New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Savage Masks Sidequel: Shounen Harder!

Party: It is a usual day in Aeon City. Streets and Crowds bustle, metas, Helicopters, drones, air-cars, and planes crowd the 2/10ths cloudy blue skies.

You hear an explosion and see an accompanying gout of dark black smoke a few blocks away.

What do you do?

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

In your post, introduce us to your character, give a physical description. Where were you and what were you doing when you heard the explosion? How do you arrive quickly on Scene? What do you do as/when you arrive?

The Clock Starts now, The game will end on May 4th.
    All General Moves and Playbook Moves are usable once for the Duration.
    Each Player is allocated a single Benny
    The Team Pool contains 4 Bennies

Pk-Leon's character possesses the "Last Stand" Card: Your hero and adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into range after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Machine's character possesses the "Flesh Wound" Card: Play to cause a wounded Extra to rise immediately, un-shaken and unharmed. The extra must have been wounded in the current scene.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Re: Savage Masks Sidequel: Shounen Harder!

Emilia Shaw was walking down the street, heading to the Aeon City Mall. Her eyes were dark in contrast to her bright blonde hair. She was dressed in some expensive jeans and a tight gray shirt that showed off her curves. She was cheerfully talking on the phone to her mother about a wedding they were both going to attend in a few months when the explosion sounded a few blocks away. She turned to look at the smoke for moment before she remembered the phone she held up to her ear. "Sorry mom, gotta go. Love you," she said before she hung up.

She gathered her thick blond hair into her hands and put it up in a ponytail, then floated up into the air. She angled herself towards the commotion and started flying toward it. In the air, she tapped a button hidden on the silver bracelet that she wore on her wrist and her suit, white with black accents, flowed out of it and covered her clothes so that she was now Siren. When she arrived on scene she stops on a rooftop to access the situation before throwing herself into it. It was something her father, Blackout, had drilled into her growing up.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-04-21 at 06:58 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It was a day like any other in Aeon City as Arthur Wells made his way home after picking up a pair of toy tops from a nearby hobby store. Arthur's eyes remain fixed to the back of the box one of his toys came packaged in as he walks down the street, his thoughts drowning out the ambient noise. After searching for years, I've finally found you... the elusive Azure Eyes White Wyvern [Series F] - Attack Type Battle Top! It may have taken me well over a decade to obtain but it'll have all been worth it now that I can witness it clash with the legendary Dark Phoenix [Series F] - Multi Type firsthand. Assembly should be relatively easy but-

The boom of a nearby explosion derails Arthur's train of thought, instantly snapping him back to reality. He shakes his messy brown hair away from his eyes and surveys the vicinity for the source of the sound, his eyes finally catching sight of thick black smoke emerging from the skyline a few blocks away. "That's odd, though I'm sure someone's got the situation under control..." Arthur shrugs to himself then continues to walk home but only takes a few more steps before coming to a complete stop. He looks back at the smoke and runs a hand through his hair as he reconsiders. Then again, it couldn't hurt just to take a look right?

Arthur tucks the toy into his backpack and disappears down a nearby alleyway. A few moments later he emerges from the shadows walking up the side of one of the buildings that frame the alleyway. His plain white t-shirt, weathered jeans, and beaten up converses replaced by what appears to be a thick black, high-collared, mechanic's jumpsuit with industrial grade gloves and boots, in addition to a pair of oversized tinted goggles that adorn his head. Upon reaching the rooftop Arthur attempts to pinpoint the location of the smoke then begins making his way in that direction. As he pulls the goggles down over his eyes his shaggy hair rises up in defiance of gravity swaying gently in the wind. He runs down the building and towards the scene of the explosion at an unnatural speed.

Spoiler: Notice (upon arriving at the scene if needed)
    Show

4 +2 (Alertness)
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-04-20 at 06:01 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Team: (Dynamic Duo? Party?)

You arrive at the source of the gout of smoke, readily identifying it as a the burnt out wreck of a car in a shallow crater. You hear sirens approaching as the city slowly wakes up and responds to the threat. The first of it's antibodies have already arrived before you.

You see a great, bipedal, griffin-like monster made of stone holding up a section of asphalt, steadily advancing on a massive armored figure bristling with gun barrels, energy conductors, rocket pods, and the like. It holds a 3 barrelled rotary cannon steady, pouring high calibre shells into the asphalt and the stone griffin behind it.

An orange and grey blur whips in and out of the nearby branch of Aeon City Bank. Bags of cash and security boxes forming a steadily growing pile by the back of an armored car. The pile is being guarded by a feminine figure in a slate blue and green costume. A manhole cover, several hunks of asphalt, and other city detritus orbits her. Two blue armored figures, their suits designed like cobbled together pebbles or rocks, are pinned down behind a van. As you watch, the manhole cover accelerates, ejecting itself from it's orbit around the blue and green figure to bury itself into the engine block of the van.

The already crippled vehicle rocks on it's side with a crunch of metal and broken glass. knocking one of the blue armored figures to the ground while the other attempts to brace the van and keep it from pitching over onto them.

What do, heroes?

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

Behold! proper orokos formatting!
    Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post

Orokos formatting

Spoiler: that took up a lot of space and was ugly
    Show
    when posting in Orokos, make sure you post in the appropriate format for exploding dice, the format is thus:

Xdxox

or (#ofdice)d(type of die)o(highest number of die)

or, if you wanted to roll five d6, and they explode (explained above) on 6s, you'd type

5d6o6

if you want to see each individual die roll, it's the same formula, but with a ! at the end

5d6o6!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

OOC: I would like to roll Capes, Cowls, and Masks to figure out who these guys are

CCM: 5

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    OOC: I would like to roll Capes, Cowls, and Masks to figure out who these guys are

CCM: 5
    OOC:
    Weapons Platform: Recoil, Villain
    Blur - unidentifiable
    Blue and Green - Orbis, villain
    Statue-man - Granite Griffin, hero
    Blue pebble-armored pair - ????
    Last edited by big teej; 2021-04-21 at 06:46 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Kneeling on the top of the roof, Siren reaches out for Horizon's mind and connects her thoughts to him. I'm going to try and mind control the weapons platform and the woman. See if you can take out the speedster. Sound good?

She focuses her mind on Recoil and Orbis and attempts to control them.

Spoiler: Rolls and Mechanics
    Show
    After a 1 on both dice, I'm gonna spend my only benny to reroll to mind control Recoil
    Mind Control Recoil: 9
    Mind Control Orbis: 4

8. - Top - End - #8

NinjaGuy

Horizon emerges from a side street and takes a moment to let the surrounding chaos soak in. He sighs, "Another ordinary day in Aeon City..." His eyes move from the two massive figures in the street over to the pair of armored men being pinned down by random debris.

It looks like they're even in number but one side's clearly outmatched. And a two versus one scenario doesn't seem to be in my best interest; if only...

Kneeling on the top of the roof, Siren reaches out for Horizon's mind and connects her thoughts to him. I'm going to try and mind control the weapons platform and the woman. See if you can take out the speedster. Sound good?
    Emilia!? Uh, I mean Siren! W-What are you doing out this way? I didn't expect to run into you today, I mean, not that I wouldn't want to... Wait, not like that! Y-You know what I mean. He promptly applies palm to face after struggling to keep his thoughts in check. I got it.

Horizon raises a hand and forms the shape of a gun with his finger pointed at the spot where the orange and grey blur appears most visible near the vehicle. A solid black sphere of energy materializes in front of his fingertip and glows with a sinister purple hue. "Hold still."

He fires the orb where he predicts the blur should be and waits for contact before amplifying the orbs effect.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    A wild Siren appeared!
    Horizon became flustered!

Horizon fires a Ranged Attack at Orange Blur across the street with the intent to Ensare him! (Horizon's Ensnare is Very Strong)

Ranged Attack Roll: 4
    Ranged Attack Reroll: 7

I too will also spend my only Benny to reroll that ranged attack!
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-04-21 at 05:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Siren:

You reach out with your mind, taking a tentative hold on Recoil and Orbis' psyches. The rotary cannon pelting Granite Griffin with shells hiccups, coughs out another blurt, and then stops as the silver, dome-shaped helm shakes itself back in forth. You are violently rebuffed before his mental scape begins to take form. A bright red light flashes at the side of a helmet and a rocket pod pops up from the suits shoulder blade, rotating on it's arm in your very specific direction.

Orbis, meanwhile, immediately succumbs to your intrusion. You feel her trained reflexes and honed body go into a holding pattern. She pauses, but the detritus and projectiles around her continue their orbit, heedless of objects in their way.

Horizon:

The blur deviates from it's path, skittering away from the gravity orb and coming to a brief stop as the figure, a thin blonde woman in her late forties, takes stock of Horizon. "Y'er a lil young to be out here aintcha?" She looks you up and down and smirks. "Probably a little young to be tangling with me too." She laughs. you can see the muscles in her legs tense as she prepares to pick back up the speed, and presumably rush you down.

Team:
    To Cards!

Aces...
    Granite Griffin, noticing the pause in gunfire, throws down the slab of concrete he'd been shielding himself with and rushes Recoil. His stone talons clamp down on the missile pod aimed at Siren, and the suit's opposite arm. Metal and stone squeal and scream against each other as Griffin beak-butts the suit and drives it back into one of the massive pillars holding up the front of the bank.

Kings...
    Queens...
    Jacks...
    10s...

Horizon may act or go on hold!

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot!
    Show

It's been a hot minute since I've typed that, eh?

Gran Rapid gains Influence over Horizon
    Siren has a -1 Concentration penalty
    Gran Rapid attempts to shift Horizon's labels: Mundane Up, Savior Down.

10. - Top - End - #10

NinjaGuy

I missed? Horizon tilts his head in surprise before seeing the blur of a lithe woman come to a stop. She's fast, really fast. I just have to figure out a way to pin her place. Maybe...

He laughs nervously as he observes the tension in the thief's legs building up. "S-Sorry, I didn't realize you were a woman at first and a b-beautiful one at that. Wait... don't I know you from somewhere?" His expression lightens up considerably as he feigns excitement. "Hey, can I get your autograph!?", Horizon asks as he pretends to search his bag for a pen and paper. "Sorry, this'll only take a sec-"

Before his sentence is complete the hero vanishes from where he once stood and reappears in a blur within arm's reach of the older woman, attempting to touch her with an outstretched hand.

Show
    Horizon attempts to resist the label shift! 8

Ensnare Touch Attack: 7 + 2 (Touch Attack Bonus) = 9

OOC: It's also important to note when dealing out cards for initiative Horizon is Level Headed!
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-04-21 at 08:22 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Horizon:

Gran Rapid ducks out of the way of your grasping hand, smacking it away. "You kids are so fresh these days." She says laughing, her smile growing wider. "Don't you know you're supposed to take a lady to dinner first?" She says, grabbing you and running off down the street before making a hard turn towards one of the many businesses lining the street. "Here, you go ahead and find us a table." She says as she throws you through the window of a restaurant. You crash through the glass, bounce off of a table and then land and smash through another, throwing food, cutlery, dishware, and the like into the air.
    OOC: You are Shaken.

9s...
    Orbis stands, unmoving, her mind in the grip of the Siren.

8s...
    ...of Spades: Recoil turns his attention back to Granite Griffin, planting his free arm in the stony hero's gut and blasting him with an energy weapon, obscured by the massive wings of the gargoyle. Griffin is thrown by the impact, bouncing across the street, one razor sharp wing breaking off as it carves down into the pavement.

...of Clubs:The blue-armoured-pair leap from behind cover and tackle her to the ground. One jabbing a stun gun into her ribs, the other pulling out and beginning to handcuff the limp psion.

7s...
    6s...

Siren may act or go on hold.

Show

Horizon is level headed - that IS important information
    On a Hit, you successfully hold to yourself and tune them out. Horizon chooses one:
    - Clear a Condition or Mark Potential by immediately acting to prove them wrong. (Immediately attempting to enter melee definitely counts, but you're not required to pick this, just pointing out you've satisfied the requirement)

- Shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice

- Cancel their Influence, and take +1 Forward against them.

Horizon is Shaken!
    Recoil became Unshaken!
    Granite Griffin was Wounded!
    Orbis was incapacitated!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    Emilia!? Uh, I mean Siren! W-What are you doing out this way? I didn't expect to run into you today, I mean, not that I wouldn't want to... Wait, not like that! Y-You know what I mean. He promptly applies palm to face after struggling to keep his thoughts in check. I got it.
    Oh, you know, right place, right time, Siren replied to Horizon. I happened to be a few blocks away. I was about to start looking for a bridesmaid's dress before I saw the smoke.

She sees her teammate get carried into the restaurant and has to stifle a laugh at the banter. After the two in blue handcuff Orbis, Siren releases her hold on her, then turns her attention to Recoil. She readies herself and launches a wave of psychic power out at the weapons platform, hoping to give Granite Griffin enough time to stand and continue his fight, but she's unable to muster her concentration.

Show

Siren releases her Mind Control on Orbis and then attempts to Attack Ranged Recoil, but she misses!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Team:

Recoil's attention, and armaments, are drawn back to Siren as she again attempts to intervene in his battle with Granite Griffin.

Aces...
    Kings...
    Queens...
    Jacks...

Siren may act or go on hold

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Seeing his attention turn to her, Siren focuses again, pouring all of her concentration into another mental blast at Recoil.

Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Team:

The air ripples as Sirens mental fury lashes out at Recoil. The armored behemoth rocks back on his heels, staggers, and then slumps over as much as the bulk of his armour and bristling weapon pods and gun barrels allow.

10s...
    Horizon slowly extricates himself from his dinner reservation...

9s...
    8s...
    7s...
    ...Of Hearts
    Granite Griffin slowly pushes himself to his feet and casts his unblinking gaze up and down the street. He locks eyes on Gran Rapid and then stalks over to Recoil, and begins methodically pulling weapons and gadgets off of the suit.

...Of Diamonds Gran Rapid glances back at the walking statue and her incapacitated cohorts. "Well, this went sideways." She mutters. She shades her eyes with one hand and peers into the restaurant at Horizon. "Hey, this was fun. Gimme a call sometime when you're off the clock." She laughs and disappears with a boom, Siren watches the blur that is Gran Rapid blink up the street, stopping at the pile of cash bags and lock-boxes, grabbing two of them, and disappearing into the city.

The remaining villains incapacitated, the second wave of Aeon city's defenders and parasites descend on the scene in a swarm of flashing lights and sirens, accompanied by the press. The badges, mostly beat cops, but accompanied by a handful of the more heavily armoured Meta-response patrol and two cyber-mastiffs, begin taking Orbis into custody and extricating Recoil from his suit, under the watchful eyes of Granite Griffin and the camera flashes of the press.

Siren:
    You hear the roof-access door behind you thud open with a screech and a trio of reporter types emerge and rush towards you. One has a heavy, official looking camera propped on his shoulder, he flanks a woman in business casual wielding a microphone, and a third holding a notepad and pencil.

Horizon:
    You are greeted as you emerge from the restaurant by a redhead in her late teens or early twenties. She holds out a boxy recorder with a blinking red light. "Veronica Talley, Eons of Aeon Inquirer." She says in a clipped, excited tone by means of introduction. "Horizon, this is your first recorded encounter with a Speedster. What was it like? What did you learn from this experience that will surely lead to inevitable and glorious victory in the future? What are your thoughts about working with Siren? How did it feel coming to the assistance of a A-Tier hero like Granite Griffin? What do you have to say about the rumors of a romantic entanglement between you and Siren? Is it awkward pursuing one of Aeon City's Legacies?

Show

Combat ends with Gran Rapid's retreat.
    Siren, unlike your compatriot, you haven't been ambushed by the press, and may extricate yourself before they question you if you desire.... would that make daddy proud?

Horizon, you can roll Common Knowledge or Capes, Cowls, and Masks to learn things about Veronica Talley, or the Eons of Aeons Inquirer.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Siren breathes a sigh of relief as she watches Recoil go down, and Granite Griffin get back up. She hadn't been sure how wounded the giant stone bird-man was. While she was a little upset that they hadn't managed to catch all the villains, at least only the speedster had gotten away with a couple bags of cash. However, Grandfather would probably not be happy; she'd most likely hear about that when she got home today.

You okay in there? she asks Horizon. She got you pretty good.

As she stands, Siren brushes off her knees and hears the screech of the door opening. She puts on her best smile and greets the camera crew, tossing her hair over her shoulder for good measure. "Good afternoon!"
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-04-24 at 12:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

NinjaGuy

The worlds spins for a few seconds before Horizon comes to his senses and attempts to get back to his feet. He dusts himself off and uses his power to dispel any debris from his person as he takes a look around the restaurant to gauge the damage. It's only then that Horizon realizes he's currently standing on top of the table he crashed through and what's left of the lunch belonging to the couple he's standing between.

Gran Rapid glances back at the walking statue and her incapacitated cohorts. "Well, this went sideways." She mutters. She shades her eyes with one hand and peers into the restaurant at Horizon. "Hey, this was fun. Gimme a call sometime when you're off the clock." She laughs and disappears with a boom.
    Way too fast... He thinks to himself as he watches the speedster take off.

"Yeaaaaah, I'm really sorry about this... Give me a second and I'll fix it." Horizon quickly walks over to the front counter, reaches into his bag and removes some cash from his wallet, placing twenty dollars in front of the receptionist. "This should be enough to cover lunch for the couple over there.", he points out the pair he had the pleasure of interrupting. "You guys do have lunch specials right?", he laughs nervously. He glances at the broken window before looking back at the receptionist, then places five dollars into a tip jar. "That's uh... for the window."

You okay in there? she asks Horizon. She got you pretty good.
    Yeah I'm fine, everything's fine. I was just taking a quick look at their menu. Be right there!

Horizon then begins to makes his way back through the dining area towards the window and stops to address the couple. "Today's your lucky day, lunch is on the house! Just uh, try to stick to the lunch specials... okay? Later!" He hops through what remains of the window and attempts to rejoin the fray only to stopped by a would be hero's greatest adversary, the press.

You are greeted as you emerge from the restaurant by a redhead in her late teens or early twenties. She holds out a boxy recorder with a blinking red light. "Veronica Talley, Eons of Aeon Inquirer." She says in a clipped, excited tone by means of introduction. "Horizon, this is your first recorded encounter with a Speedster. What was it like? What did you learn from this experience that will surely lead to inevitable and glorious victory in the future?
    "My first encounter with a Speedster?" He rubs his chin in thought. "Wait! Someone's keeping track of all this?" Horizon asks as he eyes the woman warily. He's bombarded with a second round of questioning before he can even provide his answers to the first set, his eyes widening at the mention of any sort of romantic interest in his partner. "Okay, hold on! What does that even have to do with anything that's going on right now?", he responds visibly flustered.

SIREN, A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE!?

Show
    Horizon chooses to cancel Gran Rapid's Influence and takes +1 Forward against her.

Combat ends with Gran Rapid's retreat.
    Horizon became Unshaken!

Common Knowledge to ascertain the identity/validity of Veronica Talley and the reputability of the Eons of Aeon Inquirer: 4

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

I've got reporters up here too, Siren replies to him. Just smile and answer their questions as naturally as possible. Don't ramble though! If you need to, ask them to clarify what they mean, or just take control of the questions. I believe in you! I'll come down as soon as I'm done with my group up here.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

I've got reporters up here too, Siren replies to him. Just smile and answer their questions as naturally as possible. Don't ramble though! If you need to, ask them to clarify what they mean, or just take control of the questions. I believe in you! I'll come down as soon as I'm done with my group up here.
    Horizon sighs in exasperation. At least one of us does... Sure, I'll give this a shot.

"Hey what'd you say your name was again?", he asks the eager reporter. "You mind starting over from the top?" Before she begins again he raises a hand to interject, "Also, one question at at time please."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Siren:
    The Man with a camera slows down, adjusts his focus, and slowly edges out to properly frame you and the female reporter. The blonde reporter lady smiles at you and adjusts her hair. "Good Afternoon, Siren" she says cheerfully. "Adrianna Roth" She introduces herself, as if you didn't already know who she was. Darling of Aeon City's local news network. "Tell us what happened." She asks without a question mark, offering the mic up so you can talk into it without leaning down off the parapet.

Horizon:
    "Veronica Talley" she reintroduces herself with a wink. She leans into you, not quite jabbing you with the recorder. "Eons of Aeon Inquirer. So you're saying you've fought a speedster before? Did you find them easier to deal with than Gran Rapid?"

She waits for you to answer questions this time, but she still starts her next one when you haven't quite finished your answer.

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot:
    Show

Noted, Gran Rapid no longer has Influence over Horizon. Horizon has +1 on his next act against or related to Gran Rapid.

You know that Veronica Talley is a somewhat famous (Infamous, Notorious?) journalist, she's known for doing exactly what she's doing to you right now. Ambushing heroes (and even villains!) in the heat of the moment before the dust has settled to get the piping hot, fresh-from-the-forge takes on the action. Eons of Aeon Inquirer is the tabloid rag of Aeon City, only rivaled by legacy entities like National Enquirer, Globe, and sister agencies in Halcyon City and the like.

21. - Top - End - #21

NinjaGuy

When the journalist repeats her name something clicks in the back of Horizon's mind. I thought that name sounded familiar. She's a reporter for that paper no one reads. I'll just give her the answers she wants and be on my way. Horizon allows himself to relax a bit before responding to Veronica's questions.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you Ms.Talley.", he offers her hand. "I can't say I've had the opportunity to go head to head with a speedster before today but I'm not exactly slow myself. That being said, I've learned a lot from my encounter with Gran Rapid today and if we're to ever cross paths again rest assured things will play out differently." Horizon resists the urge to look back through the window he just stepped out of as he finishes his sentence.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Siren preens in front of the camera and carefully explains what happened, using all the tricks her father and grandfather had taught her over the years on how to talk to the media and not look or sound like a complete fool or get misquoted later. She wraps up her explanation and smiles at the camera one last time before delicately extracting herself from Adrianna and gently floating down towards the camera crew surrounding Horizon and waits patiently for him to finish his interview.

Show
    Persuasion (if needed to escape from Adrianna): 7

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Horizon:

Veronica's eyes flicker to the shattered window behind you before returning to you, boring in. "So, how did it feel coming to the assistance of an A-tier hero? What lead you to intervene? Did you feel like the pro couldn't handle it?"

Team:
    Spoiler: OOC: Handling the Press
    Show

Roll +a Label to determine how well you navigate the interview as a whole.
    Roll +Danger to attempt to dissuade further entanglements with the press.
    Roll +Freak to encourage further entanglements with the press.
    Roll +Savior to paint yourself as a 'proper hero' and be portrayed favorably in the story.
    Roll +Superior to ensure you navigate most astutely, not providing any bad soundbites, and successfully dodge the question about being a power couple.
    Roll +Mundane to relegate the interview to B-Roll.

On a hit, you do it. On a 10+, mark Potential or gain +1 on an end of session Move
    On a miss, you goof.

Once you're done, what do you do? The press has stopped.... pressing you. Where do you go? who do you see? what do you do?

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot:
    Show

End of Session (a Week for our warm-up)
    Horizon and Siren both gain 2 experience + any converted Bennies.
    Your adventure cards are discarded and replaced by...

Horizon is dealt "Unexpected Insight" - Your character watched or read something about a nonhuman creature he's currently fighting. He knows one of its weaknesses or, if it has none, adds +2 to his attack and damage rolls against this type of creature for the remainder of the session.

Siren is dealt "Last Stand" - Your hero and adjacent allies gain +2 Parry and Toughness. Allies who move into range after the card is played gain the bonus as well. The effect ends when a Joker is dealt.

Bennies are replenished! Siren and Horizon each gain 1 Benny +/- any Edges or Hindrances
    The Team Pool remains at 4.

24. - Top - End - #24

NinjaGuy

Veronica's eyes flicker to the shattered window behind you before returning to you, boring in. "So, how did it feel coming to the assistance of an A-tier hero? What lead you to intervene? Did you feel like the pro couldn't handle it?"
    "To be honest with you I just happened to be nearby when I overheard the commotion so I did what any hero would and answered the call."

That's what I was supposed to say there right?, he asks Siren mentally.

"When I arrived on the scene it appeared to me that Granite Griffin and Siren had the situation under control. However the prospect of pinning down Gran Rapid coupled with minimizing casualties and mitigating damage seemed to be too heavy of a burden for any one hero to bear alone, which is why I decided to step in."

Just as Veronica begins her next round of questioning Horizon pushes back a sleeve of his jumpsuit and pretends to give a quick glance at a non-existent wristwatch before pulling the sleeve down and backing up into the wall behind him. "While I would love to stay and talk with you some more it looks like I'm a little short on time at the moment. Maybe we can pick this back another day?" He places a foot against the wall and then stands parallel to the street before walking backwards towards the rooftop. "See you around!", Horizon turns on his heels and promptly departs towards the rooftop as he waves goodbye over a shoulder.

"So that was a lot more stressful than I thought it was going to be...", he says to Siren when he finally reaches the top of the building.

Show
    Handling the Press

Roll +Freak: 11

Horizon marks +1 Potential!

Horizon gains 2 EXP!

Horizon lost "Last Stand" and was dealt "Unexpected Insight"!

Horizon gained +1 Benny!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

You did great, Siren replies to him. She waits until he's gotten to the top of the building before starting towards the other side, away from the press. She gently floats down to the alleyway at the bottom, and then disengages her costume with the press of a button on her bracelet. The material seems to almost turn into a liquid as it's sucked back into the bracelet, leaving Emilia back in her civilian clothes.

"So, what do you say we actually get lunch?" Emilia asks Arthur. "I know a great place a few streets over. It has the best Rubens I've ever tasted."

Show
    +Savior to engage with the press: 7

Siren gains a benny and 2 XP!
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-04-27 at 09:42 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

"So, what do you say we actually get lunch?" Emilia asks Arthur. "I know a great place a few streets over. It has the best Rubens I've ever tasted."
    Horizon promptly removes his jumpsuit revealing his casual wear underneath, then dons his converses after stowing his boots and gloves away in his bag. Once everything is in it's place Arthur hops over the edge of roof and slides down the surface of the building to join Emilia in the alleyway.

"Lunch?", Arthur responds in surprise. "Uh... y-yeah, food sounds really good now that you mention it. I know of a place nearby with great window seating but they're probably not taking any more customers for lunch anyway. Do you know if your place makes a good philly?" He chuckles as he rubs the back of his neck with a free hand. Arthur pauses when his fingers brush the band of his goggles and quickly tucks them into his backpack before exiting the alleyway. His untidy hair resumes observing the laws of gravity and obscures his eyes once again.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Correcting Mistakes:
    Show

I'm a bad gm

More Session changeover things

Team:
    Did you grow closer to the team, into your own self image, or away from the team.

Explain how your Teammate made you feel welcome or Detached, or how you see yourself after recent events and resolve accordingly. Remember you both have Influence over each other, so if you grow closer to the team, the other person immediately shifts your labels.

Horizon:
    At the end of every session, answer the question: Did you make progress on defeating your nemesis? If the answer is yes, mark Potential. If the answer is no, mark the Doom Track.

Siren:
    You would normally get a Pass on the Legacy question, because moving from the alleyway to a diner isn't a huge passage of time, but this is a 2 week warmup game SO!
    Consult your teammate and have him answer these 3 questions, take a -1 for each "no" he gives then roll +Savior
    1) Have you been upholding the traditions of your legacy?
    2) Have you maintained the image of your legacy?
    3) have you made the other members of your legacy proud?

Team:

Traffic and life have already returned to normal on every street adjacent to the bank. It probably wasn't even the only meta-brawl on some people's morning commute. You pass through the crowded streets and arrive at Emilia's suggestion "Hankerin' Hank's Grubatoriam and Eatery"

It has some cafeteria style, rubber coated metal tables with umbrellas for outdoor seating, as well as regular casual restaurant booths and tables inside.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"Let me clarify," Emilia says as they enter the shop. "They have the best sandwiches I've ever tasted."

She orders a Ruben for herself and a Philly cheese steak for Arthur and pays for them, waving at Hank behind the counter. She finds a table and bring their number over to it and sits, then takes out her phone to check it. She had a missed call from her dad, yikes. And... a text from Olivia, her older sister, aka Vibrato, a villain that had been terrorizing the city for the last few years.

Hey Emi, the text said. I saw your interview. Let me know if you want to give up on this hero nonsense. You know I would always accept you.

Emilia pauses for a moment and starts to type up a reply, then deletes it and puts her phone away, sighing. "So Arthur, since we're hanging out, is there anything you want to do after lunch? I'm free until 5 today. After that I have to meet my mom for dinner."

Show
    I think that Emilia has grown into her own self image. Savior up, Danger down, after the fight that we had with the villains. She managed to take out most of the villains and kept damage to a minimum, in her eyes.

Legacy Roll: 11
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2021-04-28 at 07:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

NinjaGuy

"The best?" Arthur raises an eyebrow in curiosity. "Well there's only one way to test that..." He takes a seat across from Emilia and thanks her for covering the bill though he insists that he should be the one to leave the tip.

The moment Emilia takes out her phone to check it, Arthur removes the box containing his newly purchased collectible and a pair of hobby clippers from his bag and begins assembling the toy top.

Emilia pauses for a moment and starts to type up a reply, then deletes it and puts her phone away, sighing. "So Arthur, since we're hanging out, is there anything you want to do after lunch? I'm free until 5 today. After that I have to meet my mom for dinner."
    Already engrossed in his work, it takes Arthur a moment to register the fact that he's being addressed before he responds. "Oh! Uh... y-yeah, actually I was planning on conducting some field work at the park this afternoon if you were interested in coming along?" He casts a glance up at Emilia through his hair.

Show
    Team: Did you grow closer to the team, into your own self image, or away from the team?

I feel that Arthur has grown closer to the team after this encounter. While he was involved in the confrontation he fully acknowledges that without Siren on the scene things would've went sideways faster than Gran Rapid can move, and that's FAST. Knowing that he has a partner like Siren that he can count on helps make his transition into the role of a hero a much lighter burden to bear.

At the end of every session, answer the question: Did you make progress on defeating your nemesis? If the answer is yes, mark Potential. If the answer is no, mark the Doom Track.

No. Arthur marks one box on the Doom Track.

Siren

1) Have you been upholding the traditions of your legacy?
    - Yes!

2) Have you maintained the image of your legacy?
    - Yes!

3) Have you made the other members of your legacy proud?
    - No idea!
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2021-04-28 at 07:41 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

To make it official, I'm going to call the warm up game off here, it's served it's purpose, I feel ready and able to write and post again for the real game, and I need to start prepping that OP for our high school group.

/thread.