New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

Leff pulled out a purple flame and spoke into it:

“From Eris Lelahinn: were you captured? Are you safe? Can we meet? Please respond in twenty-five words. Good luck.”

Leff held the flame up to her ear for a solid minute before shaking her head.
    “Nothing.”
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe she's sleeping? Or she's collared too and the collar is magical and stops outside interference! But that doesn't mean she's in danger! Or she was too busy to reply!" Eris proposed, but didn't look convinced. She bit her lip with an hard frown and looked dejected.
    "Tell me again why we know there is a crime lord near our doorstep and we can't deal with that the old fashioned way? Which is... You know... Kill the bad ones. I just... Are we powerless?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, if he hasn't been caught, the city would see us as murderers," Leff pointed out. "But any of those could be the case, you're right. There's no need to assume the worst."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

"As if I've never been called a... No" Eris shook her head and took a deep breath "I'm overreacting. I'm currently out of magic- warlock, anyway. We should... Rest... Then try again" she decided "And if it doesn't work again... I don't know"

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Lana nodded, and kissed Eris on the cheek. "Alright," she said. "If that's what you want to do."
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

"Well... What I want is to do something that would make Baldur's Gate see us as murderers which is bad on multiple levels" Eris confessed and hugged her knees, coiling the tail around herself and closing her wings around the two women.
    "You mind sending Hätôk with Mávro to check the place out? A... Whatever is called the pack of ravens shouldn't attract too much attention, and they could see at least if Stacia or the kid are being led somewhere or... I don't know. Something"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

"A conspiracy," Leff said. "A conspiracy of ravens. Or a murder of crows." Hatök appeared over her shoulder just as Mávro arrived silently.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

"Mávro, I need you, Morrigan and... Scáthach, to check out a place with Leff's familiar" Eris told her, opening a wing to look at the elf "Check everything that is happening and if you can also look out for Stacia and the kid without an eye. But prioritize not alarming anybody" she then gave to the conspiracy of ravens directions to the manor she ran out of.
    "I trust you'll know when it's enough scouting. You got Comprehend Languages on?" she looked at Leff "Hatök understands Common right?"

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

"Cailleach," Mávro said, summoning her own familiar.
    "No," Leff said. "But Mávro has a mind and..." Mávro was already casting Comprehend Languages. "That. Yes."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

"Just wanted to know how many could listen in" Eris explained, waiting fidgety.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Eris wishing she was a druid right now. Or had had Expertise in Stealth. Or more Dexterity.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-29 at 10:55 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Leff put a hand on Eris's cheek. "Everything will be okay. Even if she's... even if the worst has happened, we can fix it."

Mávro stood, complete with her spell. "Where are we going?"
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

"A manor in the upper city, not far from the entrance" Eris gave her the directions.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro nodded wordlessly and merged with Morrigan. The three ravens – or one Sentinel Raven, a Celestial in the shape of a Raven, and a Fey in the shape of a raven, flapped out the window in a conspiracy of ravens.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

"I'd make some amused comment about a group of ravens being called a conspiracy, normally" Eris said, staring at the window they flew out of, waiting for something to happen.

Show
    Short rest, if anxiously waiting for news can be considered a short rest.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Leff wrapped Eris up in her arms and snuggled her wife caringly while they waited. In an hour and a half, Morrigan and the other ravens returned, and Morrigan dropped half of a letter on Eris's lap.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

"If it's the same paper Stacia could have received it and then ripped it apart to not be caught!" Eris said suddenly hopeful "Thanks, you all" she looked at the paper, though she assumed that it wouldn't be complete. Being ripped in half and all.
    "What did you see or hear?" she addressed Morrigan/Mávro.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Letter
    Show
    Tear at the top, the legible part begins:
    but of course you're well aware of that.
    What has troubled me most about moving in with my uncle is my inability to meet with my sweetheart. We've been apart for so long, and I miss her smile so.
    Oh, if only she could become invisible and wait for me to be alone.
    But you understand that, I'm sure. Your husband, after all, is a sea captain. You have been waiting quite some time to meet with him again. When is his ship coming into port again? Tomorrow at sunrise? Yes, I remember now. The
    Sloshed Bargest, wasn't it?
    Oh, how you'll have to restrain yourself when you see him in front of his men. It will be a difficulty, I'm sure, to wait until you can truly be alone with him. After all, he sleeps with the other sailors. It's not as if you can go see him in the Captain's Quarters. Why, the only spot on the ship where you might have some time alone would be below-decks where they keep the ledgers.
    I look forward to seeing you and your husband again, dear cousin. Until next time!
    Nagaina Forktongue

Mávro regrew, her ravens on her shoulders. "Stacia was working on complicated letters, and gave me that one. I do not understand it."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

"Uuuf... It's been such a long time since I saw one of these" Eris started studying the letter.

"The uncle should be what's his name, the bad boss. She misses her sweetheart's smile, which would be me because I was called Smile back in the day. I should become invisible and find her alone which is something I can actually do. Tomorrow at sunrise at the Sloshed Bargest which should be a ship- and to go below desk in the specific room to meet her. Nagaina's Forktongue is her because she was called Snake. And I think she told me to not stab anybody?" Eris translated "It should be this. I can make up to other three creatures invisible, so I think I should head in with Hatök and Mávro -well, Morrigan- since they can just stay invisible on my shoulders and that way Leff can listen in too"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-29 at 12:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"Ishat," Leff said. "Hatök I can listen in if I'm close to you, but I can share Ishat's senses as long as we're on the same plane of existence."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, Ishat and Morrigan it is then" Eris breathed in relief "Seems like Stacia's not in any immediate trouble. But if we are to go there befoe sunrise I should try and get some early rest, and you all too" she told the others and was now smiling, although not too relaxedly.
    "We've got this. Mávro, you mind waking me up when it's time to go since you are tecnically costantly awake? We should try to get there a bit earlier then required. Just in case."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro nodded wordlessly, and sat up on her bed to stare at Eris like she did every night. Leff looked at Eris's armor, unused for a time. "Should I see if I can find someone to make... wing-holes for you?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, right. Yes, if you can. Do you need to take measurements?" Eris asked her, spreading her MAJESTIC wings to let Leff look blushing a bit.
    "I feel very, very cool with these on"

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Leff smiled and ran her hands along Eris's wings where they emerged from her back and shoulderblades. "Thank you," she said, and gave Eris a kiss on the cheek. She picked up the armor. "Give me a kiss before you leave in the morning?" she requested and then closed the door.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Eris squirmed a bit getting her wings felt. She smiled at the end.
    "Will do, Shamash" she kissed Leff before lying down on the bed and settling to get some early sleep in.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

And with the comforting, unwavering stare of Mávro, Eris found sleep.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Kfowoap for today.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Eris awoke once in the night, when Leff pulled her arm up to slide in and sleep holding her wife.
    About six hours after that, Mávro woke Eris again with a gentle prod.
    "It is time," she said, though the sky was as dark as midnight.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nodded and mouthed a 'Thank you', sliding out of Leff's grasp to go away. But before that she leaned in and left a kiss on Leff's lips. Then she scooped up Ishat.
    "Ready? Don't leave my shoulder and be silent" she warned them, before stepping through the window and using the favor of darkness to head to the port.

Show
    Eris will land on a roof or something like that to hide in and wait for the ship. Invisibility when people start coming in.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Leff's arm gripped at nothing and she started tossing and turning in her sleep, but Eris's kiss calmed her down and she settled in.

Morrigan, Mávro in tow, got onto Eris's left shoulder while Ishat claimed the right.
    The sun began to rise in about five minutes, and Eris spotted some ships coming in to dock.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Invising up now?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nodded and turned the three of them invisible.

Show
    She didn't actually nod, but is still turning invisible.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

The boats came into the docks, and from her perch, Eris saw Stacia walking the streets with a briefcase filled with papers, with one of those men in gleaming white plate with red belts walking behind her. She was dressed up like a clerk, and was wearing a high-collared doublet that would be able to conceal a leather collar.
    Show