New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Looking for a most complete spell list

So I'm gearing up to play a Druid in an AD&D 2E Planescape game this coming Tuesday & especially since my available spheres of spells to choose from is limited I want to know all my options. But thus far most sites I find seem to only list spells from Player's Handbook & Player's Option: Spells & Magic only.

I've found a few extras in Tome of Magic, Complete Priest's Guide, Complete Druid's Guide, Complete Paladin's Guide, Complete Ranger's Guide & one site listed some I can't find, like Frost Fingers, a weather sphere spell that seems to be a cold burning hands, but also Forgotten Realms wiki tells me is only available to specialty priests of Auril, but regardless I'm now curious if any campaign books (since we're in Planescape all campaign worlds are accessable) have spells or what other sources might contain spells?

I'm also curious on behalf of my other friend playing a wizard/cleric and looking for offensive priest spells at first level, Frost Fingers might be just what he's looking for. I'm wondering if anyone knows a most complete site that lists spells with sources or just a more complete listing of source books which contain spells.
    Last edited by Wolfswift; 2020-10-22 at 01:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Looking for a most complete spell list

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfswift View Post
    So I'm gearing up to play a Druid in an AD&D 2E Planescape game this coming Tuesday & especially since my available spheres of spells to choose from is limited I want to know all my options. But thus far most sites I find seem to only list spells from Player's Handbook & Player's Option: Spells & Magic only.

I've found a few extras in Tome of Magic, Complete Priest's Guide, Complete Druid's Guide, Complete Paladin's Guide, Complete Ranger's Guide & one site listed some I can't find, like Frost Fingers, a weather sphere spell that seems to be a cold burning hands, but also Forgotten Realms wiki tells me is only available to specialty priests of Auril, but regardless I'm now curious if any campaign books (since we're in Planescape all campaign worlds are accessable) have spells or what other sources might contain spells?

I'm also curious on behalf of my other friend playing a wizard/cleric and looking for offensive priest spells at first level, Frost Fingers might be just what he's looking for. I'm wondering if anyone knows a most complete site that lists spells with sources or just a more complete listing of source books which contain spells.
    Priest Spell Compendium Vol 1
    Volume 2
    Volume 3

All told, it'll be about $15, but it will contain almost every priest spell written for 1e and 2e. There is a four volume set for wizards (1, 2, 3, 4), but that runs about $30; no idea why 1 & 2 are more expensive.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

What Mark said.

The Spell Compendiums are invaluable resources for reference.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

Got 'em, this does seem to be about what I'm looking for even if there does end up being a lot of stuff I'm not looking for as well. Still at least it's searchable, I'm compiling a list of level 1 spells that are of my available spheres using this and I'll go back through and list each spell's description later. But this is most helpful, with it I will compile my own little druidic spellbook document. So thank you. I only wish these books were actually one much larger pdf, but c'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

The third book, especially, may have an index that is sorted by sphere, which will make your job easier.

I wonder, though: PH Druid or S&M Druid? That could make a difference.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.