New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: St. Caspieran's Mission [IC]

"We're being watched," Lin states in a low voice, her eyes moving deliberately away from the window and towards the front door of the mission. "Windows just above the doors."
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Friend Eric. Friend Rodriguez. The others have noticed us. Visto will continue up to the roof to observe the exits. Be aware of Visto's call if it comes." After warning his comrades, Visto does indeed take off, heading for the roof where he will either perch or start circling around in order to have a good view, whichever is more viable for him once he's up there.

Spoiler
    Show
    In addition to flight, I will also invest 2E into both his Verdant Vambraces and his Bands of the Void.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

”I don’t think too many of us should enter at once. Ozlech, Lin, we might need someone to watch the back if you’re up for it. he moves to be out of sight of the window and lowers his voice. “How’s this? I can disguise myself as a gendarme, we March in there, and tell Beltias we have a job opportunity straight from the overlord himself. A man as short on coin as he is can’t pass it up. Once he’s out of Casperian’s we can lead him straight to his daughter on a platter. If he wises up, all of us together shouldn’t have much issue knocking him cold. Any thoughts?” after delivering his speech, Rodriguez will crouch down making sure he’s out of sight before casting disguise self to conjure a basic gendarme uniform over himself, while leaving his body unchanged.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

The mission bell is heard tolling.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozlech's face wrinkles in distaste at Rodriguez' disguise and says, "I'd rather not be seen with a Gendarme. People may think I'm leaky. Me and Ginny will stay out here. I can watch the front, while Ginny circles around the back. Best shout real loud if things go belly up in there so we can come charging in."

Spoiler: Ozlech >>> Ginny
    Show
    Think you can circle around the back of the Mission and let me know how many exits there are to this place?

6. - Top - End - #36

So, Visto flies atop the mission. Huginn flies to the rear. How does Rodriguez respond to Ozlech?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez nods apologetically and shrugs.”Duly noted, I’ll get rid of it as soon as we can get this guy through the door. I’ll save the uniform for emergencies only then.” He clasps his hands together with enthusiasm.”Let’s get this done then, shall we?” He strolls confidently up to the door and motions for Apophis to follow.
    Last edited by AggressiveBread; 2020-11-17 at 09:56 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Flagstone steps climb to an open foyer hung with a pair of weather-beaten double doors. Two smaller doors flank the main entrance, both covered with graffiti. The southern door has a sign that reads
    “Flophouse: upstairs and take a left hike.”

The other door has a homemade sign that reads, “All rooms taken.”
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-11-17 at 11:06 PM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez looks back one last time to be sure everyone is ready. He holds his guisarme in his left hand, and with his right he knocks firmly on one of the main double doors. Under his breath he mutters ”Gods, I hope this works.”

10. - Top - End - #40

Nobody answers right away, but given the size of the place, that makes sense. Finally, though, a younger man in very poor cleric's robes and wearing a wooden symbol of Sarenrae opens the door. He has to do a double-take given the demonspawn that stands before you. Nervously, he asks, "Y-yes?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41

BlueWizardGirl

Lin lingers a short distance back, watching as her companions do their preparations, arms clasped behind her back, raven on her shoulder, psicrystal on the other.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez nods in greeting, he speaks in a much more authoritative tone than he has usually does. “Good afternoon sir, I apologize if I startled you, but I assure you that me and my partner here mean you no harm.” He jerks a thumb in Eric’s direction.“We are with the city’s Gendarmes we had a job offer for one of the tenants here, straight from the overlord himself. I believe the tenant’s name was Beltias Kreun, can we speak with him?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’d like to make an influence check, this feels like bluff to me

13. - Top - End - #43

The young man seems confused. "Tenants? We have rooms that we lend to the needy, but this is a mission for the homeless. We don't have ... tenants, sir. And I don't recognize anyone by that name even among those that are here often."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

When the man says this, Rodriguez does his best to hide his suprise.”Well that’s very generous of you. We have it on good authority that Beltias was here recently, and the boss will have our heads if we don’t even talk to him. Could we at least take a quick look around? We’ll be sure not to cause trouble. Won’t take more than 10 minutes.

15. - Top - End - #45

"Sure, but be respectful of our wayward here," he says, opening the door farther.

Is raven-propped Lin going to move up and go in with Rodriguez?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As Rodriguez enters, Eric follows inside, bowing slightly as a sign of respect to the sarenite.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

17. - Top - End - #47

Lin, do you move up and in to join them, or hold outside?

Eric and Rodriguez, the stench of mud and sweat mingles with the odor of vinegar and cabbage soup to pervade this entire lobby. Scratched tables and benches provide seating for resting vagrants, conversation, or eating simple meals. In the corner stagnates an old font with a dented tin cup tied to it by a frayed length of twine. This area is full of vagrants right now.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will take a quick look around before turning to Eric,”I bet our guy was the one watching us from upstairs. What do you think?”

19. - Top - End - #49

BlueWizardGirl

Lin follows the others in, trying to look inconspicuous. "Him, or someone working for him," she agrees in a low voice.

20. - Top - End - #50

Having received no orders to the contrary, Apophis enters with Imp (and Muninn ... and Crysti). Description was only given for the immediate area. This place is full of vagrants all throughout, and right now, it is meal-time as the tables and benches are full of homeless people, drifters, and Riddleport's truly unfortunate.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez looks toward the closest staircase to the second floor,”Let’s get after him then. We don’t have a description for this guy, so keep an eye out for anyone who looks particularly scummy I guess.” He heads for the staircase, with the intention of checking the room they were being watched from. He motions for Apophis and the others to follow.

22. - Top - End - #52

What staircase? There were the stairs that led up to the front double doors, and then in the distance to the west, you barely make out a short set of stairs leading up to the dais. But nothing leading to the second floor.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-11-23 at 04:08 PM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Since there aren’t any in view of the entrance, Rodriguez will move toward the middle of the room to find a way to the second floor. Being careful not to disturb anyone eating.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My bad I read the map wrong the first time

24. - Top - End - #54

Rodriguez moves to the area marked (5) on the map. The modest chapel has a high-arched ceiling, a plain wooden pulpit, and less than a dozen worn-out pews. Several tapestries hang along the back walls, collages that depict a modest, hardworking life in a slum similar to the one just outside the mission’s doors. At the rear of the chapel, high on the wall, hangs a large wooden holy symbol of Sarenrae studded with yellow and orange flecks of glass.

Rodriguez, do you do anything in here?

Eric and Lin, what do you do (still back by #3, the Lobby)?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Staying close to Rodriguez, Eric simply says :

"Let's try to not make a ruckus here, ok ?"
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

26. - Top - End - #56

Rodriguez and Eric, you are near a large set of double doors (to the north).

Lin is still in the lobby.

Now what?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

BlueWizardGirl

Lin sticks close to her companions, her head turning and taking in the area around them. "Actually, making a ruckus might be exactly what we need to do. With the others outside, they would catch the flight of any who attempted to flee when things got rucky, which may be our simplest way of running down this individual."
    Last edited by RelentlessImp; 2020-11-23 at 10:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Apophis comes closer, looking at the doors next to Rodriguez and Eric, "Where they go?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez looks at Lin and shrugs”I don’t think it’d be too difficult to rile up these guys, but they’ve been accommodating so far, so we might as well check that room upstairs. If he’s not there, then we can start a fight with the homeless.” He will push open the double doors in front of him.

30. - Top - End - #60

Rodriguez will find that the double doors are locked and do not open.
    Show