New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (D20M/D&D 3.5) Modern Military vs D&D Play Thread, Match 1.

Okay, trying rolls in a separate post:

Spoiler
    Show

Perception:

Wentu: (1d20+13)[14]
    Foerth: (1d20+11)[28]
    Il Rob: (1d20+1)[21]
    Jevicca: (1d20+1)[14]
    Arundel: (1d20+5)[8]
    Mott: (1d20+8)[25]
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-11 at 01:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

And one more:

Spoiler
    Show
    Yzobu: (1d20+13)[27]

Spoiler: Clarification
    Show
    If my math is correct, Il Rob should be 10' from the western edge of the battlemap at the end of his turn.

Spoiler: Rules Question
    Show
    How long would it take for a halfling to climb onto a human's back? And would she need to make a Balance check as the human was walking?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-11 at 02:18 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Palanan, looks good. For the dice roller problem, I just grabbed a die and rolled manually. We can probably test in the OOC thread if need be?

Spoiler
    Show

The others are too far away to see properly(though they still have a pretty good idea, and seeing the ball of fog is certainly a clue), but Wentu got a nat twenty, and notices that the snow has been disturbed near here, both with footprints, and apparently digging at the snow.

I'd say that a move action would be plenty for that, and no balance check would be required for normal riding as the human runs, though if there's combat, that probably would. Concentration checks or similar can work with the appropriate modifiers for riding horseback.

Edreyn:
    Spoiler
    Show

Your go!

The owl mutters something incomprehensible, and a large burst of fog appears, engulfing a 20 foot radius. Nobody can see the owl, though of course blind firing via sound is still possible.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-11 at 02:54 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, did you see the Perception checks I rolled in the previous two posts? Just wanted to be sure you knew that I managed to get the dice roller working, as per your advice.

Also, thanks for the rules clarification, that'll be Jevicca's next action when it's her turn again.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, good, yeah, hadn't seen those, glad it's working!
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-11 at 03:19 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Sorry, before I decide I need to know something.

Spoiler
    Show

1) How high is the owl? Last known height.
    2) Is it allowed to shoot UP with flamethrower?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

No worries!

Edreyn:
    Spoiler
    Show

1) How high is the owl? Last known height. 45 feet, near the top of the tree.
    2) Is it allowed to shoot UP with flamethrower? Sure!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Clarification
    Show
    Foerth’s animal companion, the yzobu, is moving right behind Foerth for this turn.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Just emailed you an updated tactical map showing the position of the fog cloud.

Spoiler: Rules Question
    Show
    Is the snowy ground level enough for a charge?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-11 at 08:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

BardGuy

Spoiler: Starting positions
    Show

Scope: M37
    Len: T50
    Spider: Y46
    Conrad: O32
    Maddog: N32

Spoiler: Roleplaying
    Show

Len: Does it... emit smoke? What kind of place is this?
    Maddgog: Shall we fall back?
    Len: Negative. I don't think this gas is poisonous. We should press on.
    Spider: Commander, try to lure the bird out of this cloud. I'll try to shoot it.
    Len: Roger that, let's follow your plan. Conrad and Maddog, you try to get to higher ground. This mountain should do.
    Conrad: Permission to swipe it with explosives first, Commander?
    Len: Granted. If there is an ambush of... anyone, they will like the surprise.
    Scope: I'll cover you boys!

Spoiler: Invaders move
    Show

Scope: Move to N31 (on a tree). Attack if sees any humanoid or weird creature, except the team. If not, prepare an action to shoot if sees any such creature, or whoever attack Conrad or Maddog.
    Len: Move to S43. Attack if sees any humanoid or weird creature, except the team. If not, prepare an action to shoot if sees any such creature.
    Spider: Move to W43. Prepare an action to attack whoever attacks Len.
    Conrad: Shoot 40mm grenade at Q35. Then move to Q35, climb on a mount.
    Maddog: Move to Q33. Assist Conrad in climbing if applies here.

Spoiler: All rolls in advance (only use if applies, of course)
    Show

Scope
    Attack: (1d20+6)[5](5)
    Attack again if 20: (1d20+6)[8](8)
    Attack third time if both are 20 to one-shot kill: (1d20+6)[7](7)
    Damage (if hit): (2d10)[8][2](10)

Len
    Attack: (1d20+3)[18](18)
    Attack again if 20: (1d20+3)[15](15)
    Attack third time if both are 20 to one-shot kill: (1d20+3)[15](15)
    Damage (if hit): (2d8)[4][1](5)

Spider
    Attack: (1d20+5)[13](13)
    Attack again if 20: (1d20+5)[9](9)
    Attack third time if both are 20 to one-shot kill: (1d20+5)[3](3)
    Damage (if hit): (2d8)[8][3](11)

Conrad
    I don't know if I need to check for attack since I hit the ground and not target, you may roll yourself if needed.
    Damage: (3d6)[3][1][5](9)
    Climb: (1d20+6)[13](13)

Maddog
    Climb: (1d20+6)[20](20)
    Last edited by Edreyn; 2020-11-12 at 01:55 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Edreyn:
    Roll problems may exist as a result of editing, only the initial posting will have working die rolls. It's a bit annoying, but if it pops up, a seperate post is totally fine. I can also make die rolls if modifiers are listed, so no worries.

Spoiler
    Show

The fog does indeed appear to be harmless, with those nearby exhibiting no symptoms. The grenade crashes against the rock, and the echoing roar bounces off the trees as the fragments splatter the nearby area, and you evacuate the area of the fog.

Rules note: grenades targetted at squares do require an attack roll, but the base DC is only five, modified by range increments. Within the first range increment, no modifier. I'll resolve the readied actions as/if they arise, all looks good!

Palanan:
    Your go!
    Spoiler
    Show

Sounds good, appreciate the map. The ground is indeed level and smooth enough for a charge.

All hear a loud blast as an explosion happens against the central rocks, and a bit of black smoke is visible even above them to the remainder of the team. Though his ears are ringing a bit, Wentu does hear footsteps to the northwest.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-13 at 04:52 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    Originally Posted by Tyndmyr
    All hear a loud blast as an explosion happens against the central rocks, and a bit of black smoke is visible even above them to the remainder of the team.
    Can you give me an approximate coordinate for where the explosion takes place? Foerth and Il Rob should both be looking straight in that direction.

Also, given that they’ve likely seen it, can you describe it in a little more detail? Is this a great billowing swell of fire and smoke on top of the rocks, or does part of the rock formation itself explode into shards? And did Foerth or Il Rob see anything immediately preceding that explosion, say a flash from somewhere nearby?

Though his ears are ringing a bit, Wentu does hear footsteps to the northwest.
    Did Wentu by any chance hear a whistling or a buzzing close by him, just before the explosion?

Spoiler
    Show
    From his perch in the dense canopy at AA57, on the southeast side of the tree away from the invaders, Wentu will shift into halfling form, drink his potion of invisibility, and then quietly move to another branch with a 5-foot step. He will be on high alert while doing this, looking and listening as much as he can.

Perception:
    Wentu: (1d20+13)[26]

Stealth:
    Wentu: (1d20+11)[14]

Foerth will continue moving until he reaches the rock formation in the upper left corner of the battlemap, after which he’ll move south around its edge and pause at G5, with his yzobu right behind him. Both of them will be on high alert, and Foerth will be looking at the fog cloud, trying to see if he can spot or hear any foes in that direction.

Perception:
    Foerth: (1d20+11)[21]
    Yzobu: (1d20+13)[15]

Il Rob continues to run through the snow towards the sounds of battle. Starting from 10’ west of the battlemap, he will enter the main battlemap at K1, and his run action will take him to K14. He should have a good view of the fog cloud and the smoke from the most recent explosion, and he will be looking with fierce attention for any foe to engage.

Perception:
    Il Rob: (1d20+1)[5]

Now invisible, Jevicca climbs onto Mott, who continues moving east toward the fog cloud at a run, and he will finish his movement at O6, taking cover behind the trunk of the tree at that spot. Mott and Jevicca will both be looking carefully at the terrain before them, including the fog cloud and the smoke rising from the central rock formation.

Perception:
    Jevicca: (1d20+1)[4]
    Mott: (1d20+8)[26]

Jevicca’s animal companion, Arundel the roc, will fly behind them just a few feet above the snow, and will swoop into a low branch of the tree at X9, looking first to the southwest from X9, then panning through south, east and northeast.

Perception:
    Arundel: (1d20+5)[9]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Can you give me an approximate coordinate for where the explosion takes place? Foerth and Il Rob should both be looking straight in that direction.
    > Sure, it happened at Q35.

Also, given that they’ve likely seen it, can you describe it in a little more detail? Is this a great billowing swell of fire and smoke on top of the rocks, or does part of the rock formation itself explode into shards? And did Foerth or Il Rob see anything immediately preceding that explosion, say a flash from somewhere nearby?
    > More blast than fire, the noise is deafening, and a spray of rock fragments appears to pepper the nearby area. The ground is scoured mostly clear of snow, with only trace remains mingling with black marks on the rock spraying outward in all directions. This appeared to be the result of one of the humanoids blasting at it with his large black stick, similar to that fired at Wentu, but somewhat larger.

Wentu fades into invisibility, the fog still concealing him in his halfling form. The invaders left behind no equipment, but he can see from the hard marks in the snow that they left rapidly, and are perhaps carrying decent weight. It looks as if perhaps they were setting up a position here, both hiding in and under the trees, and moving the snow itself about. With effort and time, someone could perhaps dig themselves into the snow for concealment. He's confident that none of the humanoids remained with him in the fog, though.

Wentu had heard a quieter, odd sound immediately before the blast, like a hollow rushing of air. It was from the same place as one of the sets of footsteps ran from after the blast.

Foerth saw the blast, and catches a slight glimpse of movement behind the central rock. It looks as if perhaps someone ran that way after the fog cloud. Il Rob, sadly, is too focused on his running to notice any particulars, though he of course sees the blast.

Mott catches a bit of movement in Q-33, under the tree. It looks as if perhaps someone is attempting to hide behind it.

Edreyn:
    Your go!
    Spoiler
    Show

Scope's whole action is consumed by moving and climbing, but from his vantage point he does spot some movement to the west. Trees in between obscure the details, but there's a flicker of movement between branches somewhere near O-8. He can of course communicate this to his teammates if he wishes. The owl does not appear to exit the fog.

Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-16 at 04:26 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Questions & Clarifications
    Show
    Wentu fades into invisibility, the fog still concealing him in his halfling form…. He's confident that none of the humanoids remained with him in the fog, though.
    Is this a natural fog that accompanied the light snow, or do you mean the fog cloud cast on the tree with the invaders?

Just to clarify, Wentu is no longer in the vicinity of the fog cloud which he cast. He flew away in the previous round, and is now perched (invisibly) in a tree some distance away.

Mott catches a bit of movement in Q-33, under the tree. It looks as if perhaps someone is attempting to hide behind it.
    Can you double-check this coordinate? On the battlemap I have Q-33 as part of the central rock formation. There’s a tree from roughly M-28 to O-32, but Q-33 is roughly 10 feet further southeast. Is someone on the rock formation at Q-33?

14. - Top - End - #74

BardGuy

Show

Scope: N31
    Len: S43
    Spider: W43
    Conrad: Q35
    Maddog: Q33

Show

Scope: Commander there is someone moving to the west of our position. I advise caution!
    Len: Roger that, Scope. Conrad, get to the highest position on this mountain and give them some hell!
    Conrad: Roger that, Commander. Will give them my best boys!
    Len: Maddog, stay near Conrad, but move somewhat to the west from him. Give a hot embrace to anyone coming!
    Maddog: He-he, I love the small of a roasted... whoever in the morning!
    Len: Spider, you come around this mountain from the south. I will do the same from the north.
    Spider: Right, Commander.

Spoiler: Invaders Move
    Show

Scope: Stay on N31. Prepare action: shoot any humanoid\weird creature except the team.
    Len: Move to P34.
    Spider: Move to AA36.
    Conrad: Move to S32. Shoot a grenade is sees enemy. Otherwise move again to T31.
    Maddog: Move to S31. Assist Conrad at climbing.

Spoiler: All rolls in advance
    Show

Scope
    Attack roll: (1d20+6)[19](19)
    Confirm critical if applies roll: (1d20+6)[6](6)
    One-shot confirm is applies: (1d20+6)[3](3)
    Damage: (2d10)[7][7](14)

Conrad
    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[16](16)
    Confirm critical if applies roll: (1d20+5)[20](20)
    One-shot confirm is applies: (1d20+5)[1](1)
    Damage: (3d6)[1][4][3](8)
    Climb: (1d20-1)[9](9)

Maddog:
    Climb: (1d20+6)[9](9)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ah, appreciate the clarification, as I'd thought he was still within the fog. No worries, the invisibility still obscures him.

Clarification, the movement is indeed on Q-33, it is on the rocks, and further from the tree than I realized. Mostly goin' for flavor, but coord is accurate) Throughout this turn it becomes apparent that one of the men is climbing the rocks, as he scrambles a bit further up(S33) and readies a rifle. He seems wholly unaware of Wentu in his current invisible status.

Edreyn:
    Spoiler
    Show

Looks good, I'm assuming you're waiting until someone comes into view rather than blind firing in the direction of current movement. Upon sighting of anyone, the readied attacks'll fire.

Back to Palanan!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    In the canopy of the tree at AA57, and still quite invisible, Wentu will look and listen all around, and then transform into snowy owl form again (but still invisible).

Perception:
    Wentu: (1d20+13)[17]

At G5, Foerth will be looking in the direction of the explosion on the main rock formation, and he should be able to see the man scrambling up the rocks to S33. His yzobu will also be on high alert:

Perception:
    Foerth: (1d20+17)[20]
    Yzobu: (1d20+13)[21]

If Foerth sees the man, then he will carefully slip around the trunk of the tree to H7, and if he has a clear view he’ll take a shot with Deadly Aim:

Stealth:
    Foerth: (1d20+13)[30]

Attack:
    Foerth: (1d20+13)[16]

Still running, Il Rob moves from K14 to K21, crossing the ice at its narrowest point, and continues running east while angling closer to the rock formation. He has his shield in one hand and his axe in the other, and he will be looking towards the smoke on the rock formation for enemies to engage with. He should finish his turn at P28.

Perception:
    Il Rob: (1d20+1)[12]

Jevicca, still invisible on Mott’s shoulders, begins casting Summon Nature’s Ally I. For his part, Mott will keep himself behind the tree at O6. He will quietly indicate the man climbing the rocks at S33, and will continue looking and listening in all directions while doing his best to stay hidden.

Perception:
    Mott: (1d20+8)[18]

Stealth:
    Mott: (1d20+11)[23]

Meanwhile, perched in a low branch of the tree at X9, Arundel the roc will also be scanning carefully all around:

Perception:
    Arundel: (1d20+5)[19]
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-20 at 11:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Crap, thought this posted sunday, guess the forum ate my post. My bad for not double checking.

With regards to availability, it seems covid has canceled my plans, I'll check occasionally throughout the day Thursday, though I certainly don't expect anyone to prioritize this over family celebrations. =P

Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

You can indeed see him post move, take the shot.
    In addition, there is someone at the base of the rock who appeared to be shoving him upward, though the person atop the rocks clearly is more exposed, with no cover whatsoever.

Wentu sees an additional soldier heading around the southern flank of the rock(though the others lack LOS), currently at AA36.

Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-23 at 08:57 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Questions
    Show
    You can indeed see him post move, take the shot.
    In addition, there is someone at the base of the rock who appeared to be shoving him upward, though the person atop the rocks clearly is more exposed, with no cover whatsoever.
    Can you clarify what you mean by "post move, take the shot"? Not sure I follow.

Also, the person who seems to be shoving him up the rocks--can you give me the coordinates for that individual?

Spoiler: Follow-Up Question
    Show
    Okay--when you say "take the shot," do you mean that Foerth can see the soldier and can fire his arrow?

If so, please note that Foerth has already pre-rolled his attack, which was 16 all told. Also note his Stealth roll was 30.

As for the holiday, I have zero plans on Thursday, so I'll be available online all day.

Meanwhile, I think it's Edreyn's turn now.
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-23 at 11:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

BardGuy

My post? Do my chars see\hear anything new?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

I was thining the damage roll, but turns out that's a miss, so no worries. This is all highly visible to both sides, so posting publicly.

Foerth ducks around the tree sneakily to H7 and pops a shot off at Conrad. This triggers Scope's readied action, resulting in a bullet fired from N31 into Foerth's shoulder(8 damage). This is, of course, readily observable by all.

Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Il Rob is moving quick, but he sees a good range of adversaries all the same. In addition to the person atop the rocks, who is quite visible, there's one of his fellows pushing him up, and of course the third one firing from the tree is also visible to him. Finally, the moving outline of a fourth humanoid is visible on the other side of the pair of trees in the center, at or near P34.

Edreyn: Your go
    Spoiler
    Show

Still no sign of the wayward owl, though the mist remains where it suddenly appeared, treetops poking out of the clearly unnatural ball shape.

You of course see the attacker, dressed in something out of a ren fair, clearly acting aggressively, if ineffectively towards your team.

A quiet mumbling can just barely be heard from somewhere a bit south of the aggressive attacker, perhaps around M5, though it is hard to pinpoint.

A chap with a sword and shield charges to P28, moving at a furious pace, coming into view of the soldiers there.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Questions, Questions
    Show
    Foerth ducks around the tree sneakily to H7 and pops a shot off at Conrad. This triggers Scope's readied action, resulting in a bullet fired from N31 into Foerth's shoulder(8 damage). This is, of course, readily observable by all.
    Okay, it looks like N31 is in the middle of a tree. Can Foerth and the rest of Team Faerun tell whether the shot came from behind the trunk (e.g. on the ground) or somewhere up in the foliage?

In addition to the person atop the rocks, who is quite visible, there's one of his fellows pushing him up, and of course the third one firing from the tree is also visible to him. Finally, the moving outline of a fourth humanoid is visible on the other side of the pair of trees in the center, at or near P34.
    Okay, just to be sure I understand the tactical:

On the north side of the rock formation, we have a soldier climbing the rocks at S33, with another helping him just below, maybe at R33?

Then we have a muzzle flash from N31 (either on ground or in the tree?) and someone else at P34.

And on the south side is another soldier at AA36. Can you confirm all these are correct?

Also, a question for Edreyn: do you have any photos or artwork showing the appearance of the soldiers visible on the rock formation?

Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-24 at 06:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

BardGuy

Good luck, have fun!

The team:

https://jaggedalliance.fandom.com/wi...._Len_Anderson
    https://jaggedalliance.fandom.com/wi...file=Scope.jpg
    https://jaggedalliance.fandom.com/wi...meron_face.png
    https://jaggedalliance.fandom.com/wi...le=Gillitt.jpg
    https://jaggedalliance.fandom.com/wi...ile=Spider.jpg

Show

Len: P34
    Spider: AA36
    Conrad: S32
    Maddog: S31

Seen enemy 1: H7
    Seen enemy 2: P28
    Mumbling unseen enemy: M5

Show

Scope: Movement! I got someone.
    Len: What the hell! A freakin' KNIGHT is coming to me.
    Conrad: Is it medieval world or something?
    Maddog: Let's just roast 'em!
    Len: Scope, keep on the one you got from a far. Maddog and Conrad, fry this chicken in it's metal skin!
    Scope: Aye
    Maddog: Here comes the fire!
    Conrad: Sure I will!
    Len: Spider keep pushing forward to west.
    Spider: Roger that, commander.

Spoiler: Invaders move
    Show

Scope: Don't move. Attack target on H7 again.
    Len: Don't move. Attack on P28.
    Spider: Move to AA28. Attack closest enemy if there is one. If not then keep moving to AA21, fall prone.
    Conrad: Don't move. Throw semtex to P27. Detonate.
    Maddog: Move to P31 (jump down). Attack with flamethrower targeting on P28.

Spoiler: All rolls in advance
    Show

Scope
    Attack: (1d20+6)[5](5)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+6)[11](11)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+6)[19](19)
    Damage: (2d10)[4][6](10)

Len
    Attack: (1d20+3)[1](1)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+3)[2](2)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+3)[14](14)
    Damage: (2d8)[1][5](6)

Spider
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12](12)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+5)[14](14)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+5)[10](10)
    Damage: (2d8)[8][4](12)

Conrad:
    Don't know what to roll for throwing, if any, please roll it yourself.
    Damage: (4d6)[6][5][1][2](14)

Maddog
    Attack: (1d20+4)[9](9)
    Attack if 20: (1d20+4)[13](13)
    Attack if both are 20: (1d20+4)[13](13)
    Damage: (3d6)[2][4][5](11)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Edreyn
    The team:
    Okay, thanks. I was thinking more something that would show them in full combat gear, with their particular style of snow camo, helmets and goggles, etc.

24. - Top - End - #84

BardGuy

Okay, thanks. I was thinking more something that would show them in full combat gear, with their particular style of snow camo, helmets and goggles, etc.
    Such images I don't have, sorry.
    Now show yours.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Tyndmyr, just a reminder about my questions in post #81 above.

Also, I'll be available all day on Thursday, motivated to power through.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

All:
    The invaders shout in a foreign tongue to one another as they advance. The sniper in the tree fires again, missing. Gunfire also echos to the north of the rock peak, from the soldier standing there, though again without effect.

The soldier flanking south of the rocks moves around to AA28, sees a bit of movement near O-6 and fires at it. While bits of foliage fly from the bullet's passage, there is again no impact.

The soldier at S32 lobs what looks like a small package to P27, and it scarcely lands before detonating in a blast akin to that of a fireball(14 damage, DC 18 reflex for half for Il Rob, who I believe is the only one near enough to be affected). The tree looks like it caught some of the blast, and while remaining standing for now, it begins to sway and creak unsteadily.

Last but not least, the final soldier charges towards the blast, a gout of fire blasting from his position in P31 for a thirty feet line intersecting P28, setting alight everything within five feet of the line(11 damage, DC 15 reflex for half damage)

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    Spoiler: Questions, Questions
    Show

Okay, it looks like N31 is in the middle of a tree. Can Foerth and the rest of Team Faerun tell whether the shot came from behind the trunk (e.g. on the ground) or somewhere up in the foliage?

Okay, just to be sure I understand the tactical:

On the north side of the rock formation, we have a soldier climbing the rocks at S33, with another helping him just below, maybe at R33?

Then we have a muzzle flash from N31 (either on ground or in the tree?) and someone else at P34.

And on the south side is another soldier at AA36. Can you confirm all these are correct?

Also, a question for Edreyn: do you have any photos or artwork showing the appearance of the soldiers visible on the rock formation?

Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Pretty much, yeah, the muzzle flash is from the tree, and the soldier on the rocks was there, but has now jumped down and continued to move. The rest all seems accurate.

Edreyn:
    Spoiler
    Show

I appreciate the comprehensive posting format, helps me keep all the chars straight. Ten PCs in a combat is a shade more than I'm used to!

Rolled 16 on the throwing check, and since it's only a DC 5 to hit a square, easy day regardless of modifiers. Also of potential import, Spider rolled a nat 20 on the spot check and notes that his target is fairly well concealed, with the trees granting a cover bonus.

Palanan, your up!

OOC: And happy thanksgiving to all!
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-26 at 04:09 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

I'm working on my next turn right now, but an urgent question for the DM:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm having a really hard time understanding the positions and movement. Are you able to make a quick update to the battlemap, or can you wait online a few minutes while I work up a tactical view and send it to you?

Spoiler: Also...
    Show
    The tree looks like it caught some of the blast, and while remaining standing for now, it begins to sway and creak unsteadily.
    To clarify, is this the tree where Scope is perched at N31?
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-26 at 05:26 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88

BardGuy

While Palanan makes his post, I also have questions.

Spoiler
    Show

1) Is my sniper positioned on a tree that started burning?
    2) Can you please give the coordinates of seen enemies, and mark which are concealed and also mark who is already wounded. Okay if you do it after Palanan moves.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Still invisible at AA57, Wentu begins casting Summon Nature’s Ally II, which should appear at the start of his next turn.

At H7, Foerth will use a free action to urge his yzobu to charge into the fray:

Handle Animal:
    Foerth: (1d20+10)[28]

Needing little encouragement, Foerth’s yzobu takes the Run action to charge towards the fire, explosions and yelling voices, ending at O29. Everyone within 30’ must make a Fort save vs. DC 15 or be sickened for 10 rounds by the yzobu’s heavy, oily-furred musk. This includes Scope, Il Rob, and the soldiers at S32 and P33.

...after which Foerth will take two shots with Rapid Shot at the soldier atop the rocks at S32:

Attack:
    Foerth vs. S32: (1d20+13)[18]
    Foerth vs. S32: (1d20+13)[20]

As Il Rob charges through P28, one of the invaders throws something which explodes at P27. Right afterward, another invader at P31 sends a gout of flame from a long dragon-stick. Il Rob tries to avoid both:

Reflex:
    Il Rob vs. package fireball: (1d20+2)[21]
    Il Rob vs. dragon-stick: (1d20+2)[18]

Il Rob makes both saves easily, and takes 7+5=12 damage.

Il Rob makes a charge attack from P28 to the invader at P31, swinging his dwarven waraxe:

Attack:
    Il Rob vs. P31: (1d20+12)[26]

Il Rob’s AC will be 24 until his next turn.

Still invisible at O6, Jevicca drops from Mott’s shoulders and begins casting another Summon Nature’s Ally, this time SNA III.

The summons from her previous round, a stirge, appears at S13 and flies toward the soldier who just fired from AA28 on the south side of the rock formation. The stirge has a fly speed of 40 and should end its turn at X19. The stirge has an AC of 16 and 5 hit points. This is the first of five rounds that the stirge will be present.

Mott leans around the tree and fires his crossbow, already loaded with a tanglebolt, at the soldier who just fired from AA28. This is outside the crossbow’s range increment, so Mott will take a -2 on the shot. He ducks back around the tree once he's fired and reloads with another tanglebolt.

Attack:
    Mott vs. AA28: (1d20+5)[15]

Arundel the roc remains perched in a low branch in a tree at X9, and continues to watch all around:

Perception:
    Arundel: (1d20+5)[19]
    Last edited by Palanan; 2020-11-26 at 10:37 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

To Both:

Yes, the damaged tree is the one the sniper is in(though the sniper himself was out of the blast radius by virtue of height).

Keeping track of positioning is fairly challenging with this many. By all means, feel free to toss up a minimap, which I may do later as well. Right now, a majority of positions are visible.

A four legged animal with a strange bovine head, appearing like a cross between a horse and a yak, long hair swaying around it, thunders from the west up to O29 despite the noise and general tumult. The beast has a stench that sickens even the strongest(Fort Save DC 15 to avoid, or be sickened for ten rounds) for an area 30 feet around it(Scope, Il Rob, soldiers at S32, P33, I believe)

Il Rob looks a little damaged by the blast and flame, but remains standing, and lunges at Maddog with a battleaxe, slashing fiercely.

A number of ranged attacks are also fired with startling accuracy for weapons so apparently antiquated(damage details coming shortly).

Palanan:
    Spoiler
    Show

Can you toss in damage on those shots and that battle axe attack?

Total list of positions of visible adversaries:
    Len: P34
    Spider: AA28.
    Conrad: S32 (throws explosives)
    Maddog: P31(has flamethrower)

Edreyn:
    Spoiler
    Show

Waiting on Palanan for some damage rolls, but you can go ahead and make your saves for the sicken regardless.

Of note, an oversized bat-mosquito monster also is now visible to you, though it has not yet attacked. It is approaching faster than a man can run, and currently is at X19.
    Last edited by Tyndmyr; 2020-11-26 at 08:07 PM.