New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Blogging and stuff.

So yeah... for some time now, I've been thinking of starting a blog. Mostly to get an outlet for all the percolating thoughts inside my mind.

I've always been better at writting my thoughts down, as opposed to voicing them out. And as of lately, I haven't been speaking much... at all. I really need an outlet for all the thoughts inside my head. I would still probably censor myself heavily, but yeah... it would do me good, me thinks.

If, in the far flung future, exists a possibility of earning some cash, no matter how small, I wouldn't say no to it.

I consider myself something of a cosmopolite. I have no idea what to write about and at the same time, too many ideas to put into words.

So yeah, anybody done this? Any ideas where to start? Preferably a provider that doesn't charge me, but hey, I'm willing to put out some money if it prevents me from doing something stupid to myself.

So please, offer me ideas, words of encourgament... anything, really. Just something to push me off my butt.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Blogging and stuff.

There is, to a decent first approximation, absolutely nothing easier than starting a blog. The absolutely easiest way is to use Facebook or a similar closed platform, but that has such severe drawbacks that I would advise strongly against it.

For only about 10% more effort - and still zero financial layout - there are plenty of free hosting services (Blogger and WordPress are the big players, but there is no shortage of smaller ones too) that let you post publicly and freely.

The hard part is thinking of something to write every day. It's easy at first, you've got all these ideas bubbling around, but you'll be amazed how quickly those run out. Good luck.
    Last edited by veti; 2020-10-19 at 02:36 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Blogging and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordokai View Post
    So yeah... for some time now, I've been thinking of starting a blog. Mostly to get an outlet for all the percolating thoughts inside my mind.

I've always been better at writting my thoughts down, as opposed to voicing them out. And as of lately, I haven't been speaking much... at all. I really need an outlet for all the thoughts inside my head. I would still probably censor myself heavily, but yeah... it would do me good, me thinks.

If, in the far flung future, exists a possibility of earning some cash, no matter how small, I wouldn't say no to it.

I consider myself something of a cosmopolite. I have no idea what to write about and at the same time, too many ideas to put into words.

So yeah, anybody done this? Any ideas where to start? Preferably a provider that doesn't charge me, but hey, I'm willing to put out some money if it prevents me from doing something stupid to myself.

So please, offer me ideas, words of encourgament... anything, really. Just something to push me off my butt.
    Pick a word count for each day and stick to it. 1,000 words maybe. Then make a list of topics for each day of the week, and if nothing comes to mind write about one of them.

Also you might want to join some sort of zoom group or alternative for people to talk to. Discord and facebook both have voice groups, isolation hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".