Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 329
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    In the vault of Notagem the gnomes tend to measure time based on the activity cycles of the whisper gnomes. To other gnomes this is a mysterious phenomenon during which one by one these skulking silent creatures just spontaneously wake up and start washing themselves or making breakfast or whatever each of them thinks is pertinent. To the whisper gnomes themselves the situation is quite different. You're still sleeping and somebody magics into your brain with a message spell telling they have to pee or that they've seen the weirdest dream about bouncing talking diamonds. And it goes on and on.

    While whisper gnomes are silent, most of them also enjoy their silent interactions. They tend to send constant messages. 'I just saw Madhop trip on a molerat!' 'The water is too metally today' 'Anyone else itching between their toes?'. It's like a constant feed of messages, like a choir of twittering birds.

    Brand: Everyone who likes likes turnips, give me a thumbs up. I'll get one for you when I come back from foraging! Hextag mealsforfree.

    Hackbar: I heard there's a talking goat in the mountains. Anyone hear more, tell me about it! Hextag magicanimals.

    Grimdog: I'm going to explore to the south. I hear there was a dragon in the ocean and I wanna see it. Smell you later! Hextag Yeehaw.

    Chute: I'm really sad that Crystal is still missing. Can't believe the chief hasn't sent anyone for another rescue mission. Hextag Friends.

    Quietgone: I talked to the mites in the cesspools and there's a new type of fungus they've found. Anyone want to try it? I hear it bubbles when you eat it. Hextag Highminded.

    Young Hushedfly was actually a silent whispergnome. Her father, Arclight, the most powerful sorcerer of the tribe, was known for being a reclusive individual but Hushedfly was even more so. Often the only way to find actual silence and calm was to get away from the vault. It used to be forbidden to leave the vault to the outside world but ever since the chieftainship was transferred to a new leader she has also ventured to the world under the stars.

    It was a time they called spring. There was still snow in the outworld - not much, but every shadowy spot was white. Notagem's entrance or exit as it may be was in the side of a large hill or possibly a small mountain. It was the eastern side of a chain of mountains, The Sunset Shield it was called.

    To the east the hills descend to the border of a lake. The lake's usually called Mask lake but some call it the Screaming lake for there's sometimes an eerie wailing heard from somewhere beyond.

    And then there's the hills themselves, continuing both south and north.

    Sun was still out but it wouldn't be too long until it would hide behind the western tops. There has been scattered showers through the day. A day like any other. Yet there was a general uneasiness to you.

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Ah, silence was golden.

    Hushedfly had gone out again, but not really for any particular purpose. Just for the sake of being by herself and being amid tranquil silence. Though the wind may blow or there may be the patter of rain sometimes, or even the chirping of a cricket, she didn't mind these things, though. Anything as long as it did not come with an annoying hextag after it.

    Hushedly decided to make her way east to the Mask lake. She liked dipping her feet in the water or even going for a little swim when feeling adventurous. Though she hadn't been lucky yet (or unlucky) to hear what wailing what other people were talking about. Maybe it was just some stupid rumor. As Hushedfly made her way along the earth, she took care to move without a sound.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    We can probably assume traveling quietly whenever possible!

    If you ever want a stealth check, let me know!
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-10-23 at 12:24 PM.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    You carefully move towards the shore. You try to step only on stable stones to make as little noise as possible. You pass a small rabbit that skitters away when it sees you. You climb onto a slightly higher rocky cropping to get a clear view of the east.

    The lake is large but not so large that you couldn't see the ends of it. You could reach the north shore and come back before the next day has gone too far. Somewhere in the north you can barely make out a plume of smoke.

    On the eastern shore there's a forest which goes on further than you know. Somewhere in the far distance beyond the forest there's a tree that rises as high as the western mountains. It's difficult to know how far it is. The skytree seems to be surrounded today by some green clouds. That's something you haven't seen before.

    To the south the lake stops at some cliffs. You hear there's rapids there and another lake that's lower. The rangers call it lake Littlesea.

    You know a couple of gnomes have made boats and you try to see if you can find them but they're nowhere to be seen. Instead you can see a field of dead reeds on the shore. Suddenly you catch a glimpse of something moving there. It's too distant to see it clearly and it's seemingly trying to stay in cover.

    In the sky there's a few birds. One of the birds seems to be hunted by what looks like a luminescent pixie or something similar. They're far distant.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You're at aj03, near Notagem. The sun is up and it's close to falling behind mountaincover.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Hushedfly creeps near a tree (or a rock??) to blend in with a singular object. She tries to peer at whatever is in the reeds. She tries to estimate how big it is. And perhaps, if she just stares long enough, maybe she can make out some details?

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I don't know what aj03 refers to. Is there some sort of map I missed?

    perception: (1d20+4)[5]
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    aj03 is a coordinate yes. There's no maps because gnomes don't really know how to make proper maps yet but if you at some point want to figure out where a place is relative to another, the coordinates will give you a slightly better idea.


    You settle behind some rocks. Rocks are safe. Plants, not so much. You watch for a while to observe a gnome-sized dark creature walk on two legs partially submerged in icy water. It wanders in the reeds for a while and settles to lie in the water.

    The shore and the creature are about forty meters away and you're pretty sure the creature hasn't observed you.

    You remember some vague stories about bestial changes that faerie magic has done to gnomes that were punitively driven out of the vault. They say wild magical effects used to be stronger and more common.

    Other stories tell of rangers seeing creatures that were almost but not quite gnomes. The old chief commanded some such creatures called xvarts.

    Or maybe it's a large dark beaver. You've seen such a creature once with your own eyes.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Huh. Yeah, it was still kind of hard to make out. Wasn't the water kind of cold? Maybe it was just an animal.

    Well, if it was just lying down...

    Hushedfly opts to wait a while. If whatever this creature is keeps lying still in the water, she slowly approaches, provided there is cover. That is, she tries to quietly move to another object to hide behind. Being 40-50 feet away from the creature is a good distance.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    stealth: (1d20+5)[24]
    and advantage: (1d20+5)[13]

    perception: (1d20+4)[11]
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    The air is cool and so must the water be. There's still some ice floating farther in the lake. Not much of it, but a bit.

    The creature looks more and more to have a gnomish shape as you approach it. It's skin is very dark green, almost black. It's naked and it lies in the water with its face down. There's no sign of movement from the creature.

    At this point you notice there's a whispering horn-like sound that comes when the wind hits the dead reeds. Bird sounds are slowly decreasing.

    At this point you're maybe ten feet from the edge of the water.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Like this creature in the water, Hushedfly was also naked. This was her preference, however, so that every part of her skin would blend in with her surroundings. Hm, its face was in the water for a while now... Either this person could breathe water somehow, or they were probably dead.

    Why lay down like that? Perhaps some sort of magic compulsion? Hm, maybe something to do with the reeds. In any case, if something was compelling them to end their own life, Hushedfly did not feel she wanted to do that. Her will wasn't overwhelming or absolute in the matter, but yeah. She was pretty sure she preferred living instead of drowning herself.

    Welp, this would make an interesting story to tell her family, but it was somewhat disappointing that this was here to foil her plans. If the water was so cold, she probably wouldn't be in it long anyway. Something was to the north, too. From the smoke, a fire? Probably trouble. Hushedfly decided to head south towards the cliffs and rapids. First she moves away from the water for better cover, in case something was lurking in or near the water. She treads silently and cautiously, as always.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Let's say that your character's faerie blood makes her more ok with cool temperatures. She doesn't have cold resistance but she's not bothered by moving around au naturel in refrigerator temperatures. She would probably be more troubled by high temperatures that would be ok for a human. This is just a flavour decision, no rules effects.


    You turn your path towards the south. For about an hour you travel without catching sight of anything that interesting. The sun goes behind the mountains. It's technically still day but the light is dimming down.

    You continue to circle around the lake while keeping distance to the water. Eventually you start small rodents among the rocks. They come out at twilight. Nothing too curious about them.

    You come to the cliffs that separate the higher lake from the lower one and here you almost stumble into another whispergnome. It's Grimdog. He's having a snack, a recently caught vole that he's eating raw. He's sitting, looking south over the lower lake, almost invisible while leaning on a rock, camouflaged by his skin. He's got traveling gear, obviously meaning to be away for a while.

    The sight is impressive. The way down isn't a single drop, but the ground level drops about 35 meters at a distance of 150 meters. There's several drops of a few meters. Beyond is the lake Little Sea and looking into the distance you can kind of make out how somewhere far in the south another set of cliffs makes the far shore of this lake. Beyond that should be the actual ocean.

    If you continue to the east you will come to the rapids though you've never seen them, only heard of them.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Oh, Grimdog. Yes, he had said he was going to the south to explore, hadn't he? Funny that she should see him here, though.

    Hushedfly considered sending a message. Maybe something as simple as 'good luck' or 'stay safe', but then again, what would be the point? She stood behind her rock for a long time, watching him eat and gazing at the scenery and just agonizing over the decision. But eventually, Grimdog had finished his snack, and she still hadn't said anything.

    ...

    Maybe it would just be better to be completely invisible. To never be seen. To have never even existed. No, stop thinking that.

    Eventually, Hushedfly lets Grimdog be on his way without so much as a goodbye. She decides that she would like to see these 'rapids' to the east.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    In a few minutes Grimdog picks up his things and starts walking climbing down toward the lower lake. He seems oblivious to having ever been watched.

    You continue on your way. In just a few minutes you reach the rapids. The waters of Lake Mask leak over in a waterfall that collects in a small pool about 4 meters below. From there the water quickly flows down between rocks only to reach a second waterfall. A third, the largest one plummets straight into lake Littlesea.

    The rocks are slippery from the water in the area. You might be able to jump over to the other side but in the dim twilight it would not be that easy. It would take acrobatics.

    Occasionally you can hear a crash as a piece of ice falls over the waterfall and gets crushed on the rocks below. Interestingly you also hear something that sounds like animal noises in the water. For lack of a better word it sounds like a whinny.

    In the eastern horizon you can see a tiny bit of a pale blue glow. There's not enough light to figure out any shapes or such but there's a light source there.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Hushedfly would like to climb down to the first pool below if she feels it's relatively safe and doable, and also if she doesn't think she'll be hit by any falling pieces of ice. She'd like to take a dip in that pool and rest. But then again, it still might be annoying with the sudden sounds of crashing ice interrupting the ambient noise every now and then.

    Then those whinny noises start. Hushedfly tries to pinpoint where exactly that noise is coming from, and what might be making it.

    Spoiler: roll
    Show
    perception: (1d20+4)[22]
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    You spend a while looking for a safe way down. Eventually you find a spot that seems safe enough and you cautiously descend to the level of the first pool.

    The pool is about 25 times 6 meters in general size though it's slightly triangular. You suspect you could swim through the pool without being caught in a current but the occasional block of ice falling from above doesn't seem safe. The next pool further down might be safer.

    You try to seek the source of the whinny. It seems to come from near the water and it's only there occasionally. You close in on the actual rapids and when you're only a couple of meters from the water gushing between the rocks then you catch sight of the source.

    In the foam of the water you catch the head of an animal. Your first thought is there's a horse swimming in the water. You freeze out of surprise for a moment. When you see the creature again it looks more like the water is the head of an animal, a horse to be more exact. And as soon as you make out it's form, it dissipates again.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Hushedfly blinks. ...some kind of... water spirit? Maybe it enjoyed the foam of the rapids?

    She wondered.. was it nice? Hushedfly gingerly approaches the foaming water and runs her fingertips through it.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    You seek out the thing with your hand and touch its head. You feel not just the foamy and frothing water splash but there's something solid, like threads in the form.

    The thing reacts to the touch. It tosses its head and tries to bite at you but it's sluggish, slow, as if tired. It seems to react reflexively.

    It pushes its form upwards and rising from between the rocks it does look like a watery horse. You're not entirely sure if it actually knows what and more importantly where you are.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Please give me a roll for iniative in addition to whatever else you choose to do next.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Ack! Now Hushedfly wasn't sure what she was dealing with. Not a creature of water. Something in it?? Maybe not enjoying the water, either. Struggling?

    But still, it wasn't happy with her presence at all, apparently. Even if it needed help, seemed she couldn't do anything. Especially if it was coming after her.

    Hushedfly quickly withdraws from the creature, backing away from the water, and remains motionless for a while, hoping it just doesn't see her or come after her.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    initiative: (1d20+3)[11]

    Using disengage action. And...

    Stealth: (1d20+5)[8]

    Advantage: (1d20+5)[6]
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    The creatures moves first, but seems to be unaware of exactly where you are. It lumbers over you dripping water and looks for you waving its head around.

    From the slow speed of the creature's movements you suspect you could outdistance it easily.

    At this point you rush from under it and withdraw to a further distance.

    Finally it seems to catch your form. Seeing you rapidly distance yourself it says sluggishly in sylvan
    -Come quick. Come to the water where it's safe. The panther will get you otherwise.

    And almost immediately after you hear the growl of a panther somewhere in the darkness behind you.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    What? This had to be some sort of trick! It was just trying to bite her and could barely see where she was now! How did it know about some panther further away?

    Spoiler: roll
    Show
    insight: (1d20+4)[8]


    Needless to say, Hushedfly's initial assumption is that the creature is lying and wants to lure her into the water to eat her.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Seeing that you're not lured in the creature withdraws back into the water.
    -Don't blame me when the panther gets you.

    While it seemed slow to begin with, it seems to be lacking even more vitality now. Once it's back in the water it doesn't even whinny anymore.

    Now there's only the sounds of water falling and a deepening darkness. Clouds are flowing from the southwest and they're covering the moon and stars.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The animal noise seemed too pertinent. Also it seemed kind of limited, as if created by a spell effect. You now only see the distance of darkvision.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Ah yes. It was a trick even Hushedfly could have done herself, creating illusionary sounds. The creature's ruse was rather transparent, just like it.

    "Why do you want to hurt me? I'm sorry to have bothered you," she says, maybe confused about its motives. Or maybe they didn't matter to begin with.

    Hushedfly wondered if the creature could even hear her still, though it probably wasn't a good idea to linger here.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    There's no longer any answer from the creature.

    Your insight fails to suggest a reason.

    You suspect it can't know where you are and you could, with a bit of acrobatics, cross the rapids over the wet rocks.

    You could also go further down. There might be a better place to cross there.

    Or you could continue your way south on the western shore of lake Littlesea.

    In the far east the pale blue glow continues.

    As you're evaluating the situation you notice a flickering flame in the darkness, somewhere far below and to the east. It moves as if carried by someone who must be either on a boat or on the shore of the lower lake.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You're still at aj03.
    You're starting to become aware that you'll become hungry soon. Carrying no rations you need to forage regularly.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Well, this was probably about as far as Hushedfly wanted to go for now... though maybe, if she wanted to cross, there'd be an easier way to the north, via a swim?

    She'll climb back up the rocks the way she came, and walk along the shore of Mask lake a bit. She'll even try going for a swim there. Whether or not she actually crosses will depend on how far it is to the other side and if there is a current. But in any case, she had been wanting a little swim the whole time anyway.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    'The night is safe' the rangers say.

    The most trouble Hushedfly has is locating the place where it was easy to get back up to the higher area of the cliffs.

    The shore of Mask Lake is pleasant in the night. CLoud cover eventually breaks and in moonlight she can see the fish come in to nibble at things they find in the mud close to shore.

    When she's having a swim, nothing bothers her. It's just her and the emptiness of water. Hushedfly isn't a very strong swimmer so she's not going too far out. But when she sticks her head underwater and dives for a moment that's the most calm she's ever had.

    When she starts to get cold she eventually comes back up and starts back to shore. At that point she hears the wailing. At first there's just surprise, despite she knows about the possibility of hearing the sound. But the sound has such an emotional, blood-curdling quality. It feels colder than the icy water even at this distance.

    It's not the lake itself that screams. The sound definitely seems to come from across the lake, to the north-east. The wailing only continues for a minute or so, but it feels like a long minute.

    After that there's a message in your head.
    -When you break the water surface, people can hear you from afar.
    You immediately recognize the blunt and direct style of your father.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Oh, it was her father! He must be close, considering that he was able to send her a message.

    Hushedfly responds: Hello, Father. Where are you?

    She could do this, as a response was almost always possible, even if you didn't know where the original sender was. As for his advice, well, she really tried to make as little noise as possible when swimming. But she supposed that she messed up a bit this time.

    Quietly wading to shore, she shivered a bit as she looked around, though it would be difficult to locate her father without a hint, no doubt.

    Spoiler: roll
    Show
    perception: (1d20+4)[7]
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Arclight walks to the shore to greet you. He scowls, which is common. His looks usually vary between disappointment, anger, annoyment and hidden rage. He's an intimidating sort but he's never threatened you in any way. Rather he's taken great care of you throughout your life and taught you about silence and stealth. Intimidation is just how he channels his sorcerous charisma.

    He's got black dragon bloodline traits. His hair is wild and kept loosely in check by a leather cord. His feet are scaly black though the black doesn't look reptilian but has an oily tint.

    While looking at you he casts another message. He basically never speaks.

    -If you slide into the water you avoid splashes. If you wary the speed of your slide, you decrease the waves you cause.

    For a moment he just lets his frowns drop and you a content smile on his face and there's a small nod which your recognize as acknowledgement of your stealthiness.

    -You look hungry. Have you forgotten to hunt? Your mockery spell could easily get you bats, rabbit or fish. Here, have some jerky.

    Finally he continues...

    -When you're done with your travels for the night, you should come and see what the mites have under our vault.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Hushedfly gladly accepts some jerky and she message back, 'Thank you. Have you been following me?' Seems like the obvious answer would be yes, but who knew, really?

    She honestly felt bad about using the mockery spell. She accidentally discovered its power one day and hurt someone. Since then, she has taken even more care to not insult anyone, or just avoid people completely. There was a reason she usually came back from her little excursions quite hungry. She couldn't bring herself to do this on an unsuspecting creature. And besides! It wasn't stealthy.

    Hushedfly sat down with her father a while and chewed on the jerky. She messaged: 'Will you be home later?'

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I'm curious about the family situation. Does she have a mother, or was that some kind of Fae? Grandparents? Siblings?

    Or should I make this up?
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    -No. I was hunting.

    For a while he just sits and watches you eat.

    -Yes. Your mother will want whatever I catch fresh.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Your mother is Anydots, a forest gnome. She's considered the best tanner and leatherworker in the clan by many. She's also the half-sister to the current chief. She's an emotional, melancholy individual. Anydots is usually pushing herself with work because it settles her mind.
    Despite your father being a sorcerer, you think your bloodline powers are actually from your mother's side. Her side of the family has many bear totem barbarians. Maybe one of the earlier generations mixed up with a spirit bear or something.
    Your family exists in an interesting interesting situation in the tribe. Your father was one of the closest allies to the old chief. Most of chief Fey-tricker's allies are now clearly considered socially undesirable by the majority of the tribe. Because your mother is close kin to the current chief, Almondgrape, your family is still in the middle of things.
    When your father is hunting, he usually does it with ray of frost. Sometimes he hunts with sling and true strike cantrip.


    The moment continues for a while. You just sit side by side. Then he rises and messages to you.
    -I think I heard a rabbit.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Hushedfly continues to sit a while and watches as Arclight does his thing. It's not that she didn't want to help or was lazy.. Okay, well, she was lazy, but in this case she likely wouldn't contribute anything, or could even hinder her father's hunt.

    And so she just sat still, and quiet, blending in with the ground, and waited to see how her father's hunt went. Or perhaps he wouldn't be back?
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2020-10-25 at 10:14 AM.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Smilex's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Hushedfly watches as her father slowly creeps out of the range of her darkvision.

    For a while she expects her father is going to appear again. ...That doesn't seem to happen.

    Somewhere in the far distance there's the sound of a small avalanche.

    A while later the wailing on the lake happens again.

    Looking at the moon... it's probably not even midnight yet.

    Notagem should be just a couple of minutes away. Where to next?

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    WindStruck's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Gnomecalypse [5e solo hexcrawl]

    Admittedly, Hushedfly was a little disappointed when her father did not return. But she supposed he was busy.. doing something actually useful for the tribe and all that.

    She was content to laze and sit there for a while, but eventually she felt a little bored. Looking for some purpose to her outing, or perhaps even her existence, curiosity compelled her to stand up and stretch when that wailing came from across the lake again.

    Maybe she might catch a glimpse of something if she walked a bit northward? Or then again, almost certainly not. But in any case, Hushedfly felt like wandering north, so north she went.
    Avatar: Astra Glitterwing in A Faerie Affair

    Nexus character: Solstice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •