New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: St. Caspieran's Mission [IC]

Ozlech

Seeing that the terrain really doesn't fit his and Ginny's tactics, Ozlech will retreat back the way he came with Ginny in tow saying, "It's tighter than an Abbess's thighs in there! Make way unless you can help!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Double move back away to make room for others to move around. Ginny will follow Ozlech.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

R1T16: Seeing that the terrain really doesn't fit his and Ginny's tactics, Ozlech will retreat back the way he came with Ginny in tow saying, "It's tighter than an Abbess's thighs in there! Make way unless you can help!" He then gives Ginny a telepathic entreaty to follow him.

He didn't really have to double move, as a single move was enough to bring him to the entrance below (and facing that opposite door).

R1T15: "Boss! I help! I ready switch with you!" hisses Apophis to Rodriguez...

R1T14: The man, whose age is not immediately apparent with a face covering, recovers from the charge and sudden attack of his own. He takes out a dagger with one hand, while still stabbing Rodriguez in the cheek with his rapier for 7.

R1T8: Visto, what do you do way at the back of the bus, as it were? You are currently unaware of Rodriguez' status (so would have no reason beyond metagaming to offer him a balm).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

With a fight brewing, Visto's magic starts to roar to life on its own, but with the environment the group is in, Visto chooses to retreat backwards. As he does, he calls out to his allies. "Friends. This environment is dangerous for Visto to fight in, so Visto will back out so Friends can fight back better."

Spoiler
    Show
    At the start of turn, Visto generates one Essence exclusive to his Storm abilities, and applies it to The Cyclone.

Move action: Move back down the stairs to allow a little more room for the others.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #94

R1T8: With a fight brewing, Visto's magic starts to roar to life on its own, but with the environment the group is in, Visto chooses to retreat backwards. As he does, he calls out to his allies. "Friends. This environment is dangerous for Visto to fight in, so Visto will back out so Friends can fight back better."

R1T3: Crysti is now ready to do as its mistress requires ...

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T23:
    Eric, what do you do? Fall up, fall back, or keep position. At this point, Lin is 10' in front of you, then a gap, and then Apophis and Rodriguez at the top. You do not know Rodriguez' status.

Muninn on deck, Lin in the hole ...
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Show

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Quickly getting into a close, defensive stance, Eric goes up, looking for the opponent in a room that's lit as day for him, trying to go past Rodriguez, to, once there, ensure no one gets past him.

Show
    My darkvision doesn't go far enough ?
    Anyway : and of course the very first combat forces me to struggle with encumbrance ><
    Swift action : grim news to move forward just behind Rodriguez.
    Move action : move in front of Rodriguez, to whichever square is available
    Standard action : Thirsty Axe Strike on a target that apparently attacked Rodriguez. (if it hits, also gains damage inflicted as THP)
    Attack - (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[4]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #96

R2T23: Quickly getting into a close, defensive stance, Eric goes up, looking for the opponent in a room that's lit as day for him, trying to go past Rodriguez, and finding that since he can't even get past Apophis, he warily grips his double-spear.

R2T21: Lin goes downstairs.

R2T20: Rodriguez, you are woozy and your head is spinning. What do you do?

Ozlech/ Ginny on deck, Apophis in the hole (but readied to take Rodriguez' spot) ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez reels from the attack, hoping to make room for the others, he retreats down the stairs to the closest open space he can find. As he goes, he commands Apophis,”Bring him down, don’t kill him.”
    Show
    Rodriguez takes a move action to get
    as far down the stairs as he can.

8. - Top - End - #98

R2T20: Rodriguez reels from the attack, hoping to make room for the others, he retreats down the stairs to the closest open space he can find (after Apophis and Eric), but not before he is grazed in his left lower arm for 4. As he goes, he commands Apophis,”Bring him down, don’t kill him.”Once settled on the stairs he is no longer nauseated.

R2T19: Apophis moves right up to where his master was a second ago.

R2T16: Ozlech, do you (and Ginny) delay? If not, what do you do?

Assailant on deck, Visto in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Ozlech will settle into his normal combat stance, and keep an eye on the surroundings for if their fight is attracting attention. He will not give Ginny any orders at this time.

Show
    Swift action for Aura of Misfortune stance. Enemies within 30’ suffer a -2 penalty to saving throws.

10. - Top - End - #100

R2T16: Ozlech will settle into his normal combat stance, and keep an eye on the surroundings for if their fight is attracting attention. He will not give Ginny any orders at this time.

R2T14: The man at the top of the stairs attacks Apophis with both sword and dagger, but does terribly.

R2T8: Visto, what do you do?

Eric on deck, Lin in the hole, Muninn/ Crysti delaying ...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto delays, waiting for the chaos to settle.

Spoiler
    Show
    At the start of turn, Visto generates 1 Temp E and invests it into The Cyclone for a total of 2E

12. - Top - End - #102

R2T8: Visto delays, waiting for the chaos to settle.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T23:
    Eric, what do you do?

Lin on deck, Rodriguez in the hole, Visto delaying (no longer noting the "pets" that are delaying) ...
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric prepares himself to join the fray be replacing a teammate.

Show
    I'll delay until I have a spot in the front.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

14. - Top - End - #104

R3T23: Eric prepares himself to join the fray be replacing a teammate.

R3T21: Lin delays ....

R3T20: What does Rodriguez do?

Apophis on deck, Ozlech in the hole ....
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez begins a chaotic, powerful chant, which inspires fury in those who listen to it. He then pulls out a berry with his tail, from a pouch on his belt, and pops it in his mouth.
    Show
    Rodriguez begins a raging song.(Inspired Rage)(SA) pulls out a fermented berry (SWA) and eats it (MA) the berry heals 1 hp and prevents a round of rage from being used.

16. - Top - End - #106

R3T20: Rodriguez begins a chaotic, powerful chant, which inspires fury in those who listen to it. He then goes to pull out a berry with his tail, but finds that had eaten all of his berries previously. Those luscious "lush" berries.
    Spoiler: Goodberry/ Fermented Fruit
    Show
    You have to already have a berry, which you did not. No, you are not "assumed" to always have berries on hand.

Who accepts Rodriguez' raging song? (Answer in Discord, please.)
    Spoiler: Effects of Inspired Rage
    Show
    Inspired Rage (Su): Affected allies gain a +2 morale bonus to STR & CON & +1 morale bonus on Will saving throws, but also take a –1 penalty to AC.
    * While under the effects of inspired rage, allies other than Rodriguez cannot use any CHA-, DEX-, or INT-based skills (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.
    * Unlike the barbarian’s rage ability, those affected are not fatigued after the song ends.
    * If an ally has her own rage class ability, she may use the STR, CON, & Will save bonuses, as well as AC penalties, based on her own ability and level instead of those from Rodriguez (still suffering no fatigue afterward).
    ** However, inspired rage does not allow the ally to activate abilities dependent on other rage class abilities, such as rage powers, blood casting, or bloodrager bloodlines; the ally must activate her own rage class ability in order to use these features.

R3T19: Apophis eagerly accepts his partner's raging song. His jaws snap and miss, but then he follows up with a tail slap to the man's right hand for 6.

R3T16: Ozlech, what do you do? Did you take the raging song? What do you have Ginny do?

Assailant on deck, Rodriguez in the hole, Eric/ Lin/ Visto/ Other Pets delaying ...
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Hitting upon an idea, Ozlech says, ”Ginny, try to see if you can teleport behind him!”

Meanwhile, Ozlech will reinvest his Essence, giving Ginny and Apophis a point each. He will place his other two into his hand bind.

Show
    Order Ginny to move up and hopefully see enough around the corner to get Fading Strike off.
    Swift action: Invest E into Akashic Army granting Ginny and Apophis the Escape Route teamwork feat (and they can use Riven Dart since that is my hand bind but with 0 E for them)

Remaining 2 E go to Riven Darts.

18. - Top - End - #108

R3T16: Hitting upon an idea, Ozlech says, ”Ginny, try to see if you can teleport behind him!”

Meanwhile, Ozlech will reinvest his Essence, giving Ginny and Apophis a point each. He will place his other two into his hand bind.

And with that, Ginny flies up (past Eric) and gives a quick word back to her pet tiefling....
    Spoiler: Ginny >>> Ozzy
    Show
    "Too damned crowded for a fade, my pet, but I will try the wasp's sting you've given me! Wait. Dammit! If only I had fingertips. How do I shoot these things?!"

R3T14: The man is wary this time, and is more cautious. He brings his rapier around to confuse the snake to crit it with feinted sneak attack for 11.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T20:
    Rodriguez, do you continue your raging song? You also feel Apophis' pain as he was stabbed (but he is in rage). What do you do?

Apophis on deck, Ozzy/ Ginny in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2020-12-17 at 01:56 AM.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez continues his raging song. As it progresses, he heals slightly. He picks up his water skin with his tail and takes a drink from it. He goes pale, as Apophis heals some of his wounds. After this, he moves further down the stairs toward Visto.”I’m hurting up here.”
    Show
    Rodriguez continues his raging song. He pulls out his water skin and drinks from it. (SwA)and (MA). He sacrifices 9 hp to give to Apophis. He uses his standard action to move toward Visto. Raging song gives Rodriguez fast healing 2, and anyone who listens also receives the lesser spirit totem rage power, using Rodriguez’s charisma.

20. - Top - End - #110

R4T20: Rodriguez continues his raging song. As it progresses, he heals slightly. He picks up his water skin with his tail and takes a drink from it. After this, he moves further down the stairs toward Visto.”I’m hurting up here.”
    Spoiler: Rodriguez
    Show
    Drinking .... whether a potion, or any other liquid ..... is a SA that provokes AOOs. Now, if you are referring to your Accelerated Drinker, please read the fine print ... you just took out your waterskin this turn. So, you got out your waterskin and stepped downstairs, but then that's it, because it was a SA to drink, and it is a SA to use a supernatural ability (unless otherwise specified), so no hp to Apophis now.

R4T19: He might be hurt, but Apophis knows that he is IMMORTAL!!! (As long as Rodriguez is alive.) So, he quailed initially from the pain, but continuing to enjoy his brain-bonded's bitchin' bard ballad, he attacks the swordsman, just managing another tail slap against his right hand for 8, enough to smash his hand and drop him from shock! "He fall down!" Apophis calls.

R4T16: Ozlech, what do you do? What do you Ginny to do?

Rodriguez on deck, Apophis in the hole, everyone else is delaying ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Spoiler: Ozlech >>> Ginny
    Show
    I usually just flick my fingers but... hmm I think I see the issue now. Try your talons maybe?

While Ginny figures things out, Ozlech will move out of the way for Visto to reach Rodriguez.

Show
    move if needed to let the healer reach the wounded. Let Ginny act on her own initiative.

22. - Top - End - #112

R4T16:
    Spoiler: Ozzy >>> Ginny
    Show
    I usually just flick my fingers but... hmm I think I see the issue now. Try your talons maybe?
    While Ginny figures things out, Ozlech stays out of the way for Visto to reach Rodriguez.
    Show
    "Let's try this on for size! KA-CHOW, BITCHES! ....... Nope, didn't work either. Oh, wait, he's down. Bad guy down. I DID IT! I must've shot him."

Visto, you heard Apophis shout "he fall down." What do you do? It is too crowded (even with allies) to "fly" your way for extra speed up the narrow stairway.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto will re-enter the building, and take stock of what he sees. "Friends, is Visto correct in believing that the fight has concluded? Are any Friends injured? If so, please come to Visto, so that He can take care of his Friends wounds."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Enter the building
    Swift action: Allocate last 2E from Radiant to Unicorn Feathering.
    Standard action: Ready an action to use Unicorn Feathering on the first ally to declare himself injured and move within touch range of Visto.
    This will grant the touched ally 11 (5+3 per E invested) Fast Healing for 3 rounds. This will also grant the ally a +1 Morale Bonus on Attack Rolls and to Saves against Fear effects.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will continue his rage for another round, shouting back to Apophis, “Make sure he’s out cold partner!” His chanting heals him slightly, he swigs from his water skin and moves over to Visto. ”I’m a little banged up.” He will also sacrifice some life for his partner.
    Show
    He spends a free action to continue raging song. He spends a move action to drink(accelerated drinker) so a round of rage is not expended. A standard action to move within touch range of Visto. sacrificing 10 hit points for his eidolon does not take an action (soulbound life link). He heals for two hp(skalds vigor)

25. - Top - End - #115

R4T8: Visto will re-enter the building's stairway, just standing on the first couple stairs, and take stock of what he sees. "Friends, is Visto correct in believing that the fight has concluded? Are any Friends injured? If so, please come to Visto, so that He can take care of his Friends wounds."

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T20:
    Rodriguez will continue his rage for another round, shouting back to Apophis, “Make sure he’s out cold, partner!” His chanting heals him slightly, he swigs from his water skin and moves over to Visto. ”I’m a little banged up.” He will also sacrifice some life for his partner. Visto touches him to charge up his own healing, and providing FH11 right now.

R5T19: "He's down. He's bleeding," says Apophis matter of factly.

R5T16: Ozlech, what do you do? What do you have Ginny do?

Visto on deck, Rodriguez in the hole, Eric/ Lin delaying ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

Spoiler: Ozlech >>> Ginny
    Show
    Good work! Be a dear and keep an eye out for another would-be mugger for us while I take a look at our recent assailant?

Ozlech moves past his allies and over the downed man before inspecting him, tossing aside his weapons and pulling off any mask on his face.

Show
    Ginny first: Order her to move slightly passed the fallen foe and keep watch.

Ozlech: Move action to get to the fallen foe, Standard to disarm him (probably only get one weapon this round)
    Last edited by bcool999; 2020-12-20 at 02:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

R5T16:
    Spoiler: Ozzy >>> Ginny
    Show
    "Good work! Be a dear and keep an eye out for another would-be mugger for us while I take a look at our recent assailant?"
    Ozlech moves past his allies and over to where Ginny is (because limits of movement) even as Ginny leaves that spot to go over to the assailant.
    Show
    "He's dying. I can't stop the bleeding. I tried, but only because I know how much some of these other simps will react if we kills somebody and don't really mean it."

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T20.1:
    Visto, what do you do?

Rodriguez on deck, Apophis in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto speaks up to the rest of the party. "Are any other Friends in need of healing?"

29. - Top - End - #119

Rodriguez, what do you do?

Eric, do you come out of delay?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

He breathes a deep sigh, Can someone make sure that fool isn’t bleeding out? I don’t have the skills for it.You ok Apophis? he spends his turn moving back up the stairs toward his summon.
    Show
    Rodriguez ends his raging song.