New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (D20M/D&D 3.5) Modern Military vs D&D Play Thread, Match 1.

Spoiler: Rolls as Requested
    Show
    damage for Foerth’s arrows:
    (2d6+3)[14]
    (2d6+3)[9]

Foerth’s two arrows strike Conrad with greater impact than expected, dealing a total of 23 points of damage.

damage for Il Rob’s waraxe:
    (1d10+6)[8]

Fort save:
    Il Rob: (1d20+9)[16]

Il Rob shrugs off the yzobu’s oily odor, but his axe only gouges Maddog rather than delivering the mighty stroke the dwarf had intended.

Spoiler: Question for DM
    Show
    Did Mott's shot also hit?

I should also point out that Spider, at AA28, can see a peculiar creature flying out of the swirling snowflakes. It's roughly the size of a small cat, with four reddish-leathery wings beating at the cold air, and Spider can tell it's heading straight for her.

Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-27 at 09:47 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler: Roleplay
    Show

Scope: Conrad you bastard! Your semtex put my nesting tree on fire!
    Conrad: Sorry blondie, but this was the only way to slow this medieval guy down.
    Len: Shut up both of you! Scope, move to another tree on the west, and keep the one you found first occupied.
    Scope: Negative, sir. Permission to neutralize the guy with the sword.
    Len: Authorized, but still get down before fire catches you.
    Scope: On it, sir.
    Len: Conrad, stop using explosives for now, just shoot at this knight.
    Conrad: Yes sir!
    Len: Maddog, don't burn anything for now, you might hit Scope and Conrad. Just bash him in a teeth!
    Maddog: He-he... I will!
    Spider: Guys, there is some overgrown mosquito coming right to me. Can you assist?
    Len: Damn, you are on the other side. Okay, Conrad, forget the knight, move to the south and help Spider!
    Conrad: Ah... will do!
    Len: Hold on, Spider, Conrad is coming to help you.
    Spider: Thanks guys!
    Scope: Wait, what the... some kind of mutant just rolled out of nowhere. And it stinks like Hell!
    Len: Ignore it for now, everyone! Just concentrate on the knight!

Spoiler: Starting positions
    Show

Scope: N31
    Len: P34
    Spider: AA28
    Conrad: S32
    Maddog: P31

Enemy stinking creature: O29
    Enemy with sword and shield: In a cell adjacent to Maddog
    Enemy mosquito: X19
    Enemy found first: H7 (if still there)

Spoiler: Invaders move
    Show

Scope: Move to N25. If climbing takes part of move action, the as close to this cell as possible, while still be able to also make attack move. Attack using Pistol on the guy with the sword.
    Len: Don't move. Attack guy with sword if he's alive. If dead, shoot on stinking mutant.
    Spider: Move to Z23. Attack mosquito.
    Conrad: If mosquito is alive: Move to X32. Attack mosquito with Steyr. If dead, don't move, attack knight with Steyr. If knight is dead, don't move, attack mutant with Steyr..
    Maddog: If knight is alive. Don't move, attack knight with metal baton. If knight is dead, move to adjacent cell with mutant, attack with baton.

Spoiler: Rolls in advance
    Show

Fortitude saves
    Scope: (1d20+3)[13](13)
    Len: (1d20+2)[20](20)
    Spider: (1d20+6)[20](20)
    Conrad: (1d20+3)[7](7)
    Maddog: (1d20+7)[9](9)

Attack and damage:
    Scope
    Attack roll: (1d20+6)[13](13)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+6)[12](12)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+6)[12](12)
    Damage: (2d6)[4][6](10)

Len
    Attack roll: (1d20+3)[2](2)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+3)[13](13)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+3)[8](8)
    Damage: (2d8)[3][2](5)

Spider
    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[10](10)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+5)[2](2)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+5)[4](4)
    Damage: (2d8)[6][3](9)

Conrad
    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[4](4)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+5)[12](12)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+5)[10](10)
    Damage: (2d8)[2][2](4)

Maddog
    Attack roll: (1d20+4)[18](18)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+4)[1](1)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+4)[19](19)
    Damage: (1d6)[4](4)

Something is strange here. Does the dice roller actually adds modifiers? How come I get 1d20+X rolls actually LESS then X+1?
    If modifiers aren't actually added, please don't forget to add them on your own.
    Last edited by Edreyn; 2020-11-27 at 02:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

That is really weird. I'd assumed it added modifiers, because, well, that's what a die roller should do.

Test roll(doesn't mean anything, just testing modifiers) (1d20+21)[38]

Will resume in morning, out of it, but wanted to test this quick, and hope nothing got thrown too far off as a result.

Edit: That seems an appropriate result, I have no idea why the other roll had a result lower than the modifier. That's exceptionally odd.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-28 at 01:10 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Just in Case...
    Show
    Not sure if Mott's crossbow shot hit its target (Spider at AA28), but if so here's the damage:

Mott: (1d8)[5]

Also, he's firing a tanglebolt, so if it hits there will be some effects from that.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, quick update, might be able to get on tonight, definitely can get on tomorrow.

I don't have a better understanding of why the dice roller is doing that, but if you're concerned about the reliability, you can simply roll 1d20, and put the amount needed to be added to it alongside, and I'll do the quick math. I'm going to treat this batch of moves as not having the modifier added, because there are no results that only make sense that way, and there are results that only make sense the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler: Just in Case...
    Show
    Not sure if Mott's crossbow shot hit its target (Spider at AA28), but if so here's the damage:

Mott: [roll0]

Also, he's firing a tanglebolt, so if it hits there will be some effects from that.
    Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Appreciated, though I'm afraid Mott's shot misses.

Not spoilering the results of Edryen's actions, as visibility is pretty clear at this point to all. Len, Scope and Spider shake off the foul odor, but the others are have less stout stomachs, and suffer the -2 penalty from the sickness.

Scope draws a handgun and advances to N25, firing at the axe-wielding fellow(10 damage). (climbing unnecessary, you can drop as a free action) (You specified sword wielding, but I believe you mean the axe wielder charging you? Let me know if incorrect)

Len also fires on the axe-bearing attacker, but is less successful, the bullets kicking up puffs of snow.

Spider moves to Z23 and fires on the oversized mosquito-creature, but it's fast speed makes for a hard target, and it only just manages to dodge.

Conrad moves to X32 to provide some fire support on the mosquito, but has no more luck with it than Spider did.

Maddog starts beating the knight with a metal baton, the loud clangs echoing off the armor as he strikes repeatedly(4 damage).

I believe that's everything prior to Palanan's turn!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post

I don't have a better understanding of why the dice roller is doing that, but if you're concerned about the reliability, you can simply roll 1d20, and put the amount needed to be added to it alongside, and I'll do the quick math. I'm going to treat this batch of moves as not having the modifier added, because there are no results that only make sense that way, and there are results that only make sense the other way.
    Sorry for inferring here. I was interested in this fight (and the discussion preceding it) so I was reading along.

The dice roller in the forum has multiple options and I think, the wrong was used.

If you use the code (roll=to hit)1d20+5(/roll) you should get the result you expect. (One number displayed, including the mod +5)
    Using (rollv=dmg)2d6+2(roll) would give you three numbers instead, the individual results and the sum, but without the mod.

(You need to replace the ( ) with [ ] )

In short, normally you should use roll, but if you need to know the individual results, rollv

I hope you don't mind my input.
    Have fun!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Wentu finishes his Summon Nature’s Ally II, and a wolf appears at AA50. The wolf will take a Run action to close the distance to Spider, ending at Z24 (directly adjacent to her space at Z23) and snarling aggressively, preparing to attack from behind. The wolf’s AC is 14, hp 13, and this is the first of five rounds it will be active. Note the wolf is providing a flanking bonus to the stirge attacking Spider.

Meanwhile Wentu, still invisible, will take wing and fly towards the central rock formation, ending his movement at approx. 40’ above Z45. Seeing Conrad atop the rock formation, Wentu will cast Call Lighting, thus rendering himself visible.

Attack:
    Call Lightning vs. Conrad: (3d6)[13] damage

Conrad can make a Reflex save against DC 16 for half damage.

Still at H7, Foerth will take two more shots with Rapid Shot, this time firing at Scope in N25:

Attack:
    Foerth vs. Scope: (1d20+13)[17]
    Foerth vs. Scope: (1d20+13)[26]

Meanwhile, Foerth’s yzobu will plow past Il Rob and attack Len at P34 with its gore attack and armor spikes.

Attack:
    Yzobu vs. Len (gore attack): (1d20+12)[20]
    Yzobu vs. Len (armor spikes): (1d20+13)[24]

Struck by Scope’s small-arms fire, Il Rob cries out in pain, but with intense focus he will swing his waraxe at Maddog again.

Attack:
    Il Rob vs. Maddog: (1d20+10)[16]

Il Rob’s AC is back up to 26.

Hearing Il Rob’s bellow of pain, Jevicca, still invisible, will finish her SNA III and run forward, using the Run action to reach S22, where she remains invisible and silent, watching the melee with Il Rob and the invaders.

Meanwhile, Jevicca’s SNA III, a cheetah, will materialize at O14 and use its Sprint ability to tear across the battlefield and make a bite attack on Scope at N25.

Attack:
    Cheetah vs. Scope: (1d20+8)[10]

If the attack hits, the cheetah will also have the chance for a trip attempt. The cheetah has AC 15, hp 19, and this is the first of five rounds it will be active.

The stirge, meanwhile, moves from X19 to Z22, directly adjacent to Spider’s position at Z23, and makes a melee touch attack to attach itself to Spider:

Melee Touch Attack:
    Stirge vs. Spider: (1d20+9)[23]

Note the stirge is receiving a flanking bonus from the summoned wolf. If the stirge hits, it will attach and begin draining blood from Spider, which is a nice irony given her specialty. This is the second of five rounds the stirge will be active.

Meanwhile, Mott will move to S9 and take a shot at Conrad on top of the rocks at X32.

Attack:
    Mott vs. Conrad: (1d20+5)[15]

And Arundel will continue scanning in case any other hostiles are sneaking about:

Perception:
    Arundel: (1d20+5)[20]

Spoiler: Important Addendum
    Show
    During the last round, I forgot to add Foerth's favored enemy bonus to his damage rolls against Conrad. That was my oversight, but if I had added the bonus appropriately it would have been an extra +4 for each arrow, meaning 23+8 or 31 points of damage all told for Conrad.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-28 at 05:39 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

BardGuy

Should I post my moves?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

I may have some damage to roll--waiting on the DM to confirm.

EDIT: Online now and standing by.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-29 at 12:38 PM.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks Rogan, hopefully that helps explain what's goin' on with Edreyn's role.

All:
    A wolf lunges from the woods to the east, charging up to attack Spider(occupying Z24). It hasn't been able to do so yet, but that and the horrible mosquito-monster are clearly intending something awful for her. The stirge(mosquito monster) is successful in it's attack(1 con damage)

The owl reappears, flying, in Z45, amid a literal clap of thunder and lightening, which strikes Conrad for 13 damage(Reflex DC16 for half)

Two more arrows wing their way in towards Scope, one of which embeds itself into the tree, the other of which strikes him. (13 damage)

The yzobu charges, striking Len twice(15 and 12 damage, respectively).

The axe-man, shouting in pain, swings with the axe and misses.

A cheetah also appears, charging, and biting ineffectually at Scope.

Edreyn: After damage, your turn. There is a correction to the damage inflicted last round to Conrad via arrow. The total damage should be eight higher. In the interest of not backtracking, you can simply add it at the end of your action.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-29 at 04:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    damage for Foerth’s arrow on Scope:
    (2d6+7)[13]

damage for yzobu attacks on Len:
    gore: (1d8+7)[15]
    armor spikes: (1d8+7)[12]

The stirge does no hp damage, but its proboscis sucks out a sudden surge of blood, draining 1 Con from Spider.

Spoiler: DM Question
    Show
    In the next round, the wolf will make a trip attack on Spider. In Pathfinder, the trip attack is an attack roll against the target's Combat Maneuver Defense. For Spider, that will be her BAB plus Str and Dex modifiers, plus 10. Her total CMD will probably be around 15-20, so it might be worth asking Edreyn to calculate that up front, unless D20 Modern has a different approach. This is one of those potential rules issues that we were hoping to uncover.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-29 at 02:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Damage edited into the above post for clarity. For stuff like that, that's going to be visible to everyone, no need to spoiler it, really.

With regards to how attacks targetting CMD work, it seems 3.5 and D20M both use the concept of provoking an AoO, making an unarmed str/dex check, followed by a str check opposed by dex or strength(defender's choice). That probably works with both, with any situational equipment/feat/etc things that boost CMB/CMD applying to that as normal per the 3.5 rules. 3.5 Improved Trip/Unarmed Strike/etc all remove the AoO step, so that probably translates between them all. Does that seem like a reasonable standard to use for all?
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-29 at 05:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
    Damage edited into the above post for clarity. For stuff like that, that's going to be visible to everyone, no need to spoiler it, really.
    Okay, fair enough.

Since Conrad is highly visible to just about everyone on Team Faerûn, can they get a sense of how badly injured he is? By my count he’s taken 44 points of damage so far (two enhanced arrows and a bolt of lightning) and it would be helpful to have a rough idea of whether he's still rare or getting on towards well-done.

Does that seem like a reasonable standard to use for all?
    I’m okay with just about any framework you’re comfortable using, just wanted to be sure the two systems were compatible.

14. - Top - End - #104

BardGuy

Now it gets really complex. Any chance to know where my enemies are positioned? Maybe mark them on the map?
    And yeah, how much HP Conrad lost? Is he still alive?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Edreyn, I hear you about the positions and the difficulty in visualizing them. If I can find some time today I'll work up a basic map and send it to the DM, and maybe he can post it for us.

As for damage, Conrad took a total of 31 points from the two arrows the previous round. He's just been hit by lightning, so it looks like he needs to make a Reflex save against DC 16 for half damage. If he makes the save, that's an additional 6 points for 37 damage. If he fails the save, the full damage from the lightning is 13 points, which added to the 31 from last round would be 44 points all told.

16. - Top - End - #106

BardGuy

Even 37 is much above his HP, so the guy is no longer with us in any case. Will write for others tomorrow.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, looking forward to seeing what the others do.

18. - Top - End - #108

BardGuy

I knew I needed to finish of this owl.
    That's from me OOC, since heroes know nothing about druids and summoning.

Also, thank you Palanan, for the detailed map!

Open roleplay:
    Pierced by arrows, Conrad collapses. He tries to say something, but instead chokes with his blood and just gasps helplessly. After a few moments he gets silent and still.

Show

Scope: Damn, they killed Conrad!
    Maddog: Bastards!
    Spider: I have no choice but say it: beasts are way to organized! They seem to be intelligent, maybe even on our level!
    Scope: What kind of wasp nest we disturbed?
    Len: Like hell I know!
    Scope: What we do, Commander?!
    Len: If we want get back alive, we must deal with all those smart-beasts! Scope, take higher position again. Maddog, get back on the higher groiund and burn those ^&%$#*@!
    Scope: Yes, commander.
    Maddog: I hope it works!
    Spider: And me, sir?
    Len: I know you are unskilled with that, but it's our only chance! Try to get on the hill and get Conrad's stuff!
    Spider: Ah, hell...

Show

Scope: N25
    Len: P34
    Spider: Z23
    Conrad: X32 (Dead)
    Maddog: P31

Show

Scope: Move to R27. Fall prone or sit, high enough to see "knight" but not higher. Attack the "knight".
    Len: Move to U35 (climb). Use medical kit on himself. Lie prone. If fails to climb, still use a medical kit.
    Spider: Move (climb and run) to X28. Attack "knight" if he's alive and can see him. If not, attack flying creature. If fails to climb, attack nearest creature. Fall prone.
    Maddog: Move to R31. Shoot a cone of fire facing north.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

I don't remember the rules for attack of opportunity, so please roll them yourself. I assume all soldiers provoke them.

Scope:
    Dodging attack of opportunity: please roll yourself.
    Attack: (roll)1d20+6(/roll)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (roll)1d20+6(/roll)
    Attack 3 if both are 20: (roll)1d20+6(/roll)
    Damage: (roll)2d10(/roll)

Len:
    Climb: (roll)1d20-1(/roll)
    Heal skill: (roll)1d20+4(/roll) Don't know if the kit gives bonus, check please.

Spider:
    Climb: (roll)1d20(/roll)
    Attack: (roll)1d20+5(/roll)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (roll)1d20+5(/roll)
    Attack 3 if both are 20: (roll)1d20+5(/roll)
    Damage: (roll)2d8(/roll)

Maddog:
    Climb: (roll)1d20(/roll)
    Attack: (roll)1d20+4(/roll)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (roll)1d20+4(/roll)
    Attack 3 if both are 20: (roll)1d20+4(/roll)
    Damage: (roll)3d6(/roll)

Rolls don't work. Will make another post with them.
    Last edited by Edreyn; 2020-12-02 at 11:29 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109

BardGuy

Show

I don't remember the rules for attack of opportunity, so please roll them yourself. I assume all soldiers provoke them.

Scope:
    Attack: (1d20+6)[10](10)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (1d20+6)[9](9)
    Attack 3 if both are 20: (1d20+6)[16](16)
    Damage: (2d10)[6][10](16)

Len:
    Climb: (1d20-1)[18](18)
    Heal skill: (1d20+4)[14](14) Don't know if the kit gives bonus, check please.

Spider:
    Climb: (1d20)[8](8)
    Attack: (1d20+5)[9](9)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (1d20+5)[20](20)
    Attack 3 if both are 20: (1d20+5)[14](14)
    Damage: (2d8)[5][4](9)

Maddog:
    Climb: (1d20)[11](11)
    Attack: (1d20+4)[8](8)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (1d20+4)[16](16)
    Attack 3 if both are 20: (1d20+4)[12](12)
    Damage: (3d6)[6][1][3](10)

Dice roller hates me.
    Though I still think mods aren't applied.
    Tyndmyr, maybe you just for me yourself? That way you'll know what is correct and what isn't.
    Last edited by Edreyn; 2020-12-02 at 11:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

I appreciate the detailed minimap, it helps!

Rules stuffs: Largely, you're only going to provoke an AoO when leaving a threatened square(unless using the withdraw action, which ignores this, but allows no other action that turn. Five foot steps, also do not provoke.), I'll check map on those.

As for the rest, it does indeed appear as if modifiers are not added, but no worries, so long as I know that, I can tack 'em on. For RP purposes, there might actually be a significant bleed-out range in D20M, I can check that later out of curiosity, but mechanically, it's not likely to matter to the outcome, so I'll let it be for right now.

AoOs: Note that unless combat reflexes or a similar feat has been taken, each entity can only take one AoO per turn, even if multiples are provoked. I'll let Palanan pick, and declare/roll all AoOs before posting his own turn. Barring successful trip attacks or the like, the movements should still take place, so I'm going to still post a summary of this turn. If a trip attack does work, firing from prone is honestly pretty fine in D20M, so it's not a big deal to just readjust position and continue. If something is taken down by a prior move/attack, it gets no AoO for later attacks, and the following list is in action order.
    List of AoOs provoked(public info):
    Spoiler
    Show

Scope provokes from the big cat.
    Spider provokes attacks from the wolf. (stirge is too small to threaten, and is mostly attached in any case. It is also too small to prevent movement)
    Maddog provokes from both axe-man and Yzobu

Apparently taken somewhat aback by the continual appearance of strange monsters from nowhere, the attacking squad retreats a bit, but does not flee. Instead, they are merely repositioning themselves to better fire on their attackers. Scope, in moving away from his attacker, goes to R27, and attempts to support Maddog, firing and the missing(18 to hit with modifiers) as the armor is surprisingly effective in protecting against bullets. Len moves only a very short distance away before turning to his first aid kit, and successfully bandages his wounds(4 hp restored).

Recognizing the precariousness of his tactical situation, Spider attempts to move from between the monsters flanking him. The bites and horrible whine are distracting, as he doesn't make it very far, stopping at X25, unable to see the rest of his squad. He fires a desperate shot at the mosquito monster sucking blood from him in an attempt to thin out his adversaries as he falls prone, blowing chunks of stirge over the rocky hillside, killing it.

Maddog moves out from being surrounded as well, attempting to retreat from the foul smelling monster and also the strange oxen. While both attack him again as he repositions(R31), and fires a stream of flame north through the area he just vacated, attempting to light both of his enemies aflame(10 damage, DC15 reflex for half). The tree in R31, falling in the path as well, also is hit my the flame, and is set afire, casting a dancing reddish light over the whole affair.

Edreyn:
    Spoiler
    Show

Healing in D20M is a full round action, so the most you could move and still heal is a five foot step, which coincidentally, does not provoke an AoO. I suspected that this was probably most in line with your intent, rather than eating an AoO to move further and not getting to heal. Each person can be successfully healed for 1d4 hp once per day, so if positioning allows, he can attempt it on his fellows, or attempt to use it to save his dead/dying buddy(though this would likely be largely RP rather than immediately helpful, since stabilizing is one action, healing is another, and if he remains in the negatives, as is likely, he would still be knocked out.)

Sorry for the ramble, healing in D20M isn't terribly intuitive.

Stirge oddity(Public information):
    Spoiler
    Show

This is effectively a grapple, as per the Stirge rules, but D20M and 3.5 have somewhat different grappling rules. It doesn't matter a ton in this example, as the size category modifiers granted by D20 modern to dealing damage to a smaller creature in a grapple would largely make this an autokill regardless, so despite the flavoring or exact rules used, the stirge would most definitely be dead, but this is an excellent find for potentially wonky ruleset, thanks!

Palanan, time for AoOs, then apply damage, then to your turn! You're welcome to toss this all into one post if you want, even though there's usually a lot of back and forth with AoOs.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-12-03 at 02:15 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Attacks of Opportunity
    Show
    Cheetah vs. Scope: (1d20+6)[11]
    damage if successful: (1d6+3)[8]

Wolf vs. Spider: (1d20+2)[16]
    damage if successful: (1d6+1)[7]

Yzobu vs. Maddog (gore attack): (1d20+12)[14]
    damage if successful: (1d8+10)[13]

Il Rob vs. Maddog: (1d20+10)[13]
    damage if successful: (1d10+6)[15]

Spoiler: Reflex Saves
    Show
    Il Rob vs. dragon-stick: (1d20+2)[5]
    Yzobu vs. dragon-stick: (1d20+4)[5]

...yeah, no. Il Rob and the yzobu both take 10 points of fire damage.

Spoiler: Continuing
    Show
    Wentu will rise higher, up to approximately 80 feet (or lower if the snow would interfere with visibility) and will use Call Lightning on Len.

Attack:
    Call Lightning vs. Len: (3d6)[11]

Len can make a Reflex save against DC 16 for half damage.

Meanwhile, Wentu’s wolf will follow Spider, attacking her again from Y24. This is the second of five rounds the wolf will be active.

Attack:
    Wolf vs. Spider: (1d20+2)[9]
    damage if successful: (1d6+1)[4]

Foerth sees Scope move to R27, so Foerth moves to N12 and takes two shots at Scope:

Attack:
    Foerth vs. Scope: (1d20+13)[17]
    Foerth vs. Scope: (1d20+13)[27]

damage if successful (Shot 1): (2d6+7)[9]
    damage if successful (Shot 2): (2d6+7)[14]

Meanwhile, the yzobu will turn to attack Maddog with gore and spike attacks, gaining a +2 flanking bonus from Il Rob.

Attack:
    Yzobu vs. Maddog (gore attack): (1d20+12)[13]
    Yzobu vs. Maddog (armor spikes): (1d20+13)[15]

damage if successful: gore: (1d8+3)[4]
    damage if successful: armor spikes: (1d8+7)[15]

Aware that Scope is firing at him, and seeing the yzobu attacking Maddog, Il Rob will turn, move to Q28 and make an attack on Scope:

Attack:
    Il Rob vs. Scope: (1d20+10)[26]
    damage if successful: (1d10+6)[16]

Still invisible at S22, Jevicca will cast Deathwatch, and will examine Scope to see her current condition—in particular, whether Scope is above or below 4 hit points. This spell will last for 50 minutes after casting.

Jevicca’s summoned cheetah will continue attacking Scope, pursuing to R26 and making another bite attack. This is the second of five rounds the cheetah will be active.

Attack:
    Cheetah vs. Scope: (1d20+6)[12]
    damage if successful: (1d6+3)[4]

Discarding the crossbow, Mott takes a double move action to X24, adjacent to Spider at X25, raising his quarterstaff and, in a commanding voice, shouting “Surrender!” He will repeat his command in Draconic, Dwarven and Elven.

And once again, Arundel will continue scanning in case any other hostiles are sneaking about:

Perception:
    Arundel: (1d20+5)[19]

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Once again I forgot to include an additional +4 on Foerth’s damage. His second shot clearly hit, so Scope has taken a minimum of 14+4 = 18 damage.

If the first shot also hits, that’s an additional 9+4 = 13 damage, or 31 damage total.

Also, Il Rob pretty definitely hit Scope and maxed out his damage, so that’s another 16 points on top of the above, for a grand total of either 34 or 47 points.

Spoiler: Also...
    Show
    Maddog moves out from being surrounded as well, attempting to retreat from the foul smelling monster and also the strange oxen.
    Is this an anti-dwarven comment?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-12-04 at 12:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112

BardGuy

So, what's happening? Is there anyone still alive among the team of my poor innocent invaders?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Depends on how many hit points Scope and Len have left. Waiting on the DM for an update.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Oh my, quite a turn!

AoOs:
    All attacks dodged without a hitch!

The owl spirals upward to an altitude of 80 feet, another bolt of lightning smashing down on Len(11 damage, DC 16 reflex for half), while an arrow soars in from Foerth to strike Scope(14 damage), while another goes awry.

Maddog is attacked by the smelly ox-creature, though he takes no damage from it and Il Rob joins the assault on poor Scope(18 damage), dropping the poor fellow into bleedout(might actually be dead, but definitely well into bleedout and out of this fight either way). The cheetah pauses to take a bite out of the unlucky sniper, adding further injury to the helpless target(8 damage, due to auto-crit).

The crossbowman throws down his crossbow, and shouts something incomprehensible in a strong, imperative tone of voice. After the briefest of pauses, he repeats his attempt using another word, and finally a third.

Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Scope is definitely under 4hp.

Also, totally was makin' a bit of fun of how modern humans might view a dwarf. =P

Should be good for Edreyn's turn!

25. - Top - End - #115

BardGuy

Again, please write how much HP everyone lost. You can do rolls for reflex yourself, if you agree.
    And also, is axe wielding guy still standing? He got quite a few hits.
    Last edited by Edreyn; 2020-12-06 at 07:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Edreyn
    Again, please write how much HP everyone lost.
    According to the damage I rolled, Scope has taken a minimum of 18+16 damage, which is a minimum of 34 points. Apparently the cheetah got in some damage as well—I rolled 4, so that’s at least 38 points all told, if not a little more. It sounds like Scope is unconscious and bleeding out.

Originally Posted by Edreyn
    And also, is axe wielding guy still standing? He got quite a few hits.
    He’s a little singed and bleeding, but very much still on his feet and looking for his next target, probably Maddog.

EDIT: Are we still doing this?

Last edited by Palanan; 2020-12-07 at 09:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117

BardGuy

With a short gasp, the female soldier with the long rifle falls down. A professional sniper, she still wasn't ready to face that many combatants at short range. Scope is dead.

((Again, I could lose track with coordinates, adjust them when I am wrong))

Show

Len: Scope! No!
    Maddog: %$*# this all! The fantasy bastards got us pinned!
    Spider: I assume our survival chances are grim, Commander.
    Len: Everyone, shut up! I am not dying today, at least not without taking some of those medieval bastards with me! Maddog, keep up burning those scoundrels!
    Maddog: See you in Hell, boss!
    Len: Spider, get over here and bandage me. I'll try continuing Conrad's work!

Show

Len: U35
    Spider: X28
    Maddog: R31

Scope (dead): N25
    Conrad (dead): X32

Show

Len: Move to X32 (over dead Conrad). Pick up Conrad's Semtex charge and detonator. Throw Semtex at enemies to the north. Again, lost where enemies are now, but try to get cell that will capture largest number of enemies, and avoid damaging Maddog, if can help it. If can't pick up items and attack at same turn, then after moving use Steyr to attack axe-guy.
    Spider: Move to X31. Heal Len with Medical Kit. If requires full action, then adjust my request as last time.
    Maddog: Use flamethrower to attack enemies to the north, try to catch as many as possible in a cone.

Show

Len:
    Attack if using Steyr: (1d20+3)[10](10)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (1d20+3)[10](10)
    Attack 3 if got 20 twice: (1d20+3)[18](18)

(Don't know how to roll Throwing so do it for me, please)

Damage if Steyr: (2d8)[5][7](12)
    Damage if Semtex: (4d6)[3][5][3][2](13)

Spider:
    Heal: (1d20+10)[20](20)

Maddog:
    Attack 1: (1d20+4)[4](4)
    Attack 2 if got 20: (1d20+4)[14](14)
    Attack 3 if got 20 twice: (1d20+4)[11](11)

Damage: (3d6)[5][6][3](14)

Yeah, dice really HATE me.
    Last edited by Edreyn; 2020-12-08 at 07:07 AM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

OOC: Scope is definitely down, yeah, he took more damage than his total, and then an extra attack as gravy. Also, sorry I've been super slow to respond, work has been a little nuts of late.

Len moves to X32, covering his downed buddy with rifle fire at the axe wielder. None of the rounds connect with his flesh, but the sound of gunshots echoing off the trees is impressive. Spider moves to cover his back, at X31, slapping a hasty bandage on him, healing him for (1d4)[2] hp.

Maddog takes a five foot step directly south to S31, then blasts northward with his flamethrower again, catching everything within five feet of the line extending directly north on the *-31 line for 14 damage, DC 15 reflex for half(The Yzobu). In addition, the tree, unable to dodge, takes full damage, and lights fully on fire, rocking back and forth precariously. A few flaming branches fall to the ground, though nobody is under the burning tree at present.

Palanan: Your go!

Edreyn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, generally picking up weapons eats a move action. So, I'm presuming you want to move there and fire, setting yourself up to grab and attack next turn?

Also, yeah, phew, those rolls are rough. Even adding mods, I think the roller has it out for you. Fortunately, the flamethrower being an area weapon, no attack roll necessary, it's like a fireball, he just saves for half. Unfortunately, they've spread out enough that it's only possible to catch one without dramatically repositioning, needing a climb check, and eating an AoO.

29. - Top - End - #119

BardGuy

Tyndmyr, please, after Palanan makes a move and you write an update, please say how much health everyone has, including damage that was healed. And don't forget to write if my team killed someone at last.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Reflex Save
    Show

Reflex Save:
    Yzobu vs. dragon-stick: (1d20+4)[23]

Spoiler: Attacks of Opportunity
    Show
    So, it looks like Spider has moved from X25 to X31.

Spider started her round at X25. Both Mott and Wentu’s wolf were occupying squares adjacent to Spider, at X24 and Y24 respectively, so when Spider moves to Len’s side, both Mott and the wolf should get attacks of opportunity.

Attack:
    Wolf vs. Spider: (1d20+2)[15]
    damage if successful: (1d6+1)[6]

Attack:
    Mott vs. Spider: (1d20+9)[10]
    damage if successful: (1d6+5)[8]

Spoiler: Continuing
    Show
    Still orbiting at approximately 80 feet, Wentu calls down another lightning bolt, this time on Len. This is the third of the five bolts his spell provides.

Attack:
    Call Lightning vs. Len: (3d6)[14]

From Y24, Wentu’s wolf pursues Spider and attacks her from Y30. This is the third of five rounds the wolf will be active.

Attack:
    Wolf vs. Spider: (1d20+2)[18]
    damage if successful: (1d6+1)[5]

Moving to N16, Foerth takes two shots at Len, who is now highly visible atop the rock formation.

Attack:
    Foerth vs. Len: (1d20+13)[24]
    Foerth vs. Len: (1d20+13)[29]

damage if successful (Shot 1): (2d6+11)[20]
    damage if successful (Shot 2): (2d6+11)[18]

Meanwhile, enraged at being burned by the dragon-stick, the yzobu will lumber straight at Maddog:

Attack:
    Yzobu vs. Maddog (gore attack): (1d20+12)[18]
    Yzobu vs. Maddog (armor spikes): (1d20+13)[28]

damage if successful: gore: (1d8+3)[9]
    damage if successful: armor spikes: (1d8+7)[11]

From Q28, Il Rob will move to S30 and attack Maddog at S31:

Attack:
    Il Rob vs. Maddog: (1d20+10)[16]
    damage if successful: (1d10+6)[14]

Still invisible at S22, and with no enemies within a 30’ radius, Jevicca channels energy to heal Il Rob:

Channel Energy: (3d6)[13]

Il Rob is healed of 13 points of damage.

From R26, Jevicca’s summoned cheetah will bound up the rock formation and attack Spider from W31. This is the third of five rounds the cheetah will be active.

Attack:
    Cheetah vs. Scope: (1d20+6)[12]
    damage if successful: (1d6+3)[5]

From X24, Mott pursues Spider to X30 and attacks with Spell Combat:

Attack:
    Mott vs. Spider: (1d20+7)[15]
    damage if successful: (1d6+5)[11]

Mott vs. Spider: (1d20+7)[21]
    damage if successful: (1d6+5)[7]

If Mott’s first attack connects, he will use his Spellstrike ability to channel Frostbite:

damage if successful: (1d6+5)[11] nonlethal, plus the fatigued condition

And Arundel will keep on scanning in case any other hostiles are sneaking about:

Perception:
    Arundel: (1d20+5)[11]
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-12-11 at 08:07 AM.