New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    "I hope it won't be too peaceful" Sirthis smiled with an eager nod "Old woman"

Spoiler: Kfowoap!
    Show
    Ooc
    Malyanna smirked and guided Sirthis back to her room/study.

After a final painful tug, Eris felt Gloriana let go of her. There was a pool of her blood on her bed, but her back muscles hurt a lot. When she reached back to massage them, her hand was blocked by a long, red, bat-like wing. She had a pair of them, sprouting from her back.
    "Eris..." Leff said, then decided to attend to the fact that wings had ripped out of Eris's spine and started flowing with white fire to heal her wife.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (20d6+50)[120] ALL for Eris

Then Eris got a Sending.
    Spoiler: Polly Bonechewer
    Show
    Great news! I convinced Nina to station me in Baldur's Gate as long as I get someone else to man the front. See you soon!

Spoiler: OOC again
    Show
    New thread, new break. We'll pick this up in a week.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    I'm assuming Sirthis gets a fade to black here. Also for next week, in case Tongues finished Eris will recast it on Leff so that she doesn't have to translate. At the end of the ordeal, not during.

Eris said nothing at all until she was healed, sounds limited to pained groans because an ancient dragon clawing at you hurt less then that.
    "That... Wasn't relaxing" she finally croaked out, pushing herself up, and then finally looked back to examine her wings.
    "...whoa" she poked one "How do I even use them? Should I try jumping off a cliff and catching the wind like birds do?" Eris asked with a genuine tone "Why didn't I ask Lenora how she uses them beforehand. Are these retractile like hers?"

Spoiler: To Polly
    Show
    Aaargh... I mean great! See you soon. Sorry, I was getting my wings ripped out of me. It was as painful as it looks.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-22 at 09:36 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

"I apologize for the discomfort," Tanaquill said. "I believe instinct should take over once you begin flying."
    Leff started running her fingers along Eris's back, examining her muscles. "Okay, everything looks fine," she said. "You have new bones."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Eris smiled over her shoulder at Leff.

You run your fingers on your wife's back after she sprouted wings and tell her she looks only fine?

She Sent with a mocking mental tone. Then she turned back forward.
    "Oh! So I can get on Aklah, fly a hundred feet up and drop. Repeat until they work" she decided as if there was no flaw in her plan. There again, she did jump down a wyvern then catched her and subsequently got trampled. She could survive a hundred feets' fall- long enough for Leff to intervene anyway.
    "I think that's it then. Unfortunately we don't have tea to offer" or creepy fairies that serve it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Leff blushed, her hands starting to shake. "Eris, you're the most beautiful woman in the world," she added.

"I have to get back to Mahri," the Sylph said with a smile. "Malyanna informs me Sirthis is visiting, and I'd best not leave him... unsupervised." She offered a hand to Eris.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Eris didn't reply to Leff, yet, but her tail coiled around the genasi's waist affectionately and her next words stuttered a bit- she hadn't actually expected her wife to say that.
    "P-probably a good idea. If only so that he doesn't break anything" she shook her hand.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"Only the right things," Gloriana clarified. She looked to Mávro, who was staring at the Raven Queen wordlessly. Gloriana held out a hand to Mávro, and delicately stroked her face. "You've been doing wonderfully, Mávro." And she vanished in a smattering of black feathers that thankfully cleaned themselves up by dissolving.
    Mávro fainted, and there was tiefling blood all over Eris's bed.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-10-27 at 12:02 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Eris wasn't sure what were the 'right things' Sirthis was supposed to break, but she didn't particularly care. She glanced at Mávro to make sure she had fainted because of her idol and not something strange before looking at Leff.
    "One of the most beautiful women in the world" she told her "I've married the other" then rested her hand on Leff's face briefly, staring into her eyes before giving Leff a kiss. The blood she had to clean could wait a second.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro seemed fine.
    Leff wrapped one arm around Eris while the other stroked her new wing, tickling Eris by accident. But soon she pulled back. "As enticing as you are," she looked down at the blood.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-10-27 at 12:25 AM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Eris giggled "The wings' sensible" she explained, then followed her gaze down.
    "I should probably clean it up. Then we can test the wings with Aklah! You don't mind coming do you?" Eris told her, then started using Prestidigitation to clean up... Well, everything the blood had gotten on, mainly the bed.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Leff tickled Eris’s wings briefly, but relented soon.
    “Ishat. Could you stay here and watch Mávro?”
    Leff asked. The fire mephit sat on the elf’s bed dutifully, and Leff looped her arm around Eris’s, ready to go.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Eris giggled and slapped Leff's hand with her tail playfully away while she was cleaning, then when Leff took her arm Eris led them out to go to the stables and to Aklah.
    "Think I'll need a veterinary for bat-like wings? Or can you handle them?" she asked seriously while trying to keep her new wings tucked in to avoid hitting walls. Good thing there weren't many customers in that place, though she was kind of curious of the looks she'd be given by the staff.

Show
    I wasn't sure wether the veterinary's a thing in Faerun or if the 'animal doctor' has another name. I can just say that's the Infernal name :p

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The onlookers stared at her. "Didn't she..." one man said, who she supposed had seen her before.
    "I could learn, I bet," Leff suggested, then tapped her earring. I promise to familiarize myself with your body.
    Aklah tackled Eris as soon as she saw her, sniffing her wings in interest, spreading out her own as if to say: twins!
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

You've been doing a splendid job so far.

Eris didn't have time to add anything else and laughed getting tackled by Aklah and tried to spread her wings awkwardly mirroring the wyvern.
    "I'll count on you to teach me how to fly these" Eris told her, hugging Aklah's neck which was pretty much the only part she could still hug of the wyvern's grown body.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah's throat rustled, and she started licking Eris until the wrestling match was done. The wyvern then hopped excitedly, lifting her wings and watching Eris, waiting to fly with her mother.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Eris stood up and now she was looking slightly panicky. Her plan of fly-on-Aklah-then-drop-and-hope-for-the-best had suddenly changed to Aklah-is-asking-me-to-fly-and-I-have-no-idea, and this was way less thought out.
    ºAlright, alright. She said istinct. I've seen how Lenora, Aklah, dragons, bats and demons flyº tecnically Ishat too, but she wasn't sure their anatomy was the same- meaning she doubted that ºI just have to... Uh... Beat my wings, I guess. Istinct. Just... istinctº so she tried that. She tried flexing them experimentally, these being nerves and muscles she never used until now, and closed her eyes thinking about the beating of wings. She stretched her wings the full lenght before trying to flap them with all her might.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you think she gets it on the first try, she can. She has the fly speed, there is nothing mechanically keeping her from flying.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

The first attempt didn't go so well- she literally pushed herself prone by beating her wings in front of herself rather then beating them towards the ground.

"Don't say a word" she admonished Leff and Aklah (although the latter couldn't understand her) and stood up, stretching her wings again and then she beated them again trying to push towards the ground- and lifted off! Eris was about to exclaim excitedly, then she lost her balance flying backwards until she ended belly up and beated her wings again falling and hitting the ground with an irritated grunt.

"I think I got it this time" Eris declared and stood up, and started flapping her wings lifting herself off- it took a bit of concentration, but she managed to stay balanced beating her wings a bit too fast while she got the hang of it.
    "Do you mind if I carry you next time around Leff?" her voice sounded strained as she tried to not get too excited and lose control again- which holding her wife in her arms usually made her do "I don't trust myself with both of us. Yet. But I'm flying!"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Leff climbed onto Aklah's saddle, thinking she probably shouldn't sleep in it going forward, and smiled up to Eris as Aklah flew to meet her mother – though she was much faster as she nuzzled the tiefling at high speed.
    "You are flying!" Leff said. She briefly frowned, though. "Can you still wear your armor?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

"Can't I just punch a h- oooh magical armor. Can't I cut a hole through it with Black Ice? Well, two" Eris replied and started beating her wings rapidly -almost desperately- to keep up with Aklah "I'm a beginner in this!" she lamented.
    "Otherwise we can find a smith. That can handle magical armors"

Show
    Given barbarian's speed boost Eris can Dash and keep up with Aklah's basic movement!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah literally flew circles around Eris before she rustled her throat mischievously. Aklah looked down, gauging the distance, and started flying at Eris, in her wrestler's pose.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

"Wha- as if being airborne will help you win!" Eris exclaimed when she recognized the pose and flew towards Aklah as imposing as somebody weighing 171+wings pounds compared to a wyvern weighing at least four times that.
    Show
    ATHLETICS! IN RAGE!

(1D20+9)[25]
    (1D20+9)[10]

Aklah has +7 because she's small and cute still.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah and Eris wrestled and began plummeting toward the ground.
    Leff groaned. "Can't one of you learn self-preservation?"
    The air under them heated up and the fall slowed to a safer 10 feet per second.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"And why would we?" Eris exclaimed with a pout as Leff shut down half of the fun there is in wrestling your daughter while falling towards the ground "We got such a resp- ah!" she groaned fighting Aklah back "I meant 'responsible woman supervising us'. And pffft, we already survived a giant fall, haven't we!?" nevermind that Eris broke her legs.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah took advantage of Eris's distraction to get her underneath, and when they hit the ground, Aklah was laying down on top of Eris. She rustled her throat in victory as she pinned her mother under her scales.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

"Wh- that's not fair!" Eris protested after hitting the ground with a grunt, trying to get free from Aklah "Your mother distracted me! Oh, she's paying for that later" the tiefling gave Leff the look.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Leff swallowed, looking down at Eris.

Aklah gave Eris four licks before she rolled off, rustling at Eris playfully.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

"Uff... She's gotten far too big" Eris said and stood up, patting Aklah's head with a smile "I'd say the fly test went swimmingly. Though I'm not as fast as Aklah is, this will be useful... And I feel pretty cool. Saw how people stared?" she stretched.
    "Speaking of people staring, we can finally think about our home. We've done everything we currently had to do" she made a pause, stroking Aklah's neck, then added "I have no idea what this had to do with people staring but nevermind that"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

"Right. So we should find a piece of land we want to buy and look for builders?" Leff asked. Aklah hummed and slammed her tail into the dirt.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Weren't you going to build it?" Eris asked with the look she gave Leff every time she thought the genasi had every answer to their needs, wether true or not. She kept petting Aklah.
    "And the plot of land should have game Aklah could hunt. She'd have more fun and it'll cost less. You think we could talk to Zhorn about this? At the very least if he doesn't take care of people wanting to buy land he could point us to who does... Maybe we could even look for abandoned plots that for whatever reason are free for the taking" her eyes shone "I dunno, maybe a dragon took hold and whoever comes around can claim it!" nevermind that any such place near Baldur's Gate would have probably been cleared out by now.