New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

"Yeah, I think ****ing not" Eris stated and turned to Mávro, Leff and Petra quite pissed "They want to kill those dragons for the god they don't know it's dead. We are stopping them- but no killing. Even if what they are doing is evil. I'll try talking to them, but be ready to intervene- Leff, can you empower my voice or does Thaumaturgy only work on a personal scale? I... Lost my ability to cast it"

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Titan in the Playground

"Only myself," Leff answered. "But let me try..." Eris's eyes burned white as fire ran into her skin, and her lungs felt stronger.
    Spoiler: Bear's Endurance
    Show
    Gain (2d6)[10] temp hp and advantage on CON checks.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

"Know that I'm storing comments about your fire for when we aren't in a serious situation" Eris cracked her knuckles and flew up towards the cage, staying afloat near it before starting to address the crowd. She wanted to talk to them before being forced to stop the priests by hand.

"People of the island!" she called aloud "Please, stop this! These dragons- you could be trying to sacrifice two innocent ones! They could have been kidnapped from the place where those of their kind are good! You seem them like this because they'be been subject to torture and horrors!" she pleaded "I know this because we were saved by one similar to that one!" Eris pointed at the dragon of the same race of Tulgither "And we've met more then one who helped defend the humans and other races! Please, stop this and let us take care of them! We'll bring them somewhere where they won't be able to disturb you!"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Persuasion? (1d20+8)[16]

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Leff nodded and looked up at the priests.
    "The devil-ling speaks poison," the front priest called down. "Zarus has requested these dragons, and he shall get them in consuming fire!"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Devil-ling was actually a first. Still offensive.
    "Can you prove that!?" Eris barked back, flying closer "Where is Zarus now? When did he ask? How did he do that? These dragons can't even burn!" she looked back at the people "Have you seen Zarus ask for the dragons? Is there any proof that your god asked for anything?" she looked back at the priests "Are you willing to reply to that while compelled to speak the Truth?"

Show
    I wonder if I'll get to use Zone of Truth.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, they will burn," the priest promised, and the daggers lit up: The Southern priest, facing them, had a dagger of black fire. The Eastern priest, orange. The Western priest, blue. And the Northern Priest, nearest the throne, had his dagger coated in golden flames. "As will you. See in our blades the power of Zarus. The many types of flame revealing the divine right of men to rule over the bastard offspring of the Devils, the Fairies, and the Dawn Titans."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Titan in the Playground

"You call that the power of Zarus?" Eris laughed "My wife rules over more flames then those pitiful blades- is she a stronger goddess then Zarus, then! I think not" she flew closer to the priests, clearly unafraid "She's a powerful magician while those are barely enchanted blades- at most a weak god is doing any magic to them! Leff! Show the people the truth!"
    To her count, Leff didn't have orange fire- but she had white and purple.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-19 at 06:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

Leff looked mostly curious, but
    Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    (1d20+3)[16] Mávro
    (1d20+2)[5] Leff
    (4d20)[18][5][13][16](52) all +2 priests
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: I didn't mean to start a fight actually
    Show
    Initiative!

(1d20+3)[19] adv. (1d20+3)[13]
    Petra (1d20+2)[5]

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

The northern-most priest approached with a long golden dagger, and then the light shone out brighter as he whistled, and galloping from the heavens like thunder, a red pegasus with a golden mane and tail swooped down. The priest leapt up and landed on the saddle, and the pegasus flew the priest down to Eris.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Complicated series of Readied Actions ends up meaning he can only make one attack. (1d20+14)[26]; (3d8+5)[23] some radiant I don't think it matters
    It's Eris
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Eris felt the blade cut into her and whistled as the fire burned through, unsheating Black Ice and bring it down on the priest- well up since he was on a pegasus.
    "Turns out, even if Zarus is a dead god you're still following somebody. Don't you feel any shame deceiving these people!?"

Show
    Action Attack, Bonus Action Rage.

And some pretty awful rolls, I should start getting some advantage by next round.

22 to hit, 18 damage
    15 to hit, 18 damage
    14 to hit, 22 damage

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

The one with a blade flickering with black fire pointed at Eris. "No mercy for the wicked, nor their lies." She managed to whack the other one a single time.

Spoiler: Attacks!
    Show
    (1d20+9)[13]/(1d20+9)[24]; (3d8+5)[16]
    (1d20+9)[12]/(1d20+9)[18]; (3d8+5)[16]
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro pointed to the golden-flamed priest and unleashed a few bolts of magic. When only one hit, she frowned and twisted her hand, bringing a spectral beak from behind to hit the man's feathered clothing and... bounce off of the yellow feathers. "Odd."

The paladin with regular fire leapt into the middle of melee and with a laugh erupted into hot orange flames that did nothing to Leff but would maybe hurt Mávro a lot.

And the final priest, with a frigid air about him, ran up to Leff, swiping at her twice with his obsidian knife. She whacked the blows aside with her shield and a grin.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Titan in the Playground

Eris wacked the cold priest's back the second it showed up- nobody should touch Leff.
    "Unfortunately you seem to know your stuff in addition to being liars" she mused "Leff, Mávro, feel free to fight freely" she wouldn't harm the population seriously, but these paladins were stronger then it looked.

From whom did their powers came was a good question.

Show
    Sentinel Strike, yes.

29 to hit, 21 damage

Sorry if I went before you made Leff's turn but I wasn't sure if you just left it in Ooc for a reason.

Petra received order to keep an eye on the villagers- Eris didn't want them to join the fight.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-01-20 at 03:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Titan in the Playground

Leff nodded and wrapped a purple dome of flame around the priest using Necrotic Fire, trapping him within. "Let's try three-on-three."
    Goldie grimaced and brought his dagger to bear against Eris, stabbing through her armor and leaving an explosion of golden light where the obsidian blade touched. She managed to avoid the next strike from him, however.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show

Second attack misses, first crits for a crisp 18 slashing damage and 38 radiant. And I don't know how far along you are on Oath of Ancients but 13 of that radiant damage is from a spell.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

"Tch- if you think magic and smiting will stop me think again!" Eris snarled, matching his two blows with six of hers- not letting the blue flames user out of sight, ready to strike again if he tried to hurt her wife.

Show
    Action Attack, Surge Attack, Bonus Action Fighting Spirit.

28 to hit, 19 damage
    23 to hit, 16 damage
    28 to hit, 19 damage
    29 to hit, 19 damage
    30 to hit, 20 damage
    20 to hit, 22 damage

Eris is still looking good enough, health-wise.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Titan in the Playground

Five of her blows met feathers, which kept her strokes from doing any major damage.
    Show
    Abstraction of hit points. Calm down.

The priest with the dark fire vanished and reappeared in a scattering of black sparks, right in Eris's face. He stabbed at her gut, but Black Ice parried his blow. Luckily for him, his next attempt left a long slice across Eris's left wing, leaving spirals of black fire wherever it hit.

Mávro pointed at the heavily wounded golden warrior, bringing all three of her attacks against him. All three bounced off of his feathers, and the elf swore, getting out of the fiery inferno surrounding the priest of ordinary fire.

The priest Eris had slashed scowled at her, then blue fire began to overtake him, but at a shouted word from Leff her own blaze burned away the cold flame. Angrily he brought his attacks against the Genasi, and because she had countered his attempts to chase after Mávro she could not block his first strike, freezing her flesh where the dagger pierced her arm.

Seeing so many of them able to teleport and knowing how good paladins were at no-selling her spells, Leff added another type of fire to the mix, shrouding herself in a white inferno that reached out to Eris, mending her wounds.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Necrotic Priest deals 10 piercing and 17 necrotic to Eris
    Fire priest deals 33 fire and piercing damage to Eris
    Ice Priest got Leff for 16

Healing! (2d6+5)[11] to Eris; 5 to Leff

You didn't make your WIS save for the Fire Priest's Spirit Guardians. Mávro's: (1d20+4)[11]
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

The golden priest stabbed Eris once more, then his Pegasus's wings lifted and the priest took off into the sky, out of Eris's reach as he looked to his wounds. "I shall be back down shortly!" He promised the other priests.

Show
    Eris would be able to Opportunity Attack, if only she hadn't cut the person who'd just stabbed her wife. I think we both know she did. 10 Piercing, 8 radiant.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

Eris whistled seeing him speed off.
    "Hey you" she addressed the one that had been stabbing her wife "I hope you're as tough as the other guy because now you're the one pissing me off"

Show
    Fighting Spirit, Attack with Smiting! Oh and the first attack is the Sentinel one.

15 to hit, 19 damage
    29 to hit, 20+8 slashing+radiant damage
    30 to hit, 22+10 slashing+radiant damage
    17 to hit, 23 damage

Also if nobody triggers a reaction attack from Eris Petra will join the fight if she can.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Titan in the Playground

With explosions of golden light from Eris's sword, the paladins gasped collectively. "How did this blasphemer take our god's light?"

Mávro fired two beams up, not at the Paladin, but at his steed, though only one managed to lodge in the flying horse's flesh. The spectral beak just barely pecked the priest wielding blue fire, who stumbled, then collapsed, bleeding to death.

The flaming priest, in a rage, ran to attack Mávro, but Eris stopped him (I assume?) and he instead turned to her.

Leff's white fire filled Eris's wounds, mending the flesh on their way into Eris's body where they strengthened her body.

Show
    Necrotic Priest: 16 Slashing, 26 Necrotic Damage to Eris... actually I think he's out of first level slots. (2d8)[4][4](8) more necrotic
    Fire Preist to Eris: 24+19 fire/piercing

Oh right Mávro needs to wis (1d20+4)[20]

Leff Heals Eris for 91 total hp.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Eris' tail twitched subtly when Leff's white fire washed over her- if asked she wouldn't have been able to say that she was excited only about the fight.

That didn't stop her from tripping the fire priest- nor laying on him with more of his god's light.
    "Where do you think you're going now? Look! This is the Raven Queen's flame of rebirth! Your God- if he told you that your flames where special, he lied" Eris laughed "To be deceived by your god- how does that feel?"

Show
    So, Sentinel+Attack+Fighting Spirit+Smites.

30 to hit, 19+10 slashing+radiant
    25 to hit, 19+11 slashing+radiant
    24 to hit, 18+14 slashing+radiant
    28 to hit, 18+12 slashing+radiant

If Eris does send him to 0 he'll leave him alive albeit unconscious- and if there are leftover attacks they go on the black flame one. Should have aimed at the smaller paladins sooner.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Titan in the Playground

The priest fell to his knees, panting. "Never... surrender."
    The Necrotic Priest seemed ready to stab Eris again, but the golden priest from above called down:
    "No! Retreat into the temple."
    With a last sneer at Eris, the priest vanished in a cloud of black fire and reappeared higher up the stairs before he ran into the temple, the entrance being an opening meant to look like the mouth of Zarus, by its placement.

Mávro's beam of force impacted the dying priest's skull, spilling forth his brains.

Leff looked up at Goldie. "Did he call a retreat?" the genasi who did not have Tongues cast asked. Regardless, she lifted her hand and a sphere of purple fire wrapped around the man, theoretically trapping him in place, but he did vanish in a shower of golden sparks along with his pegasus.
    "Figures." Leff looked around, seeing that the civilians had scattered... which also meant that the cages with the dragons had rolled back down the temple, landing on their sides at the bottom, the dragons now lying down, staring blankly ahead.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nursed her wounds, which mostly meant... Licking the wounds that looked the worst and hope that cleaned them.

Show
    Second Wind! (1d10+12)[21]

"Leave them. I'd like to chase them, but the dragons are what we are here for- Leff, can you take a look at them?" she looted checked the corpses for valuables- especially if there was a key for the cage. Afterwards she flew down to the cage, leaning near to speak to the two dragons.
    "Do you understand me? Lift your head if you do... And tell me your name if you can" she wanted to test wether they'd listen to her words and could be taken to a safer place in case they couldn't be healed there and also wanted to check if there was any sense of self remaining.

And she also checked if the cage was locked and how. Given that they were completely passive it didn't need to be shut tight.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Aura of Vitality
    Show
    Let's spread the love out
    Eris then Mávro then Leff

(2d6+5)[14]
    (2d6+5)[13]
    (2d6+5)[14]
    (2d6+5)[14]
    (2d6+5)[12]
    (2d6+5)[10]
    (2d6+5)[13]
    (2d6+5)[11]

Eris found a key on the ice priest while Leff finished healing everyone, then went down to the dragons. They didn't seem to understand Eris even with her Tongues, so Leff tried Draconic. "I could try Greater Restoration," Leff suggested, getting out some diamond dust. "But if I heal them both I won't be able to use Teleportation Circle without rest."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Eris tried the key on the cage.
    "As it stands, they don't seem to be responsive. They probably listen to... Mmm... Telepathy, or Deep Speech, or just to a specific individual" she theorized "Or maybe need keywords. Thing is, pushing dragons as big as these into a Circle that lasts for a few seconds seems undoable. Heal one- we'll see if it's cohoperative and if it'll help us carry the other to a safer place. I'd rather not rest here" she replied.

"Tulgither was brass too right? He didn't seem the type to strike istintively, so try healing that one. Even if confused it shouldn't attack us. But be careful everybody- I'm not sure they couldn't have been from Abeir instead of Toril, which means it could act way worst then we think" she decided.

Petra, keep a lookout on the door the two men disappeared through. They could attack us again.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Titan in the Playground

Leff nodded and, once Eris opened the gate, she cautiously sprinkled diamond dust onto the eyes and nose of the brass dragon. She clenched her fist and the diamond dust exploded into white fire.
    The dragon sneezed out hot air and said something in Draconic: "Water... water."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

Eris hurried with... Her flask.
    "I'm sorry if it's little" she offered the flask made for a humanoid.
    "Leff, Mávro, you got more?"

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Titan in the Playground

"I didn't prepare Create Food and Water, since I didn't know we were traveling. But I have some." Mávro and Leff poured their waterskins into the dragon's mouth, and the dragon made do, stretching its wings out. "What of Tongkugee? Can you heal her?" The brass dragon exited the cage.
    "Yes, but we need to leave. After we do so, I can rest an hour and get to her."
    The dragon nodded its head, but had difficulty lifting it. "Very well. How are we to go?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll teleport to Baldur's Gate" Eris explained "We can take care of you there- we have a mansion, and you're welcome to rest and recover there. But we need your help pushing her through the Circle because it'll last a few seconds only. Can you do it?"

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Titan in the Playground

The dragon looked to her friend, and attempted to grip her and drag her out, muscles screaming. "Ah... I cannot."
    Show