New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default How do you arrive in style? (A thread about vehicles)

Been thinking about flying vehicles and how, if using Arms and Equipment Guide and Stronghold Builder’s Guide, and a few spells here and there from across various books, one can get some snazzy vehicles for relatively cheap.

My current favourite vehicle for personal use is a Sand Schooner from Sandstorm, levitated by a permament (or cast every few days if you’re on a budget!) Suspension spell. The sails on the Schooner gives you motion, the suspension just lifts you up enough to fly. Ship big enough to have 2 Ballista/Catapult, can carry a crew of 15 people (enough for your party and a lot of npcs!) and also more weight allowance in cargo space than Suspension is likely to hold until very high levels. Basically a sailboat on wheels cargo freight thing. Just um... gotta be careful with the weight as too much and it’s more than the spells levitating it can hold. There will be scales on the docks before passengers can board I guess.

Never used this, but one day I’ll have a character that’ll have a sweet ride like this.

You got any cool vehicles you tend to build and/or acquire in your games?
    OI YOU! Join this one Discord where people talk 3.5 stuff! Also chicken infested related things! It’s pretty rad! https://discord.gg/6HmgXhUZ

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: How do you arrive in style? (A thread about vehicles)

There is an elemental that's I think 2500 gold in sandstorm that is a literal tornado that you ride in. I love the image of just hopping out of a tornado that can park itself or follow you around like a puppy.

I personally prefer creatures, even like golems, because it shows mastery of something else, whereas technology doesnt necessarily.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

My favorate ride a party came up with was a set of 3 customised wagons on wheels of motion, all eventualy hitched to a iron equine golum.

a nice base,

they made alot of cash. towing cargo betwen outposts in party down time, so everyone was chill with the investment.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

A permanent illusion of a baby Tarrasque on a Rhino or Elephant