New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: St. Caspieran's Mission [IC]

Rodriguez will walk over to the cleric who opened the door for them.”Pardon me, but do those doors lead to the flophouse upstairs? We were hoping to take a peak at the second floor.” He gestures over to the locked double doors.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

"Father Phadrig has the keys, and he is upstairs asleep now," says the young cleric. "You aren't going into the sleeping quarters as that would be disruptive for anyone sleeping there, many of whom haven't had a sleep off the streets for weeks."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez puts a hand to his face in exasperation before turning back to the others. In a low voice he says,”I think we’ve got two choices, we kick that door in, or we go back out and climb up the outside. I guess we could wait for the man to finish his nap, but I’m not much for that plan. What do you think?”

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric looks horrified :

"You would kick down the door of a sarenite mission ? Before going any further, we should ensure to check if he isn't among those already gathered here. I say we call his name and see if anyone reacts to it."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez shrugs his shoulders with a sheepish look on his face,
    ”No hard feelings I hope? It was only a suggestion. I just have my doubts that a man trying not to be found will simply appear when his name is called. That being said, it can’t hurt to try. Does anyone else feel like interrupting meal time, Or shall I?”

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"I wasn't talking about him answering to his name, not about him reacting to it. Quite the difference, but we'll need someone good at reading emotions."
    Last edited by silphael; 2020-11-30 at 03:38 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez inhales deeply after noting he teammates’ hesitation to volunteer. He clambers up onto a nearby pew before adressing his comrades. ”If this doesn’t work, it’s not my fault, just so that’s clear.” He addresses the assembled paupers and downtrodden folk in a booming grandiose voice.”Sorry to disturb a pleasant meal, but I have a small request. I’m looking for a man here named Beltias Kreun. If any of you have details to share, even as simple as the man’s appearance, I can offer you a free drink, on me.” He then casts a spell on his two water skins and scans the crowd for reactions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rodriguez will cast Tears to Wine on both of his water skins. Turning their contents into mead. I’d like to make an influence check if that applies.

8. - Top - End - #68

Nobody is doing anything, to the point that it feels to Rodriguez he is being flatly ignored.

The young cleric comes up to Rodriguez. "You come here and start trying to bribe the weak with something to weaken the spirit? You can go now, sir. Now."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

He steps down, takes a deep swig from his waterskin, and twirls his tail absentmindedly.”Yeesh, tough crowd huh?” to Lin and Eric. ”Well, I tried. Your welcome to give it a shot, I’ve had damn near enough of this place anyway. Let’s go Apophis, it’s time for plan B.” He walks out the way he came in. Once out the door, he’ll drop his disguise.

10. - Top - End - #70

Apophis follows him out.

What about Eric and Lin?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Lin looks over at Eric, and her shoulders lift in a vague shrug as she follows Rodriguez out.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As he passes by the priest to go outside, he simply says :

"Sorry, he didn't realize how insensitive it would be to offer that. My apologies. Guess Beltias' daughter will keep waiting for him then."

13. - Top - End - #73

If Eric was looking for some giveaway response, the best he might figure is confusion.

Lin, what do you do?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Once outside, Rodriguez will cast the message cantrip to whisper a message up to Visto on the roof.”The way up on the inside is blocked, is there a way in up on the roof? we may end up going straight through the window if there isn’t.”

15. - Top - End - #75

Visto, you receive no message.

Rodriguez, you have to be able to point to the creature, meaning LOS/LOE is required.

Anyway, I will assume the entire party is outside now. So, as before, you are standing at the front where you have the double doors leading directly in, and two facing doors to each side of the primary double door .... and whatever else is around either side (unknown).

Lin, Eric, Rodriguez .... what now?

Visto and Ozlech, how are you doing?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-12-04 at 11:29 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Then we should start with exploring the sides, making sure to check for possible side entrances. But I tend to think what our employer is seeking is petty vengeance, while her father has already been punished enough."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto is currently perched on the highest point of the roof, looking around and listening for the sounds of anyone trying to leave. He likely notices the party walking out of the building, but figures that they'd call for him if something had changed, and is likely also able to notice that they do not have any additional company. As such, he would remain on watch until something happens.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Seeing the others return, without their target, Ozlech with send a message telepathically to Ginny.

Spoiler: Ozlech >>> Ginny
    Show
    Hey Ginny! See anything? The others are back so fly to Visto and get him to come back with you somehow. Looks like we need to have a talk.

Looking at the returning party, Ozlech grins and says "Are you giving up already? The soup couldn't have been that bad right? I sent Ginny to get Visto, they should be here shortly if Visto isn't too stubborn."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez gives Ozlech a half smile and rubs the back of head in slight embarrassment.”Well I can’t say much about the food, but the way up to the 2nd floor on the inside is blocked. Not only that, but no one inside has even heard of the guy before, he must’ve snuck in or something. I suppose we could try the window, but it’ll take some legwork to get up there, and it seems like Eric is against forced entry.” he looks over to Eric.I’m not sure we’ll be able to do this without forcing something open. But that may just be my bias talking.”

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Hearing Rodrigues so quick to use force to achieve his ends, Ozlech winces slightly before forcing on a grin and saying, ”Hey pal, everything may look like a nail in need of a hammer, but I assure you it ain’t so. Let’s gather together and see what’s what. Maybe Visto has a way in from up top. Or I could maybe sweet talk our way in. Just remember that we should try to avoid a trail of bodies behind us. We don’t want the attention that’ll bring.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

After stewing on Ozlechs words, Rodriguez takes another swig of his drink and simply says Let’s wait for Visto, but I want to make one thing clear. Despite appearances, I’m no heartless monster, or violent drunkard either. Let’s just get this done.”

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

After Muninn comes to fetch him, Visto flies down and lands on the ground with the rest of his comrades. "What news do friends have for Visto?"
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

23. - Top - End - #83

As Visto returns with Ginny, Lin looks to the front alcove. "What about those two doors?"

You know, the two facing doors on each side of the main entrance?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric shrugs.

"They don't seem to lead in the big room, so we should try, indeed."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez nods in agreement.”Let’s get to it I guess.” Rodriguez heads to the small door to the left of the main entrance, signaling for Apophis to slither behind.

26. - Top - End - #86

Given it is a smaller door, and the space behind is likely 5-ft-wide, what is marching order (feel free to discuss on Discord).
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

If the order is agreed upon by everyone, Rodriguez will begin to push open the small door and step inside, weapon at the ready.

28. - Top - End - #88

The group falls in behind Rodriguez. He goes up 15. up the staircase to the landing on the second floor.

Rodriguez, something runs at you from the poorly lit hallway. Your lamellar armor just barely stops a weapon from guttting you!

Begin Round One ...

R1T23:
    Eric doesn't really hear or notice anything as a whole troop of people are in front of him, clomping up the stairs.

R1T22-21: "What was that?" asks Lin after Muninn tilts his head at her, sensing something wrong. Believing an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, Lin concentrates and a field of force is briefly seen warping around her.

R1T20: Rodriguez, you are stuck in a place you don't want to be as there is nowhere to maneuver and this guy is within reach of your guisarme. He is a rattily-dressed man, wearing leather armor and wielding rapier and dagger in each hand. He is a little off-balance because he charged down the hallway from the west to get to you. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-12-09 at 08:42 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez whips around to face the man. He shouts to the others.”We’ve got trouble! Try to knock him out.” Rodriguez lowers his head and tries to ram into the man at full speed to get past him.
    Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Rodriguez will attempt an overrun maneuver to try and end up 10 feet behind the man.
    Afterward, his turn is over.

30. - Top - End - #90

R1T20: Rodriguez whips around to face the man. He shouts to the others.”We’ve got trouble! Try to knock him out.” Rodriguez lowers his head and tries to ram into the man at full speed to get past him, but all he does is get a deep wound (crit) from the man's rapier for his trouble .... right in the head. Luckily, it is where his horns meet under the skull so he only takes 9, but the force is enough to nauseate Rodriguez and stop his overrun before it ever started.

R1T16: Ozlech, you can see Rodriguez at the top of the stairs, and saw the attack ome in. Rodriguez looks woozy, but you can't even get to him, and you know there is no way you can get past the guy upstairs easily, either. What do you do? What do you ask Huginn do? Note, it is too narrow a passage for Huginn (behind you) to fly, and she takes up a whole square herself (remember, just like Jean in SA, she is a "fat, black turkey") since she's small.
    Show