New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

Timasus sneered. "Arright. C'mere." He swung down and landed on his hands and knees on the floor, then sprung to the door like a cat before screaming. "Dragon!" He yelled, pointing at Aklah. Aklah looked behind her hungrily.

Sirthis opened the library to find Aldora and Hoket speaking in Draconic, laughing occasionally, then shushing themselves when they remembered they were in a library. Five opened books were spread out on the tables before them.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Eris landed and staggered forward like the little old woman with a hump she was, putting a hand on the kid's head in motherly fashion. Grandmotherly?
    "Now now, it's a wyvern, not a dragon" she corrected him with a croaky voice then looked up (well, down, but the illusion was looking up) at Leff "I'm sure this lovely young lady has it under control" she said searching under her illusory hood for the earring that wasn't there.

I'm heading with the kid sneakily to meet Stacia. You should probably head back with Aklah- you haven't got illusions to follow with. Aklah sure doesn't.

Sirthis waved and spoke in Draconic.
    "Hello- I'm back from my visit of Gloriana's. How's it going?" he asked, looking at the books interested to know if they were what he was looking for.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Leff frowned, but tapped her earring. Keep me updated, and let me know when you get in trouble so I can get you out.
    Timasus stepped around the wyvern, who was still looking around for the dragon, when Leff mounted up and the wyvern took off.
    "We're goin ta the upper city. Some a' the other orphinks are watchin' the Rose's."

Judging from the fact that he couldn't understand a word of it even though he could read both Sylvan and Draconic, they were probably all spellbooks.
    "Very well! I did find something for you." Hoket stood up and reached for an ancient Draconic Tome in the Draconic section, where they were. "The Patchwork Deity known as Karzhani has a workshop where he ah, fixes things. Rumors of his abilities include surgically removing curses, the creation of warforged, and recently, a mastery over magical items. He's been learning, I'd assume. I believe that he could either surgically alter your biology to allow for additional attunements, or simply combine some of your items together so they do not occupy too many slots. He can be unpredictable, though. Those who enter his territory might be killed on sight by his patchwork constructs, or be invited in and be fed lavishly."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    In fact... let's roll right now. (1d100)[55]
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

When, not if? And of course.

Eris nodded walking with the kid.
    "Are all of you helping Stacia? Like a secret children squad?" she whispered.

"Eh, getting killed hasn't ever stopped me has it?" Sirthis said looking the book over "Where would I find this god? And when you say 'surgically alter my biology' does the book say anything about what happens to my face and body? I kinda work with those and turning out all ugly and shriveled wouldn't be worth it"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

"She's helpin' us. Th' Rose killed our..." Timasus sniffed, then resumed his gruff exterior. "Killed our parents."

"He has an island on the Astral Sea," Hoket answered, finding a drawing of the outside of the island, which was shimmering with a prismatic glow as the rocks shifted in the sea of silver. "As to your other question, I do not know."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"And suddenly I wanna smash'em up even harder" Eris grumbled under her breath "Well, Stacia will get them, you can be sure of it"

"I see, thank you. I'll have to visit him in the future, can't afford a trip to the Astral Sea right now" also he didn't know how to get there in the first place "Well... Alright, that was all I needed. Thank you again, I'll leave you two to... Uh... All that wizard stuff I don't comprehend" he gestured vaguely at the spellbooks, realizing he had no idea how to fill the day now and took briefly a look at the Feywild's map.

Hey hey, are you anywhere I can come bother you? I'm back.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    What 'time' is it currently in the Feywild? And for future reference, how long does it take to go visit from the Fortress the following places:

- Darroch Castle
    - Lake of Dreams
    - the nymphs of Cendriane
    - that labyrinth with the tree with eyes
    - Titania's city
    - Murden...kraw? Baba Yaga's forest.

Don't recall any other particular point of interest Sirthis might visit during this year. Oh I mean on Briar, so a 90 feet flying speed.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

The kid vanished as they entered the Upper City, where the streets were polished stone and the homes were extravagant manors. The smell of rich food filled Eris's nostrils, and she got quite a few odd glances as she strode through the upper crust of Baldur's Gate.

Show
    Only one way to find out!

Hoket gave Sirthis a side-hug and returned to talking magic with Aldora. Then Sirthis got a response.
    I wouldn't mind a dance before I get too big for that.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Eris looked around, wings tucked and tail coiled around her own leg staggering awkwardly and worried.
    şDid that kid ditch me or what?ş she wondered.
    Show
    Eris will try to look for a spot she can be alone in to Scry.

Sirthis smiled.

You got yourself a partner. Should I slip the skates on or did you desire for a dance that doesn't involve those?

He asked to make sure heading to the chitines to fetch his dancing suit and his skates. He wasn't entirely sure he had that outfit in their room.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

After a few moments, a pebble hit Eris's wing from above, and she looked up to the... parapets? Of a greater manor, where a filthy orphan boy was motioning her up impatiently.

I... I did mean an ice dance, Mab sent. No, I still do. And then we can have dinner.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

şHow the hell did he got up without anybody seeing that!?ş Eris marveled and looked around for a way up that didn't involve an old woman lifting herself into the air in front of everybody. The kid didn't have wings after all.

The one time I wasn't implying anything.

Sirthis giggled and went to put on his dance suit and take the skates, then headed to join Mab on the Arena.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Eris, walking around the house, noted that there was a path for a skilled climber to make it up to the window and then up to the roof through a very interesting metal device that looked like it guided rain into the gardens below.

I don't believe you.
    Mab was there when Sirthis arrived, her eyes excited in her tight black ice dancing dress. Her bare green feet glided over the ice flawlessly as she approached him.

Show
    Let's give her pregnancy disadvantage for ice dancing, that seems fair. (1d20+27)[45]/(1d20+27)[39]
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Eris is a skilled climber. Even in her old woman's form.

Show
    ...I'm not sure rage should apply to athletics in this case?

(1d20+9)[18] athletics to climb, if rage counts then advantage (1d20+9)[12]

Sirthis smiled, skating towards Mab in his own red and black suit.
    "Easily the most beautiful woman in the Feywild" he said looking her over.

Show
    Go Sirthis!

(1d20+10)[15] Lucky (1d20+10)[12]

I should get that Dexterity higher up.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Without causing any shingles to fall, Eris joined the kid over on the roof, and he pointed at the window with a finger to his lips, then withdrew a set of improvised thieves' tools. He slid a long thin piece of metal into the windowframe and pried it open before slipping in, utterly silence.

Show
    Could I get a Stealth check?

Mab essentially lifted Sirthis through the spins and twirls of the dance, sticking with a more simple dance due to her expectancy, but was still majestic in her movements, quick in her twirls, and eager to press her body against Sirthis's when the dance called for it.
    It was all a blur, and then Sirthis was carrying Mab bridal style while Lorraine whooped and clapped. Jade passed her a few gold coins. "You were right. He sucked. Must be real good at–"
    "Jade!" Lorraine chided.
    "I'm Lady Moonfire Two! This is work-related maybe!"
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Eris was wondering just how good these kids were. She wasn't that good at his age.
    There again, she could kill a person at his age, so maybe it was a matter of specialization. Hopefully he hadn't grown like that.

Show
    Stealth, don't fail me now.

(1d20+7)[14]

Sirthis, breathing heavily, had to admit to himself that he wasn't sure of half of the stuff that went on.
    "You're so gorgeous dancing" he told Mab keeping her in his arms even if the dance was over and gave her a kiss "No being in existence compares to your grace, speed and figure"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Eris's feet landed with a light thunk in an office space, with a fine mahogany desk and beautifully carved shelves.
    "What was that?" a gruff voice asked from outside the office doors. Timasus looked at Eris, and then vanished into the darkness under the desk.

Mab wrapped her arms around Sirthis's neck and put a few extra kisses on him. "If you love them that much," she said aloud, "How about we take dinner in the bath tonight?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Eris blinked and vanished.

Show
    Invisibility. She'll also try to stay out of the way of anybody that enters since she isn't incorporeal too.

Sirthis smiled and stood.
    "Can't wait to bite down on... The meal" he said and headed for their room- he didn't need to remove his skates since he could just fly.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Okay, Invisibility is an action to cast and has verbal components, so let's try... an Initiative roll to see if you're fast enough. (1d20)[15]

"Real good!" Jade cackled after them.

Show
    Cut to black!
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Well... (1d20+3)[8] adv. (1d20+3)[13]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

The door opened and Eris came face to face with two men in gleaming white plate mail, with red fabric belts. "Intruder!" One yelled.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Eris thought about what her chances were, then decided that killing those two would just attract more attention. She had to at least keep people from finding the kid, and looked away. She gave a little eerie laugh.
    "You have sinned! And for this the Hells await you!" she called as her features changed into those of the Not!Eris she had killed a long time ago, flaming wings and what-not. A bit changed because she didn't want to be recognized afterwards.

Show
    Let's pretend to be messengers from the Nine Hells and not a burglar! Disguise Self.

Intimidation to make them run away (1d20+6)[22]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

The men both trembled, and one slammed the door shut. "Backup!" one shouted. "We need backup!"
    Footsteps from the floor above them sounded in Eris's ears.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Eris looked towards Timasus.
    "Next time, more information ahead of time. This shouldn't make them suspicious of you- I can make us invisible, which way?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Timasus wasn't there.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-10-28 at 11:10 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

"...arguably my fault" Eris said and turned invisible before flying back through the window. She closed it and away to the Inn! Keeping to the air just in case there is a random person that has See Invisibility or the like, you never know.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Leff was waiting for her, and gasped seeing her. "We destroyed you!" And she reached for her component pouch.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-10-28 at 11:18 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Eris was all happy to see Leff, then realized what she looked like.
    "Crap the illusion! It's me Eris don't arash kotra me!" she exclaimed holding up her hands in peace horribly butchering the words Leff spoke when she casted her Fireball "I got caught sneaking and took this shape to scare people and fly away! I can prove it!" she took the form of the fake genasi she showed Leff at Delilah's house "See? This is Boss' blessing! The devil wouldn't be able to do this would it?" she had no idea on that.
    To further prove her point she moved some sheets on a bed with her tail that wasn't there due to the illusion.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Leff breathed a sigh of relief through her nose. "Kadör Ahash," she reminded Eris, leaving her pouch. "It turns out Mávro can flavor food as well, so Aklah's all fed. Mávro's putting her to sleep." Ishat poked their head up from the book Aldora had lent to Leff.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Eris breathed in relief too at not getting blasted by her wife, sitting down on the bed.
    "I'm so not used to sneaking around anymore" she lamented "In my defense, I didn't think I'd have to break in. Let's... Wait a few minutes then Send and see if everything's alright" she decided and leaned on Leff.
    "Sorry for all this. I... I admit I was a bit panicky seeing Maiken collared and thinking that Stacia could have been in trouble too. How did it go with Zhorn?"

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

"He said the Ankheg land was technically unclaimed, but a circle of forest druids inside might get upset if we clear forest land to set up our school. He says we should probably talk to them first." Leff wrapped an arm around Eris. "How about I just Send to Stacia?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll talk with the druids then. Though I found a forest estate that seems to belong to those evil people Stacia's investigating, wonder if we could, you know... Get it" Eris said thinking it over "Anyway, yes please, Send to her"