New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Text help

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Text help

Is there a list somewhere of in line text comands ans tuff to do some of the nice in box funky stuff..

you know like the quate ans spioler thingy i keep seeing on some considerate poster....

I have no idea how it works.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Text help

Is there a list somewhere of in line text comands ans tuff to do some of the nice in box funky stuff..

you know like the quoat and spioler thingy I keep seeing on some considerate posts....

I have no idea how it works.

{scrubbed} double posteed
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-10-21 at 11:59 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Text help

For double posting your best bet is to report your own post using the ! in a triangle icon and ask a mod to delete it.

For the in-line text commands, then if you are using the full editor switch out of "what you see is what you get" mode (top left button) so that the formatting commands are displayed as you select them from the control panel (note, I am assuming the full editor here, I don't know the mobile version).

Once you can see the actual text of the commands, then find a post you like and hit the "Quote" button to see the commands that went into that post.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Between the title line and the text entry box is a wall of text formatting options. If you click on one, it will put the 'command text' into the text box.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

In addition to Lord Torath' suggestion, here is an actual list of BB commands that you can use on the board:

https://forums.giantitp.com/misc.php?do=bbcode
    Last edited by Cicciograna; 2020-10-21 at 02:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khedrac View Post
    For double posting your best bet is to report your own post using the ! in a triangle icon and ask a mod to delete it.

For the in-line text commands, then if you are using the full editor switch out of "what you see is what you get" mode (top left button) so that the formatting commands are displayed as you select them from the control panel (note, I am assuming the full editor here, I don't know the mobile version).

Once you can see the actual text of the commands, then find a post you like and hit the "Quote" button to see the commands that went into that post.
    For double threads you need to ask for mod intervention, but for double posts you can delete them yourself.

Also, at the bottom of every forum page is a box labeled "Posting Permissions". One of the things inside is "[https://forums.giantitp.com/misc.php?do=bbcode]BB code[/url] is On", with a link to a list of all the things you can do with BB code on the board. It is the same link that Ciciograna posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    For double threads you need to ask for mod intervention, but for double posts you can delete them yourself.
    That's a very useful clarification from Rockphed. Mods can also do very helpful things like (as in this case) merge the two (near) identical threads when they both get replies. We have a very helpful bunch of mods on this forum.