New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Question What would you say is her class? Race? Equipment?

http://village.photos/images/user/c3...a464f3fc93.jpg

What would you say is her class? Race? Equipment? It says she's a princess but not anything else. My first thought was cleric but not with that weapon. Unless her deity allows it from the war domain or something.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What would you say is her class? Race? Equipment?

I'd call her a halfling druid riding her fleshraker animal companion.

Edit: Probably level 4, because if she were level 5, the image would be of two fleshrakers.
    Last edited by Bronk; 2020-10-23 at 11:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Bronk View Post

Edit: Probably level 4, because if she were level 5, the image would be of two fleshrakers.
    I'm a bit rusty on druids too but how would she have 2? And what would the weapon be? Doesn't look druidic.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

one would her wild shaped and one would her animal companion ;-)
    Currently Playing: Aire Romaris Chaotic Good Male Half Celestial Gray Elf Duskblade 13 / Swiftblade 7 /// Elven Generallist Wizard 20

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Not a Fleshraker, one of the other Dromaeosaurs of the edition, I think. You can tell since there are no spikes on the top. But yea, level 4 halfling Druid, that got proficiency in a Fauchard or Glaive or Naginata or something with an alternate class feature.
    Last edited by Gavinfoxx; 2020-10-26 at 08:54 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe she went for the Swift Hunter ACF and halfling substitution levels for a mounted build.
    It would fit too because she's not wearing armor, so it's either that or a Monk's Belt.

Might be especially fitting if she's a Talenta halfling from Eberron.

7. - Top - End - #7

Kobold

Maybe a level of a heavily acf'ed monk or ranger or barbarian or something? Though as near as I can tell, unless you go dig stuff up from Pathfinder, the best an ACF of Monk could give you is Longspear proficiency, and that's a slashing weapon of some sort. So maybe an ACF'ed Monk/Ranger of some sort, or something.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

It's a Megaraptor if she's medium size. That's a 10th Level or Higher (Level -9) animal companion, or it's available as a Wild Cohort if the character is 13th level or higher. Otherwise it could just be a tame/trained version that was raised in captivity and purchased.

For class, combine Druidic Avenger with the Deadly Hunter ACF. That gets Rage like a Barbarian, the Monk AC bonus, and a bunch of other benefits.

If this is an NPC, just describe her as using whatever weapon that is and she's automatically proficient with it. Or you can give her Aristocrat at 1st level for proficiencies, you count one less than the total NPC class levels toward CR so that won't even count for anything.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lylsyly View Post
    one would her wild shaped and one would her animal companion ;-)
    That's where I was going all right! :)

The weapon could just be a fancy club, so she could still be a druid without any extra proficiencies.

I like the medium character large megaraptor idea... but how about a halfling riding a dungeonbred megaraptor? :) I don't know, it's a halfling kinda day for me.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

You sure she's not a Nagual?

Sure seems she has some heavy mesoamerican influence going on.

And that weapon looks like the love child of a macuahuitl and a tepoztopilli....

I suggest that you check out the legend of Princess Eréndira and Lady Six Sky and Ix Wak Chan Ajaw for examples of mesoamerican warrior princesses (and some queens).

As for levels, if you are being realistic: Aristocrat, Fighter or Psy-warrior, warshaper, and a custom version of hengeyokai reflavored for the Nagual if you want that. Psionics are quite appropriate for certain mesoamerican legends.
    Arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshyo ka?

11. - Top - End - #11

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Wild Elf Barbarian with a Glaive riding a Megaraptor. Possibly also a Wild Elf Druid riding a megaraptor prestige classed in to Wild Planes Outrider.

This doesn't scream halfling to me, definitely sharp facial structure of an elf-type.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTheCat View Post
    Wild Elf Barbarian with a Glaive riding a Megaraptor. Possibly also a Wild Elf Druid riding a megaraptor prestige classed in to Wild Planes Outrider.

This doesn't scream halfling to me, definitely sharp facial structure of an elf-type.
    I agree, it definitely has an elfy face, but it also matches pretty closely with the art for the Talenta Halflings from Eberron, who also look elfy, wear masks, and ride dinos.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

I'd say a PF Hunter, charge build, with a funnily-shaped lance.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

14. - Top - End - #14

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I agree, it definitely has an elfy face, but it also matches pretty closely with the art for the Talenta Halflings from Eberron, who also look elfy, wear masks, and ride dinos.
    makes sense then I suppose. I'm not particularly familiar with Eberron, so that's not at all where my brain went when I saw the image.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    For class, combine Druidic Avenger with the Deadly Hunter ACF. That gets Rage like a Barbarian, the Monk AC bonus, and a bunch of other benefits.
    Definitely the vibe I was getting. An unarmored tribalist caster-esque character who can handle her own in melee combat as well.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Spamalot in the Playground

I'd go with PF Ranger and either Two-Handed or Mounted style.

I'm not nearly qualified for the "which saurid is that" discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

17. - Top - End - #17

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post

If this is an NPC, just describe her as using whatever weapon that is and she's automatically proficient with it. Or you can give her Aristocrat at 1st level for proficiencies, you count one less than the total NPC class levels toward CR so that won't even count for anything.
    How about the Grassland/Savannah Environmental Weapons list from Dragon Magazine #331? "Druids of the grassland and savannah know how to use bolas, the javelin, longspear, scythe (long used as an implement for cutting grass and hay), shortbow, shortspear, sickle, sling, and spear."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    How about the Grassland/Savannah Environmental Weapons list from Dragon Magazine #331? "Druids of the grassland and savannah know how to use bolas, the javelin, longspear, scythe (long used as an implement for cutting grass and hay), shortbow, shortspear, sickle, sling, and spear."
    The weapon does look a bit like a stylized war scythe. Specifically, how war scythes looked in real life (the blade is removed and remounted rather like a spear or other polearm, because that's way more practical as a weapon), rather than the admittedly more iconic farming scythes D&D uses for illustrations. Also, the Talenta Plains is an appropriate location for both a Halfling riding a dinosaur and a Grassland/Savannah Druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

19. - Top - End - #19

NecromancerGuy

Could she be a Goliath Druid or Saurian Champion? Either seem possible ways to get that look as early as level 1...Which would be better, in your opinion, if someone were interested in building and playing that character?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Ranger, Druid, or Hunter.

All are proficient in Scythe, and a war capable would look similar enough to pass muster. I'd probably go with Hunter, of the three options, since this one seems to like to fight in perfect tandem with their dinosaur. Hunters have full Martial proficiency, so you could make it any hafted martial weapon of your choice in that case. A Guisarme would make a good choice, refluffed as a longer hafted terbutje/macahuitl.

21. - Top - End - #21

Kobold

I still think it looks like a Fauchard, Glaive, or Naginata. I don't see a big useful hook on it...