New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Reincarnating the Archmages (Icewind dale spoilers!)

Ok so. I'm going to run Icewind Dale, Rime of the Frostmaiden at some point, and I was obviously trying to look for ways my players could potentially cheese with the adventure, because of course, knowing my players, they can and will do this at every available opportunity. Doing this, I noticed that in the lost city of Ythryn, two of the archmages survive, one in the form of an adamantite statue, and another because of a memory siphoning crown. They die as soon as their situation is fixed, crumbling to dust from old age catching up to them.. but what if a party member tried to revivify them? Oh wait, they died of old age, so that does not work.. however, one spell does not work like that. Reincarnate. What would happen if they tried to reincarnate these to ythryn archmages?
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: Reincarnating the Archmages (Icewind dale spoilers!)

Well, you would have two live archmages, likely of a different race than what they've born as.

Though it's unlikely if pile of dust counts as valid target for Reincarnate.
    Last edited by JackPhoenix; 2020-10-27 at 04:15 PM.
    It's Eberron, not ebberon.
    It's not high magic, it's wide magic.
    And it's definitely not steampunk. The only time steam gets involved is when the fire and water elementals break loose.