New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Rick and Morty Adventure - Big Rick Energy - Scale to level 9/10?

I am the backup DM and typically run simple dungeons, ie white plume mountain, etc. I do this so the main DM gets a chance to play occasionally. I am not creative enough to be a good DM of a complex campaign. I know my limitations in life.

How easy would it be to scale Big Rick Energy up to a higher level campaign? Has anyone here done that? One problem is that I am not extremely familiar with creating my own encounters and I worry I would make them too difficult or too easy.

The module seems like it would fit in with the type of dungeons i run and we like Rick and Morty.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Rick and Morty Adventure - Big Rick Energy - Scale to level 9/10?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSkiandFish View Post
    I am the backup DM and typically run simple dungeons, ie white plume mountain, etc. I do this so the main DM gets a chance to play occasionally. I am not creative enough to be a good DM of a complex campaign. I know my limitations in life.

How easy would it be to scale Big Rick Energy up to a higher level campaign? Has anyone here done that? One problem is that I am not extremely familiar with creating my own encounters and I worry I would make them too difficult or too easy.

The module seems like it would fit in with the type of dungeons i run and we like Rick and Morty.
    I've only read that module partially and in passing while I was searching something else, but it seems easy enough to make the encounters harder.

Plus it's Rick and Morty, going crazy is not a problem.