New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: (IC) Once Upon a Night in New Orleans CTL

Alex had turned his back to Kitsune and Sarah to keep a watchful eye at... well, ANYTHING else than the door that Kitsune and Sarah had their focus on. He was still feeling extremely paranoid about the whole situation.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Dingle Dongle Dangle - Do it at an Angle~

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Frustrated was better then angry, 'Annie it's Sarah, you made me that suit.' There had been a period when Sarah had been looking for a job among the mortals. The skirt suit Annie had made her had been designed to accommodate Sarah's tail without looking like that's what it was doing. Sarah could rely on the Mask to deal with that sort of thing for her, but it often left her having to restrain her tail to fit around whatever she was wearing. 'I would have texted you first, but it's a bit of an emergency. Kitsune's here with us and says she needs your help.' Sarah will wave the girl over to the speaker.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Looking around, the only thing that Shade notices is that a number of shops and buildings have begun decorating for Halloween. A grinning face leers at Shade from a shop window in the form of a jack-o-lantern, and orange and black streamers line a number of shop windows. It was October 1st now, after all; or at least it had been since midnight, when all this strangeness started. This of course meant a number of things for The Changeling community; the month would be littered with a number of celebrations and ritualized events, and it meant the appearance of Halloween Street...

"Oh, well... um hold on a moment," Annie's voice comes through the static sounding a little confused, "I'll be right down."

Yellow light washes over the street from a second floor window above where the three Changelings stand. Kitsune steps forward, pressing close to Sarah and whispers, "Thank you. I'm so sorry about this, but I really appreciate it." After a few more minutes the lights come on in the storefront, and from the glass shop window Annie can be seen crossing the room. She has short black hair cut almost in a bob. Her face is round, her dark eyes (human and insectoid) seem to shine like onyxes in the shop light. A cold, concerned expression plays on her face. She is dressed in a dark blue terrycloth bathrobe, which covers her otherwise naked chest and hangs down to her knees. Two shiny black segmented limbs creep out from under the lapel of the bathrobe, resting over her shoulders and bending down the front to pull the robe tight to her chest.

She crosses the shop with purpose, in one hand a large silver key ring with over a dozen bronze colored keys. She makes no eye contact with any of the three waiting, and when she gets to the door she begins a long and complicated process of removing bolt after lock after chain. Annie swings the door open, standing in the frame as if she were guarding it's entrance. "What is going on here?" she asks coldly, her voice tinkling like the sound of gold coins dropping one at a time into an ever growing pile.

"Annie I'm so sorry," Kitsune blurts, "I just, I can't tell you everything, but I need your help. I need to leave New Orleans and I need to do it tonight."

Annie's eyes study Kitsune, then Sarah, then Shade, before finally scanning the street itself. She says, "Come in," to Kitsune, stepping aside.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah will whisper back, 'Don't worry about it.' Before Annie opens the door she'll say to Alex, 'It's probably ok. She likes me...I think?'

She will follow Kitsune into Annie's store unless stopped. If anyone was watching it might be better to be off the street.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Annie allows Shade and Sarah to follow Kitsune into the shop. The moment all three are through the doorway, Annie does one last scan of the street before aggressively closing the door and beginning the long and noisy process of locking up again. As she works, Annie orders over her shoulder, "Upstairs, now."

The storefront itself is rather simply and elegantly decorated. A few mannequins stand by the window or around the shop, wearing finely tailored sports coats with stylishly chosen ties, pocket squares and other decorations of elegance. Two large wooden tables display an assortment of ties and button down shirts, and there is a mirrored corner of the shop where one could imagine a man would stand for his suit fitting. Shelves line one wall, filled to the brim with booklets of fabric swatches.

Kitsune bypasses all of this, going straight for the doorway in the back of the shop leading to the stairwell.

(OOC: Will give players the choice of following suit, or if they want to investigate/interact with anything.)
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alex just did as told - in no mood what so ever to be arguementive or anything like that.
    As soon as he got upstairs he'd merely find something to sit on and just rub at his face.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah has been here before, albeit not at this time of night. After a glance at the store front she'll follow Kitsune up the stairs.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Alex and Sarah follow Kitsune up the stairs, stepping into a quaintly decorated but spacious apartment. Walking into the living room, Kitsune collapses on the grey sectional sofa, carelessly smearing a bit of maroon blood from a forearm on the upholstery.

Annie comes marching into the room a few moments later, her gait stiffened by seething frustration. She gives a nod and says, "Sarah, Shade," before walking past them and sitting down next to Kitsune. One of her spidery appendages reaches out to lovingly stroke back a lock of Kitsune's hair. Audibly pushing her frustration down, and ignoring the other two in the room she says, "Okay dear, tell me what's going on."

Kitsune glances at Sarah and Shade nervously, and then repeats what she has said over and over again tonight. "I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to tell you. I... I'm in danger, and you will be safer the less you know." She gives Annie a pathetic grin, and then breaks out into sobs as she leans forward to wrap her arms around Annie and bury her face in the spider woman's chest. Between sobs, Kitsune manages, "I was... hoping you could... well if you could... get me through the Hedge."

"Of course dear, of course," Annie says, her voice softening and taking a comforting maternal tone, "Of course I will help you. Shhhh, shhh, it will be okay." Looking up from her friend, Annie throws Alex and Sarah a questioning glance as if to say, "Anything else you want to add?"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah will nod thoughtfully at the first part. If Kitsune was somehow over reacting then it wouldn't matter anyway. If not it was better that they didn't know where she was going. The second part though, 'If you're sure it's safe enough to travel through.' The Hedge wasn't safe, but maybe Annie knew what she was doing.

'If you're expecting someone to come looking, what about Annie? I don't intend to tell anyone, but what if someone comes round here asking questions?'

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alex just shook his head. It wasn't his place to meddle in this and Sarah had talked with Kitsune a lot more (comparatively speaking) than he himself had.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sarah will nod thoughtfully at the first part. If Kitsune was somehow over reacting then it wouldn't matter anyway. If not it was better that they didn't know where she was going. The second part though, 'If you're sure it's safe enough to travel through.' The Hedge wasn't safe, but maybe Annie knew what she was doing.
    "We'll be fine," Annie says flatly, almost rolling her eyes at Sarah's concern. After a moment's thought she adds, "Though I don't think it is a wise idea to bring you all along; we'll safer if we can move quickly, which means the fewer feet to trip me up the better." She says this all very matter o'factly, without accusation or judgment.

'If you're expecting someone to come looking, what about Annie? I don't intend to tell anyone, but what if someone comes round here asking questions?'
    Annie lets go of Kitsune, who has mostly stopped crying. She crosses halfway between Kitsune and where Sarah and Shade stand. She replies, "That is a good point, which is probably why you two should lead now." Annie's face becomes a mask of stern warning. She adds, "And don't tell anyone anything. You're certain no one followed you here?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    "We'll be fine," Annie says flatly, almost rolling her eyes at Sarah's concern. After a moment's thought she adds, "Though I don't think it is a wise idea to bring you all along; we'll safer if we can move quickly, which means the fewer feet to trip me up the better." She says this all very matter o'factly, without accusation or judgment.
    Sarah grins at this attitude, 'You're confident. I don't have a problem with that though. I'd prefer to stay out of the wilder parts of the Hedge unless I have a really good reason to go there.' The trip out of Arcadia had been more then enough, at least from what she remembered of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Annie lets go of Kitsune, who has mostly stopped crying. She crosses halfway between Kitsune and where Sarah and Shade stand. She replies, "That is a good point, which is probably why you two should lead now." Annie's face becomes a mask of stern warning. She adds, "And don't tell anyone anything. You're certain no one followed you here?"
    Sarah will get up from the chair arm she'd been sitting on, 'As certain as I can be without knowing what to look for.' Given enough time, she wondered whether she could have got Kitsune to give her more details about what she was afraid of, but it was too late for that now. 'I wouldn't have much to tell, but I'm not talking to anyone who chases women through mirrors in the middle of the night. If anyone actually comes to speak to me, I will enjoy telling them I've never seen you.' Sarah is very serious about that.

Before they leave she'll speak to Kitsune, 'I can't say I'm not curious about whatever this is, given you're willing to leave town over it, but I'll leave it for now. If you ever feel able to come back let me know. Take care of yourself.'

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alex just shrugged and did a 'zip' at the mouth. "Saw what? I haven't seen anything, have you - Sarah?" He asked with a knowing glance.
    "I've been in bed all night." He kept going. Sure it was ironically said for a reason. To make sure that it's understood that HE also understands.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: Apologies
    Show
    Hey guys, my sincere apology for the delay. The last few days really kicked my butt at work and at home. Things are fine. Thank you for your patience.

Sarah grins at this attitude, 'You're confident. I don't have a problem with that though. I'd prefer to stay out of the wilder parts of the Hedge unless I have a really good reason to go there.' The trip out of Arcadia had been more then enough, at least from what she remembered of it.
    Annie seems unamused by Sarah's comment, replying flatly, "I uh, run a Hedge navigation service for those who can afford it. We'll be fine." Kitsune gives Sarah a small affirmative nod to this.

Before they leave she'll speak to Kitsune, 'I can't say I'm not curious about whatever this is, given you're willing to leave town over it, but I'll leave it for now. If you ever feel able to come back let me know. Take care of yourself.'
    At this, Kitsune fully leaves Annie's embrace moving close to Sarah and Shade, even indicating that they should approach so that she can whisper to them. With dead seriousness Kitsune says, "I... I can't tell you everything. I don't want to put you in too much danger. But I also don't think I can fully stay quiet either." She glances back at Annie apologetically, though she is clearly speaking loud enough for the woman to overhear. Kitsune continues, "Just... well you know The Hallow's Eve Contract; the one that is supposed to keep us all safe in New Orleans from The Gentry?" Kitsune swallows hard, as if her throat were as dry as the desert. "It's... well it's something terrible. That's all I can say," she finishes. If Sarah or Shade ask any further questions trying to get more out of her, Kitsune simply shakes her head and keeps her mouth shut.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alex raised that proverbial eyebrow in a 'are you serious?' expression, at Kitsune.
    "Oooooo-kay. You SERIOUS about that? It sounds like some tinfoil hat conspiratory theory.... although we were all caught by actual fairies at one time, so I guess conspiracies very much has a root in truth. But, bad how? Just a ruse to-... you know what, never mind... I don't think I want to know more about this." Alex said and seemed both insanely curious (and tired), but also very reluctant at wanting to hear more. Curiosity killed the cat after all.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Trust me," Kitsune says with sudden fury, lips pulled back to show a muzzle full of canine fangs, lupine ears pointed forward, "I am dead serious." Annie actually steps forward as if to get ready to put herself between Kitsune and Shade. Still on alert, Kitsune adds, "Just trust me, that I know what I am talking about."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    Alex just shrugged and did a 'zip' at the mouth. "Saw what? I haven't seen anything, have you - Sarah?" He asked with a knowing glance.
    'Well I don't get out of bed at this time of night for just anyone.'

Sarah nods at Annie's explanation. She's impressed. Annie didn't seem like the type to make that sort of claim unless she meant it.

The Contract was why Sarah hadn't even tried to leave New Orleans yet. Not everyone who did bothered to come back, and it wasn't always clear whether they had chosen to move on or if something had happened to them. 'But it works...doesn't it?' Sarah says quietly to herself. What could be so terrible about the Contract anyway? Kitsune didn't sound like she was paranoid. She'll honour the girl's request not to ask any further questions.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Bennosuke - No worries. I can wait.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Well I don't get out of bed at this time of night for just anyone.'

Sarah nods at Annie's explanation. She's impressed. Annie didn't seem like the type to make that sort of claim unless she meant it.

The Contract was why Sarah hadn't even tried to leave New Orleans yet. Not everyone who did bothered to come back, and it wasn't always clear whether they had chosen to move on or if something had happened to them. 'But it works...doesn't it?' Sarah says quietly to herself. What could be so terrible about the Contract anyway? Kitsune didn't sound like she was paranoid. She'll honour the girl's request not to ask any further questions.

Show

Bennosuke - No worries. I can wait.
    Alex smiled ruefully. "Me neither.... but if the contract works, then that means it's very encompassing in terms of specifics and letter-of-the-word focused. But what's the cost to keep such a contract active? I mean if the contract would continue if, say, I had to die for it then no - I would say it's not worth it working when I have to die. If it's like Child-sacrifices like ever-horror-fairy-tale ever, I would also doubt it's value. We know of Changelings that does not live here, which still avoid the whole Gentry." He said with a very exhausted expression, clearly his mind was wandering right now.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"It works," Kitsune says with a hint of defeat in her voice, "it's just...". But no matter how long anyone waits, Kitsune never finishes the thought.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hemnon View Post
    We know of Changelings that does not live here, which still avoid the whole Gentry.[/COLOR]" He said with a very exhausted expression, clearly his mind was wandering right now.
    'It's the looking over your shoulder that would get me. You wouldn't be able to relax ...ever.' New Orleans was entertaining, but even if it was a village in the middle of nowhere it would have had the Contract going for it. This was the most Sarah had ever spent thinking about it. It was better to believe people when they told you it worked.

To Kitsune, 'Don't worry about it. Whatever it is hasn't bothered me so far.' Which didn't mean it would stay like that. 'You might want to get on. Just in case.'

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Annie steps forward at Sarah's statement. She says, "Very well then, unless you have any further business here tonight, I am going to ask that you leave. When you go down the stairs, take the back door out, rather than going back through the shop, and please be discrete on your trip back." She places a human hand on Kitsune's shoulder, but keeps her eyes on Sarah and Shade.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Sarah glances at Alex. After that she's even more curious, but doesn't want to keep Kitsune any longer. To Annie, 'I'll be careful.'

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alex gave a nod to Kitsune and Annie as he got up.
    "We'll take our leave then... maybe get some actual sleep. Come Sarah." He said and went for the door and walked straight for the front door when he saw it and exited after taking a peek through the peephole/window/whatever else is available to take a look at what might be outside.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

'What are the chances that there's someone out there watching for us already?" Sarah is genuinely asking. 'Or is it more that the fewer people who see us leave the better.' Under the circumstances, she wonders about the wisdom of taking that taxi.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'What are the chances that there's someone out there watching for us already?" Sarah is genuinely asking. 'Or is it more that the fewer people who see us leave the better.' Under the circumstances, she wonders about the wisdom of taking that taxi.
    Alex was about to mention his dream and that even his nightmares that thrice-damned 'princess' was still haunting him...

"Better safe than sorry..." he muttered.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Peaking through the front door, and peering through the storefront windows, Shade sees no signs of any life outside, magical or otherwise. But of course, both Shade and Sarah were experienced enough to know that you could not always simply trust your eyes.

(OOC: So... do you two go out the back then, and how are you getting home?)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ettin in the Playground

If neither of them see anything obvious Sarah will shrug and ease the door open. She'll talk quietly in case Kitsune was still in earshot. 'If she's exaggerating or somehow wrong what does it matter? She was seeing the wrong man and he was a violent ******** to her, but what can he do to us? Even if if someone comes to see us at some point at least we'll know what we're dealing with.'

Sarah is still glancing outside as she does this. There was always someone out walking their dog or whatever. 'If it's something more and they're capable of finding us this quickly why not just come inside for a chat anyway. Annie isn't that scary.'

'We stick to the backstreets and see if anyone's really taking an interest. Or we just nip into the hedge a second to speed things up.'

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sarah and Shade make the long trek back to The French Quarter from Magazine street. At this time of night the streets are near empty, though the occasional apartment shines light down on the street, music playing dreamily in the distance. Many of the apartment and shops are already putting up decorations for Halloween, and many of the trees lining the sidewalk have leaves turning yellow and orange. Despite everything that has happened, there is a quiet peacefulness to the streets of New Orleans, and in sticking to "the right neighborhood streets" the duo are able to avoid any threat of being held up or put at risk.

However, the magic of the early morning peace is disrupted as the two approach their apartment. Coming around the side of the building, Sarah and Shade can almost instantly tell that something is "off". Though no window has been disrupted, and the door has been left closed; someone has triggered the alarm system that the two had installed when they first moved in together. As part of the security system being triggered, all the lights have turned on, casting a white light on the small yard and the surrounding sidewalks. And when the two try the front door, it opens immediately, even though it had been left locked.

(OOC: Haval's two successes on the Perception check...)

Concerned, Sarah immediately begins scanning the streets, and her attention catches on a pair of gleaming yellow eyes about two blocks away. The thought floats into her mind that the eyes are somehow "reptilian", but the moment she begins staring the eyes wink out, as the suddenly materialized shadow silhouette appears out of movement; turning and rushing away.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2020-11-27 at 06:07 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

On the way back Sarah is starting to relax. After the unpleasantness of the dream and whatever seemed to be going on with Kitsune it was easier to have an excuse to not worry about it. She quite liked walking in New Orleans at night. The mortals weren't a danger to her even if they might be that to each other. She was fairly sure no one was watching either. Between her dog's ears and the eyes that Arcadia had left her with it was difficult for her not to see a problem coming, even when she sometimes wished she could switch that off.

The sight of the house was an unpleasant surprise. 'Did someone break in?' Was this a coincidence? Sarah was more angry then panicked. How dare anyone, human or Changeling come into her house like this. She bares her teeth without really thinking. Seeing the ...lizard?...she's about to attract Alex's attention to it, but then it chooses to run away. 'Hey!' Hard to look innocent when you were running away from a burglary. Sarah will brake into a run. She wasn't exactly dressed for this, but if this thing had broken in she would like to have words with it.

Show

So foot chase? Don't expect this to work but I did take Angry for the Thread. Sarah has Speed 12 as a Beast but I suppose that means she can't do long distance.

Stamina 2 + Athletics 1
    (3d10)[2][10][5](17)

10 again rolled in the ooc

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alex quickly noticed what Sarah had spotted and suddenly dashed after... and not really knowing what else to do, he gave chase alongside with her.
    "This night *huff-puff* sucks, SO MUCH!" He uttered mid-sprint with a sour tone.
    Spoiler
    Show

Guess I'll roll some stamina+atheltics as well.
    (4d10)[7][9][7][10](33)

EDIT: so that's an extra 10 and a 2, rolled in OOC. so a total of 3 successes.
    Last edited by Hemnon; 2020-11-27 at 11:09 PM.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show