New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

"Bu... Eris, I've only ever made temporary structures! I'm sure I can help with the construction, but I'm not an architect! Any building I make would fall down in not too long!"
    Aklah looked up when she heard "hunt," slamming her tail into the ground excitedly.
    "If we can clear out part of that ankheg forest, we could probably claim that," Leff suggested.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"Why would buildings fall down if you build them? Don't you just need to make sure they touch the ground and nobody breaks them?" Eris asked innocently "On and yes then, we should go clear up the ankhegs. I'm sure buying meat to bait them will be less expensive then buying a piece of land. Though... Think we could ask Vhisola for help?" she mused "He seemed to be able to control them. Mind flayers eat brains, correct? Do you know if they need strictly humanoid's brains? We could make a deal of some sort that doesn't involve us feeding people to a mindflayer in exchange for him helping us keeping ankhegs away. Being an arcanist it could be even profitable as a long term kind of business"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

"B-because... architecture... stuff. Structural integrity. Stacking walls upon walls without knowing how knocks them over," Leff stammered. "As for Vhisola... who knows what it's been eating. We should talk to it soon anyway, right?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes. Alright, here's the plan. We first go consult Zhorn since he's the most autoritative figure we know in Baldur's Gate- and we inform ourselves on what the steps should be, were to find builders and architects, etcetera. We make sure there is no diplomatic problem if we go clean up a piece of ankheg's land, and somewhere along the line we contact Vhisola, probably after we talked to Delilah. Sounds good?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah shrieked into the sky impatiently.
    "Sounds good to me. I think Aklah wants to hunt, though." Leff closed her eyes for a moment. "Mávro is awake. Her and I could speak with Zorne?"
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright. I'll bring our little devourer here to find something to kill and snack on" Eris nodded and grabbed Leff by her clothes, pulling towards herself to kiss her wife.
    "Just so you got something to think about while you teleport back"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"I... I'm gonna walk," Leff said, blushing bright red. "But... to be continued?" she gave Eris a quick but passionate kiss and summoned her raven to go and meet with Mávro.
    Aklah whined impatiently, beating the ground with her wings.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sup. Roll me a d100 and also kfowoap.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Eris waved smiling half-sweetly and half-excited, then went to stand besides Aklah stretching her wings.
    "Ready?" she asked before taking flight.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    D100! (1d100)[85]

And kfowoap.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah took to the skies and flew out toward the area she'd hunted down that elk or whatever it was – she began sniffing the air, and looked down at a... human? Elf? Hard to say, but there was some long golden hair going on, walking through what looked like the boundaries of a forest estate. Aklah looked at Eris questioningly, snapping her jaws.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"No" Eris shook her head admonishing Aklah "You don't eat people that aren't trying to harm us. You should keep looking" nonetheless she kept an eye on the figure to make sure nobody decided to shoot at them thinking they were giant fat birds.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah whined, and Eris saw the figure wave and point at a lake nearby before running there.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm?" Eris looked curious that way and decided to fly in that direction, leading Aklah with her to the lake to land.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Maiken waved her down, looking over her shoulder.
    She was wearing a strange leather collar around her neck, and looked somewhat panicked. "Hail, Eris. I knew you were the only one around with a wyvern!" A hopeful smile came to her face.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"Hail, Maiken. So..." Eris stared at her leather collar while landing "I didn't think you t-" she blinked looking at Maiken's general expression and coughed "I mean, you don't look alright"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"'Tis true, I carry mixed messages. We have successfully managed to enter the Rose's organization." She turned the collar around, revealing a glowing purple gem. "Sadly, we are not unnoticed."

Around the time that Sirthis was heading out of Malyanna's study, he heard Gloriana's voice saying something in Infernal to Lenora just outside.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

"...what do the collars do?" Eris asked immediately serious "Where is Stacia?"

Sirthis backpedaled and casted Tongues then Pass Without Trace to make his whole entourage silent, then went back and hid within hearing range to listen in curious as a monkey.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-28 at 01:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Maiken frowned, looking behind her again. "Talk to Timasus," she said. "Give him this." She passed a folded sheet of paper to Eris. "Now I'd better be back soon."

They discussed using newly acquired Immovable Rods for awhile, with Gloriana determining the best places to set them up.
    Show
    How long does Sirthis intend to listen?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"Last question" Eris said "Where do I find Timasus?"

Show
    Sirthis isn't going to stand architectural talks for long. 'So awfully boring' would he say. Like two minutes.

When it was clear they weren't talking about anything exciting Sirthis jumped out of the study.
    "Boo!" he yelled.

Show
    And then he got a flurry of feathers to the face.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-28 at 01:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"Chandelry," Maiken answered over her shoulder, and half-jogged back the way she'd come.

Show
    Sirthis takes 26 piercing damage, 23 necrotic damage, and 17 radiant damage.

Gloriana's head lifted and her wing flared out, sending a feather sailing into Sirthis's gut, where it exploded into golden and black fire. She then turned around and gasped. "Sirthis! I... I apologize!"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm afraid we don't have time to hunt Aklah, we'll feed you ourselves" Eris said as she got on the wyvern and spurred her back to Baldur's Gate with urgency since she could fly faster. She kept the piece of paper folded.

Stacia and Maiken need us, meet me at Chandelry. Fast.

Sirthis blinked at his stomach burning up.
    "Owwww" he said falling to a knee not expecting to be hurt that much while still not being anything he wasn't used to, and hurriedly healed up.
    Show
    Cure Wounds Level 5, 52 hp healed. 14 damage remaining so just eating 4 goodberries.

He stood up looking all fresh and smiling.
    "Pffft, don't apologize, Yeenoghu and Demogorgon hit harder with less sense of humor. Hello ladies- missed me?"
    Then he remembered to Mend his burned and ripped clothes.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah whined the whole way, but soon they touched down at the Chandlery,Candles. Leff was there waiting for them. "There's no one here," she said.

"I confess I did," Gloriana answered, with the panic leaving her speech. "How may I help you, Sirthis?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"You sure they aren't hidden inside? Mávro, make sure Aklah doesn't try to hunt anybody" Eris asked and went inside the shop looking for people.
    "Timasus? I need your help!" she called with urgency. If nobody replied she was going to head upstairs were she remembered the slew of kids were.

"I've already sealed a deal with Luxa for what I needed, I'll boost her cultivations and in exchange I get as much mistletoe as I need for my Grove. But I kinda miss a golden sickle to pick it, and Mab doesn't do gold generally. Soooo do you have one to lend?" Sirthis asked Gloriana "I could maybe, dunno, boost your crops too. Or maybe you need some stone ramparts to connect the suspended city to the sides of the hole to help the Rods? Yes, I was listening in" he smiled innocently clapping his hands "I've also got a more private chat to make if you've got the time to be tempted right now" he genuinely had questions to ask regarding the whole 'I'm the secret mother of the Feywild Queens'.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-28 at 03:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

A candle fell on Eris, and she spotted the kid with only one eye clinging to a wooden beam above her. "Don't shout my name, ya hear?"

"I think she has one you can use," Gloriana suggested.
    "And I'm afraid I haven't the time to be tempted, though I hope you won't deprive yourself on my behalf."

"We need stronger stone than that produced by your spell," Lenora explained to Sirthis briefly.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"Somehow I knew it'd be you" Eris looked up and stretched her wings, holding out the piece of paper "Maiken told me to give it to you" she explained briefly and flew up to hand the paper over "Haven't red it"

"Oh, I see" Sirthis looked dejected "She who? Lenora here or Luxa? Aaaand" he turned to look at Lenora "If we have stronger stone at the ready I could turn it into mud, we spread it then harden it again. Or we can shape hooks from the buildings and attach them to the walls were we can shape holes, then pour mud to harden" he proposed thinking of all the stuff his magic could do and knowing nothing of what architecture required to be stable "Or I could just shut up since it's not actually my business, I guess"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Timasus snatched the note. "Arright."

"Luxa. She supplied Borra with some, I believe, for his husband to create his grove, and they worked." Lenora thought it over. "No, thank you. I think we'll be alright. I don't want to use a method that could be just as easily used to destroy us all."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Eris stared impatiently.
    "What does it say? What should we do? They need our help and if you haven't got a better plan I'm razing the place they are in to the ground until I find them" she was dead serious saying that. To a kid.

"I see... I think I'm done with the business visit then, actually" Sirthis shrugged "That was all I had to do. Oh! Oh! She's Briar" he showed off the armored pegasus with pride. He briefly thought of presenting Chocolate to Lenora, but decided against presenting a dragon to someone that didn't fancy dragons.
    "I think I should leave you two to it, then. You both seem busy"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Timasus eyed her and rolled his eye. "I just git this lett'r ta Stacia." He didn't seem interested in Eris's help.

"Always a pleasure," Gloriana said to Sirthis as Lenora awkwardly waved at the pegasus.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"Then let's go" Eris insisted "Maiken got collared as if she's a slave, I'm seeing this through"

"Well, see ya then" Sirthis waved and then was about to turn and walk away.
    "Riiiight I didn't come here flying" he shrugged and held up a hand with Sune's symbol "Recall" and teleported himself, Briar, Chocolate and Alown back.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

"Don' mean to 'ffend, but you've go' bright red skin," Timasus said. "I'm gunna sneak in."

And Sirthis emerged to see a group of pixies tending to Mab's (Sune's?) garden of flowers, which seemed to sing as they were watered.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Eris body changed as her wings disappeared and her skin became a sickly pink (or whatever was the typical skin color for an old human not terribly clean). Her clothes turned into rags instead of traveling suit and her weapons disappeared. She was also a whole feet smaller, barely reaching Leff's nose even, and her muscles and scars weren't visible anymore, rather her arms were thinner. She looked herself over and remembered to kick her horns and tail away into the illusion again. Finally, she developed wrinkles and a hump on her back.
    "Better now?" she asked in her old woman disguise which was still flying and swaying because her wings were tecnically still there.
    "I can take other figures too. But this should discourage people from touching my back, since my wings, horns etcetera are still there. Can't get any smaller though. I just need to refresh it each hour"
    Show
    Disguise Self. Basically a beggar old woman.

"Home sweet home" Sirthis said, leading Briar back to the stables and taking her armor and saddle off before heading to the library.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-28 at 05:44 PM.