New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: St. Caspieran's Mission [IC]

R6T20.1: Visto speaks up to the rest of the party. "Are any other Friends in need of healing?"

R6T20-19: Rodriguez breathes a deep sigh, after ending his song (FH11). "Can someone make sure that fool isn’t bleeding out? I don’t have the skills for it.You ok, Apophis?" He spends his turn moving back up the stairs toward his eidolon, who he passes by until he is standing directly over the fallen swordsman, his rapier and dagger loosed on the floor next to them. Apophis moves to the other side of the fallen to make way for (likely) Visto, but shows his master he has only a slight scratch now.

R6T16: Ozlech, what do you do? What do you have Ginny do?

Visto on deck, Rodriguez in the hole, everyone else delaying ...
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech and Ginny will make way for anyone who believes they can stabilize the poor sap upstairs before he bleeds out. Otherwise they just remain vigilant.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just movement to clear the way for someone with either the heal skill or magic to stabilize.

3. - Top - End - #123

Visto, what do you do?

Rodriguez?
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    21JAN2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Taldor, the First Empire (2017, Moreland, Frasier, et. al.).
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto goes up the stairs as best as he can, trying to reach the (presumably) dying foe, in order to tend his wounds and ensure he does not die, but does not use his magic to heal the man like he would his allies.

Spoiler
    Show
    If it is possible, Visto will move up the stairs towards the fallen foe.

He will attempt to stabilize the foe using the Heal skill. If he cannot reach the foe, he will double move to attempt to reach him, and if he cannot reach the foe because someone else is in the way, he will ready his action to move as soon as said ally is out of the way.

Heal check to stabilize (1d20+10)[12]
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

5. - Top - End - #125

It's going to actually take a couple rounds, but it turns out the tough man in the dark and hooded clothes was able to stop bleeding themselves!

Combat ends...

What now?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez keeps his weapon drawn and looks down to the unconscious man. ”I don’t think this is our guy, maybe some hired goon. It can’t hurt to question him though. Shall we clear the place while we wait for him to wake up?” He begins moving up the north hallway, trying to check the opening, and make room for everyone.

7. - Top - End - #127

Rodriguez hears barking as he goes down the hallway, and when it opens up to the east, he sees a mangy, three-legged dog underneath door-sized windows barking at him. It doesn't attack, but does full threat display.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez is no stranger to seeing strays on the streets of Riddleport, so he has some experience dealing with them. He crouches down, keeping distance between him and the dog, and opens a hand for the dog to smell.”Don’t you worry boy, I’m not gonna hurt you.” he calls back to his comrades,”There’s a dog back here, I’ll try to keep it calm so it doesn’t get bitey.”
    Show
    Rodriguez will spend a round of rage and a minute on a song of urging to try to calm the dog.

9. - Top - End - #129

Someone comes walking around the corner to the north-and-west, muttering "Better shut that damn dog up."

Round One .....

R1T22:
    Apophis, sensing something different, comes up the hallway, but stops behind Rodriguez since he doesn't know if this man should be attacked or not.

R1T17: Rodriguez, unfortunately, you are only six seconds into your bardic performance, so unless you try to keep doing it regardless of external factors ..... What do you do?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

While continuing to soothe the dog, Rodriguez calls to the others,”Get up here, we got more.” he then reaches toward the man with his guisarme to pull him to the ground. He gives the man a nasty glare, as he stretches to his full height.”Don’t move pal.”
    Show
    he maintains the song of urging on the dog as a free action. He will use a standard action to attempt a trip combat maneuver. He will stay in his current space.

11. - Top - End - #131

R1T17: While continuing to soothe the dog, Knowing that the sudden combat and violence will completely upend his attempt, Rodriguez stops his performance and calls to the others,”Get up here, we got more.” He then reaches toward the man with his guisarme and pulls him to the ground. He gives the man a nasty glare, as he stretches to his full height.”Don’t move pal.”

R1T12: Ozlech, what do you do? What do you have Ginny do?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

R1T12: Seeing that Rod has things well in hand, Ozlech and Ginny delay ...

R1T10: "No, wait!" don't hurt me says the pathetic wretch on the ground.. "Down, Fetch, down. Calm."

R1T8: Visto, what do you do?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto delays, especially after hearing the man speaking.

14. - Top - End - #134

R1T8-5: Visto delays, especially after hearing the man speaking. Muninn also delays ...

R1T4.5: The dog continues to bark, but doesn't attack.

R1T4: Eric, what do you do?

Apophis on deck, Rodriguez in the hole, Lin/ Ozlech/ Ginny/ Crysti/ Visto delaying ...
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric moves forward, trying to see something in that cramped up battlefield.

Show
    Probably to the square where there is the downed scoundrel from earlier ? What do I see at that point ?
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

16. - Top - End - #136

R1T4: Eric moves forward, trying to see something in that cramped up battlefield ... (see Discord). Eric has a MA/SA remaining.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Eric keeps advancing, passing his allies to get to the slightly wider part of the corridor, making sure to give a spot for his allies to step forward as well.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

18. - Top - End - #138

R1T4: Eric keeps advancing, passing his allies to get to the slightly wider part of the corridor, making sure to give a spot for his allies to step forward as well, though there is a barking dog he has to pass.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T22:
    Apophis delays ....

R2T17: Rodriguez, what do you do?

Guy on deck is on deck, Muninn in the hole, Apophis/ Lin/ Ozzie+Ginny/ Visto delaying ...
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

"Hey Ginny let's move up a bit. Standing on these stairs is awkward." Ozlech says as he moves upwards himself and looks for a free spot to stand.

Show
    Ozlech Moves forward. Looking for a free spot to stand off the stairs. Orders Ginny to look for a spot with him.

20. - Top - End - #140

R2T20: "Hey Ginny let's move up a bit. Standing on these stairs is awkward." Ozlech says as he moves upwards himself and looks for a free spot to stand. Ginny is cawing, as she gave him a spot to go behind Apophis.

R2T17: Rodriguez, what do you do?

Guy on deck is on deck, Muninn in the hole, Apophis/ Lin/ Visto delaying ...
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez keeps his weapon trained on the man.”Pardon my rude introduction, but before I let you up, I need to ask you some questions. Do you know a man by the name of Beltias Kreun? We need to see him urgently. There was a hooded man attached us further down the hall, are you with him? I suggest that you answer honestly. They aren’t nearly as patient as I am. he gestures to Apophis and the rest of the party behind him.

22. - Top - End - #142

The dog barking is only adding to the chaos, forcing Rodriguez to shout to be heard.

"Jes' lemme shut that dog up afore we talk!"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez will extend a hand to help the man up. He calls back, “”Hey Eric, would you mind stepping up here with me? There’s space for you. Barely.”

24. - Top - End - #144

Eric must have been sneaker than expected, because Eric had already moved up into that area.

The young man takes about a minute, but manages to quiet the dog down, finally.

"Yeah, I heard-a him. They call him the Pauper-King of Splithog Alley, but I wouldn't know him to look at him."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Rodriguez tilts his head to one side since the name doesn’t ring any bells. “We’re dealing with royalty huh? Well, we have something to discuss with him. We know he’s here in St. Caspieran’s, you know where? He looks back to his party members to see if they have heard of the moniker.
    Last edited by AggressiveBread; 2021-01-23 at 01:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

"I ain't part-a' no royal court, man," he says as he calms down the dog. "Prolly' seen him and wouldn't know it."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Visto pipes up from the back, having listened mostly. "Would there be One who would know of this man's whereabouts? How would Visto and Friends find One who could help?"

28. - Top - End - #148

"I'd check with all the folks downstairs. Most are prolly' clueless, but there's gotta be at least one knows what's what."
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Ozlech

"'All the folks downstairs?'" Ozlech asks incredulously before saying, "Mate that's a tall order if I have ever heard one. We could be at it all day and not find the right bloke. You live here right? There must be someone you know not to mess with or a crowd you know to avoid. All we need is a name or a description and we will be out of your hair. We don't ever need to know your name and I'm good at forgetting faces. What do ya say?"

30. - Top - End - #150

"I'm saying what I said."
    Show