broad shouldered Akitonian was in a kneeling position, an old-Golarian style book open in front of him, it's aged leather bindings, pages of old parchment, scribed with the twelve oaths of Iomedae, the Inheritor. With a religious devotion, Aegon closed the book, wrapping it in a silken cloth and tying it around the manuscript, before securing it in the hard shell industrial backpack which could be affixed to his overplate via internal maglocks. Aegon's quarters were cramped, he'd spent several months aboard an Iomedaen dropship, specificcaly geared for high altitude atmo deployment. The recycled air, the thrum of the deckplates, the micro-grav, it was second nature to the red-skinned Akitonian. He inhaled, the stale, copper, tang of the air in his lungs telling him the O2 scrubbers were in need of maintenance.

His skin was a dull maroon, covered in scars and callouses, the planetary symbol for Akiton tattooed on his right shoulder, a bold, glossy black, the oath he had intoned in his morning devotions tattooed across his left pectoral in Old Golarian. The symbol of Iomedae, a broadsword with a star flare behind the hilt and guard tattooed around his left eye socket, the flare circling the eye itself, concealing the implantation scars from his cybernetically augmented eyes. Using a bag of water, he moistened a sponge, and proceeded to wash his body in accordance with the rituals of the Order itself, in that a knight would ensure their body was cleaned and anointed at the beginning of each day, so that if death came for them, they would journey to the afterlife annointed in the Inheritor's grace. Satisfied his morning rituals and devotions were complete, he donned his polycarbonate assault armor which was coated in a thermoplastic resin to make it resistant to laser weaponry. He summoned a mote of brilliant golden light, and drawing a small shard of amber-hued crystal, set it into the center of the mote of energy, a brief flare, a corona of light, and the mote dulled to a low dim light and entered into a slow, eliptical orbit around the crown of his head.

He walked down the hallway, the click of his mag-heels affixing him to the deckplates as he moved towards the galley. As the human beckoned him over, he moved purposefully towards the engineer's table. "Good day-cycle to you, and thank you for the courtesy. It would be my honor to join you for the 1st meal of the cycle." He lowered himself to the table after retreiving a platter of crew rations and a canteen of soy-kaf. "I felt the deck plates shudder and chug, engine or arttificial grav manifold?"
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-10-17 at 06:30 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

MKH4M1LL gets up from his "quarters", and heads down to engineering with his crewmates to figure out what exactly went wrong. He didn't mind this voyage so far. It was in some ways less interesting that the scrapyards, but at least it got him away from a job that was never going to go anywhere. MKH4M1ll quietly swears to himself that if some baffoon of an "engineer" left their hydrospanner in the reactor room again he was going to jump ship at the nearest opportunity. I may have been hired to help keep this bucket of bolts running, but I won't work wtih incompetents.
    Last edited by Grashlok; 2020-10-18 at 10:20 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Johannes Dolke, Grizzled Scientist
    KAC: 20 | EAC: 20 | CMAC: 28| Flat Footed: 17| Touch: 13
    | HP: 46/46 | Stamina: 56 | Resolve: 9/9| Biohacks: 7/7| Perception: +18 | Sense Motive: +16 | Conditions: None.

Johannes yawned. His cot might be bare-bones, but sleeping sure felt nice no matter the bed. Alas, he had work to do. He gathered together his various reagents and drugs in his bag; being a doctor-for-hire meant that all of his tools had to be small enough for him to carry around. It wasn’t the research he really wanted to be doing, but it wasn’t a bad job. It paid the bills, and no one messes with the medic, no matter where you might be.

Bleary-eyed, Johannes stumbles into the dining hall. After getting his tray of food, he looks around for a seat, and finds one next to a tall, imposing human with a number of scars crisscrossing his face. “This seat open?” he asks, and waits for a response.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-18 at 10:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Energy Armor Class: 20 | Kinetic Armor Class: 22 | Combat Maneuver Armor Class: 30
    Passive Perception: 18 (Auditory: 20; Visual: 18) | Passive Sense Motive: 19
    Active Effects: Solar Weapon (Photon Shard).

The larger man looked up, taking in the older man's tall, lean frame, his doctor's attire was worn in a military fashion. The man was immaculately groomed, clean shaven, shorn, greying hair, but keen eyes looking out from his creaed face. Aegon, turned his head, looking up, giving the gentleman a brief salute in the manner of the Pact Worlds military, "Doctor," he said in a low, gravelled voice, "we'd be honored. A soldier isn't about to deny the man whose job it is to stitch him up, his cup of morning kaf."
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-10-19 at 09:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Aphelion was already wide awake when the ship shuddered and the intercom system roared with the captain's voice. To him, the placid nature of drift travel created an ideal time for servicing his firearms. Few distractions and disruptions makes for quick work. Half-listening as he picked up the pieces that were jostled from his cot to the floor, inspecting each for damage, he makes a mental note to head to the mess hall.

With his gear serviced and donned, Aphelion arrives shortly after two other passengers. One was clearly a doctor and the other was clad in heavy armor. Last in line, he grabbed his tray and was looking for an empty table when the Lashunta called them all over. Quickly passing the armored Akitonian a small light became visible around his head. Solarion, interesting

Aphelion took the seat two to the left of the solarion and started eating slowly, doing a quick scan of the mess hall. The doctor approached the empty seat in-between the two of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by In4Dimensions View Post
    “This seat open?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    "Doctor," he said in a low, gravelled voice, "we'd be honored. A soldier isn't about to deny the man whose job it is to stitch him up, his cup of morning kaf."
    Seat's open.
    Aphelion shifts a little to the left to give the doc more elbow room

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

The loser of the bet grunts a bit as he takes a bite out of the last of his rations.
    "Don't got 'nough creds for something fancy so it's just a lot of souped up engines strapped together. Doesn't matter for drift travel, but it's a lot safer here than sitting with out in the middle of nowhere where any scavengers or pirates can come along for an easy target."
    The lashunta extends her hand to the newcomers.
    "My name's Erihiss by the way. The sore loser over there's Damion. We probably just got some nav coordinates wrong because the captain let one of the younger hands try to plot a course to Absalom. It's actually pretty impressive that he messed it up."
    She laughs at Damion's grimace.

As MKH4M1LL makes his way to the engine, one of the other engineers turns his head to look back at him with a bug-eyed look, not difficult when the engineer in question is a shirren.
    {We appreciate the help Mark, but you're not part of our group. Besides, it's probably a simple patch job so if you'd like, you can go to the mess hall to relax before we hit Absalom.}
    Ahead, the group of engineers has stopped in front of the doors leading to the engine room.
    "Hey! What's the hold up?" Shouts one of the engineers.
    "Door's gotten itself locked," grumbles the foremost engineer, "stupid thing's not accepting the override code."
    {Well that's not good,} the shirren 'mutters' aloud, {the captain's not going to be happy if this trip's delayed any longer than it already has.}
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2020-10-19 at 05:12 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I can try to hotwire the door if you want. On the scrapping yards the best paydays were often hidden behind sealed blast doors, and other such malfunctioning hardware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If the engineers let me try, here's an Engineering check to hotwire the door. I have my mechanic custom rig built into my android upgrade slot. ALso I would like to point out in my backstory that I took a position as an engineer on the Lightning. "When leaving his scrapyard, MK H4M1LL took a position as an engineer on the Lightning" Engineering roll result 36.Tsuna asked me to put this in spoiler tags, but I wasn't sure if the forum would keep my nat 20 skill roll, so I put the result here

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Grashlok; 2020-10-19 at 07:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Erihiss glances at the door as Damion starts to complain about all of the jobs the 'new flyer' has messed up.
    "They sure are taking a while," Erihiss muses, "won't be long before the captain wants the rest of us looking in to see what's going on."
    She taps her chin thoughtfully before her eyes light up as an idea forms.
    "Hey, I know you're all passengers and this is out of the blue, but how about you go check in on the other engineering team? I know a great place to eat at in Absalom if you'd be willing to help me out."
    She looks at you all expectantly, hoping for a positive response.

The other engineers look at the android before they part to allow him through.
    It takes a minute to break into the ship's systems and get through the lockdown, but the door opens with a hiss and the panel beeps angrily.
    The lights inside the engine room have gone out, lending an unsettling atmosphere to the area.
    "Well that's gonna be freaky," an engineer shudders, "let's get those lights back on and fix whatever's wrong fast."
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    I enter the engineering room with anticipation, and look around with my Low-Light/Darkvision for whatever might be causing the blackout in this room. (1d20+10)[22]

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Passive Perception: 18 (Auditory: 20; Visual: 19) | Passive Sense Motive: 19
    Active Effects: Solar Weapon (Electron Shard).

Quote Originally Posted by Erihiss View Post
    "Hey, I know you're all passengers and this is out of the blue, but how about you go check in on the other engineering team? I know a great place to eat at in Absalom if you'd be willing to help me out."
    Aegon nodded at the engineer, "There are no civilians aboard a ship Engineer." He paused, "And should you wish this task performed, I consider it my duty to lend aid where I am able. I downloaded deckplans for the XC-M Lightning upon boarding." He shifted, and tapped some commands on his wrist comp, pulling up the deckplan on his helmet's HUD, and then drew a thick hexgonal shard of opaque crystal from a hard shell container secured to his suits combat webbing.

The crystal was laced with silver wiring and circuitry, the mote orbiting his head, slowed and lowered to his palm. He reached out, the crystal shard refracting the mote's light in a brilliant flare, before the mote began it's erratic orbit once again. He placed his helmet on, a low hiss as the sealed systems kicked in. He studied the deckplans, until he located the engineering section, and proceeded to move towards the appropriate deck without waiting for further response.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: Equipping my Electron Shard with a standard action, so my Solar Weapon has the Stun feature, allowing me to neutralize crew members if they have been compromised, without killing them. I will then head towards the engineering deck, with the internal oxygen engaged on my armor in the event that there has been a breach.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-10-24 at 07:52 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

| HP: 46/46 | Stamina: 56/56 | Resolve: 9/9| Biohacks: 7/7| Perception: +18 | Sense Motive: +16 | Conditions: None.

“Engineering? I’ll come take a look— though my specialty is fixing people, not machines.” Johannes felt a bit of trepidation as the man next to him equipped and air-sealed his armor; Johannes had no such protection on him in the event of a hull breach. But how likely would that be anyways?

Making sure his needle gun was still shrunk inside his glove, he got up and began to follow the soldier.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-26 at 08:40 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Aegon nodded as the medical officer followed him towards the engineering deck, "It is indeed comforting to know that a Medical Adeptus of your experience follows one into danger. The Inheritor smiles on us." Moving through the corridors with practised ease, the Knight Captain transmitted his comm access code to the Doctor, and his voice came over the doctor's comm, "At the threshold, wait on the opposite side of the bulkhead until I give the all clear, so I can ascertain the threat level to yourself and any crew trapped inside."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

As MKH4 enters the silent engine room, a few sparks sputter from one of the far bulkheads, revealing a damaged bundle of wiring and leaked fluids.
    As one of the engineers breaks out a light to illuminate the sputtering wires, the rest of the passengers arrive to witness the confusion unfolding.
    "I have no idea how he did that by just messing up a jump. Did it blow a fuse?"
    "No way, we just got the power systems checked-"
    "Hey, what's that?"
    The light turns to the far side of the room to illuminate a twisted hunk of metal, presumably the bulkhead that had covered the now exposed wires.
    "Now how did it get all the way over here?"
    The one with the light casually strolls over to inspect the debris.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Anyone with Engineering make a check. Alternatively, you can make a Mysticism check.
    These are two separate events triggering the checks btw.
    Spoiler: Engineering DC 15
    Show
    A poorly calculated jump could possibly cause problems with the internal power of a ship, but such events would exhibit far more damage than a simple lighting failure... A brief trip to the edge of the Rings for instance. The more puzzling problem is the silent engines. However, it's probably lucky that they seem intact.

Spoiler: Mysticism DC 5
    Show
    The fluid covering the wires is in actuality the fluids of some undead creature.
    Spoiler: Mysticism DC 20
    Show
    A dangerous undead known as a mohrg is the likely culprit. Its disgusting tongue and entrails leave much to be desired in the neatness department.

Also, everyone who just entered the room, please make a Perception check.
    If any of you have a Perception check higher than
    (1d20+16)[19]
    Spoiler: Read this
    Show
    The foul stench of something dead for too long barely perceptible among the acrid stench of damaged wiring. A barely audible, rasping breath comes from the ceiling, followed by the low growl of a predator.
    If you roll above
    Initiative:(1d20+4)[8]
    You can warn the others.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

An uneasy feeling filled Aegon as he surveyed the damage, the unusually focused damage of a Drift-jump miscalculation, then there was the coating of organic slime, and the stench of entrails. He tilted his head, searching the area, looking up he saw his opponent curled amidst the wiring and the bulk head, "MOHRG! IOMEDAE PROTECT US!" As he invoked the Inheritor's name, a nimbus of golden white energy surrounded him, and a great blade of light energy sprung to life as the solar mote settled into his fist. He pulled a tactical shield from it's mag lock on his back, and sured forward, leaving a trail of energy motes floating behind him.

Show
    [b]OOC:{/b] Perception: (1d20+8)[26], addt'l +1 for Visual, +2 for Hearing; Engineering (1d20+5)[22]; Mysticism: (1d20+13)[33]. Initiative Check: 13.

Free Action: Photon Attunement; Move Action: Draw Shield; Stand Action: Stellar Rush & attack with Deadly Aim. To Hit vs KAC 30, for 29 slashing damage. Rolls here.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-10-27 at 06:59 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

| HP: 46/46 | Stamina: 56/56 | Resolve: 9/9| Biohacks: 6/7| Perception: +18 | Sense Motive: +16 | Conditions: None.
    Johannes was puzzled. The damage to the ship wasn’t what he expected from a bad jump. It looked too... precise. He then noticed the sticky fluids covering the wires, and slowly looked up— and saw an undead thing staring back at him. “Move back! It’s on the ceiling!” he yells to the engineers. He swiftly calls his pistol to his hand and fires a destabilizing mix of chemicals at the creature while attempting to scan it with his microlab.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Swift action: call Johannes’s injector pistol from his Glove of Storing. It appears in his right hand.
    Move action: use Custom Microlab to attempt to gain useful information about the creature; the total (auto-20 on a Physical Science check) is 20+19 = 39.
    Attack action: attack the Mohrg with Johannes’s injector pistol, using Double Tap.
    Attack roll: (1d20+12)[24] vs KAC
    Damage roll: (1d8+7)[15]
    On hit, the Mohrg suffers -2 to AC for 9 rounds from the Biohack.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2020-10-27 at 09:06 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    MK H4M1LL quickly pulls out his laser pistol, and orders J0K3R to open fire. MK H4M1LL: (1d20+9)[25] (1d4+3)[7]

Joker:(1d20+7)[12](2d8+10)[16]

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

As the undead horror leaps from above towards the unsuspecting engineer, a hail of laser bolts rams into the monstrosity's flesh, causing its flesh burn as it slams its hapless victim painfully into the floor with an agonized scream as he is crushed under its momentum.
    Panic ensues as the engineers cram themselves through the exit, taking the only light source with them in their flight. Fortunately, Aegon's light provides just enough light for you not to become completely disoriented by the loss of light, allowing you to rally to his side should your sight fail you in the darkness.
    The mohrg turns to face the remaining source of light, but begins to twitch uncontrollably as a dart clatters to the ground.
    Johannes' dart has obviously found its mark and is wreaking havoc on its victim's motor controls, making for an easier target.

However, as it moves off of the crushed body, the corpse jerks and drags itself upwards. Lifeless eyes stare at you in the dim light as the mohrg seems to take a small measure of strength from the freshly risen corpse and it moves with increased vigor despite its wounds.
    The corpse's crushed limbs flail wildly as it shambles towards Aegon, in an unsightly gait, making for an easy target.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Mohrg has taken 51 points of damage from your onslaught.
    It also takes a -2 penalty to AC due to the biohack
    The mohrg attacks the engineer and kills him.
    Att.:(1d20+19)[38]
    Dmg.:(3d4+14)[20]
    Engineer is then risen as zombie with occult template.
    Mohrg heals (1d6)[1]
    It is also hasted for the time being.
    Zombie moves right next to Aegon for its turn.

Also, the only source of light currently available in the room is Aegon's mote.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2020-10-30 at 06:02 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: Photon Attunment (Rnd 2); Plasma Sheath; Solar Weapon (Electron Shard).

Aegon focused his attention on the Mohrg, the engineer's death was regrettable, but if he allowed the creature past him, it could cause irreperable harm to the ship and it's crew. "FALL BACK!" His vox implant amplifying his voice to the level of a solid fuel rocket breaking atmo, "DEFENSIVE PERIMETER!" He looked at the creature, as a sheet of blue-white plasma rolled across the surface of his armor. "Today void-spawn, you burn in the Inheritor's ligt!"

And as the plasma licked up across the blade of coherent light, he brought it down towards the creature's neck, ignoring the former engineer as it clambered forward.

Show
    OOC: Move action to activate Plasma Sheath; Standard Action to Attack, using Deadly Aim. (1d20+12)[20] vs KAC, if successful (2d6+26)[33] Fire damage. (Str (6)+Cha(4)+Wpn Spec(7)+Photon(2)+Shard(1)+Plasma Sheath(3)+Deadly Aim(3)).

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

KAC: 20 | EAC: 20 | CMAC: 28| Flat Footed: 17| Touch: 13 | HP: 46/46 | Stamina: 56/56 | Resolve: 9/9| Biohacks: 6/7| Perception: +18 | Sense Motive: +16 | Darts: 246/250 | Adamantine Darts: 25/25 | Conditions: None.

Johannes looks on in horror as the mohrg kills the engineer instantly. Images flash through his mind of his squad falling to laser fire, but he pushes them back. As the remaining engineers flee the room, he flicks a button on his suit, and two green lenses emerge in front of his eyes, allowing him to see in the darkness. The sudden change in light, combined with the solarian right next to him roaring like a jet engine, was disorienting, but he fought through it. Prepping another infusion, he fires again at the mohrg.

Show
    Standard action: attack using Double Tap.
    (1d20+12)[31]
    (1d8+7)[10]
    Use a Minor Biohack to inflict -1 Attack for 8 rounds.
    -2 AC duration: 7 rounds
    -1 Attack duration: 8 rounds

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

MKH4M1LL Mechanic
    EAC:20; KAC:21; CMAC:29
    Stamina:56; Hit Points:46; Resolve:7
    Passive Perception:20; Passive Sense Motive:8

MK H4M1LL commands his combat drone to keep firing and try to delay the monster as he ducks behind Aegon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    J0K3R attack roll: (1d20+7)[21] J0K3R damage roll if the shot hits: (2d8+10)[18]
    Any ideas where these things came from?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    I realized after my first post that I should probably post J0K3R's combat defense stat block too, so here it is

J0K3R Combat Drone
    EAC:21; KAC:23; CMAC:31
    Hit Points:70
    Passive Perception:22

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

The mohrg's uncooperative limbs prove to be its undoing as Aegon's blazing blade cuts deep, causing the creature to howl its fury as it flails against the solarian's armor, just in time for another wave of laser blasts and the doctor's infusion to slam into it.
    The creature is badly outmatched as its wounds glow angrily, black ichor spilling to the ground. Yet, it seems determined to continue its assault on the group despite its impending doom as its clawed tongue flies towards Aegon.
    The fallen engineer clumsily throws itself at Aegon, joining in the fray as its flailing limbs crash into the warrior's armor with a meaty crunch.
    An alarm begins to blare and the door leading back to the ship slams shut, trapping all those inside the engine room in the suffocating darkness.

Spoiler: OOC/Rolls
    Show
    Mohrg and zombie will attack Aegon.
    Attacks vs. KAC:
    Slams:
    (1d20+13)[23] (3d4+14)[23]
    (1d20+13)[26] (3d4+14)[22]
    Tongue:
    (1d20+10)[18]
    DC 16 Fort save or be paralyzed for (1d4)[1] minutes
    Slam:
    (1d20+8)[26] (1d6+5)[8]
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2020-11-01 at 12:27 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Current SP: 31 | Current HP: 53 | Current RP: 6
    Active Effects: Photon Attunment (Rnd 2); Plasma Sheath; Solar Weapon (Electron Shard).

Aegon staggered as the mohrg threw it's unnatural strength against his heavy armor, however, he weathered the storm, his training as a Knight Captain allowing him to throw the shoulder, chest, and thigh armor towards the onslaught, positioning the thickest portions of his armor against the onslaught. Even still he rocked back a foot, his armored boots throwing a shower of sparks against the deckplate.

"Not today void-spawn," he cursed under his breath, "Do not despair! Focus your efforts on the morhg! By our might and conviction it shall fall!"

Show
    OOC: Full Round Attack, for two melee attacks vs the Mohrg, at a -3 penalty due to Flashing Strikes, and a -2 due to Vital Strike, so two attacks at +9 vs KAC. 1st Attack, (1d20+9)[10] vs KAC, 2nd Attack, (1d20+9)[22] vs KAC. If successful 1st Attack, (2d6+26)[31], if successful 2nd attack, (2d6+26)[35].
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-11-01 at 06:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I don't know what this thing is, but we better fry it, and fast.

Spoiler
    Show
    MKH4M1LL Mechanic
    EAC:20; KAC:21; CMAC:29
    Stamina:56; Hit Points:46; Resolve:7
    Passive Perception:20; Passive Sense Motive:8

J0K3R Combat Drone
    EAC:21; KAC:23; CMAC:31
    Hit Points:70
    Passive Perception:22

MK H4M1LL fires his laser pistol (-4 to attack from firing into melee) (1d20+5)[12] (1d4+3)[4], then orders his drone to
    fire his cannon again (-4 for firing into melee) (1d20+5)[10] (2d8+7)[12]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

KAC: 20 | EAC: 20 | CMAC: 28| Flat Footed: 17| Touch: 13 | HP: 46/46 | Stamina: 56/56 | Resolve: 9/9| Biohacks: 6/7| Perception: +18 | Sense Motive: +16 | Darts: 244/250 | Adamantine Darts: 25/25 | Conditions: None.

Johannes simply snarls as he fires another shot at the creature.

Show
    Double Tap Attack:
    (1d20+8)[14] (-4 for firing into melee included)
    Damage: (1d8+7)[8]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Aegon's first swing is wildly off mark as he regains his footing from the combined attack, leaving him open for a precious moment that the mohrg takes gleeful advantage of... if its skeletal face could express glee.
    It's skeletal fingers lash out to strike at the solarian before he can execute the finishing blow and slams the hulking man into the ground.
    It hisses as the tongue flashes out to strike at the impaired warrior.
    The ensuing melee makes it difficult for the gunners to strike at the mohrg without striking Aegon, and it uses this fact to its advantage as it uses the warrior as a shield, causing the shots to go wide.
    The zombie shuffles away from the mohrg's newest victim and towards MK 4M.

Show
    The nat 1 from Aegon will provoke an AoO from the mohrg.
    Attack vs. KAC
    (1d20+18)[37] (-1 from the biohack included)
    NOTE: If the attack beats your KAC by 4, you are grappled due to its grab ability.
    EDIT: Erm... if that's above your KAC by 13 you're pinned instead...
    Damage
    (3d4+14)[20]
    EDIT: I'll roll the tongue attack in the OOC, if you fail a DC 16 Fort save, you are paralyzed for a bit.

Zombie will continue to attack Aegon move towards MK 4M
    Attack vs. KAC
    (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage:
    (1d6+5)[9]
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2020-11-03 at 08:31 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Current SP: 18 | Current HP: 53 | Current RP: 6
    Active Effects: Gravitonic Attunement (1 Rnd); Solar Weapon (Electron Shard).
    Conditions: Grappled, Pinned, Paralyzed.

An off-balance strike and suddenly the mohrg in a preternaturally quick movement, entangled the warrior in a vise like grip. It opened it's maw and it's ridged, probiscus like tongue lashed forward finding slicing through his armor's environmental seals. Aegon could feel the toxins flood his system, and though his body no longer responded to his commands, he struggled to remain calm. His earlier assault had nearly eviscerated the void-spawn, he just needed to keep it away from him until his system could flush the filthy toxins from his blood. Summoning the force of the Inheritor's will, he shifted his focus, the sheath of her light guttering like a flame in the wind before extinguishing, the creature found itself surrounded by the crushing force of Iomedae's will as it pulled the creature from her knight and extrictaed it to the far side of the room.

Show
    OOC: Fortitude Check vs DC 16; (1d20+7)[13]. If unparalyzed Aegon will attempt to slay the Mohrg with an attack, at a -4 due to Pinned, with his Solar Weapon. (1d20+10)[17] vs KAC, if Successful (2d6+23)[29] fire damage. Mental actions are allowed, as such I will use my Free Action to attune to the Gravity Attunement, and my Standard Action to use Gravity Hold to fling the Mohrg 15' against the far wall, Fort save DC17 negates. If it moves away from me by failing the save the Grapple automatically breaks. If it fails, on it's turn it can attempt to do so again, or it is held away from Aegon and the group.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2020-11-04 at 07:12 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spoiler
    Show
    MK H4M1LL is going to take a 5 ft. step backwards, fire his lazer pistol, and order J0K3R to fire on the same target.

MK H4M1LL(1d20+9)[12] (1d4+3)[4]

J0K3R:(-2 for Deadly Aim) (1d20+7)[12] (2d8+10)[16]

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious, I'm firing on the enemy threatening me.
    Last edited by Grashlok; 2020-11-05 at 12:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The mohrg shrieks in surprise as it feels itself getting drawn away from its helpless prey.
    It attempts to fruitlessly find a purchase in the metal flooring, so as to stay close to Aegon's paralyzed form.
    Instead, it is flung like a ragdoll before it finds its footing.
    Once again, it looks to add another corpse to its collection as it strikes Aegon's plating.

Meanwhile, the zombie's flesh begins to burn away under the barrage of laserfire, cauterizing the fresh wounds sustained by the mohrg's earlier assault.
    It seems rather unintelligent as it clumsily lurches forward, unable to land a decisive strike on the android.

Johannes freezes in indecision as he tries to decide if it would be better to continue his assault on the mohrg or to suppress what he suspects to be poison.
    His instinct tells him that the mohrg's ability to incapacitate a foe isn't based on something so mundane as poison and he rummages through his syringes to find the best answer to a terrible situation.
    Show
    Fort.: (1d20+10)[14]
    Success (Attacks pinned Aegon) or fail (Attacks non-pinned Aegon):
    Attack vs. Aegon:
    (1d20+19)[29]
    (3d4+14)[21]
    Grab happens again, but I don't think that's enough to pin you this time, just a grapple.

Zombie moves to MK 4M again.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2020-11-07 at 05:13 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander