New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 7

Mávro looked down at it and pointed a finger at it. Gray forceful energy lept from her finger and cracked it in half.
    "How is that?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Eris giggled, leaning back and releasing Mávro from the hug.
    "Pretty damn good that is" she said with a smile.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro blushed, looking at the ground. "I will keep watch," she said. "You can enjoy your rest."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Eris nodded.
    "Thank you" she said, lying down on her bedroll happily. She hadn't expected all that to go on. She was honestly glad for the initial misunderstanding now.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Insight?

(1d20+4)[23]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

After a few minutes, Mávro put her hands to her eyes and cried into them, shoulders shuddering as she tried hard to remain quiet.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Eris shifted silently, and sat back up pulling Mávro into an embrace from behind.
    "Rely on me" she told her "You have no need to be embarassed, no need to shoulder pain alone. Cry a river and I'll be here to support you, silly" she placed her hands on Mávro's, covering her frame with her wings.
    "If it helps, now only I can see you- and won't judge you for anything, my friend"

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Wordlessly, Mávro fell onto Eris's lap and cried. She cried until she had tuckered herself out, and eventually Eris found that Mávro had fallen asleep in her wings.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Eris smiled, having stayed completely silent through the whole cry, stroking her hair and left a light kiss on Mávro's head.
    "Goodnight, Mávro" she whispered.

Show
    Let's see... Eris, Leff, Harôt, John. We can stretch and cover the whole night.

And suddenly I can't remember how Leff's familiar's name is written exactly.

When it was properly time Eris woke up Leff.
    "We are proper friends now... And she had a lot of pent up pain" she whispered explaining briefly "You mind having Haröt and John cover Mávro's usual shift?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Leff looked to John, who grimaced. "Not at all," she said. "Mávro's been wonderful to us in general, but in letting us rest in particular." She kissed Eris. "But now you really need to get to sleep."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

"Fiiine" Eris kissed Leff back "Goodnight, sweetie" and leaned back down on the bedrool, careful to not disturb Mávro. She reaffirmed her grip and made sure the "wing cradle" was comfy, then fell asleep with Mávro keeping the elf in her arms.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

For a change in pace, Sirthis woke up holding only his wife while Eris stirred snuggled up with another woman.

Mávro breathed lightly, her arms wrapped around Eris as she slept, looking almost serene.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis groaned and stratched an arm, smiling at Mab and gave her horn a kiss.
    "Morning, mother of our daughter and my wife" he whispered "I'm still the luckiest person alive this morning"

When Eris woke up, she reached up to rub her eyes, then looked down at who she was holding. She rubbed them again. Took her a while to recall in the haze of sleep last night.
    "Right... You deserved some rest" she whispered softly and stroked the elf's head affectionately, not wanting to wake Mávro up. She wasn't sure she ever saw her so at ease.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Mab smiled and cuddled with Sirthis. "Good morning, my moon," she whispered. "Any other pressing adventures taking you away from me?"

Leff seemed also to be trying not to wake up Mávro as she softly chanted Comprehend Languages so she could actually understand Mávro for awhile.
    Eris's words did cause Mávro to briefly stir, but not open her eyes. "Kaliméra, Glykiá," she mumbled.
    Leff looked down sharply at Mávro before tapping her earring. Good morning, Glykiá.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm currently free as a bird" Sirthis said, smiling and kissing Mab.
    "Though I wanted to pay a few visits in the Feywild, do some exploretion, now that I can come back in a word"

Eris nodded.

I think... Glykiá was somebody important who died. Her family member or maybe her charge.

"Good morning, Mávro" she said as delicately as Infernal allowed "I'm... Not Glykiá, sorry"

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

"What a coincidence. I was thinking of doing some riding with Grape and Grapefruit today," Mab smiled. "Where are we going?"

Mávro's eyes fluttered open in confusion as she looked at Eris. In a panic, she stood. "Eris!" She said before the memories came flooding back. "Ah... yes. Yes, apologies." Mávro glanced at Leff, not quite sure which emotion to convey to the Genasi. Leff put a hand on Mávro's shoulder. "You can't understand me, but I hope you're feeling alright."
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

"Great! Let's see..." Sirthis gave her a kiss "I never visited the Murkendraw, that labyrinth with the big tree and Hyrsam's place yet. I should at least visit most of the Unseelie archfeys, before moving to the Seelies. I was told one should bring a gift to Baba Yaga though" he proposed.
    "Or we could go visit the nymphs. Been a while since I met Amete- my son's there after all. I'm not sure it'd be entertaining for you to visit Tyzes, and I think I wanted to visit Stelus only when I'm done with other things, but there's that. Any preference before I choose?" Sirthis left out places he didn't think Mab should go to.

"Leff said that she's hoping you feel alright. She can understand us, if you want to reply" Eris explained, standing up "I talked about myself, but I'm not the only one here who stands by your side"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

"None at all," Mab answered. "But yes, you'd need quite the fine gift to visit Baba Yaga. She's not the cowardly peon I can toss around, like..." Mab snapped her fingers, blanking on the name. "The bat guy. Whoever he was."

Mávro put a hand on Leff's and nodded. She said something in elvish.
    Aklah rolled over and smashed the stone wall to get some sun on her scales.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

"Neiphion" Sirthis said "Or Nephion. I don't care enough. Anyway" he booped Mab's nose "Hyrsam's it is. Don't tell ahead of time, beautiful, let's give him a surprise"

Eris smiled at the other two, figuring Mávro used Elvish instead of Infernal for a reason so she didn't ask and instead started picking her equipment back up and went to pet Aklah.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Mab stretched and stood up. "We have time for a bath first, right?"

Aklah thumped the ground with her tail and nuzzled Eris.
    "Time to keep going?" Leff asked.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

"Even if there wasn't we'd still take it now that you said that" Sirthis said, standing up to follow Mab "What's his place like? Anything I should know beforehand?"

Eris nodded.
    "Let's see if we can get there today" she said getting on Aklah.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Mab lowered herself in the water, and soon they were joined by Vomiting and the two naiads. "It is a den of illusion, but not in the deceptive sense. More... performative. To enhance the mood."

Aklah whined, and Leff chuckled before producing some tasteless meat for Aklah. She sniffed Eris an pointed her snout at the food.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

"Unless you're a dragon" Sirthis giggled thinking of Titania's steed at the tournament as he dropped in the bathtub and let himself be washed "Still, now I look forward to it. As in, more then before"

Eris got to Prestidigitizing the food Aklah ate.
    "Pretentious" she said, smiling.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Mab smiled at Sirthis as the naiads washed her and Vomiting attended to Sirthis. "And I am certain Hyrsam will be honored to meet us." She got out of the bath, and the brownies soon arrived to dry her off.

"Spoiled," Leff added, patting Aklah's neck before piling on.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you" Sirthis told Vomiting when he was done bathing and followed Mab- although he used magic to dry himself off. He then got to dress up with his usual outft- shirt, jacket, trousers, boots, cape, gloves. Oh and of course his equipment, he almost never left the room without it. Especially armor and shield.
    "Where's his place? I said I wanted to visit him but of course I didn't check it beforehand"

When Aklah was done eating, Eris spurred her towards South.
    "Go!" she said, then turned sharply and stole a kiss from Leff, turning back towards the front with a giggle.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

"You look dashing," Mab said as her brownies dressed her and coated on her make-up. She wore a shorter gown, like the one he'd met her in, that he supposed was for traveling, selected three silver rings for every other finger on her right hand, and finally she had the black dress tied around her waist with a red ribbon with a bow on the back. Her feet were, of course, bare.

Leff giggled and Aklah took them up into the air.

Spoiler: Rollz
    Show
    (5d12)[10][3][10][10][11](44)
    (1d100)[56]
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

"You look splendid" Sirthis replied, looking her over before offering Mab his arm with a smile "Shall we?"

"Weeeeee!" Eris held her hands up enjoying the fly.

Show
    Riiiight, Perception: (1d20+4)[9]

Aklah's (1d20+4)[7]

Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-03 at 04:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Mab took his arm and leaned on him. "Let's."
    As they walked, she looked up at him.

It was difficult to miss the shrieking caw that came up over the clouds as three full-grown, pack-hunting birds, great rocs that blotted out the sky, passed through them, spotting a wyvern and friends to feed to their young.

Spoiler: It's initiative
    Show

Rocs (3d20)[7][11][4](22)
    Leff: (1d20+2)[4]
    Mávro: (1d20+2)[3]
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

"Ehy! Food Aklah!" Eris exclaimed, reaching for Black Ice. No offense to the rocs seeking to bring them to their kids, but they weren't for eating.

Show
    Initiative! (1d20+3)[11] adv. (1d20+3)[5]

Aklah (1d20)[13]

Aklah flew towards the rocs, shrieking at what looked like free chicken wings and clawed at the rocks seeking to paralyze one.

Eris when they were close enough took flight.
    "Need a place to sit, Mávro?" she said, standing on her own wings and tag-teaming the roc with Aklah.

Show
    So, first Aklah. She moves into melee range of a roc (80 feet speed) and claw/stinger.
    Claw 19 to hit, 15 damage.
    Stinger 19 to hit, 7+29 poison damage. DC 15 Con save to halve 29.

Eris flies off of the saddle to let Mávro have space and Rage, Attack, Reckless (so advantage to hit her).
    Black Ice
    26 to hit, 22 damage
    26 to hit, 19 damage
    30 to hit, 18 damage
    On the same roc Aklah attacks.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-03 at 06:31 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

The rocs shrieked and gathered around Eris and Aklah. While one pecked and scratched at their wyvern target, two took advantage of Eris's open guard to rake and peck her.
    Leff exploded into golden fire, washing all of their prismatic feathers in her soul-burning aura.
    Mávro regrew on the wyvern.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

On Eris
    (1d20+13)[17] Crit; (4d8+9)[42] damage
    (1d20+13)[25]; (4d6+9)[22] Whacks!
    (1d20+13)[15]; (4d6+9)[17] misses

(1d20+13)[32]; (4d8+9)[26] Aklah takes all three of these I think
    (1d20+13)[22]; (4d6+9)[26]
    (1d20+13)[17]; (4d6+9)[24]

(1d20+13)[24]; (4d8+9)[17] all three whack but you resist all 3.
    (1d20+13)[33]; (4d6+9)[24] Crit: +10 more.
    (1d20+13)[22]; (4d6+9)[24]
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

"Whoa, these birds know how to peck! Hey, that's my daughter you feathered asses!" Eris exclaimed angrily, blading the roc that struck Aklah- then she went all MURDERY.

Show
    So, Aklah:
    Multiattack Claws/Stinger, Second Wind.
    22 to hit, 14 slashing damage
    21 to hit, 11 piercing + 27 poison (Con save DC 15 to halve)
    6 healed, she has slightly more then half health. Very slightly.

Eris!
    Attack, Attack Surge, Fighting Spirit.
    23 to hit, 22 slashing
    20 to hit, 20 slashing
    Crit for 29 slashing + 51 radiant
    24 to hit, 19 slashing
    20 to hit, 22 slashing
    29 to hit, 19 slashing
    22 to hit, 20 slashing <- Sentinel

All on the same rock if at all possible, left over attacks on the one that looks more messed up.