New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: WFRP 2.0 The Haunting IC

Jasmine finishes throwing the fallen cutlery in the sack before pushing it over towards Magnar and says, "Stick somethin' heavy on this so it don't get up, OK?" Then she sits on the floor clutching her wound for a few minutes while Pickles whines worriedly at her. She doesn't know the first thing about stitching up wounds.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

'We can always rest here for a while and see what happens.' Varnya is going to lean for the table for a few minutes until she felt better. 'Is anyone not hurt? They can go first. No more opening doors at random.'

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I have a few cuts and bruises," Magnar said, "but nothing like you guys. We have to get out and get you to a doctor or a priest of Shalya."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

'Alright then.' Varnya sighs 'I can't see this town to be large enough to have either.' Assuming we get out of here. 'What do the rest of you reckon. Do we open all the remaining doors and wedge them open with something heavy? Some of these rooms must be more important then others.'

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

Goblin

Wheezing heavily, Helmut shakes his head.

"I'm... inclined to disagree. Seems like... that would just... bring down more abominations on us."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I'll have a look around this room and check our inventory for something we might have overlooked," Magnar suggested, "while you can rest a bit more."
    He looked around the room, checking things out and taking anything of value. He wasn't going to leave a worshipper of Chaos anything if he could help it. Then he looked at what they had found for any clue as to how to get out of the house.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Roll an Evaluate Test.

Magnar beckoned the rest of the party to empty their bags and pockets of anything found in the house. He then went around the room gathering up anything he thought was of value. Various silver platters and utensils were gathered into a pile. To this were added crystal goblets, two large decorative crystal water jugs, and china place settings with three plates apiece. On top of all of it Magnar placed a silver soup tureen.

Spoiler: Conditional Text
    Show

Assuming everyone cooperates the following would be added to what Magnar gathered from the current room.
    Magnar- Silver Goblets,
    Varyna- Book of Poetry, Key carved of bone, bottle of alcohol
    Jasmine-Jar of Tobacco, silver cigarettes case, sandalwood box,
    Helmut- I don't believe the Zealot has taken anything from this place of evil.
    please correct any omissions.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jasmine cheers up at the thought of escaping with their loot and shows Magnar what she's taken. "Granny'll help take care of these for us, if'n you wants ta get some cold coin for it."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

'Something to pay the surgeon with.' Varnya is reluctant to take anything from a place like this, but perhaps it was better then the alternative. She will uncork the bottle and if it seemed to smell like alcohol she will give it a swig to try and numb some of the pain. 'Whatever we're doing we can't stay here. Maybe we listen at the other doors until we hear any noise.'

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"For sure," Magnar said, "although it doesn't always work. Well, let's go and have a look at the other doors to see if we can find a way out."

He put all the stuff back in his backpack and headed back to the hall to see if there was a way out.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Varyna with a very quick glance points out how the "silver" is simply silver-plated with a duller black metal appearing through several nicks in the plating. She does note that the large Crystal water jugs should fetch around 15gc apiece with a fair trader. Unfortunately the china settings are also cheap imitations not worth the bother of keeping. The group decides that they should go and listen outside another door to see if they hear anything before opening it.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

There are four different sets of doors to try in an alcove opening on the Southern wall of the hallway that runs East to West. Doors A: a set of double doors located on the Southern wall. Door B: A single door on the West wall. Door C: The Northern door on the Eastern wall. Door D: The Southern door on the Eastern wall. Which door do people listen at and roll a perception check for your listening?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Magnar listens at all doors in turn, trying to hear any creatures, or even better, a door that clearly goes outside. While clearing out the minions of chaos is important, with a lot of people wounded, they could do it better by getting outside and then simply burning the place.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

perception door A: (1d100)[95] vs 31
    perception door B: (1d100)[76] vs 31
    perception door C: (1d100)[5] vs 31
    perception door D: (1d100)[28] vs 31

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

'At this point I'd take a window or a staircase.'

Spoiler
    Show

Can I identify the black metal. Or can I tell if it's warpstone when I see it.
    Trade Smith +10
    vs. Int 42
    (1d100)[86]

Per rolls vs. Int 42
    A
    (1d100)[72]
    B
    (1d100)[81]
    C
    (1d100)[61]
    D
    (1d100)[5]

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Magnar listens intently at each door however nothing is heard behind any of them. And Varyna determines the black metal underneath the silver plating to be some form of oxidized metal alloy nothing as unusual as warpstone or the like.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hopes somewhat dashed by the revelation that these were cheap, shoddy goods, Jasmine tries to put her ear to the bottom of the door, hoping to hear movement, or wind, or.. anything other than the pounding of her heart...
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-04-05 at 08:33 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

The halfling hears only her soft heartbeat and silence from beyond the doors.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Hopes somewhat dashed by the revelation that these were cheap, shoddy goods, Jasmine tries to put her ear to the bottom of the door, hoping to hear movement, or wind, or.. anything other than the pounding of her heart...
    'It's better this way. If you found gold in here there's no reason to think there's not something seriously wrong with it.' Varnya is going to pick the larger double doors and slowly ease them open.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

This set of double doors are made of iron shod black wood with leering gargoyle faces carved on the panels. When Varyna tries to push open the doors they appear locked in place. At the center of the doors is keyhole. It appears about the correct size for the skeleton key the party has found.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I think that key will work," Magnar said, "if one of you opens the doors, I'll stand ready with my hammer just in case. Just unlock and open slightly, and I'll kick it the rest of the way."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    "I think that key will work," Magnar said, "if one of you opens the doors, I'll stand ready with my hammer just in case. Just unlock and open slightly, and I'll kick it the rest of the way."
    'Done. We can always backtrack.' Varnya will unlock the doors and get out of the way.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As soon as the doors were open, Magnar kicked one in and looked inside, using the other door as partial cover, just in case.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Behind the double doors was wooden spiral staircase leading up both to the right and to the left. A low stream of unnatural mist from a landing halfway up the stairs cascades down the steps fading away before reaching the bottom of the steps by the adventurers. A faint ticking is heard from above like that of a clock.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Magnar moved forward cautiously, weapon ready, looking around (and also above). He was sure there was something, but he didn't immediately see it.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Varnya will check to see if the staircase looked stable before following Magnar. 'Any problems we come back here. It ought to be easier to defend assuming everything's normal.

Spoiler
    Show

Perception vs. Int 42
    (1d100)[4]

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Do you want to go into the creepy evil mist or away from it?" Jasmine asks. "I vote away. Unless you wanna go first."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

As Magnar climbed the steps the billowing smoke wrapped around him in wisps obscuring him from view for those still at the bottom landing. Varnya tentatively follows up after him before he vanishes in the smoke completely. Jasmine turns to Helmut asking
    "Do you want to go into the creepy evil mist or away from it?" Jasmine asks. "I vote away. Unless you wanna go first."
    The two dwarfs reach a wide landing halfway up the stairs. Smoke roiling around them they catch a glimpse of a giant hour glass with fine golden sand trickling through to the bottom. Above the hourglass hangs a clock that shows the time as being 11 o'clock. The clock lets out a slow but steady clicking.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Varnya is not entirely worried, or at least isn't sure they have a choice. She'll sniff the smoke to see if she can tell what it is. 'Might just be from a fire somewhere. If anyone starts to have trouble breathing say something.' She will go ahead of Jasmine. 'If it's the house doing that I'd say the worst has already happened just by us being in here.'

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

The dwarves pause at the platform halfway up and wait to see what the others do. The strange mist wisps around the two stout figures. It brings an icy chill where it brushes up against their exposed skin. A thin layer of condensation starts forming on any metal armor or weapons.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"You still alive up there?" shouts Jasmine. After a few moments, pending a response, she shivers at the thought of being left alone and heads up after them.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

"You still alive up there?" shouts Jasmine. After a few moments, pending a response, she shivers at the thought of being left alone and heads up after them.
    'So far. It's just bloody cold up here.' Varnya will look around to see if the mist is coming from anywhere in particular. Otherwise she'll check to see if there's any heat coming off the light sources up here. If it felt like it was getting noticeably colder she'll head for the stairs.